Why do modern games have such terrible graphics?

why do modern games have such terrible graphics?

Attached: 1555495008182.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCHw6fUyLMY
docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Content/Types/Textures/Streaming
david.li/fluid/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do modern gamers have such terrible autism?

>consoles
This is the answer for nearly every game released in the past decade, if not longer.

How many times did you sperg out trying to capture that streaming issue?

Attached: IMG_20190504_131813.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

And yet it was consoles who have been pushing graphics this gen

I had this game on day 1, never had this issue. What is with Yea Forums hate for this game?

if this runs fine on a web browser then how come games don't have cool shit like this?

Attached: particle physics.webm (755x410, 2.93M)

what would you do with it gameplay wise?

It's PlayStation exclusive so PC gamers hate it.

I think there's tons of things you can do, imagine an oil barrel and you shoot a hole in it and fluid leaks out and spreads, it would look really cool too

overall it would just allow far more realistic interactions involving particles and fluids

I'm honestly starting to believe this. I have seen people on Yea Forums make flat out lies about this game

>I think there's tons of things you can do, imagine an oil barrel and you shoot a hole in it and fluid leaks out and spreads, it would look really cool too
waste of processing power on something that can be faked

hurr durr it would look far worse if it was scripted fluid animation

every graphics effect that doesn't directly involve gameplay would be considered a waste of processing to you

also actually simulating shit would allow far more natural interactions with the world, instead of some one way scripted animations

you could build all sorts of puzzles around particle simulations too, that you can't exactly replicate using scripted shit

Another ps4 exclusive
Because its only on browser and doesnt have 500000 other calculations and physics days gone is running at same time

Attached: IMG_20190504_131809.jpg (3840x2160, 949K)

I'd honestly have cool shit like fluid simulations instead of realistic rendering

it would make for some fun physics games, but it's not particularly useful for other games.

Attached: 1530525476322.png (520x460, 38K)

imagine some sort of tsunami scenario with water that behaved like that, or a sinking ship or something

Welp good for you. I like more detailed visuals like world and characters.

Attached: IMG_20190429_202600.jpg (3840x2160, 1.01M)

it would look very good and you could design your games to have cool shit involving particle simulations, as a cool effect alone it would make games look a big step ahead

because western developers are shit. if you unironically play anything but japanese games you are a filthy casual and should go back to plebbit.

>30 fps covered in blur filters
no thanks

sure, but I'd love to see both, I'd any day play a game with really cool particle simulations even if they looked cartoonish or something

Why does the road look so blurry?

Hey how's days gone? I heard it was kinda mediocre but those horde encounters I saw at pre release are sweet as fuck. How often does that shit happen

Hydrophobia. It’s shit

So like FFXV lol?
What is dof with small aperture?

Attached: IMG_20190430_082145.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

There’s no doubt it’d look good, but it’d be taxing on performance and would need a lot of time spent getting it right, but all for something some players wouldn’t notice. If the game was based heavily around water or some kind of fluids, sure. Having physics advanced as those for oil in an oil drum in a shooter game would simply be a waste of time and resources that are better spent elsewhere.

xv has really good graphics though and not that interesting particle simulations

players would definitely immediatelya notice if there was something as cool looking as that webm I posted
nvidia already made a unified particle simulation for unreal 4, it's going to happen some day because it's the next step in realism, I think that physics and how things animate play just as big of a role in making the world feel convincing as lighting and geometry does, maybe even more honestly

user that's very clearly a low res texture with no AF.

Because they need to get them running at at least sub 30fps on underpowered consoles.

imagine how terrible it would look without bullshot mode

modern games are being made by diversity fillers who have no passion for games and never cared about them. they only care about pushing sjw propaganda

Acquire fornication.

make a game which takes place on a sinking boat or on a beach with strong tides

What are you talking about?

>He doesnt know
Days Gone is very detailed. Sorry your eyes are shit

Attached: IMG_20190503_065653.jpg (3840x2160, 2.29M)

>this gen
Yeah, that's the problem.
PC has long since gone past each console generation. There's no pushing because the performance boundaries vastly exceed gaming requirements.

>what is LOD

Ok but I have eyes and the screenshot you posted has a very low quality road texture.

Clearly it's just because nobody has tried hsrd enough

I don't think you know what low quality means.

It looks very blurry. Are you telling me that the textures are supposed to be very blurry?

It's not blurry on my monitor, maybe it's just your screen.

>being this autistic

You tell me

Attached: IMG_20190302_154938.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

>this stupid sony nigger still thinks streaming is going to change in game textures and LoD
How dumb are you fuckers?

still nothing has surpassed witcher 3

It's called depth of field, also motion blur. You wouldn't even notice it in game since the camera is never that low to the ground, except in photo mode.

I told you its fucking dof

Attached: IMG_20190501_154051.jpg (3840x2160, 708K)

cooking mama HD edition
youtube.com/watch?v=MCHw6fUyLMY

I'm talking about this. The road is blurry. It's not some kind of post-processing effect like dof because only the road is blurry.

Attached: days gone road.png (2213x682, 1.64M)

That doesn't make sense though, because only the road is blurry and nothing else.

Unloaded car is streaming issue.. if that is even ops picture, he was sperging out trying to capture it becsause it eould load in, but on delay. You can see that by how he had screenshot taken while he had notificiation for captured screenshot
Dude. For the love of god. Read what aperture is. I was capturing at f/4 with wide range, closest thing appear blurry while mid range and in back appears more in focus

Attached: IMG_20190502_191452-01.jpg (2160x3336, 1.71M)

>Unloaded car is streaming issue..
No, no it isn't. It's an LoD issue that will happen regardless of whether or not someone is streaming. Do you not understand how texture loading works? Why the fuck do you think it's related to streaming?

again that doesn't explain it because things that as close to the camera as the road aren't affected.

>console

I wont bother anymore retard...

But that's just you admitting that you don't have an argument. Why are things that are just as close to the camera as the road not as blurry as the road?

The only retard here is the guy who thinks bad textures are a streaming issue. You are a fucking idiot, 100% confirmed.

>No, no it isn't. It's an LoD issue that will happen regardless of whether or not someone is streaming.
Holy shit you're retarded. He's not talking about streaming on twitch dipshit, he's talking about LOD streaming.
> Do you not understand how texture loading works? Why the fuck do you think it's related to streaming?
you are literally this stupid.
docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Content/Types/Textures/Streaming

Well then maybe he should have specifically stated that, you god damned retard. Not only that but how, exactly, is this much of a defense in regards to the game? Other PS4 games don't have this issue, Days gone is just shit. I love how you shit eaters deliberately go out of your way to omit critical details in certain things then get mad when people don't know what the fuck you were even originally trying to argue.

Fucking mouthbreather why the fuck do tou pretend to know something when you dont know shit and now >b-b-but game
Just fuck off

Looks like they only worked in the first area to give a good first impression. I was thinking the graphics were great, but soon they turned to shit.

Almost any open world past 2015

link??? i want to play around with this

>be retarded
>say something generic and barebones while trying to sound smart + omitting basic information
>no one knows what the fuck you're trying to talk about
>get mad when this happens
This is how you sound, you god damned retarded nigger.

Will next gen be better? I feel like PS3 to PS4 was a tiny hardly noticeable jump for most games. PS1 to PS2 to PS3 was huge.

not even him but you are the fucking retard. He already inferred it you were just too much of fucking brainlet to understand

Attached: 1555180685616.png (326x326, 110K)

david.li/fluid/

Who cares I can show off webms on my PC (master race btw) and fucking OWN console fags!

You're just mad because you didn't understand what he said and looked stupid, quit being a sperg

Diminishing returns, boring and bland art direction along with devs pushing Muh resolution while ignoring other stuff like environmental design, animations etc

Is that a flashflight shining out of his ass?

Attached: thinkingoutsidebox.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

>Tiny hardly noticeable
I can see you havent used ps3. Games are 720p at most, lack aa and are really low res. Launch title like infamous ss is light years ahead of infamous 2

>unironically retarded

No his dick you dumb shit. It's explained he lost his dick in Afghanistan doing a tour He got it replace with a flashlight to see better at night.

not really because of diminishing returns. games are about as visually good as theyre ever going to be. I hope they really push simulation tech instead like physics simulations and stuff. games can look great now but so much of the worlds are static non interactive frozen polygons

Attached: 1475860042798.png (1215x373, 112K)

I said most games mate. There are only a couple of games that look massively better than last gen.

thanks anone

You're the one making mistakes and reeeing at everyone about it lil guy

Butt the light goes backwards, his flashdick is aimed backwards? Is he fucking his own ass with is flashdick? Is that gay? Or isnt it because the flashdick wasnt originally him but rather an artifical addition.

he's hung like a horse.

>making mistakes
Funny, because I specifically mentioned texture loading and LoD in an earlier post of mine, yet you dumb asses seem to want to forcibly ignore this part. I know what the hell LoD is, your dumb asshole just said "streaming" without any context then got mad when people didn't know that you were specifically talking about LoD loading when that isn't a common method for describing the issue in general conversations. Kill yourself.

Your theory demands that the flashdick can curve, do we have any proof that it isnt always rigid like flashlights always are?

Attached: anontheory.png (635x511, 13K)

PC virgins are braindead user

Geh schlafen, Drachenlord.