Is he the most based villain in all of vidya?

Is he the most based villain in all of vidya?

Attached: formible_chin_dedede_2_by_hi1dere123-dcrlhnx.png (255x277, 144K)

no.

Attached: Fuhrer.png (174x162, 20K)

>villain

Making Dedede and Meta Knight Kirby's regular friends was a huge mistake. We already had Rick, Kine, and Coo for that. In Super Star, King Dedede and Meta Knight offered a lot more to the series when their roles were more unique and dynamic. There was a sense of conflict in their characters, they had a lot more personality, and they were capable of doing a lot more. I think the problem is they don't know quite how to use them without Sakurai. Even in Kirby GCN, the cancelled game, King Dedede was going to be a villain.

dedede hasnt been the antagonist since the first game and meta knight has never been evil

Attached: kane.jpg (468x316, 18K)

Maybe, but there is little to do about that now, they are Kirby bitches from now on

Attached: 1522713978195.png (463x639, 164K)

King Dedede is more a jerk than a villain. He likes to dick around with Kirby and battle him on a friendly basis. In the end he's one of the good guys.

jerks with hearts of gold are more based than villains anyways

Wrong.

Also wrong. Mistakes can be corrected even if it took too long.

Attached: Robot_Boss_Kirby_Wii.jpg (180x122, 9K)

then name one other game thats not a spin off or a remake where king dedede is a villain and not just a jerk

When was the last time Dedede was a jerk with a good heart? 64? These days he's just always happy and nice.

Super Star

I don't want him to just be evil and villainous, I want him to be King Dedede. Kirby's rival and a troublesome jerk, even when he has good intentions.

Attached: 1493106329639.png (800x600, 119K)

>knight has never been evil
He was morally ambiguous and had a complex personality. That's what made him such a compelling villain/rival.

Attached: 22389312_p0.jpg (1000x821, 560K)

>villian
it was ONE game people

Here's how I think the cast should go:
King Dedede is a Saturday morning cartoon villain. He either does selfish things that annoys everyone, or he tries to do something good, but handles it in a terribly lazy or destructive way. He also enjoys being Kirby's rival. He hates losing, but loves having a challenge. He's not an evil guy at heart, so he can do the right thing, but he won't be nice about it.
Meta Knight is an antihero obsessed with his own power, but also with knightly chivalry. He is more powerful than Kirby. Meta Knight loses because his mask breaks, and he flees because he doesn't want anybody to see his face. When he goes mad and goes all-out against Kirby, he's invincible and ungodly strong. All Kirby can do is flee if Meta Knight reaches that point, but you really have to foil Meta Knight's entire plot to get him there.
Rick, Kine, and Coo can be Kirby's regular friends. They don't have a lot to them other than being Kirby's friends and having simple personalities and modified play styles from Kirby, so there's no loss or regression in character by giving them this role. They don't necessarily need to function as they did in DL2 or 3. They could each be playable on their own, be playable in minigames, or just be NPCs.
Adeleine is a mysterious girl that travels, paints, and likes to be helpful. She can be support like she was in 64, and she should draw sketches of the adventure for her perspective in the end. That was always cool.

Attached: 1469874868525.png (807x664, 380K)

Close, he’s no Eggman but he’s a top 5 for sure

Almost two but then they cut it and replaced fun troublemaker Dedede with bitch-ass Kirby support Dedede

Attached: Kirby GCN story.png (783x1000, 1.38M)

Attached: 67347208_p4.png (3000x1968, 3.7M)

anybody have a good closeup of the Wispy Woods toy?

Do you think if this game came out Dedede would have became bowser in the context of having zero personality and just being a generic villain?

But most of the time he is simply a jerk, deep down he is not a bad person

Attached: D5uKfInV4AoriH4.jpg (1200x900, 196K)

Doubtful since that would have been just the first subgame, and Dedede's problem of having zero personality in modern Kirby came from being shoehorned into a purely friendly role.

And simply being a jerk means to antagonize. King Dedede needs to have some minor and major antagonistic roles as well as his more sportsmanlike rival roles.

Attached: Dedede Kirby GCN.png (321x303, 254K)

spring breeze is a dreamland 1 remake

he tried to take over dreamland once and stopped when kirby slapped his ship, there's nothing complex about that

Attached: 1519495932559.jpg (118x150, 5K)

Right, trashing his character is the simple part. That's why they did it, it was a lot easier to include him when they neuter him and dumb him down.

Le Hitler
XD

this.
he's just a misunderstood king trying to do right by his kingdom and subjects

>Bandana Waddle Dee has never been evil
He was morally ambiguous and had a complex personality. That's what made him such a compelling villain/rival.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Also, he is a self proclaimed king so is likely his subjects may not be that aware of his intentions

shut the fuck up rafl

I like the idea of a guy who can stop a literal nightmare then immediately take a bath in the Fountain of Dreams

You're not too far off there. They threw away his personality after SSU because it was easier to make him a competent buddy.

Do you have an argument or not?

No

Attached: 220px-Eggman_robotnik[2].png (220x310, 66K)

its been this way every time a new kirby game comes out, I can put the same shitpost with magolor, taranza, susie, hyness and the three mage sisters and its factual until the next game in the series. the stories aren't very deep and last only in their respective games.

This. Dedede could have been cool but he lost his personality in all but Smash after Sakurai and Shimomura left the Kirby series.

Attached: 1503857298666.gif (400x306, 1.47M)

But that's not BWD, that's the infinitely superior Sailor Dee

>He had such a complex personality.
In both SSU and BR, he's still the same scared, loyal and brave character.

So you don't have an argument? You think "trashing character is just the way it is you're a shitpost" even addresses the point?

Attached: 3068275_p0.png (580x380, 44K)

>Sailor Dee
Are you blind, user?

no, I just mean I don't even see an argument. I love the characters and games but I don't think they're anything in-depth minus susie honestly.

Attached: 1514152507561.jpg (200x200, 6K)

More like most based character in all of vidya

Attached: a1qstqv5wku21.jpg (742x960, 94K)

That’s called being an anti-hero, not a villian

yes if you are twelve, kirby is a garbage series for children

Attached: 1551460574233.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

>that entire Meta Knight section
If i’m remembering correctly, there’s a series of official Meta Knight novels that do exactly that

pepe is a garbage meme for children

Considering that the anime didn’t cause that to happen, I doubt it

>based
>gets throunced by an 8 ounce baby ball of fluff
Yeah thats a no from me cheif.
D3 is a planet destroyer fightimg in a reality ender's battle.

Attached: 1554503319061.png (594x365, 170K)

Indeed, especially since anime Dedede was such an asshole, he made normal Dedede look like a saint

Attached: 4819440419.png (550x770, 142K)

Why did anime dedede sound like a wealthy western oil tycoon?

hey peter

He’s a really enjoyable character, too bad most Dedede “fans” are people who just watched “those” two episodes and decided that was his entire character

Attached: BC0B0CB2-C13D-4327-BE0E-4BB6228B566E.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

I don’t know but I love it

Meta Knight had very clear personality, motivations, and way of presenting himself in Revenge of Meta Knight.
>wants to demonstrate his might and rule all
>supreme leader of the highly organized Meta-Knights; has them do most of his bidding
>extremely self-centered, hence his name, organization, and face ship
>takes himself very seriously
>every time he's seen he's doing something mysterious or intimidating
>despite his faults, he's dedicated to being fair and chivalrous 99% of the time
>has the power to back it all up
He exploded in popularity as the a genuinely cool, interesting, and serious character partly because you wouldn't expect someone like him to come out of a series with a protagonist like Kirby. Who he was is what made him so unique and captivating. Sakurai didn't just accidentally make a great character, he put a lot of thought into developing him.

Attached: 1445622580025.jpg (1920x1357, 459K)

That's pretty much just his character in Super Star.

This is too well-thought-out and well-written for Kumazaki-era Kirby games.

I think dedede should be a Saturday morning villain like people have already said and I want bandana dee to have an identity crisis, questioning whether he should be Kirby’s friend or Dedede’s servant

The problem is nothing is allowed to happen in Dream Land anymore just because it has a reputation as a peaceful place. King Dedede can't do anything but sit around. Even Meta Knight does nothing but sit around. Things can only happen TO Dream Land from space now, giving none of the main cast a time to shine and making the main setting of the series boring. Even though everything in Super Star that caused conflict, story, and originated from Dream Land, besides Nova.

kirby needs another ancient evil from within popstar desu

Honestly I think Triple Deluxe counts as a localized story

They can always bring Nightmare again

Attached: D1wuYaQUwAAIGid.jpg (750x839, 92K)

Hey, that's true. Sectonia was also the best villain since Daroach. It's just a shame that it took the game until the very last world to start establishing this well.

Attached: Antler Statue.jpg (400x240, 111K)

I really don't see what Kirby could do to make you happy? Return of the King sounds exactly like that. On Meta Knight's end the only way that they could positively progress with him is giving him his own game

Do you guys think if Haltmann wasn't killed he'd be like Dr.Phil

>I really don't see what Kirby could do to make you happy?
That's Kumazaki's problem too. It's surprising to me that Dream Land and its characters can't captivate some people's imaginations.
>Return of the King sounds exactly like that.
That was eleven years ago, and it was a remake of Kirby's Dream Land's extra mode.
>On Meta Knight's end the only way that they could positively progress with him is giving him his own game
Or, come up with a story in Dream Land. And, get this, the Meta-Knights can be a part of it.

Attached: 5673382_p0.jpg (363x305, 27K)

>Or, come up with a story in Dream Land. And, get this, the Meta-Knights can be a part of it.
ok then smartass tell me your ingenious idea for Meta Knight that can hit all of those points

Attached: knights.jpg (529x600, 298K)

The Meta-Knights uncover an ancient artifact that supercharges anyone that owns it, and they want it. However, it belongs the spirit of a long-dead princess that needs it to stay put in her tomb so she can find peace. With her tomb and treasure disturbed, the spirits of her long-gone kingdom are causing trouble in Dream Land. That concept took me one minute to come up with, with some care put into writing it the Meta-Knights can easily hit their high points, new characters, enemies, and lore can be explored, and Kirby has ample motivation to challenge Meta Knight and save the day.

Attached: 1469755381891.png (850x1005, 524K)

Why was Dark Matter blade such an autist?

Not even close.

Attached: robotnik gun.jpg (480x360, 18K)

A combination of being lonely, craving friendship, and everyone hating him for being creepy and a cruel person. Basically /ourguy/.

Attached: 41980142_p4_master1200.jpg (800x632, 96K)

He's not worth my disgust!

Attached: geesehoward-fatalfury-wildambition-full-artwork.jpg (879x1282, 611K)

Triple Deluxe

I liked his method of freeing Kirby from Sectonia, but he doesn't really do anything jerky in the game.

Super Star Ultra?

>dedede hasnt been the antagonist since the first game
Don't ignore the other games that came out after the first even if they are spinoffs. His latest reprisal of that role was Battle Royale and that came out about a year or two ago.

There was nothing heroic about his goals in Super Star. He was purely selfish.

Is that why every 16yr girl wants to fuck him?

Attached: 1555952124619.gif (225x225, 348K)

If a new anime were to come out this is how it should use it's characters
> When he goes mad and goes all-out against Kirby, he's invincible and ungodly strong. All Kirby can do is flee if Meta Knight reaches that point, but you really have to foil Meta Knight's entire plot to get him there.
This sounds pretty funny.

>has the ability to easily manipulate their form
>first thing they do is give themselves anime hair
what a legend

Attached: dayonnnn.jpg (768x768, 57K)

He wanted Dream land to stop being lazy and get their shit together, that’s heroic in its own selfish way

Attached: 1242141231231.jpg (783x1200, 772K)

t. fatass

Only because he wanted to turn Dream Land into Meta-Knight Land. Nobody but him and the people already following him wanted that.

Fuck off MK

Attached: metaknight base.png (958x721, 801K)

I think he probably just looks like that. If he could change his form he would probably give himself two eyes and some limbs instead of playing dress-up.

Attached: 48584899_p5_master1200.jpg (640x480, 164K)

Attached: ruff.png (1323x1102, 589K)

>Nobody but him and the people already following him wanted that.
The next time some cosmic horror attack Popstar, I'm sure the thing will also care about their opinions and what they want, it was too radical and misguided but is easy to see why he was frustrated with the people in Dream Land

Attached: Bad Boss Brothers.png (1536x1080, 1.61M)

>imply Dark Matter doesn't like looking like a shonen anime hero

Good picks, but I've got the real winner right here.

Attached: luca.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

bet

Attached: Dark Matter concept art.jpg (1280x918, 383K)

His primary goal wasn't to protect Dream Land, it was to remold it in his image.

L-Launchpad?

Makes me think how they could have tied Floraria to Popstar better by having Sectonia or someone mention how they know of a dreamland hero existing because of all the previous invaders being stopped, who knows what was happening in there back in the dark matter days

Do you ever just think about why Dark Matter came with Gooey? do you think he was temporarily disowned by daddy Zero for being a chuuni sperg?

Attached: gooson.png (760x623, 76K)

Attached: B35E20AD-40E6-4AF4-A4B9-F87914ABCB02.png (400x240, 203K)

Launchpad McDedede

>temporarily disowned by daddy Zero for being a chuuni sperg?
>Dark Matter is just a over powered sword autist

Attached: VERY BAD TOUCH.png (500x250, 97K)

When will they stop jerking off the lore and just put Kirby, DDD, and MK in cool situations? Hell, why not make a full-fledged Samurai Kirby game or something?

Attached: 59ba6907786a2.jpg (400x310, 81K)

as long as we agree that Shimomura had the best Dedede

Attached: I guess i'll leave then.gif (294x233, 612K)

>Nightmare
>evil from within popstar
debatable

Attached: Big Boye.jpg (502x400, 16K)

At least she gets art here and there, even if most is Zero related

Attached: D0VF-XsUwAAfxK7.jpg (840x1200, 101K)

>all of Ado's paintings are bosses from Dream Land 2
>Otaku Matter was probably the one possessing her
poor girl

Attached: Ado.jpg (142x220, 7K)

My queen Ripple folder is bigger than most of my other character folders, just because I always make sure to save any I come across

Attached: oho.png (500x566, 181K)

I blame the anime and Smash for that
Smash Meta seems to attract fujos like moths
Every single western fan of anime Meta is a borbfucker and they can never hide it. It's like that meme about fetish artists trying to make non-fetish art

Attached: metametaknight.png (658x423, 190K)

>Dak Matter probably forced the young girl to draw terrible shonen action anime versions of himself
My God...

>Dark Matter trying to live out his dream of being an anime protagonist
>brings along Gooey because he's the one person that hasn't rejected them yet
>Gooey ends up being a much better "protagonist"
>Dark Matter has a bitchfit and DL2 starts

Attached: where ya goin.png (1200x1000, 324K)

>Even gooey can see the absolute autism that brims from Dark Matter
>The reason he leaves for long periods of time is to entertain his older brother by larping as anime protags
>Being gooey is suffering
>He truly can't wait for Kirby to beat his shit in

>On Meta Knight's end the only way that they could positively progress with him is giving him his own game
i've been begging for a meta knight character action game where he talks with his smash voice and has tons of banter with the meta-knights.

>Smash voice
>Not Anime voice

So it's now the consensus that Dark Matter wasn't evil but just a autist having a sperg out?

what if that's how Drawcia came to be

Attached: scarf.jpg (972x632, 231K)

>Drawcia was just Ado drawing a waifu for Dark Matter

YOU HAVE MUCH YET TO LEARN.
his smash voice is way better.

>COME.
Hrnnng

Meta Knight voice discussion is so confusing when people don’t use nicknames. Japanese Meta Knight has the same voice in the anime and Smash, there are some out there that support Zorro Meta, and then there’s COME Meta

Well we do know someone draw her and Dark Matter seems like the kind of guy that would try that

Attached: 63022922_p33.jpg (1173x1200, 166K)

English Meta Knight is nice and all, but have you ever heard Japanese Meta Knight's laugh?

Attached: poyo.jpg (618x442, 59K)

Attached: DMCHQ.jpg (2048x1536, 305K)

While JPN Meta Knight's voice is very cute one cannot ignore the absolute masculinity and vocal sex that Smash Meta Knigh'ts voice exudes.

so edgy lol

>BEWARE, I LIVE
>RUN, COWARD
I don't know why, but I love this guy.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Me and my little brother used to play the absolute shit out of this one and Root Beer Tapper. Never got the objective though

>vocal sex
I'll say it again, have you ever listen to Japanese Meta Knight's laugh? but in all seriousness let's stop now, it's a Kirby character for fucks sake

Attached: swordfight.png (850x495, 320K)

cringe

>Dark Matter really didn't have to leave Dedede's body
>he just wanted an anime sword fight

Attached: dark meter.jpg (1024x832, 180K)

that's not hitler though

nyarly is actually a good villain, but people wouldn't know it from how /pol/tards always spam their le epic hitler meme in threads like these.

not a villian

>Dark Matter only possessed him so he could re-enact the scene Medusa Possession scene from soul eater
>He just thought possession would look cool he didn't know it would hurt him this much
>He didn't want this he just wanted to play as a anime hero

That remind me, does anybody have that one Mo~retsu Pupupu scene with Dark Matter Blade

Attached: CC7D40F0-8E9B-4754-AA9C-B10BC5638954.jpg (1024x640, 214K)

back Kirby 64 was still a recent game that was the common consensus between fans. something similar to
would also pop up often, but as an explanation for Zero(Two) instead of blade

Attached: googoo.png (1134x951, 191K)

>villain

No that's BWD

>absolutely nothing pops up when you look it up

Attached: shove.gif (566x352, 780K)

>cute
He just has a generic Anime voice.
He does make Clouds VA sound like an amateur though.

Now this is a great gif

It's the Tsubasa Bunko light novels that get talked about here every so often.
"Series of Meta Knight novels" is an exaggeration, but he was the focus of two books in the series and was the only character to get focus books.

I never really noticed it, but I have an issue with the fact that Meta Knight's been a really solitary character since the anime came out. Before it was the "Meta-Knights and their mysterious leader," now it's "Meta Knight! also he also has some lackeys I guess." wow, that picture, I haven't felt this entranced by Kirby fanart since I first saw pic related

Attached: Dark Matter Swordsman.jpg (1000x1000, 1.5M)

>""""""""""Villain"""""""""""

He doesn't do shit anymore and helps Kirby more often than not

Wow, this is one autistic Kirby thread. All I wanted was funny Dedede pictures, and instead I got this weird shit.

>wants more Dedede pictures but doesn’t ask for them

Attached: C1CB211D-A486-4B39-BD3C-270480D84239.jpg (2048x1152, 453K)

the fact that they have not already brought back best boy nightmare proves we’re living in the worst timeline

If there's another Kirby game I'd bet anything they bring back Nightmare
They've already pretty much scraped every other part of Kirby lore they possibly could for the modern games, he's pretty much the last place left to go

After watching every episode of the anime, i’m sick of him.

how? iirc he was barely in it

Keeping them as being friendly antagonists would be good. They're good people and Kirby's friends, but they all disagree on some things.

You know what, honestly it’s been so many years that I forgot why I got tired of him. I remember seething over the whole “Nightmare created Kirby and Meta Knight” thing when I was a kid, but i’d have to re-watch the show again to remember my reasons

Wasn't Kirby and Meta Knight being made by Nightmare just in-universe speculation that was never confirmed?