ITT: game development disasters, stories, pictures, whatever

ITT: game development disasters, stories, pictures, whatever
What got cancelled that youre still butthurt about some new Earthbound 64 stuff showed up

Attached: file.png (333x236, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZu-gL_ueOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tfdnlkkb1G4
youtube.com/watch?v=d_dZenzrXRA
youtube.com/watch?v=ntFZa5AOV6w
youtube.com/watch?v=wxLs8g6n4jg
youtube.com/watch?v=EUUXf1VhVNc
youtube.com/watch?v=XSFxiuID1TY
vg247.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-3-nemesis-began-life-as-a-spin-off/
youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0
youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY
youtube.com/watch?v=a19YJQFdG6U
youtube.com/watch?v=BWqOoMRUgm8
youtube.com/watch?v=HcRkZ66RN2w
youtube.com/watch?v=y0w9X-_iipQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DV6OXX2C1Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg
youtu.be/NgzAqUlT78w
youtu.be/EbBnnMqeAUY
youtube.com/watch?v=foZUcPQAMvg&t=46s
youtube.com/watch?v=eLToimxrzYI
youtu.be/_k_i4wwEbjI?t=269
youtube.com/watch?v=SvDWe4Go6vs
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=aXVKBznKRXU
youtube.com/watch?v=swlk2geoG94
tcrf.net/Mafia_II
assemblergames.com/threads/shadow-of-the-colossus-potential-debug.50436/
youtu.be/w72kj20YNA0
kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152
youtube.com/watch?v=f-p8PmomiGw
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M
youtube.com/watch?v=D7atE-YmUWk
youtube.com/watch?v=Xos08tZ0aX0
mediafire.com/file/d6d9vy36hne679k/No More Heroes 2 scripts.rar
youtu.be/uM24jOD2LvQ?t=54s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cancelled_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_Hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo
youtube.com/watch?v=G-eB-oCWsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4
youtube.com/watch?v=VKvjKcDSswA
youtube.com/watch?v=qSNgXKCwLwo
youtu.be/IpcfzR1xdMg)
youtube.com/watch?v=ggeLI0NMlfI)
youtube.com/watch?v=iCHaJ0bLGhs&list=PL9H1ai1PRZ3NZ9GsA0UgOw5j-i0OoQLV4&index=2)
youtube.com/watch?v=lSAHblrOAq0&list=PL9H1ai1PRZ3MRInH15RrHVNNy9NeIbRG3)
tcrf.net/LittleBigPlanet_3_(PlayStation_3)
youtube.com/watch?v=c3u3oFjjiFo
youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
moogle.net/?page_id=174
youtube.com/watch?v=6k92QflvdFM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg
youtube.com/watch?v=L5mjqeuxlig
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-segas-cancelled-shenmue-remake
kotaku.com/how-lucasarts-fell-apart-1401731043
youtu.be/RnJrBEVv2iw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwEw3jM-h4
youtu.be/prownnvrwdo?t=58
youtu.be/cOVBRJToVDY
relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/
unseen64.net/2009/04/07/resident-evil-5-beta-analysis/
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3bvrvJYyo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder if Nintendo will ever have a leak of these old builds

Banjo being in Smash

He was SO CLOSE, but he got rejected at the last minute

>some new Earthbound 64 stuff showed up
You can't fucking say that and not provide details

OP's image: Soul
Real OoT: Soulless

>ninetendo
>leaking anything with shiggy miyamoto still alive

shut up faggot go shit up one of the clearly off topic threads

youtube.com/watch?v=eZu-gL_ueOQ that recent small clip of earthbound 64. not exactly "new" but its highest quality so far

youtube.com/watch?v=tfdnlkkb1G4 this is the footage we had until now. same content, substantially higher quality

Kirby 64 is a neat game but had the potential to be great but went through development hell due to being originally developed for the disk drive. Game got gutted and all the side characters except for Dedede got downgraded to support characters that were originally intended to be playable

Attached: kirby 64 early art.png (320x240, 98K)

kirby has weird development hell stories for sure. that shit genuinely makes me wonder what sort of shit we DIDNT end up with

youtube.com/watch?v=d_dZenzrXRA

Darkstalkers 4, circa 2000
Darkstalkers 4, circa 2013

Attached: 1381940386725.jpg (1200x720, 150K)

Attached: SMT X FE.jpg (600x363, 63K)

When will Mother 64 leak?
Will they release it on the N64 mini?

youtube.com/watch?v=ntFZa5AOV6w
Metroid IV, 2001

Attached: Metroid IV (Fusion) GBA E3 2001 Gamestore VHS Clip (360p_30fps_H264-96kbit_AAC).mp4_snapshot_01.05_[ (480x360, 26K)

>I wonder if Nintendo will ever have a leak of these old builds

With N64 games, a lot of the early builds may have been running off of Silicon Graphics workstation development kits. A couple years ago, someone purchased a bunch of old SGI workstations from a auction, and found out that they had N64 art assets and demos for Acclaim/ Iguana N64 games.

i doubt nintendo has EB64

Recently released Earthworm Jim 2 prototype with loads of weird-ass shit in it:
youtube.com/watch?v=wxLs8g6n4jg

Attached: ewj prototype.webm (440x360, 860K)

Duyuke Nukem Forever on the Quake II engine:

youtube.com/watch?v=EUUXf1VhVNc

The original Prey from 1998:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSFxiuID1TY

Both the DNF 98 and Prey 98 trailers were shown at E3 1998.

they have it, but it will never leave whatever vault its rotting away in.

nothing is worse than PREY2 getting raped by bethesda

>n64 mini
They arent gonna tough the n64 with a 30 foot pole if they don't have to, and for good self explanatory reason

I want to see a complete Half Life 2 beta.

>someone is probably sitting on a prototype somewhere

Attached: mwo,x1000,ipad_2_snap-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg (750x1000, 107K)

russkies have been doing exactly that for years, its looking pretty good, honestly, the beta looked better than retail

>collectors flaunting one of a kind shit
>that slowly bitrot/discrots to death
>losing your only hope of saving it
>with the ONLY way to save it is dropping unreasonably large sums of money in the hopes that they even budge on it
this is why you should appreciate and respect leakers.

RE7 was going to be a spiritual successor to RE4 but they decided to ruin it instead

Attached: file.png (576x314, 50K)

everything that involves RE is a fucking mess

wasn't RE3 gonna be a HUNK game? I wish it happened

vg247.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-3-nemesis-began-life-as-a-spin-off/ something like that

We didn't need another action oriented, 4 style game. 7 made good choices but 2 Remake basically perfected it.

>instead of a based HUNK game we got fucking CV and RE0
fucking gay.

RE0 did start on the N64 as well so dont forget this, something capcom has been working hard as fuck to keep under their control

They don't have it, Brownie Brown does.

>nothing is worse than PREY2 getting raped by bethesda

youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0

What happened to this game? :(

Yeah, it's a good game you sheep.

>RE0 did start on the N64 as well so dont forget this,

Play through of the cancelled N64 game:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY

thats because the devs themselves dug it out to do so

>discrot
>on an n64 cartridge
what did user mean by this?

>Guy buys beta of SNES Mario Kart
>Has different sprites, animations, and a completely unused song for Vanilla Lake
>The only images of the sprites are off of a shitty CRT TV
>No animation footage, we only know what happens because the guy who owns the cartridge described what happens
>Recorded the song by recording his TV in his echoey-ass room, have to listen to inaccurate recreations for no echo

I can't remember the his name right off the bat but seriously fuck the guy who owns the SNES Mario Kart beta

Wow, I've never seen this before. That Samus design is weird

bitrot and discrot
bitrot = electronic rot
discrot = physical rot of the dye used on the data layer

>bitrot
not a thing

This with qualifiers:

* My understanding is that Prey '98 wasn't as far along as hyped.

Also, the original sequel to Sam & Max from LucasArts was only weeks away from Release Candidate (they only had minor bug- stomping & voice acting left).

The original TimeShift (only minor bug-stomping left until Release Candidate).

Ultima 8: THe Lost Vale (It was GOLD, FFS, and they never shipped it!).

Even though it was only a prototype, Bioshock Plus.

Original Fallout 3. Original Ultima 9.

Troika's tech demo of a post-apocalypse game.

And other stuff, too. I'll end it there, though.

i dont argue with retards

Attached: file.png (610x100, 15K)

>that N64 ver of the end credits theme
it sounds so much better
youtube.com/watch?v=a19YJQFdG6U

it hurts

Attached: NO_skeleton.gif (772x500, 583K)

on a N64 cartridge?
not happening, as that's not how it works.

yes it will and yes it does

I was pretty sad when I found out that there was a Streets of Rage 4 in development for the Sega Dreamcast that was cancelled:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWqOoMRUgm8

There was also a Castlevania game in development for the Dreamcast as well, that was cancelled:

youtube.com/watch?v=HcRkZ66RN2w

Also, Toe Jam and Earl 3:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0w9X-_iipQ

>Information on a cartridge slowly decays, this is a fact. Here's evidence.
>Not on N64

Not the user you're responding to but that's fucking stupid. The other user gave evidence to his claim but you're just going "nuh-uh"

no it doesn't, name one instance of bit rot ever affecting a cartridge.

This looks really good

>The other user gave evidence to his claim
no he fucking didn't, a screenshot of the definition is not evidence of bit rot affecting (n64) cartridges

youtube.com/watch?v=DV6OXX2C1Ok heres an example for visuals where it only affected visuals, not functionality
other example in pic related

now shut the fuck up and kill yourself

Attached: l1n2ch9mwfn11.jpg (2448x3264, 581K)

youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg
>tfw looks much better than the game it became

I already know he's gonna respond with "N64 examples" like N64 didn't use cartridges

the best part is
>rareware used special dev carts
>they erased data on poweroff once played
>so each cart needed to be reflashed every time you powered on/off
>this means any still surviving rareware carts that still have a build need to be dumped first before anything else, or you will lose whats on it
>this has happened twice aleady

that's water damage, not rot. He even mentioned in the video that it was stored in an extremely damp environment for a long time. It doesn't even make physical sense for "rot" to affect a cartridge like this, given the components they're made from.

Developer cartridges use flash memory and shit. That will degrade over time.

then the fighting game community fucked it up by not making sfxt a huge success.

Silent Hill

youtu.be/NgzAqUlT78w
youtu.be/EbBnnMqeAUY

I dunno if it's true but apparently Silent Hill 3 would had a very dark story but they decided to tone it down

Attached: silenthil.png (633x475, 139K)

Okay so there's a lot of discussion about what REALLY happened but I've done my best to research this shit and was one of the few people constantly talking about how Arkane was working on their own Prey before it was announced at E3 2016. But here's some of the basics:
>Bethesda likes to play both sides and have multiple people work on a project so that if one fucks up, they can cull them and still have a project ready to meet investor deadlines - Prey was one of them.
>Human Head and Arkane were the two chosen, after the rights were acquired by Zenimax
>In the mean time, 3D Realms had been sort of just sitting on the project for three years due to a mix of general office politics and overall lack of ability to get anything done because it's 3D Realms - a major part of this was having Radar Group fund everything and basically waste time
>Though they did have a basic framework done, namely what happens to Tommy
>Human Head are the chosen subject for being the main Prey 2 devs (Since they made the first game and thus had better brand power) whilst Arkane work on a secondary concept that would be chosen if something happened to Prey 2 (Obviously something happened)
>This was because of general office politics - Human Head were very popular with Bethesda for some reason and had MULTIPLE projects, including helping Splash Damage with Brink
>This is where we get into He-Said She-Said territory, some say Bethesda just lost interest, some say Bethesda wanted Arkane's plan to work since they had better brand power after Dishonored released to amazing acclaim, some say Rhinehart's an asshole who burnt bridges or that he was wasting budget as an ideas guy and was riding on Prey's fame, but there's no solid answer
>Bethesda cancels Prey 2 "officially," but the Arkane project is still going and it's mentioned to be more like System Shock in terms of high concept
>Two years later, lo and behold, PREY by Arkane Studios is announced

hey fuckhead, improper storage of any kind will accelerate this shit. heat, cold, moisture, electrical surge, anything can kill whatever you have storing data.
and no he didn't say it as a fact you can clearly tell he has no fucking idea what caused it and his guess was water damage, when that wouldnt affect it at all. you can keep that shit submerged in water for 10 years and the ONLY thing that would happen is rusting the contacts on the PCB and MAYBE if youre unlucky, contacts breaking

now shut the fuck up. if you dont use your shit regularly that doesnt use a nand storage solution, youre going to experience bit rot. even flash storage will experience this if you manage to go hundreds of years without electrical current going through it since its sole reliance on a small current or charge in its chips is the only thing stopping it from degrading on the spot

if this is true, fair enough

while the image looks interesting I can only imagine how bad looking that area will be
the lost forest in BotW did that mystery stuff perfectly

holy fuck thanks for showing this off

I like how DaS3 turned out but the alpha sounds interesting as well, there's a few videos of a guy trying to restore alpha content and some of them like needing to create your own bonfire and do a sacrifice ritual just to enable online seems a bit over the top

Attached: ds3 alpha.png (1876x1500, 1.03M)

>his guess was water damage, when that wouldnt affect it at all
neither should rot, I'm more inclined to believe it to be a bootleg cart, or that some unnatural internal damage was done physically to it somehow, as it otherwise just plain doesn't make sense.

why did you post a regular image of DS2?

rareware was a special case as theyre the only ones who wanted to do that. everyone else used normal flashable carts
gamecube NPDP carts were worse because theres a vile of mercury in them that will shatter if not handled right or opened safely, thus destroying the pcb/chips and anything on them. they also need
>an NPDP reader
>a bba and some method of dumping
>which can be pic related or the big box
>use a custom connector in the npdp cart itself
its cancer

Attached: npdp_b1.jpg (863x1424, 115K)

pic related for the connector

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 556K)

ive spoken to that guy and helped him out with a few souls related things. he'll help me out if i ask him to

Bump
Show me all the Sonic beta shit you got

>mfw posing as a technician and copying a rare arcade rom without the owner's permission

I really wanted to play the cut colossi from Shadow of the Colossus

Attached: cutColossi.jpg (669x676, 103K)

I will never be not mad.

>Show me all the Sonic beta shit you got
Pictures of the fanbase?

good shit. also some arcade machines are based off PS3 hardware and software, and also require a dongle for functionality so if you see any dongles, you need to dump those too

hey man if it works i dont see why not

why did they put mercury in their carts wtf

>theres a vile of mercury in them that will shatter if not handled right or opened safely, thus destroying the pcb/chips and anything on them
jesus fucking christ

>instead of a huge spider and a sandworm,we got 4 orc-like colossi
this is not only worse than the remake

mercury is poisonous to humans, can cause brain damage or kill on contact with skin
Hard to believe nintendo would sell a product that can kill you

it was there to stop anyone from tampering with the carts if the void if tampered sticker wasnt enough. it wasnt a big amount, just enough to fuck up the cart

>Hard to believe nintendo would sell a product that can kill you
They didn't, it was dev tech. I'm not sure why it was in the NPDP carts, but I know the first ever motion controller, Datasoft's Le Stick, used Mercury as a means for detecting position and rotation and angles and shit.

Attached: Dniqk3EUYAAYLnG.jpg (879x1200, 257K)

>hard to believe a corporation prioritizes any potential loss of profit or misuse of its property over human lives and safety
hmmmm

>everything canceled for saturn that got pushed to dreamcast or PlayStation
>everything canceled for dreamcast that got pushed to xbox or ps2
>everything canceled for n64dd that got pushed to gc or never made at all
>all the cut content for n64dd games that had to release on regular n64
>n64dd's release or lack thereof in amerika
>all atari jaguar stuff, and the planned follow up, and the 32 bit console they never made
>metal arms 2, tribes vengeance patch, statecraft ghost, shattered steel II, heavy gear 3, fallout van buren, Warcraft adventures: the clans, command and conquer renegade 2, terra nova strike force center multiplayer patch/expansion, end of nations (alpha), unreal tournament 2016 (201x? 20xx? Canceled for fortnite anyway), prey2, dnf 98-2001 version, original TF2 (more like TFC), etc etc etc...hawken single player...

its because its not great at conducting that it works
>be authorized to do work with special shit
>expectation and contract demand you to abide by the rules
>if you dont you get fucked hard
hue

Attached: file.png (460x127, 20K)

I have a dongle for a ps3 wireless guitar controller, it werks on pc.

there is actually special dongle protection on multiple press/internal ps2 prototypes. if you didnt have the dongle, you couldnt boot the game. if the dongle is there it checks out and boots
its not a thing anymore other than maybe arcade hardware but it was very much a big deal

they still sold it to devs
i wonder if laws were more lax back then or if you could still do this today

You can shit on Nintendo all you want but why would they want to kill the people buying their stuff

Why would any company do that actually

>no sotc2 with the 48 colossi

Attached: Alpha Spider.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>Doing EE degree
>start studying integrated circuits and low level systems
>tfw older console hardware actually starts to interest me
HELP IVE BEEN INFECTED WITH THE TISM

it wasnt to kill devs, its to kill those who broke the rules, be it devs or non devs

>game development disasters, stories
Dragon's Dogma was supposed to be like 4 times the size and content than it is now, but they had to rush it to compete with Skyrim

user ill help you out on this one
>every sony system ahs had some component from its predecessor brought over in a new revision with some changes
>the ps1 mechacon is in simple terms the same as the ps4's syscon
>if you trace revisions back you can literally show a family tree of it being derived from the ps1 mechacon
>the final ps3 revision and early ps4 revisions use the same syscon chip for example

if you want actual autism and want the most fun system to poke at, now is your time to ask me all your autism because i can tell you anything you want.
fuck the ps2 though. youre on your own if you care about it. theres like 3 autists i know that know every goddamn thing about it

scalebound

Attached: PS4 Pro NEO DevKit TestKit OFW 3.70, Pictures and Screenshots 5.jpg (1000x750, 138K)

Ironic that its still more fun than Skyrim.

>see? this plastic has been sitting in my house for 10 years and hasn't broken down yet. retards btfo

>>/reddit/

Rareware was the fucking best for intriguing beta content

Attached: perfec2.jpg (320x220, 12K)

Unused Sonic 2 music that came up three days ago:
twitter.com/KSlackie/status/1123730407344758784
Pretty sure you're just being obnoxious but Rare was originally going to have trophies in Melee

Attached: 1526983535633.png (2576x108, 51K)

>casually shows class unused sonic music
>unknowingly opening the floodgates to the endless sea of sonic autism and development enthusiasts

the QA-leaked version of Dark Souls III sounded pretty good
>could make bonfires
>retail Yhorm was the tutorial boss (hence why the opening CG shows him awaking in the same cemetery as you)
>Champ/Iudex Gundyr was fought in retail Oceiros' arena, was called Oceiros as well
>Irithyll could be accessed from Smouldering Lake
>Wolnir was met in retail Yhorm's arena, was leader of Mound Makers and was a mad undead king obsessed with gold
>catacombs were accessed through the pit the retail Curse-rotted Greatwood bootyslams you into
>etc.
There's more out there about it if you google. I'm sure some plebbitor or game journo has archived it too. Not a fan of how every Fromsoft game since DeS appears to have had the characters, plot points and bosses chopped up and rearranged about 7 months from launch. Really makes you feel that the writing leans very heavily on its vagueness to succeed rather than an abundance of interesting ideas from Miyazaki. I know it's intentional that the players fill in some of the lore themselves, but once you pull back the veil of cut content for Souls/BB you start to see how much the game worlds are propped up by players trying to craft coherent in-universe explanations for game elements that were originally intended to make sense in one place, but were moved for development reasons

Attached: 1553499570858.jpg (512x512, 59K)

>>everything canceled for saturn that got pushed to dreamcast or PlayStation

Most famous case being Shenmue for the Sega Saturn:

youtube.com/watch?v=foZUcPQAMvg&t=46s

>>everything canceled for dreamcast that got pushed to xbox or ps2

A lot of stuff got pushed to the Xbox. Though Super Monkey Ball started out as a Dreamcast game as well and was pushed to the GameCube.

There are a few cases where games were in development for the Dreamcast that just flat out got cancelled. There was a sequel to Ecco: Defender of the Future in development for the Dreamcast called Ecco II: Sentinels of the Universe that was completely cancelled:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLToimxrzYI

the 3D ecco games are unironically the most unnerving shit ive ever played

>Eiichiro Sasaki
>Director of RE6
Barf

Yea...

why is everyone on this fucking board terrified of wate

its not the water, its the unseen water. you ever go to the beach and its clear as shit and you can see the sand and whatever, then you go into a lake and you cant even see a foot deep?
its not a fear of water, its a fear of the unknown within it.

huh, that explains all the racists here too

user im not here to get philosophical or morally correct with you. im here to talk about game development tragedies like how EA bought Virgin and cancelled Thrill Kill right before it was on store shelves " A few weeks before shipping, the game's release was scrapped by Electronic Arts because they didn't want to "publish such a senselessly violent game", as they felt that it would harm their image"
to which a rightfully disgruntled developer released both a development AND final version online in an effort to tell EA to go fuck themselves

didn't thrill kill turn into that wu tang fighting game? considering how shit that game was, it wasn't much of a loss

The Half Life 2 beta. We could have gotten something real kino.

For me, what will always hurt me was the cancellation of Banjo X. TL;DR: Banjo-Kazooie remake but on Xbox so it's HD and the characters slowly became self aware as the game went on and would try their darndest to deviate from the original storyline or something to that effect. Iirc, Banjo X was set to use the angular artstyle Nuts n' Bolts went for but what I don't remember is why it got canned. We had info on new items, an early model for Mumbo, and some devs posted the Conga model online as well as a Mr. Termite model and a designer who worked on the game made his own take on Mumbo and TIptup. Basically real sad stuff, might've made me want to buy an original Xbox back in the day if it meant being able to play a game like that since Banjo meant a lot to me growing up and still does to this day. Here's hoping we see a new Banjo game or Yooka-Laylee gets a better sequel :)

Attached: BanjoXConga.png (358x268, 103K)

>ywn play the cartoonish GTA3 beta or any of the GTA betas with different maps, weapons, and vehicles

Attached: Gta3_interface.png (802x635, 942K)

I thought the hire-ups forced the devs to back down from their original core idea of making it a more character-focused story like SH2 and relating it back to SH1's success.

Still hurts

Attached: Fireemblem6beta01.jpg (687x457, 272K)

>If this autist was more skilled at games, we could have had unseen footage of Mario 64's beta

youtu.be/_k_i4wwEbjI?t=269

why they had to get cancelled!?

Attached: w.jpg (607x607, 79K)

>First a Macintosh RTS very like C&C with a bit more space opera
>Then an open world TPS with dynamic weather and nonlinear progression
Would have been very interesting at the time had it released.

Attached: y4kh6cr6quzQ38cbznk8ve-650-80.jpg (650x365, 42K)

7 was good though.
trying to be like 4 brought us 5 and 6 which are really good games actually but not what I want for future re games

I would love for Re 8 to also follow the old re formula which is basicly a kind of 3d metroidvania since you get a variety of key items that open previously locked locations

From what I remember 4,5,6 were a lot more linear

What's that game 2 screens to the left at 3:30?

>KOTOR III never ever

Attached: 1479081123240.jpg (2272x1704, 441K)

Rainbow Six Patriots. In retrospect, it probably would have been too moviegame, but now we're never going to get a singleplayer Rainbow Six ever again

i have no idea, maybe a Shadows of the empire beta or that cancelled Robotech game

that's SCSI isn't it?

mario's japanese scream of pain at 5:13 sounds terrifying

I love that story about Wing Command that the game had a memory error when you close it and they couldn't fix it, so instead they changed the error message to "Thanks for playing".

Apparently that was Mel Blanc
youtube.com/watch?v=SvDWe4Go6vs

Soul x100. Granted Ocarina of time was a masterpiece.
I'm still pissed about what twilight princess was going to be.
>darker zelda
>nighttime was going to be so dark you needed a lantern. It was also going to be dangerous.

so this is where melee got all its adventure mode content

About the only thing we're totally positive of is that recent games have a tendency to recycle ideas and designs.
Like how one of Magolor's designs was reused for President Haltmann or how the concept of a end-boss modeled after Zero was originally meant for Star Dream rather than Void Termina

Attached: HaltMagolor (Actual Size).jpg (2048x1536, 329K)

I would trade The Last Guardian for more colossi any day of the week.

>there will NEVER be a western FF
1000% sad, bros.

Attached: final-fantasy-project-w.png (1063x458, 242K)

Waste not a good design or idea.

>What's that game 2 screens to the left at 3:30?

It looks like a collection of b-roll footage for launch games. But the game in question is Buggy Boogie, which is another cancelled N64 game that never made it to launch.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=aXVKBznKRXU

Also, check out the original beta for Wave Race 64, which was originally going to be F-Zero on water:

youtube.com/watch?v=swlk2geoG94

True.

Attached: Star Dream + Mecha Zero Two.jpg (4096x3072, 625K)

I tend to believe most of the stuff in that post, Dark Souls 3 was full of peaks and valleys in terms of quality so I wouldnt be surprised to learnthe development was a shitshow. The Oceiros boss fight seemed so blatantly unfinished, I wonder why they bothered including at all.

>worm
Why, in the FUCK, was that not in the game?

yes but its still custom with special communication going on. its emulating a dvd drive with a disc image but its still not easy to deal with

apparently, he was too overpowered. and its funny, because they reference it in the retail game, but its nowhere to be found. he's fucking terrifying.

Attached: Dionin2.jpg (640x480, 64K)

tcrf.net/Mafia_II
60% of Mafia 2 was cut content

Attached: 1453602273949.gif (213x201, 429K)

I love the idea of a colossi that can pull your ass underground.

>giant worm that consumes and lives in the ground
>overpowered
>terrifying
user theres a reason why tremors did so well in theaters

this thread might be of interest to some of you assemblergames.com/threads/shadow-of-the-colossus-potential-debug.50436/

Do beta designs count?

(Early designs of the Guardians from BOTW)

Attached: 900x.jpg (900x829, 245K)

yes they do since lots of cool shit gets cut early on

they're still finding new stuff in SoTC?

i wouldnt say new. theres new developments in some regard for sure. the last post in that thread was april 19

How was he supposed to be fought/killed, is that known?

>run around an area
>theres some cliffs and rocks
>maybe a pointy rock where it lands on if you send it out a cliffside
thats my guess

There's this, maybe it was below his head?

Attached: Worm & cliffs.jpg (800x600, 44K)

looks like fun

>sonic adventure autists
>windy valley prototype
>find it in some scripted demo shown in shops
>it has no textures but all geometry is there
>have assloads of screenshots of the prototype
>they autistically recreate everything to the most accurate possible
>and get it working in game
sonic has some fucking amazing work done by these autists and i cannot ignore how good they are at this shit

Attached: file.png (570x476, 146K)

>2005

Thanks for reminding me of DNF
I remember finding the truck being raised to reveal a passage the coolest shit back then. A shame we never got that game.

one certain douchebag doesn't want the real DNF to be released, at least what was left of it.

In the cancelled gamecube Kirby game, there was going to be a butterfly knight character
The interesting thing about this is that the design actually ended up getting used in Star Allies as a character named Morpho Knight, and the designs are identical (aside from the sword)

Attached: 1526487779084.jpg (500x375, 159K)

youtu.be/w72kj20YNA0
Still can’t believe an RPG turned into a platformer

Attached: F93EE8AB-CEA0-4DF3-A9D0-7443E35B8B24.png (613x425, 492K)

Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy.
On an outside glance it doesn't seem awful since both get their praise.
But when you look into the early unfulfilled ambition and plans for Xenogears, and look at how Xenosaga was cut short and its second game derailed the original plan, you can't help but really want the original deal.

Xenogears was originally going to be some crazy trilogy spanning universes and timelines that still connected to eachother in some big epiphany but was cut short, and even had to have the second half of the game rushed because of deadlines.

Xenosaga was going to be a 6 game philosophical epic and initially, the first game sold really well; but the second game was so bad that it killed interest for the series and derailed the story into a completely different direction that no matter how good the third really was, the series had to end there because it underperformed in sales.

Fucking makes me mad.

On a semi-related note to game development, the early script of Xenogears was actually submitted to be the plot of Final Fantasy 7 but was denied for being too mature and complex.

Evolve is very interesting because all the cut content is documented. It shows how so many finished fantastic looking models and gameplay elements just get thrown away while making a game.

Attached: evolvegame4.jpg (690x467, 119K)

was it truly a big loss though

How exactly? Other than the different suit design and being able to walk on walls, looks like Fusion.

Thank fuck that never came to be. RE7 blows ass but fuck RE4 way more.

>a game where one side completely outclasses the other side
>yeah lets have characters that can control gods and good ol' beeyazalbub team up with medieval soldiers that have nothing to them except basic magic and turning into oversized animals.
>lets crossover 2 completely niche series together
>or we can capitalize on Persona popularity and actually make some money
SMTfags are the worst. Im glad they got btfo by this game and Atlus has been doing nothing but giving Persona the spotlight for years.

I'm still seething.

Attached: star_wars_1313.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 167K)

Obligatory fuck hoarders post

battlefront 3
first assault
what else was star wars that got shit on

And?

Project Ragtag sounded fun and different but it suffered from serious feature creep and it didn't jack off to the OT enough for the execs in charge.

Article on Project Ragtag:
kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152

KotOR 3
Rogue Squadron sequel/compendium/remake/Dark Squadron
Republic Commando sequel
Attack Squadrons (I even signed up for the beta and then it got shafted)

Attached: 1533477911348.png (556x712, 16K)

epic memay, which subreddit did you grab that one from?

>gamefreak leaked gen 1 and 2 beta pokemon

the one you need to go back to

>gamecube Kirby game
You know that’s meta knights original design from Kirby’s adventure on the Nes

Anything related to the original premise of A Hat in Time:

>game was originally story-focused before becoming a full fledged collecthaton
>original story was to repair time instead of going back home
>Subcon Forest was originally the second chapter instead of the third one. It was about the Snatcher, Vanessa and Moonjumper competing against each other to take the control of the forest.
>Sand and Sails (a desert chapter) was replaced with Alpine Skyline
>Hat Adult and a cut quest that was going to be related to her and Hat Kid.
>co-op partner was originally a boy named Timmy instead of Bow Kid
>a cut level that resembles the secret levels from Mario Sunshine, with a theme from Grant Kirkhope included
>New Game+ ended up being replaced by Death Wish

Attached: Wiki-background.jpg (2000x775, 286K)

Are we only talking games?
>it didn't jack off to the OT enough
Their demo reel had a raid on Jabba's palace, ffs. EA killed that game because they didn't want to have two single-player star wars games running at once, and I would bet on that. Best part is the way they've been handling Jedi: Fallen Order isn't giving me high hopes that it'll be good. EA probably killed Visceral for nothing.

That's what people initially assumed.
However, simply looking at the Kirby's Adventure artwork style alone is enough to tell that that's not the case, and by this point, Kumazaki confirmed in Nintendo Dream that the design came from Kirby GC

Attached: KA_MetaKnight.png (180x222, 37K)

Oh yeah, I forgot about this
>Trainwreck of Science was replaced by Battle of the Birds
>artstyle was originally meant to resemble Wind Waker

Attached: b256fd52f35e656d4aa8f975e442b266_original.jpg (620x479, 110K)

>There was a Timesplitters 2 for GBA
>"According to Norgate, the game was "finished, but never released."

Xenogears also was supposed to be 6 games and not just a trilogy. At the end credits it says Xenogears: Episode V.
On another note, I'm at the Song of Nephilim in Xenosaga Ep I and the enemies here in the second tower are stupidly hard, I literally can't survive a single encounter. The first tower had easy encounters, I feel like I'm either missing something or this is just a huge spike.

>good self explanatory reason
explain 4 a dum dum like me please

It's not dimethylmercury you cunt

>shenmue ported to Dreamcast
that was for the fucking best
Shenmue still looks gorgeous nowadays

Why do people ask for mother 64? The game was only half done

Attached: 1556969334360.jpg (307x462, 15K)

Squenix's handling of FORTRESS was fucking criminal, and I mean that in a non-hyperbolic way

probably would have turned out okay

youtube.com/watch?v=f-p8PmomiGw
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M
youtube.com/watch?v=D7atE-YmUWk
youtube.com/watch?v=Xos08tZ0aX0
there's still some hope, bros

Attached: file.png (600x360, 383K)

Browniebrown are the ones with the prototypes.

For No More Heroes 2, the script that was written mentions a explorable Santa Destroy. The warp portals (Akashic Points) for the forest, prison, and housing complex were meant to actually be figured out the location by the player by exploring Santa Destroy. Sylvia even mentions it telling you to "figure it out", along with the peepshow scenes. Instead you're just given those locations instantly on the selection map. The script also has alternate dialog. Here's the scripts, one being in Japanese with a rough translation, and the other is a finalized script.
mediafire.com/file/d6d9vy36hne679k/No More Heroes 2 scripts.rar

Attached: santa destroyed.png (1010x658, 39K)

>took almost 200 posts for this to show up
i will still never stop being mad

Why are these early beta images always so damn interesting to look at

This looks worse than Quest 64, a literally unfinished game released the same year as OoT.

Do you think Capcom still has the demo?

theyre like a new experience. you ever gotten out of bounds and wondered "whats out here" but theres nothing? well imagine if that nothing has something. thats what makes it so interesting.
related viewing because it captures the "out of bounds" part very well. youtu.be/uM24jOD2LvQ?t=54s
you have no idea whats out there, and there may still be something

they were going to have the demo at an event but due to an earthquake fucking everything up it was cancelled. there is a good chance some dev carts are still there

>or we can capitalize on Persona popularity and actually make some money
But they didn't capitalize the Persona fanbase neither make money.

It felt more like Idolmaster than Persona, gameplay is also very different.

Most definitely. It's only been 8 years as opposed to the 20+ year games in this thread.

The only problem is that it was for the 3DS, a now dead console. So, they'd probably have to restart it from scratch if we ever want to see a new legends game.

Attached: tumblr_n2wnryrus81sh77t5o1_250.gif (130x253, 334K)

>3ds is dead
>capcom hasnt gone under
once the second one happens youll get someone who has the carts. whether they give it up is the next battle

Nigga, cartridges, discs, USBs, they're all made of physical media. Silicon, gold, plastic, etc. Its not eternal, steel will oxidate, alloys will decay and the information stored on them will be lost forever.

there is very little biodegradable material in a n64 cart

It still degrades, nigga. You have to clean up cartridges because they struggle working due to accumulated dust within fucking few years of of the games release back in the early 00's. Let alone 30 years down the line. And that's not even accounting any form of human accident that will come down the line.

As long as its information is not stored in a server, it's not safe at all. As far as you know, the cartridges that held the original N64 build of Mother 3 all got washed away in a flood or got crushed on an earthquake.

>hurr durr dust and accidents are the same as rot and natural biodegrading

I guess this is relevant now that UA3 is a thing.

Attached: Dt1wJ0SWwAEwVuE.jpg (952x321, 54K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cancelled_video_games
go to this page, bring something back

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maverick_Hunter
>Despite positive internal reception, Capcom deemed it a "significant gamble" and cancelled it.
>Retro Studios backing this shit
>youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo

Attached: file.png (1117x605, 540K)

Holy shit how did I never know about this

I can't hate that suit design.

Don't worry, it took me forever to find out too man. I found the Conga image, saw this thread and thought I could spread some knowledge and now you know what could have been :)

It's definitely kinda crap, but there's groundwork for an interesting Vanquish-esque version of Mega Man X in that demo by having him zoom around, beating the shit out of robots. That Megabuster is shit though.

Silent Hills

maybe it's better that the franchise is dead now? But I still need something to replace it. I can't rely on Resident Evil remakes forever.

Attached: pt.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

It was supposed to be an n64DD game user. So its on, even worse than a fucking CD, a goddamn floppy. Either that or god forbid even fucking worse, a 20+ year old hard drive, from japan.

>After the release of Diddy Kong Racing, Rare began development on a sequel named Donkey Kong Racing for the GameCube, which featured Donkey Kong as the titular character. A pre-rendered CGI video of the game was shown at E3 2001, which displayed a parody of a scene from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.[27] According to Lee Musgrave, the game featured a unique mechanic which involved riding on animals rather than driving vehicles, in which the player could switch between different types of animals mid-race; larger animals could destroy obstacles whereas smaller ones allowed more maneuverability.[27] Development of Donkey Kong Racing was cancelled when Nintendo turned down the opportunity to purchase its remaining 51 percent stake in Rare,[27] and was eventually bought out by Microsoft for £375 million in 2002.[28]
>After the cancellation of Donkey Kong Racing, Rare created a prototype for the GameCube which expanded into an adventure game similar to the original setup of Diddy Kong Racing.[28] Musgrave stated that the concept was "built from scratch" and featured a limited multiplayer version at one point.[27] The unnamed concept was in development over 18 months and evolved from being an animal-orientated racing game to an open world game with Tamagotchi-style features, in which nurturing animals was a "key mechanic".[27] During this time, the original concept for Donkey Kong Racing was reworked into Sabreman Stampede, which was eventually cancelled.[27][28]
>Aside from Donkey Kong Racing, another sequel to Diddy Kong Racing named Diddy Kong Pilot was planned for release on the Game Boy Advance. Originally announced alongside Donkey Kong Racing at E3 2001, the game eventually became Banjo-Pilot after Microsoft's acquisition of Rare.[29] At the time of its announcement, the game featured the ability to play using a tilt function as well as a D-pad, and contained at least five available tracks.[30]
One day anons, one day.

So glad this trash never got made.

Redwood Falls, a cancelled PS3 survival horror game based off of The Thing. There's even a video of it: youtube.com/watch?v=G-eB-oCWsq4

Attached: Redwood-falls-cancelled-05.jpg (800x450, 51K)

>We live in the timeline where Rare got bought out by Microsoft and never got to reach their full potential
I try not to think of what could have been, but Rare could've went on to make some more good games.

I ..... I want that

what is this

The Gamecube version of Ultimate Alliance was going to have Link and Samus as cameo characters. Nintendo was all for it.
And then the devs decided to show off gameplay of the characters to Nintendo using the Playstation version of the game, since that was apparently the master version of the game before being ported to other systems.

Needless to say, that pissed off Nintendo and they immediately pulled out.

>"Darkstalkers are not dead"
>nowadays it is a dead franchise
it hurts

Bet they regretted sperging out once the MCU became a thing.

Still mad.

Attached: 1437332327804.png (500x750, 381K)

Literally any IP from the 90's that was raped and taken by EA

>because they reference it in the retail game
How so?

Blame Bleach

I weep for thee, SimCity

It still hurts.

Attached: paragon-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-05dec15.png (1600x900, 153K)

I would have liked to see Croteam's Doom.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1357x3061, 2.83M)

Attached: Dirge description.jpg (800x600, 74K)

oh shit, my bad this is from the demo, completely forgot.

What could have been

Attached: ddconcept.jpg (960x2797, 1.24M)

which version?

Attached: Untitled.png (7810x4608, 1.39M)

Didn't it take like years of development and they needed to sell millions of copies to profit? can't blame to shit it out faster but here's hoping itsuno has full control because of DMC 5's success

I still can't believe Spurdo and Tentaquil were almost real Pokemon. Also, the plesiosaur, sea slug looking thing before Quilfish, and shark were cool, I wish we got them.

Attached: Untitled.png (1144x570, 107K)

this is the one i'm mad about

Post the "it's a tentaquil" collage.

so basically SS3 was a better Doom than Doom 3. Fucking knew it

Retard

not an argument

bumpo

same

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4

youtube.com/watch?v=VKvjKcDSswA

youtube.com/watch?v=qSNgXKCwLwo

I just wanna play what dinosaur planet was gonna be like before they turned it into a star fox game, is that too much to ask.

Persona 5 had an edgy phase and it would have been 10x better than what we got

Attached: 00048.jpg (1349x1920, 746K)

SO MAD

The most interesting game development disaster of recent memory I can think of is LittlBigPlanet 3. It's amazing how much was removed/rebooted/replaced. It was done by Sumo Digital rather than Media Molecule (as they were working on Dreams at the time)
For starters at one point, it probably wasn't even known as LittleBigPlanet 3, more likely it started out as the previously announced free to play game "LittleBigPlanet HUB" for PS3.
(trailer seen here youtu.be/IpcfzR1xdMg)
Nothing ever came of this version of the project, but it seems that a lot of the ideas/assets were used in LittleBigPlanet 3. Pic related is a (low quality) screen seen in LBP3 using very renders reminiscent of the HUB trailer.

Fast forward to after LittleBigPlanet 3 was officially announced for both PS3 and PS4 we get this trailer which features many early concepts for not only things that are in the current game but ALSO a lot of unused things as well. This trailer actually PRE-DATES the official trailer and was used internally to show off ideas they had for the game. (This is also why we don't see the newer characters in this trailer)
(trailer seen here youtube.com/watch?v=ggeLI0NMlfI)

Upon release LittleBigPlanet 3 wasn't necessarily a BAD game, it was just a buggy mess of a game. The game COULD have been salvaged via patches, but as any fan of the series might tell you, this didn't really happen and the game has been without an update for quite a long time now.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 68K)

The game simply felt unfinished. The story was insanely short compared to the size of LBP1/LBP2's stories, and the amount of new assets that could be used for creation were kinda low. Long after support of LBP3 seemed to have ended, people started uncovering old unused assets and early levels. To give you an idea of how much shit was redone/cut i'll leave you with these playlists of beta builds of the game. Keep in mind that this doesn't even scratch the service of removed content.
(youtube.com/watch?v=iCHaJ0bLGhs&list=PL9H1ai1PRZ3NZ9GsA0UgOw5j-i0OoQLV4&index=2)
(youtube.com/watch?v=lSAHblrOAq0&list=PL9H1ai1PRZ3MRInH15RrHVNNy9NeIbRG3)
(also here TCRF article for some extra shit tcrf.net/LittleBigPlanet_3_(PlayStation_3) )

This unfortunately doesn't even scratch the surface of the removed shit from this fucking game. Who knows what else is out there that we don't even know about.

these were supposed to be connected to each other but I fucked it up

It was crazy seeing all of this unfold back in May when it was originally dumped.

>"publish such a senselessly violent game", as they felt that it would harm their image"
The irony, especially when they released shit like Dante's Inferno and Dead Space a decade and a half later. Hell as it stands now no other company has a rep as bad as EA.

fuckk dude

Attached: 3.png (1345x753, 826K)

Still annoyed Blizzard never officially released this. I remember first hearing about it like 10 years ago and finding it really fascinating.

When it finally leaked it brought back memories of the Humongous Entertainment games.

Attached: 220px-Warcraft-adventures-boxart.jpg (220x284, 28K)

>TL;DR: Banjo-Kazooie remake but on Xbox so it's HD and the characters slowly became self aware as the game went on and would try their darndest to deviate from the original storyline or something to that effect.
that sounds perfect

Attached: 1998.jpg (3264x3264, 1.91M)

no way it would be edgier than 3

Recently I heard about this game called Rodea the Sky Soldier, developed by Prope. A game studio leaded by Yuki Naka and a buch of other former Sonic Team members.
>Although development was completed in 2011, Rodea the Sky Soldier went unreleased for four years until finally seeing a release in Japan in April 2015, and then a subsequent worldwide release in November 2015.
Basically, this studio makes a pretty good Wii game, needs a publisher, the publisher delays the release for FOUR YEARS with the excuse of porting the game for 3DS and eventually Wii U, The Wii U and 3DS versions suck ass, everyone hates it and the game fails because these versions are not made by the same studio. At the end the unpolished Wii version is released as a free disc on the Wii U version. And that's how you kill what could have been a fun game.

Attached: 1427447700_447700_000002_album_normal.jpg (1200x675, 81K)

>but what I don't remember is why it got canned.

The Rare staff have mentioned that after Nuts & Bolts they were told/forced to focus on the Kinect Sports line. I would assume that's why Banjo X was canned.

Are you sure

Attached: 00464.jpg (1349x1920, 330K)

To be fair, all Superman games are really bad, the best one is mediocre at best. But I don't get why we could not get a Daredevil game it's basically Batman with a acoustic sensor. And a Flash game has a lot of potential.

I played the Wii U version. The game had a lot of charm to it, but it wasn't a great game. I really liked how the girl would keep talking to you while you were doing shit. It was really cute. All in all, I had a lot of fun with it. You could tell the devs liked making it.

yeah, that's what I figured too. I just use something to that effect as my go too guess but as far as official concrete "this is why Banjo X got cancelled" we got nothing as far as I know but that's definitely the most probable reason :(

Wait this was a real thing, I thought it was a mock up that a fan made now I'm even more mad than I was right now.

I know right :(
sadly it just wasn't meant to be but maybe in the future we can see something similar in Yooka, see this idea realized in its original intent, or see some brave soul good enough to find a way to make this a reality as a mod or fangame or something like that

Remake was a chance to add them, they don't

still very mad at the cancellation of pic related

>youtube.com/watch?v=c3u3oFjjiFo

Attached: NextGen_Teaser_06_-_Red_Eyes.JPG.jpg (960x540, 71K)

Blame Kojimbo for that.

Nintendo can honestly go fuck themselves fo putting so much shit into the DD just for it to fail.

Attached: 280px-Kirby64_Early_icon.jpg (280x175, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

Attached: 1522685387526.png (720x526, 252K)

Pixilmon mod for minecraft got canned because Nintendo. Despite making a point of constantly remaining one gen behind the current so as to ensure it cannot be used as a substitute for the content of the latest game. Shit was fantastic. I was halfway though building my own GB/GBA-era styled region.

You do know it was brought back almost immediately at Pixelmon Reforged? It's all caught up to gen 7 and just added Ultra Wormholes

If it makes you feel better they pretty much just straight up ripped the Wrom design for Morpheel in twilight Princess.

Also that monkey bothers the shit out of me.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM

Attached: d5ykg5w-6c82f858-ed59-4d23-aa50-0f5d19ba6879.jpg (700x500, 25K)

The worst part is others had tried to pitch games related to DKR but Nintendo is convinced that Mayro Kart is all they need.

>But Conker

ns wanted a 2 year development to work on this, but it got shot down by activision

Attached: Tony_Hawk's_Underground_PlayStation2_box_art_cover.jpg (256x326, 24K)

I always assumed there had to be some sort of science themed chapter cut out of the Conductor levels. The final level of the game has science owls throwing beakers at you which weren't present on the train chapters.

Totally not on topic, but I never played KotOR. Should I use five "lied to Google on a survey" bucks to get it on my phone? Even if I don't have a controller?

To see how different it was, where it stayed the same, and how it played on N64. Almost every shot of the N64 game matches to a scene in the GBA game, but with wildly different designs and slightly altered setups. It's like seeing a version of Mother 3 from a slightly altered parallel universe.

Where can you even find a high res version of the persona 5 artbook?

The Bloodborne cut content found in the past year definitely makes me feel like that.

>Lady Maria was supposed to have NPC dialogue and the reason she's dead when you find her in the final game is because the game is toggled to have already activated the event where Simon kills her
>Vileblood Queen had totally different dialogue and the same accent/voice as Maria/Doll

That said, I think Miyazaki's ideas are genuinely cool and creative but even he has expressed frustration with his story becoming obscured or hard to understand due to developers.

Attached: __lady_maria_of_the_astral_clocktower_the_old_hunters_and_etc_drawn_by_osu5i__aa22e9a336d09280624f9e (1000x1251, 137K)

i know its a big meme now but hot DAMN did pt show some serious fucking potential for an upcoming, fullfledged game, I will never not be mad

Was always sad Pirate Battle (GBA) was canceled.

moogle.net/?page_id=174

>I think we planned on asking virt to do the soundtrack

What could have been.

Attached: piratebattlebeta02.jpg (400x300, 30K)

I got it off /pg/ like two years ago but I'm sure you can find it somewhere pretty easily, try to find the japanese artbook since the english one is missing like a ton of pages

Attached: 00466.jpg (1349x1920, 522K)

All of Iga's 3D games were shit.

Still butthurt about the 64dd, you don't know how much they hyped that shit back in the day. Other thing was the new zelda for the GC which turned out to be wind waker after they showd pic related.

Attached: images.jpg (640x455, 30K)

Still fantastic

You still here user?

>tfw someone at Rare has prototype and beta build roms of Project Dream (SNES), Project Dream (N64) and Banjo Kazooie RIGHT NOW and we'll likely never get them

I was actually wondering this too.

>Somebody found the beta music for Temple from Smash Bros Melee
>It was readily available on the official Japanese Melee site but nobody realized for so many years

youtube.com/watch?v=6k92QflvdFM

After playing on Xbox and PC, I got the Android version too. It's alright and the exact same game. The turn-based combat really allows for seamless touchscreen gameplay.

>Guy has the Pokemon Red and Green prototypes
>Leaked some info to a famous Pokemon website (and it was confirmed real)
>Leaker sent them old map designs, data, logos and other things (including the original protagonist design)
>Refused to send over the beta designs (which included the cut Raicu evolution) because he wants his prototype to be valuable

Why are these people so greedy? If I had that in my possession, I'd leak it in an instant.

Halo had a shitload of interesting concepts. Still wish they kept all the fauna.

The ending was "leaked" from this game btw. Well a description at least.

I'M STILL MAD I'M STILL MAD I'M STILL MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BROS

Attached: article_post_width_ss__2015-09-10_at_07.33.00_.png (618x378, 48K)

Nearly all kickstarters

Apparently, programming their AI was the biggest challenge. Happened with Reach too. Too many NPCs with individual behavior patterns hogged up the CPU.

anyone else's mom used to slap your ass growing up

Not only that, a lot of development carts/discs from the N64/DD can be completely wiped if incorrectly dealt with. IIRC, even just putting it in a system sometimes can wipe all data.

You can at least salvage the ROM data in some cases before that happens if you know what you're doing.

That logo is fucking embarassing, no wonder they changed it. Ceiling and wall walking would've been fucking slick.

wasn't it very close to completion?

>tfw we could've gotten all of the DNF prototypes released for free but Randy Prickford is completely blocking the original devs from doing so
Hate this timeline.

oh god it still hurts

The only known beta footage of Sonic 1 is literately in Wayne's World in the background.

Attached: get fucked.jpg (800x500, 233K)

Toejam and Earl 3 got moved to Xbox I believe.

>buy fairly regarded game studio
>make them develop shitty sports games
every time i see microdick or any other big studio buy up a smaller one i always think back to how fucked over rare got and i feel sick knowing that smaller studio might as well have just shut down then and there, EA definitely reinforced this too
like i don't see psyonix ever making a new game, they'd be lucky to get stuck making fucking fornite skins at this point

Are you sure the la la laing isnt getting to you.

Fuck jesus I can still hear it

SS3 was also supposed to have an instant-time travel feature where you could jump between past and present at will like in Dishonored 2 that was cut very early in development and the item used for it, the Sirian Bracelet/Mutilator, was repurosed into a weapon.

Attached: sam3bfe.jpg (2786x926, 512K)

SoTC inspires the feelings of dread, curiosity, and wonder I love more than any other game and seeing cut content just makes me really sad because it appeals to me so much, not even cut content from Cave Story, my favorite game fascinates and saddens me anywhere near as much. The remake not adding any of the cut content is so dissapointing. The Spider and Worm bosses especially appeal to what kind of giant things terrify me so they hurt that much more. Would've loved them.

What was this shit?

Attached: Zelda-HD-Wii-U.jpg (2417x1361, 688K)

A video demonstrating the Wii U's HD capabilities. A moving bullshot. Not a beta for a game.

I always thought it was pretty shitty. If they're interested in monetary value then why not just sell the thing?
If they're not just leak it. The original still has all it's value.

Original premise for Hat in Time had a lot of cool stuff, I remember playing the game after not following it's development past brutalmoose's video on it and being surprised at the removal of the old umbrella guy, the lighting changes, and the addition of voice acting(even though the mumble speak was still in the game, wish i didnt have to lose a badge slot for it though). Subcon in particular fascinates me because of Queen Vanessa's mansion and the Moonjumper, I wish they'd release more on previous versions of the game.
Pic related is a scrapped NPC from tcrf. Cute little guy.

Attached: A-Hat-in-Time-Rough-Patch.png (482x540, 61K)

5 years of complete silence from the devs, had playable demos after it's debut but the last thing heard from the devs was in 2014 where they said the scope had changed and was getting a complete revision
With the silence there's a chance it might've been canned at this point but if not it's a completely different game and more than likely getting DNF'd
I just really liked its original concepts and sad we'll never get it despite it being playable and almost finished before it got sent to dev hell

Attached: deepdown03_1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 394K)

learned a lot of interesting shit i had no idea about in this thread, thanks anons

Attached: p2.jpg (578x366, 207K)

It was very, very real.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_skngJlTDg
They came as absolutely close to announcing a Darkstalkers revival without technically doing so as they could, and at Comic Con, where of course there were going to be cameras and tons of people. So they can't sweep this under the rug, as much as they would like to.

Attached: Darkstalkers-are-not-dead-525x273.jpg (525x273, 19K)

On the subject of Cave Story, I really wish pixel would release the beta, even if it is buggy as all hell like he says, seeing the stuff tossed out during the 5 year development process of my favorite game of all time would be great.

Attached: B5YSvYICMAMJMZm.png (512x128, 4K)

If only I had a PS3 devkit.

Attached: potc_atod.png (581x53, 5K)

So essentially that Spaceworld Zelda video that everyone swore up and down was meant to be the original Wind Waker?

youtube.com/watch?v=L5mjqeuxlig
Weird how different this looks compared to the finished thing.

Essentially.

I'm gonna throw Mario 128 into the mix, even if it was essentially just a tech demo that became parts of other games, solely for the original Super Mario 64-2 pitch that evolved into tech demos.

>We're in the middle of preparing Mario 64-2 for release on the 64DD. I'd like to take advantage of the 64DD's ability to store information. As of now, Luigi's also a full part of the game, but we haven't started thinking about 2-player gameplay with Mario and Luigi yet. We'll tackle that once we've got the system ironed out—we've figured out the processing power issues, so we could do it if we tried.
>In November 1999, Shigeru Miyamoto said, "Well, for over a year now at my desk, a prototype program of Mario and Luigi has been running on my monitor. We've been thinking about the game, and it may be something that could work on a completely new game system."[6][page needed] The game had only a demo of one level made for it. Miyamoto claimed that multiplayer functionality was the first aspect of the game that he wanted to include.
>Nintendo Power: How about the sequel to Super Mario 64?
>Miyamoto: We've been thinking about the game, and it may be something that could work on a completely new system.
>Nintendo Power: Are you planning on making a two-player game with simultaneous, cooperative play?
>Miyamoto: We've actually been considering a four-player game with simultaneous play, but each screen would need to be very small, and we would have to implement new camera work. But it's these sort of problems that I like to tackle.

Attached: 270px-SuperMario128.png (270x202, 107K)

The Remake really, REALLY should have included at least 2 of these to make a comfortable 18 bosses

I would pick Spider & Phoenix, the Worm looks hard to program so i would have given Bluepoint some wiggle room on that

Sonic Adventure 2 was originally going to have branching story paths but ST couldn't pull it off
The example given in magazines was a scenario where Sonic was on a sinking submarine, and the player could either try to get the sub to safety or escape to the shoreline
They eventually added branching paths in Shadow the Hedgehog

Attached: 1530924549864.gif (191x204, 569K)

Lolwut? You shouldn't mess with it sure but handling it a little for a short time won't fucking poison you. People used to crack open thermometers and play with the mercury inside. Just don't be a retard and eat it.

Yeah they ran out of time. Considering NMH1&2 are probably rereleasing on Switch, I'm wondering if 2 will receive tweaks.

as someone who got to play the alpha as part of the kickstarter backer rewards I much prefer the final product compared to the original intention
>hat kid would've aged at some point during the game, possibly based on Wind Waker's cut aging mechanic
>older hat kid also spoke full sentences and it was heavily implied the events of the game were a dream of sorts (still is to an extent in the final)
>heavier emphasis on time travel, there was an old guy who controlled all of time named Tim IIRC
>Vanessa, Moonjumper, and Snatcher were fighting for control over the forest, Moonjumper was originally the prince before his character was merged with Snatcher's
>Vanessa's manor had an extra third floor that involved escaping a shadow double of hat kid
>the moon would've been a focal point of the story rather than only going there during DJ Grooves' levels
there's probably more but I can barely remember what else was in the alpha aside from a meter that required charging to do special moves

Today, I will remind them

Attached: concept_mina01.jpg (715x482, 83K)

> (You)
>Toejam and Earl 3 got moved to Xbox I believe.

I forgot to mention that in my post. But yes, it did.

>rareware was a special case as theyre the only ones who wanted to do that. everyone else used normal flashable carts
I would bet actual money that was a Stamper Bros thing and not a Rare grunt employee thing. You know, I think a lot of folks don't realise that the Stampers were kinda dicks. They sheltered the teams from outside meddling, but they also didn't want individual team members or individual teams being known as the "minds" behind certain games. The GoldenEye interviews were literally the first time anyone had spoken to Rare or been inside the compound. The Stampers refused to allow developers to put themselves in the game. Dr Doak was supposed to be removed, for example.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 was completely rewritten fairly late in production because the CEO had a fight with the gay black military consultant Paul Robinson (Full Spectrum Warrior) who was in charge of the story and general military stuff. The reason SGW3 has a pants on head retarded story with the worst central twist in FPS history is because they fired the talented people and replaced them with yes-men. Then they fired most of the devs in 2018. CI Games are notorious for their awful executive meddling.

I'm really pleased that design ended up getting used, it was one of SA's best surprises.

Attached: 2018031815561900-B20FAEC679A3A9320864DC374CFB9713.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

That's amazing

I always wondered if the master for the full trailer exists, since the IGN trailer cuts off near the end.

Never say never. Some collector is probably sitting on it and would rather destroy his shit than share, we just have to hope the greedy shits who own shit like this, or the Spaceworld Pokemon Gold and Silver demo, die and that someone who knows what they are doing gets to the goods and disseminates them before they are lost forever

I always liked Samus's suit better as a slouchy clutter with Samus lugging around that suit of armor running/walking awkwardly like in Super Metroid

That isn't really going to happen on solid state storage (which is what a n64 cart is, for example), which is why it's such a superior method of archiving data to discs. Please educate yourself on things rather than spread ignorance.

Collectors are fucking assholes. They own shit like Film prints and just let it rot for no fucking reason, I don't see what's the sin behind just letting people acquire it and preserve it digitally, you'll still own the original, and people will experience history.

I say this because I dealt with these people for film restorations, and then you have one of the special features of the 1963 Cleopatra film saying that there is no extended cut anywhere, their only lead being a collector claiming he owns the uncut b/w 5 hour 10 minute long Workprint, of which not even 20th Century Fox could get.

I should say before someone autisticall screeches at me, the overall construction of the cart can fail, but the data will more or less last forever. Even if the metal corrodes or whatever, worst case scenario connections will simply have to be remade, which isn't that hard. People do it all the time, just look up some videos of people doing it on youtube. As long as the portion that actually stores data isn't physically damaged by lots of heat or water or whatever, the data shouldn't really ever "rot".

I remember reading on earthboundcentral of the guy that played EB64 while helping out development on Mother 3, him claiming he only played for 40 minutes or so, I need to find this interview again.

D3T were working on remasters of Shenmue/Shenmue II which had overhauled graphics. Becuase SEGA don't actually give a shit about Shenmue, they scrapped the project and forced D3T to release a vanilla remaster on an extremely tight schedule.

The official explanation is that:

"SEGA and D3T indeed had started exploring the feasibility of a full HD remaster for Shenmue I & II. That being said, we soon realised that this was a project with its own set of challenges. Working with original animations and characters but meshing them with enhanced HD visuals gave us a game that we felt would not meet the standards that Shenmue fans expect and deserve. Rather than going ahead with a release that may disappoint fans, we chose to focus on bringing the classic game to PC and modern consoles, so that new players could experience Shenmue's original charm."

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-segas-cancelled-shenmue-remake

In all seriousness, poor D3T really got the short end of the stick. It was a shitty contract, Shenmue is a shitty series, and the games are spaghetti code nonsense. They did end up patching the remasters into a fairly solid state, fortunately.

This will never not make me sad
>1996
>''Don't worry if our launch games are somewhat rough, here's a shitton of stuff we have planned for the 64DD!''
>''Zelda, Kirby, EarthBound, F-Zero, Metroid, Whatever, Everyone is coming to the 64DD!''
>''o-oh, we needed to release some games on cartridges, but that's ok, they'll ALL get expansions for the 64DD!''
And then the 64DD died and none of that stuff came out.

Attached: 1523815754680.jpg (598x529, 34K)

That's no Super Mario Sunshine burn scream but still interesting

Part of the problem is that so much dev time was spent ripping apart MT Frameworks to accommodate open world, since it was designed for discrete, load screen separated areas

kotaku.com/how-lucasarts-fell-apart-1401731043
yea I know Kotaku get an archive but they covered it,
basically:
1) Star Wars 1313 cancelled, in spite of the fact that Lucas decided the game's protagonist would be Boba Fett in spite of being way late in development and this being a cause for a major overhaul of the game
2) Darth Maul game
3) Star Wars: first assault, they were supposed to announce a beta at E3.
So they got these 3 games well into development, 1 right into beta, 1 riding on E3 hype, Lucas knew about them and let Disney dismember them.
Of course Micheline Chau, Lucasfilm president up to 2012 takes a lot of blame too, acting as a gatekeeper between devs and Lucas.
Also see image.

Attached: LucasArts stands for you work for Lucas.jpg (660x614, 113K)

>F-Zero on water with transforming boats
>instead we got jetskis

FUCK

>THESE were potential Guardians

Goddamn, how dark did they want to make Zelda?

I'm surprised that for all the shit that got cut out of Sonic 06 no one found anything related to the cut hub worlds or unused graphical effects

>Rogue Squadron compendium and sequel

NEVER
EVER

Attached: Mad 200percent.jpg (500x738, 234K)

Elveon.
Spiritual successor to Blade of Darkness combat-wise.
Plot wise: elven shenanigans during the early day of their race, basically Silmarillion but without loicense.
Development started in 2003, by late 00s it was clear it's in dev hell. I lost all hope, then in 2015 a group of former devs aquired rights and started it anew. Then I lost an additional bit of hope I didn't even know I still had because it got cancelled. Or was it?

Attached: elveon-game-cancelled-16.jpg (1280x719, 329K)

At best it's just going to get some of its assets repurposed for Dragon's Dogma 2

I don't get how Fox couldn't use the law to compel him to hand over the copy, I mean, it's their property, it's their copyrighted work.

If these are real BOTW designs I dont buy for a second they were ever actually considered. I've never even seen a horror game with monster designs that would be so legitimately terror inducing.

Project Awakened, the make your hero game, alas it sounded very ambitious right from the start.

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_126109020_preview.jpg (1280x720, 571K)

Honestly looks pretty neat, and with the guys behind Metroid Prime it couldn't have turned out terribad. The glory kill shit probably would've been a real pacekiller though.

Attached: maverick hunter.jpg (1194x770, 299K)

Maybe we would have not had SrgMark crying like he invented them.

Was looking up stuff on TCRF earlier, and found some neat Spyro trivia.

Machinists
Purpose: These dragons have created the machinery and energy sources that keep the industrialised parts of the world running.

Description: Short and blocky and silvery. They like to wear machinery attachments to enhance their functionality (jeweller’s glasses, hydraulic gloves, metal backpacks etc…)

Environment: There is very little natural architecture since the levels are dominated by machinery. The few plants that grow have an angular appearance, mimicking the machinery.

Architecture: Blocky, heavy Jules Vernish structures made of riveted steel, wood and stone. Gears, smokestacks, vents, bulbous tanks, steam pipes, support struts, turbines. Despite the abundant machinery, the environment is very clean; metal gleams, wood is polished, stone is marbled and flawless.

Aquifiers
Purpose: This family has the responsibility of controlling the many waterways of the world and protecting travelers from the beasts inhabiting the depths. Fountains placed at strategic places around the world regulate the water supply and purity.

Description: Since they inhabit watery regions, they are more serpent-like than any of the other families. Long, slender, ocean green, with lots of frills (such as feathery gills, flowing crests etc).

Environment: Dominated by water – open seas and raging rivers on chasms. Large crystals are abundant on the island. Trees and other plants have crystals hanging from them like fruit. Plants and rocks have a faceted, spherical theme.

Architecture: Structures are crystal domes and arches. Most structures have a spherical/circular theme.

Attached: A046.jpg (388x500, 34K)

>The "moveset" section references a Fireball power-up, which would only make its debut in the game's sequel. It may imply that it was originally planned to be in the first game.

>Gnasty's World is referred to as "Machinists", its earlier name. Unused text in the Tabloid demo still labels this world as Machinists.

>Listed among the ways to discover hidden areas are "flaming a rock" and "running around a tree". While no areas in the final game can be unlocked by doing those things, this concept may have inspired the concept of the hidden Skill Points present in the game's two sequels.

>Mark Cerny, then President of Universal Interactive, mentioned some unused ideas for the game in an interview from the 48th issue of Next Generation magazine. According to him, most of the ideas for the game ended up on the cutting room floor, namely missions (which would later appear in Spyro 2 and 3), the use of items, and long-distance shooting (which reappeared in a way in Spyro 2 in the form of the spitting mechanic, as well as actual shooting in the third game's Agent 9 sections).

>One of the developers, Craig Stitt, also confirmed that it was at first planned for Spyro to be able to swim. This feature ended up being removed due to a lack of time. According to Stitt, no swimming-based levels were planned but small secret underwater areas were supposed to be found in some levels.

Attached: c4.jpg (567x500, 56K)

>"We're kinda pushing a collector based mission to go with the Pokemon collection that inspires players to collect a bunch of [dragon eggs]. There's a guidance page you can go to and in that you can look at the different families of baby dragons, each of them with their own personalities. This also keeps it a little bit clearer and allows one
collection to be your focus."

>"I vaguely recall that feature, but unfortunately cannot recall specifics. The page was supposed to be a way to track all the baby dragons that you collected with a few details like name, breed, and their favorite color."

Attached: 5 - Sorceress.jpg (2633x2296, 377K)

Wrath of the Lich King was going to be rolled out in Chapters instead of just patch numbers & have something of a story focus, with some of the chapters featuring cut content, an Azjol'Nerub Zone & Raid most importantly, an Utgarde, Gunrak & Nexus raid were also planned, Crystalsong forest was suppose to be a more fleshed out zone & the Trail of the Crusader tournament was meant to be placed here, there was also a questchain planned for the Naga planning to sink Northrend, which would have lead into Queen Azshara's appearance into Cataclysm, but Cataclysm's story was heavily simplified in pre production & it was cut, the item for this questchain is still in the game however

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

They actually have a copy of if around, but I doubt they'll ever release it

>Taloraan

I fucking love it when they reference relatively obscure locations instead of going with the "LOOK LOOK THIS IS FROM THE MOVIES" approach.

N64 games have a hard time emulating to this day

My 8th grade science teacher's brother showed my class concept art he did on for this on career day

Attached: 1553557554077.jpg (1278x717, 413K)

Rogue Squadron 4 was FINISHED but never released. Fucking hell.

Though both planets shown in Republic Commando are from the movies I like how they forgo the usual federation/sith shit in favor of some race war between the Wookies and the Trandoshans. I can't remember if the slaver thing was from this game or already existed beforehand but I still like that they did it.

Basically completed. I played through it, it's a fun game. It is probably available all over the internet.

Really not true anymore, Gliden64 is great

IIRC, the stuff about Wookies being slave traded was taken from some of the EU novels from the 80s/90s

Ok NOW that's interesting.

Surprised nobody has mentioned HAMMER yet.

Yeah, it's definitely not black and white. And having stuff like Mimban show up Solo was cool too.

witcher 3

I'm glad Wild World ended up having its own identity instead of just being a GameCube port with online, but I still often wonder what Animal Crossing would be like today if they kept the first game's art style and flat top-down world.
youtu.be/RnJrBEVv2iw

Attached: acwwbeta1.jpg (415x634, 59K)

Attached: screenshot.hiveswap.1523x786.2015-10-19.5.jpg (1523x786, 591K)

>hire-ups
That's hilarious, unintentional or not

Even servers aren't super safe either...

This just popped up in my youtube suggestions:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwEw3jM-h4

Oceiros also had content cut late in development. He actually had a baby in his hand the whole time and in the second stage of the fight would appear to forget he was holding it and start accidentally smashing the shit.

youtu.be/prownnvrwdo?t=58

>What got cancelled that youre still butthurt about
Mega Man Universe
Starcraft: Ghost

Honorable Mentions:
Bloodstained Vita port
PSO2 western release

The whole Ocerios/Angel of Dragons thing was ridiculously cut down.
He was once supposed to be found in a cut area named Grave of Gods that was beyond the bridge with the dead pilgrims and can still be seen on the map that came with the collectors edition.
His lines were also the very first things recorded for the game.

Attached: Leveldata.png (1920x1008, 2.96M)

Aliens: Colonial Marines ruined any chances of another game in that setting

capcom fucked up sfxt with terrible DLC practice and a buggy unfun game
yeah we got darkstalkers resurrection instead of a new game

You know, it must be very weird to have played an early version of such an iconic game. It's like a dream only you had, and you can never go back to it.

Reminder that the people that went on to make the Grand Theft Auto series originally wanted to make a SNES game called Kid Kirby.

Also for those that are into the Dillon's Rolling Western series, the recent installment had a poker game cut from international versions.

Attached: Kid_kirby.jpg (500x400, 113K)

>niggers
>unknown
Come on, mate
You really want me to tell the joke about the South African and the tourist?

Versus XIII and maybe The Last Guardian.
I'm not sure if TLG had much cut but the final game feels like it lacked a sense of fullness.

Damn, that castlevania looks like it could have been great. Hopefully we'll get a proper 3Dvania some day

TLG's development was a mess, a ton was cut & redesigned due to PS3 limits, then it was rushed together in a year for a PS4 release with the help of some Sony western studio's

The game is still good, but yeah it's a dud compared to Ico & SOTC, those games were groundbreaking, TLG was just a good flavor of the month title

Mother 3 wasn't cancelled. Mother 3 GBA is literally a port of Mother 3 64. If you compare the dialogue from Mother 3 64 screenshots to the final game, much of it is near-identical.

Is this from the artbook?

>expect it to be some unused nakamura music
>it's disgusting w*stoid shit

Attached: 1528785871273.jpg (229x220, 7K)

that castlevania game looked amazing

Dinosaur planet for the N64DD. As much as I loved what it later on became (Starfox Adventures) I watched a rare retrospective documentary which detailed how it's development had to be changed and shifted into a starfox title rather than it's very own IP. youtu.be/cOVBRJToVDY

Fun fact: the female protagonist you see in the screenshots is Sonia Belmont from Castlevania Legends on the gameboy. IIRC the plot was that the present Belmont is a puss who doesn't want to fight Dracula so Sonia gets summoned from the past to bail him out.

Attached: 1528039806747.jpg (810x456, 35K)

Wanted to ask this as well. My cursor has been hovering over the order button for this artbook for weeks now. If this crazy shit is in it, that's just one more reason to click it.

Is there any proof that Episodes 1 to 4 of Gears were supposed to get their own games? I thought they existed as background for Episode 5, and Episode 6 would have been a follow up game.

You got around 6 games styled after RE4 and most of them were shit
Here's some more fun facts about RE betas
>BIOHAZARD went through multiple phases, originally not even having a story, and a lot of ideas were thrown in the air before they settled on fixed cameras and pre-renders for the main look of the game. Additionally, there were some differences that wouldn't be seen until the Arranged Mode in RE Director's Cut, like enemies walking to other rooms

>BIOHAZARD 1.5 was scrapped for a very good reason, that being that it was a bad game. The concepts lifted from the RE2 Beta for REmake 2 were not taken from 1.5, but post-1.5 beta stuff, as the RPD was completely different, likened after Robocop and Terminator. There were also fewer or no human villains to my knowledge, with Irons taking a supporting role, two potential survivor a la RE1, Ada's story being gone for the most part, and William being portrayed in a more positive light.

>BIOHAZARD 3 Last Escape was originally a spin-off title that got the 3 added on thanks to Sony. This is likely why the Epilogue Files and Jill were put into the game.

>CODE:Veronica concept art depicts Billy and a blonde version of Jill. It is unknown what these characters would've done and it is plausible Billy could've been a stand in for Steve at that time. It was also discovered that HCF Wesker concept art had been floating around since the release of RE2.

>BIOHAZARD DASH is a title with almost no info about it, only theories. It may not even exist.

>BIOHAZARD 0 was originally planned for the N64 and was going to have Wesker as the main villain (made obvious through zero mention of Marcus before the GCN release of 0). This was scrapped in favour of Wesker taking a behind the scenes role

>BIOHAZARD Outbreak has a large amount of cut content, two whole levels being basically done just sitting in File #2.
There is a lot more as well, such as 4's multiple betas, the multiple RE3s, RE5's betas and Revelations

Attached: 062-Billy.jpg (1000x1402, 608K)

Did anything about that Wii game Winter ever get released beyond that IGN demo footage?

>how dare they try something different instead of making mega man battle network x legends part 4653
megamanchildren are the worst

[Cont]
>BIOHAZARD 4 was originally BIOHAZARD 3, the first beta was obviously what became DMC, but it was about the twin sons of Spencer getting special virus powers which became demon powers for DMC. This was scrapped and we got another beta which had Ashley and a pet dog. It is plausible this became another Survival Horror title, The Haunting Ground. Then there is the famous Hookman demo, which uses fixed camera mixed with OTS and utilizes hallucinations, something that wouldn't be seen again until the RE5 beta, a boss in Revelations and parts of 7.

>BIOHAZARD 5 has likely the most cut content out of any of the games, with the original plan jumping around constantly, from Barry being in the game, to Jill stabbing out Wesker's eye making that his weakpoint, Wesker basically wanting to get fucked by a Tyrant (to tie into RE1).
relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/
unseen64.net/2009/04/07/resident-evil-5-beta-analysis/

>BIOHAZARD Revelations original trailer is completely different from what was actually in-game. Chris and Jill appear to be working against each other, HUNK is a Chris clone (?) and it's so obvious that the guy who made this wrote the original version of RE7's Not a Hero
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3bvrvJYyo

>BIOHAZARD Umbrella Corps is very likely to be ORC2's leftover content from when it was scrapped

>BIOHAZARD 7 has multiple cut family members including a young boy around the same age as Evelyn (kid) and a dog

>BIOHAZARD 7 Not a Hero is almost completely different, which is why it was delayed almost a year. The objectives still listed inside the game but not used include stuff like
>Capture Lucas Baker
>Destroy Evidence
>Collect White Mold Sample
>And I am almost certain that Not A Hero originally intended Umbrella to be evil and Chris to be a clone based on the Revelations trailer

Attached: 023-Albert-Wesker.jpg (1600x1200, 482K)

>la la laing
The what?

I mean I guess not but it seems weird that they wouldn't be.

I will never not be angry at this image.

Attached: 1551257853323.png (800x540, 107K)

also Metroid Dread

bump

>what got canceled you got butthurt about
>Metroid Dread
How? How can you be butthurt about Dread being canceled? How can you miss something you don't even know? We know NOTHING about Dread, other than its title. Was it really that important for you to have the next Metroid be titled Dread?

>game development disasters
>posts a beta image of the single best video game of all time on metacritic
What did he mean by this?

Great posts.

Fuck off moron.

Apparently they had the entire store written, but just decided not to make it. I just think not having ds metroid game was a wasted opportunity.

Fun fact: Shigeru Miyamoto was originally the director of Twilight Princess, but handed it off to Aonuma for some reason.

I'm so glad this game wasn't released in this way

I thought these were supposed to be overworld bosses, not guardians. Regardless, BotW really needed shit like this. An injection of mortal fucking terror to keep you on your toes.

There's also some shit from a really, really early proto at a toy fair. Don't remember if there was any actual footage or just screenshots though.

Attached: GHZ-WelcomeSign.png (623x418, 632K)

this is one of the most batshit crazy things to ever happen, i still can't believe it