How did 8 year olds with no internet beat this shit?

How did 8 year olds with no internet beat this shit?

Attached: F4105827-5641-486F-B200-21A083468540.jpg (1200x1472, 512K)

they got gud

By bashing my head against it for a week.
Kids had more patience back then

Because it’s not hard. At most you’ll miss one of two keys and when there’s a limited amount of space to explore you’ll eventually brute force it.

Process of elimination?
It's not hard just tedious.

by the occasional time one of parents friends brought there daughters to my house and i thought saying swear words made me cool

Just play nigga it's not that difficult. Sure you might be lost at some points, but there are only so many rooms in the temple. At some point you've just been through it all.

I don't know about other kids, but back in those days I would play one..maybe two games consistently for months/years on end. Eventually you just figure shit out. It was, unironically, a different time.

The internet makes you stupid

It's not hard just pay attention to your map, you get one and a compass for a fucking reason dumbass

Attached: 1556678156789.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

we had internet fucking retard

You’ll feel silly when you finally realize where that key you’ve been looking for all this time was.

Go check the stats, not that many people had internet till the mid 00s. No one I knew had internet until 2001 at the earliest

By not being brainlets

I played it for the first time recently and it really wasn't that hard.

this

Attached: 1556150856187.jpg (274x221, 5K)

I could beat and i didn't even knew any English back in the day, kids these days are just less intelligent

>only had one game
>cant stop playing because there is nothing else to play

When I was little, the act of trying to actually find the dungeons was harder than the dungeons themselves. I still don't know what's so difficult about the water temple.

Weird, I would play neopets even when I was 6 on dial up and look up cheats/guides all day. Even if you didn't have internet you could go to the library or have your parents print stuff off of you from the internet at work or something.

We had long vacations without internet to figure it out. Waking up at 6AM to quietly assist my brother, I often said "hey you didn't go here and try that!" (& vice versa).
When some games were too hard, youd write puzzles & passwords on a piece of paper.
Good times...

With a strategy guide or by getting their dad to help

>all these internet badasses pretending

>dungeon map
>compass
Have you never played a Zelda game before?

What was the issue there? I honestly can't remembet it. I remember hating the strong stream that carries you through some skelly arms, but that's because I got a little lost and visited that section 5-10 times.

Because we were not zoomer retards that had all the games holding our hand and giving us hints, marked maps and braindead puzzles.

At most if you got really stuck at a single puzzle you could look up a magazine and get on to the next one.

There's one thing you can do wrong and that's changing the water level without first exploring all the rooms available to you. If you do that you'll probably miss a key and need to backtrack. That's all it fucking is.

>wasting your money for guides and not for games
>his parents didnt get divorced

Literally ALL you have to do is just memorize which rooms you go in and which you don't as you move the rows up.

Imagine being this bad

I was in 6th grade when it came out, my family didn't have internet yet, and I 100%'d it.

Yeah, I remember spending a lot of time on Water Temple, but I'd say like many games of its time I was so blown away by how great the graphics were and how much fun I was having with the game that I stuck with it. I mention graphics because I was so easily impressed by early 3d graphics back then. Final Fantasy 7 blew me away when it came out.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f[1].jpg (550x550, 32K)

I had more trouble with the frozen switch in the Forest Temple than the water temple as a kid.

There's like one easily missable key and it's in the center tower thing just remember that and ur gold

>xD its easy if you play the entire dungeon in one sitting

>strategy guide
Too poor to afford it, my mom could barely afford my N64 with OoT and she saved for it just because of my straight A's
>dad
Raised by a single mother who worked all day

Same. You were pretty much stuck for months with whatever game you got as christmast gift

>common sense makes you an internet badass

Attached: 1553493860340.jpg (431x450, 68K)

And the most tedious part wasnt going through levels, but changing equipment in the original game.

Yeah I played KH1 for like 6 months before I finally finished it at like 7 years old, mainly because of the little time I could spend playing a week and because it was hard to figure out where to go sometimes.

They key almost everyone misses is through a moving platform in one corner of a map. You stand on it and moves up and takes you somewhere, but if you go under it or keep swimming up(with appropriate water levels) that's what everyone misses.

>christmast

Either they got gud or they got Nintendo Power

>but back in those days I would play one..maybe two games consistently for months/years on end.
That how i ruined my budokai 2 disc.

Trial and Error, dumbass.

Pretty much this.

Granted I was dumb as shit as a kid, we a game shark for RE1 and me and my friend still couldn't figure out what to do.

I was 13. My 8-year-old brother couldn't beat it though. I had to do it for him

This guy gets it. It's how I managed to get out of that dark cave in Pokemon Blue, despite not knowing what flash was.

This

>played Donkey Kong 64 for 3 years straight

I never even found all the bananas lol

There's only ONE key you could potentially miss, and that's the one in the tower in the middle hidden under the floor as you raise the water

I beat it as a kid no problem, however when I got MM as a rental, I got stuck in THAT water temple, instead

There was always a kid with a game guide or someone who already beat it.

It's called looking under the platform in the central pillar that rises. That's literally where all you idiots forgot to look.

the water temple really isn't difficult. it's just tedious and annoying when you have to constantly be changing your equipment. this is one aspect that the was actually made significantly better in the 3DS remake.

It's a matter of patience, not really skill. Also, gameFAQs existed back then, you stupid idiot.

I used a guide book for forest temple onwards back in '03. Didn't have internet.

That happened with my Mega Drive, was pretty pissed that day. Next day I got another one, later I realized it was a free region version

My dad was more ignorant with video games than I was. Last time he gamed was with the Atari.

Nintendo power

Nigga when you're a kid you can to literal miracles in video games, it's a magic power bestowed upon you as a child and when you grow up it goes away.

I beat Anubis Rex from Pac-Man World as a fucking 8~10 year old, and when I revisisted the game years later, despite breezing through everything the game offered, that boss fucked be up so hard I dropped the game, I couldn't beat it, it's the cheapest shit.

>no internet

>using guide book as a grade school kid playing OoT for the first time
>binding was shitty and broke apart, so I had to read individual pages I kept in a folder
>lost the pages on water temple and spirit temple somehow
>spent forever on water temple as a result
still the most difficulty I had in any video game dungeon after playing a lot of rpgs

this. I was unironically an elite 12 year old gamer. now Im 25 and old and washed up and can only play Mercy on Overwatch . I swear you get worse as you get older

I've gotten better with age, but I was really uncoordinated when I was younger so that probably explains it.

Mine was in bad shape too had had crayon drawings in it, still I was lucky to even find one at the time and at my local pawn shop for 3 dollars nonetheless. I have no idea were the thing is now.

Jesus I was a freshman in high school when that came out

wait a sec.. you're telling me.. some people, are older, than other people??