After all of these years, this is the only passable 2D Sonic game, and even then it's mediocre at best

After all of these years, this is the only passable 2D Sonic game, and even then it's mediocre at best.

Attached: 220px-Sonic_Mania_(artwork).jpg (220x244, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKdo5f5X_qc
youtube.com/watch?v=JEHBtq4xvS4
youtube.com/watch?v=iM6qebS36IU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You put my thoughts in words perfectly.

>samefag

>posters: 1
what the fuck op, why?

I dont think you understand the appeal of 2D sonic whatsoever, its a racing game against the stage, you are supposed to replay it countless times to improve your time

>this is the only passable 2D Sonic game
BAS-

>and even then it's mediocre at best
ed retard

Gee I wonder who could be behind these posts

Attached: samefag.jpg (800x450, 46K)

SEGA HIRE THIS MAN unironically

youtube.com/watch?v=wKdo5f5X_qc

youtube.com/watch?v=JEHBtq4xvS4

Attached: fuck off faggot.png (1089x426, 152K)

>mediocre at best
It's fantastic

Tell that to 2/3rds of the zones being complete shill

shopped, frankly I don't care if this convinces other anons or not. I know for a fact that those first 3 posts are all you. All I can ask is: why? legitimately, why?

cope

Just because they're repeats doesn't mean they're bad. The level designs are good, the second acts all added new mechanics and assets, and the levels were mostly of higher quality than the levels seen in Sonic 1, 2 and 3.

don't know what I expected

basedgument

But wait. there's more:

youtube.com/watch?v=iM6qebS36IU

Mania doesn't have a single bad act, let alone zone. Which is extremely remarkable because I can't think of any other Sonic game that manages that.

Based and argumentpilled.

Cringe and brainletpilled.

Get out of this thread with your shitty fanfiction of a 3D sonic, completely bluepilled

also sonic mania has a bad zone, it's called the unmemorable excuse of a second half of a game

>unmemorable excuse of a second half of a game zone
Literally who? Fuck off with your fan fiction.

Nah it's
3&K>2>M+>1>CD

Name one zone from the second half of Sonic Mania without looking it up

Sonic Pocket Adventure, Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush are all passable games, despite the latter marking the birth of boost shit.

Titanic monarch
Wacky workbenches
Oil ocean

lel, sonic was never good, my brother

epic meme, op

I agree the second half isn't very good and fucks the pacing but Oil Ocean, Lava Reef, Metallic Madness and Titanic Monarch in that order

Sonic Advance series says hello

After all these years, this is the only passable bait in a Sonic thread, and even then OP is a faggot.

Low IQ zoomer tier opinion. S3&K is one of the best platformers of all time

Hard to swallow pill:

This game is not for me. The controls are garbage, level design is sometimes cheap. I want to like this game so much, because of its amazing soundtrack, and overall aesthetic; but no matter how much I try, it's always shit. Why? I love Hollow Knight, Celeste, Fez, etc. Why can't I get into this game?

Hydrocity, Mirage Saloon, Oil Ocean, Lava Reef, Metallic Madness and Titanic Monarch. ez pz, now what?

>Donkey Kong Country
>Rayman
>Early Mario
Fuck off Genezoomer

Hydrocity, Titanic Monarch, Oil Ocean, Lava Reef, Mirage Saloon, Metallic Madness

Because you suck.

The problem might be that you suck at games

I platinum'd Super Meat Boy. I'm better than you

This just goes to show that all the actually neat gimmicks Sega came up with over the years being brought together could make a brilliant moveset. All it would take is a team that actually cared about that aspect.

Well judging by those other games you probably went in with the wrong mindset
Sanic's an arcade game at heart, the fun is getting better at it
>other great platformers prevent this platformer from being great
That's just stupid

>controls are garbage
...left, right, and a single button, and they always ALWAYS respond. Do you perhaps mean
>I don't understand momentum based physics and I want to go left the moment I press left and a set speed because every game I compared has rigid non-physics gameplay
What, do you hate Mario games too?

Did you get all the Chaos emeralds in encore mode?

>fuck off normalfag

Because it just isn't that good. Play Sonic 2 or 3 instead.

Why are you greentexting?

Who are you quoting?

Attached: hello reddit.jpg (600x324, 210K)

Fuck, that actually looks like the perfect Sonic gameplay. Beats boostshit that's for sure.

>Early Mario
>good

Attached: donut-plains-2.png (3600x862, 62K)

So is anyone here getting TSR?

Imagine Sonic 1-esque platforming mixed with the scale of Sonic Unleashed levels with those mechanics.

Hell no. It looks like a straight up downgrade from the last game.

>Sonic 1 esque platforming

I'd rather not. I'd rather Prototype Windy Valley type level design.

hell ya it looks like a straight upgrade from the last game

>Sonic 1-esque
You meant 3&K and Mania, right?

Yeah, launch day. Sumo Digital and Whitehead's team are the only ones I trust with Sonic at this point

That works too. I got myself too hype imagining walljumping past the lava spouts and what-not.

Hell maybe. It looks like a straight sidegrade from the last game.

>sonic 1-esque platforming
Which type, marble/labyrinth zone or green hill/starlight zone?

>Whitehead's team
He has a studio now, Evening Star is what it's called, and a lot of Mania devs are a part of it.

The former, but being able to style past the mechanics that would make you sit around

>implying that any 2D sonic is good
Sonic Adventure was the first good Sonic game, and Sonic Heroes was the last.

Literally the most retarded post on Yea Forums right here.

actually hire this man holy shit

The truth in this hurts my soul.

I feel the same way, user. Sonic 1 is great but I got tired of Sonic 2 so I just watched a Let's Play on YouTube. I feel I can't quite "get in the groove" of 2D Sonic the way I can with Donkey Kong and Mario. It's just too aggravting sometimes and the special stages suck balls.

But the games are still fun and have great aesthetic and music, don't get me wrong.

Not nearly as good as any of the genesis ones

>Mania doesn't have a single bad act, let alone zone.
I thought Hydrocity was a slog, personally. They took a generally fast-paced water level and turned a lot of it into a Labyrinth zone equivalent with those bubble sections.

Mirage Saloon act 1 can also be a bit of a drag on repeat playthroughs.

This is the only sonic fangame that actually looks good. Nice work, random dude

Attached: 1538602913236.png (246x245, 95K)

Do you even know what shill means? How is a stage shilling you esl motherfucker?

There is nothing wrong with the controls, at all. How do you play?

>isn't very good
Those levels are based though. MM especially.

>Sonic 1 Sells 15,000,000
>Sonic 2 Sells 6,000,000 (Not even half of the original)
>Sonic 3 Sells 1,000,000
No Sonic game has ever gotten as close to being as successful as Sonic 1. Why did interest in the series fall off so much from the first game?

Attached: robotnik.png (282x437, 214K)

>bubble sections
Learn the route.

Are you sure that 1's figure isn't taking the genesis pack in into account? Those usually inflate sales figures a fuck ton.

The first game was bundled with systems

Fuck boostfags and fuck manianiggers, Sonic Adventure Remake is coming and there's nothing you retards can do to stop it.

Attached: ydutf12h0qi11.png (1000x1247, 2.74M)

Is SA1 a pleb filter?

Attached: Sonic Adventure 1.webm (720x576, 2.56M)

Fuck you pal I'm classicfag all the way but Adventure is still great.

I genuinely believe that it is.
>Iizuka mentioning interest in an interview
>Crush 40 back together for TSR
>Nostalgia proven successful after Mania
>Demand still high, with SA2 making it onto famitsu reader's favorite game's twice, and the games scoring high on SEGA Ages polls
On top of all that, I doubt they would try another boost game right after Forces reception.

SA and SA2B for switch when

A mobile phone chao garden game would make sega millions.

Nah, you can jerk off to Adventure as much as you want, that still doesn't excuse Big and Amy stages. And I was defending Amy's gameplay until the recent replay of the game.

Nigger

the OP doesn't count as a poster you newfag retard

yes they do lying fuck, you're mixing up "replies" and "posters"

They still don't need to be there. They're not fun, they just slow the game down needlessly. The original Hydrocity didn't suffer from this problem, and Mania's iteration didn't need to either.

big did nothing wrong

Why do people think a modern Adventure remake would actually play well? Modern Sonic Team couldn't even re-implement the boost gameplay in Lost World's engine for Forces properly.

Boost ruined the series

>Boost ruined the serie-

Attached: Sonic - Lost World.webm (640x360, 2.39M)

Why do people hate that game again?

Because kickass tech like in that webm is only possible like 20% of the time. The level design rare takes the wall run into account and expects you to do the challenges on top of the platforms.

-s

Shame. I think parkour had a lot of potential.

Because it's a confused, gimmick-ridden mess that takes player agency to an all time low for the series?

It was fun

Because a lot of the level design sucks.

the story was shit, most of the game was 2d, the learning curve was fucking ridiculous even by sega standards and it was on the fucking wii u.

The only level I really liked was that desert level that had some 3 lane level design going on at the beginning before turning into more rigid, linear 2D platforming.
If every level were designed like that and they actually expanded on the concept I would've loved Lost World. Imagine if the 3 lanes were at different elevations and falling off one would put you on another, shit would be so cash.

>Sonic Advance series says hello
>series
Advance 1 is the only legitimately decent one of the bunch. 2's level design starts to fall apart halfway through, and 3 is just unfun in general.

>Imagine if the 3 lanes were at different elevations and falling off one would put you on another, shit would be so cash.
Yeah, imagine if they made vertically-layered level design for a game that utilizes parkour as one of its main mechanics. Instead we got levels that are mostly just flat planes that are either slightly curved or rolled into a tube.

They'll fuck it and make it shit. Not that the original was good to begin with though.

First two games were bundled with the system.

Atrocious physics, boring music, shit level design and no focus whatsoever. Fuck Lost Cause and fuck you.

Barring the music, that sounds like every 3D Sonic.

S3&K blows all those games out of the water, and it’s not even close

>Mania doesn't have a single bad act, let alone zone
Oil Ocean is just plain shit and Hydrocity was boring and felt the least different from the original

Fuck you I liked colors.

Sonic games have been so shit for so long that a romhack is considered a classic. If it came out in 1996, people would've called it the trash that it is.

Musically and aesthetically, I agree. Super Mario snes comes very, very close, though, if not on par.

That hard part is actually making levels that are fun
This is nothing

>the trash that it is.
Explain yourself, faggot.

>This is nothing
When Sonic Team literally never made a 3D Sonic game that plays anywhere near as good as this, then it actually is something.

Sonic has always been more flair than substance

*blocks your path*

Attached: Title_Screen_Sonic_3_and_Knuckles.png (320x224, 20K)

Dont you start.

I'd say the story was basic than "shit". Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog is a shit story. Lost World is played incredibly safe where its just "yeah its a story and it exists but who cares".

>OP revealed as a samefag and is now lying out if his ass
Kek

Attached: Replies,Images,Posters,Page.jpg (1080x396, 104K)

This.

Best sequel weve had in years

Sonic 3 and knuckles literally flexed pre-rendered stage gimmicks through the whole game

Yes and?