Bravil... home

Bravil... home

Where even the poor can live a comfy life.

Attached: TESIV_Location_Bravil_1.png (1366x768, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Responsibility
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actually choosing to live in Cyroddil's Detroit
Anvil is life, Chorrol is hometown.

Attached: 1504208753218.png (450x495, 156K)

>a swamp made of plague flies
Worst town, even if it had the most unique building structures.

>anvil
Literally haunted town ripe for knife ear invasion by land or sea
>Chorrol
Crazy dog lady town, fur everywhere

Attached: pol_village.jpg (1440x900, 230K)

they cute

uma delicia

Cheydinhal was the best town.

Comfy

Attached: 8a61905c74faef6ad9b46ca90f86f0c0db95d0a1_hq.jpg (1024x640, 119K)

You either lived in Bruma or were a milk drinker.

Attached: tcoc_bruma_city.jpg (1280x1024, 439K)

Watching that Argonian steal the food and then get slaughtered by half the town was pretty cool. Too bad it's like the only example of this happening in the game and so I suspect it's more scripted than the "magical radiant AI" that Todd promised

No, it's random. Certain NPCs will try to steal things but guards can't actually arrest them, so they'll just kill them as punishment instead.

It's not scripted and she's not the only NPC that can do it. If an NPC has a responsibility setting of 30 or below, they could commit crime, I.e pick-pocketing or stealing from around them if they wanted something but didn't have it in their inventory.

In oblivion during "eat" sections of an NPCs schedule, they'd actually "use" food in their inventory (in skyrim an animation just gets played). The argonian in question hardly ever had food in her inventory, so when she entered the eat part of her schedule, and because she had low responsibility, she would attempt to steal food from her surroundings or other NPCs.

Ongar in Bruma would get up to the same thing. I've watched him get punched to death because he tried to pickpocket the blacksmith while in the little shack tavern.

Attached: 2cee97997d8efedd131ef6715a311d10.jpg (678x574, 108K)

>not living in your shitty starter shed, which is easy access and next to the best dungeon in the game for quick item farming.
I like the DLC homes, but never lived on them. Same thing with Skyrim, if that Whiterun home had an enchanting table it'd be the best home in the game.

Attached: CriminalScum.jpg (580x426, 129K)

TRAVELLER
SKOOMA
*Laughter*

>your shitty starter shed, which is easy access and next to the best dungeon in the game for quick item farming.
Explain. I'm guessing you're talking about the waterfront.

can NPCs steal from the player?

The Chorrol tavern is the only place that welcomed me for leveling up. In my first playthrough i didnt even knew you could buy houses

Attached: tcoc_chorrol_healer.jpg (1280x1024, 514K)

Dzonot Cave? Something like that, always called it donut cave. Has the most chests/enemies for a tiny 2-section dungeon, and a dungeon boss (has levelled enchanted items). You can run the whole thing and loot everything in about 2 mins. Instant cool items or money, resets every 4(?) days.

Not sure on that one I'm afraid. I just know 100% they can attempt to steal from NPCs or their surroundings if they have a low responsibility setting.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Responsibility

Sadly, this attribute was completely removed in the simplified radiant AI present in skyrim.

Attached: 1429567135853.jpg (780x624, 71K)

Cool. I've been rushing through the old 360 copy to get all achievements. Finished Fighter's Guild and Arena, about to start Dark Brotherhood to level stealth stuff before I do Thief's Guild. After that is Mage's Guild, which I'm slowly leveling all of my skills by casting nonstop shit while I walk.

If you have a bounty you can fast travel to dzonot cave wait til 11pm then swim to the waterfront to pay it off.

>Responsibility

Motherfucker how have i sunk thousands of hours into this fucking game and still occasionally find out new shit I never even had a notion of.

Fuck sake Oblivion, how did you end up so RIGHT.

muh nigga

Imagine if they'd built on interesting dynamic npc behaviour like this instead of shouts and dragons.

Oblivions setting may be less interesting than morrowind's, but its damn comfier imho

I think the soundtrack makes most of it. It gets you comfy in towns and ready for adventure when you explore and fight

First game I installed on my Xbone X, still got my day 1 copy. I know it's common knowledge, but the zero weight summon armour/weapons will cheese that game, plus claymore swing speed is calculated by weight. Have fun user.

Attached: 360_moonwalk.gif (300x200, 34K)

Anvil is objectively the best town for both comfort and utility.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 163K)

The behavior is vestigial at best in Oblivion. The vast majority of players wouldn't even notice the behavior. It's no wonder they just removed it in Skyrim.

I'm tempted to go get Umbra, but I have no idea if I might fuck it up by going too early or whatever. Oblivion has weird scaling shit going on.

what ENB is this

Wrong, Even with hundreds of hours in both games and even with the age difference Oblivion's towns and world feel way more alive then Skyrim's. Sure the AI may have been silly at times but when your playing the game it still works amazingly well in the background. Skyrim's wandering NPCs are shit and nothing feels very fluid in its towns.

Attached: 1462329064158.png (1040x1040, 554K)

>not Kvatch

Kvatch...home

Attached: Kvatch.jpg (1112x626, 80K)

There's a really HQ mod that allows you to rebuild it and make it your base, can't play Oblivion without it.