Smash Rosterfaggot thread, keep it contained here (P2)

Last thread was furiously discussing why Banjo is a never ever, Steve is a never ever and why Smash DLC from now on will only PROMOTE relevant characters with a future —> continue

Attached: 159B99FC-7F74-4B60-A064-4B86E84415B9.jpg (1000x1000, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/181228g/2
youtube.com/watch?v=q9cQN58jc24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for banjo

Rolling for 7

Attached: 9D052181-3C60-4AE3-8108-8258889E0FE9.jpg (850x510, 215K)

... Fucking kill me, did this just happen AGAIN?

Let's make this fun & let's try & push an interesting & unique theme. Try & think of a DLC lineup ( 4 characters ) only made of characters that have a legacy of never returning in their home series to begin with, whether there is fan request for it or not. Geno is the most obvious example, but you don't have to include him, as long as you can find 4 other cases of characters kind of like him in the aforementioned regard.

Attached: dlc.jpg (1257x384, 129K)

HE'S IN

I want X as my most wanted DLC fighter. I know right now he's a spirit but it's his 25th anniversary so who knows if Capcom & Nintendo worked something out. Also Doomguy's celebrating his 25th anniversary as well. Both should be in.

now this would be an absolutely based lineup

Bomberman (maybe)
Banjo & Kazooie
Glover
Midna

Reimu has an official game coming to the Switch now. There's no reason why she couldn't be in at this point. She has the history, legacy, influence, popularity, uniqueness, everything is there.

Attached: 1549590019916.jpg (560x750, 249K)

Rolling for 4 Shantae will get in the Fighter Pass

Attached: Shantae 2018.jpg (886x1181, 639K)

Has Reimu been on any other Nintendo console or handhelds?

7 and 7 , Banjo is MAGIC I tell you

I keep the stance that Banjo is not getting in over Battletoads, Minecraft and Halo. I will even go as far as saying that a Microsoft rep is unlikely.
I don't see why they would bother visiting a Western company to get a character from a franchise whose last game was 10 years ago, and even Rare doesn't have plans nor the enthusiasm to work on a sequel, when they are currently working on Battletoads.
I also trust the Mii Costume theory that we are, in fact, getting a Square Enix character, a Capcom character and a Namco character.

She appeared on a few Taiko games on 3DS. Besides that, she has bunch of spin-off games on the Switch, but Touhou 15.5 on the Switch marks her first official game on a Nintendo console

Attached: steveposter is a reddittard.jpg (592x422, 23K)

What about a Rhythm Heaven rep?

Banjo would bring more hype and attention to Smash than something boring and predictable like Erdrick or a shill character like Joker.

... you posted this earlier, Conveying what exactly?

>appeared in Mario Maker
>appeared in Splatoon 2 as a special splatfest
>appeared in Animal Crossing as a huge series of furniture among other Sanrio
>is one of the most popular characters in the world
Face it, pic related

Attached: confirmed.png (1200x1200, 232K)

>Banjo
>More hype than Joker from Persona or Erdrick from Dragon Quest
There's being delusional and then being retarded.

Any character would bring attention to Smash. And lol, comparing Banjo to Persona and Dragon Quest, seriously?

Fuck yeah, finally some pussy to smash

Honestly OP I'm more interested in whatever that picture you just posted is.

Anyway, I want Kunio-kun.

Attached: file.png (250x250, 83K)

Not enough hype for a DLC character.

Attached: TheRealDynamicDuo.png (2220x1080, 908K)

Mickey Mouse because I got the characters I wanted I just want you all to suffer

Attached: 1512363086958.png (1000x994, 597K)

You are? Because it’s scrapped prototype content from a game I’m making. What do you like about it? I think it’s ugly and generic

Zeke assist trophy when

Attached: Cole-Mcgrath.jpg (1355x1920, 362K)

Not him but I find it intriguing. It has its charm.

The internet blew up when K. Rool was announced, and he and Banjo stopped appearing in the same year. Maybe Erdrick would be big in Japan, but Joker's game barely sold 2 million. Banjo has a nostalgia and sales number advantage.

I wanted pussy, not mice.

It looks strange and has an discomforting feel. I like RPGmaker games that are weird/horrific.

Wow, thanks a lot!

I said it before and I'll say it again. There's a fair possibility of Agumon being Brave

Attached: Agumon.jpg (2000x1667, 288K)

Here's who I want fellow anons
>Geno
>Hector
>Professor Layton (pretty much)
>Midna

Attached: smash wishlist 2.jpg (1908x1760, 1.36M)

Alright, in that case it seems I did something right because that’s what I aimed for to be honest, I’ll think about the style some more then, but for now I still have to further develop the gameplay

Is there actually someone ITT who would object to his inclusion?

Attached: super_smash_bros__ultimate___phoenix_wright.jpg (1024x576, 89K)

7 equals Shantae getting in the Fighter Pass.

Tell me the moveset and I’ll think about it

No. I don't support him but he wouldn't be too out there compared to other "likely" characters.

7 seems to be reserved for Banjo, it’s /v Lore, isn’t it?

>a FOURTH Capcom fighter
other than that, sure. Does he do court stuff as his attacks?

Attached: 62347242.png (1200x1200, 725K)

>Sephiroth

Attached: 563784947398393.gif (500x281, 974K)

Persona and DQ had the advantage of having continuous releases over the years, having different media adaptations and overall keep growing as franchises. Plus BK was never as big as DK, i dont mind Banjo but making him bigger than he actually is is counterproductive as it pretty much provokes laziness in his fanbase. They seem content with his current status which seems a bit disappointing.

Change Square to Dragon Quest, I think that's more Likely

Phoenix would be a bit of a sluggish zoner character but with some hard-hitting moves. No Turnabout Mode gimmick like in MvC3 because we have enough meter characters.
It'd also be awesome if he had an Edgeworth echo.
>B: Court Record
Phoenix Wright looks through a binder and chucks out various pieces of evidences at opponents. Autopsy reports, testimonies, even up the a bloodied knife as a murder weapon. Something like Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit, though I'm not too sure how it could be different.
Edgeworth would open up his Organizer instead.
>Side B: Objection! / Hold It! / Take That!
Wright steps back does one of three hand-gestures: his iconic finger point, holding his palm forward, or letting his hand fly out. This is based on the level of charge. With it comes a respective Objection!/Hold It!/Take That! speech bubble, with its own disjointed hitbox from Wright. Based on the charge time, the speech bubble will be larger and go further away from right. Something like Palutena's Explosive Flame, but could be modulated more
>Down B: Assistant Call
Phoenix Wright is taken aback as either Maya, Trucy, or Ema Skye come out of nowhere and blindside him. Choosing which assistant would be handled like the Monado Dial, with their profiles being selectable. Maya would rush forward with a Zelda-like magic effect, Trucy would perform some sort of magic trick on the opponent, and Ema would unleash a Luminol blast.
Edgeworth instead has Gumshoe, Franziska and Kay. Gumshoe flashes his badge, Franziska unleashes her whip, and Kay sneaks behind the opponent and kicks them.
>Up B: Stepladder (or is it just a ladder?)
Wright pulls a ladder/stepladder out of thin air, climbs up it, and hops off. When the ladder is used on ground, it can be knocked over and used as a platform.
>Final Smash
Literally MvC3's, but with a textbox.
Edgeworth's would be Logic Chess-themed instead.

Reminder that Doomguy is THE chad rep and is the Ryu of FPS.

It’s alright user, I suppose better than any random swordfighter. I would love to see some more tricky movesets myself though, Duck hunt characters and the like

I haven't thought of a fully-fledged moveset yet, but his neutral game would involve pointing, slamming and sneezing.

As far as specials go, Objection! is a must, could be just a strong move in general or something that cancels enemy attacks.

Present Evidence could be a cool randomized move similar to G&W's Judgement attack (presenting the Attorney's Badge would be the weakest outcome and presenting some murder weapon like the Thinker statue would be quite strong), but make it like 4-5 possible outcomes to differentiate it from G&W's move.

I'm at a loss for recovery, Step Ladder maybe?

Also, one of his specials should incorporate Maya or Gumshoe.

I don't care what his moveset is, as long as it isn't as overly complicated as his kit in MVC3.

Attached: f9ffcdaf4e9a7d7a9efba976f8270c9c0a35aa87v2_hq.jpg (800x504, 54K)

Halo says hallo

Go for it. All you needa do is keep in mind that core feeling of not-quite-right. Any game like this worth its salt makes the player feel uncomfortable.

This desu. Much as I would love having Sephiroth in the game, I just don't see them passing up the chance to get such a fuckhuge series like Dragon Quest in there.

Kefka though... the REAL JOKER

I mean I love that nigga too but we ain't even got Terra yet.

yeah, a lineup of basedboys

These threads are funny.

I think Wright's normals could be just as flavorful as his specials, alongside his cosmetic representation:
>Dash Attack
Wright walks forward inquisitively while slapping a piece of paper.
>Forward Smash
Wright points and shouts "objection!", as he usually does. Tipper at the end of his finger.
>Down Smash
A courtroom desk appears underneath Phoenix as he slams onto it. The desk when it appears sends the opponent up, and when Wright slams, it launches them normally.
>Grab
Wright flashes Maya's Magatama, and the opponent is bound in chains and a Psyche-lock.
>Pummel
Wright yells stuff like "Tell me the truth!" or "Let it out!" at the opponent while their Psyche-lock quivers.
>Throws
More gesticulating while the opponent's Psyche-lock breaks.
Aerials are the hardest part, though he could have a downwards sneezing move (similar to what he has in MvC3). He could probably swing around a briefcase at points, too.
>Up Taunt
Phoenix enjoys a cup of dark-colored coffee.
>Side Taunt
Phoenix scratches his chin, and he's startled, as if he had come upon a unsightly realization.
>Down Taunt
Phoenix strikes a pose with Maya, Trucy, or Ema.
>Victory
All victory animations feature a constant flow of confetti, while a "Not Guilty" verdict appears on screen.
His victory theme could taken from the case victory theme for the first game, or a remix of his T&T objection theme, which pretty much is his motif nowadays.
>Alts
Older Phoenix
Hobo Phoenix
Feenie Phoenix
Sissel-themed Phoenix

Okay, this fucking shit is scripted, come on.

Attached: 1541690859457.jpg (480x474, 17K)

if I roll a 6, he's in

Attached: download.jpg (188x268, 6K)

How, it can’t?!

REMINDER THAT SAKURAI HAS NEVER BEEN DENIED A CHARACTER
THIS MEANS THAT SAKURAI GETS WHOEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS

THIS ALSO MEANS THAT
>PATTERNS
MEAN ABSOLUTE FUCK ALL YOU DUMBASS ROSTERFAGGOTS

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF BANJO IS IRRELEVANT, ERDRICK IS UNKNOWN IN THE WEST, STEVE LACKS EMOTION, JOKER HASN'T TOUCHED A NINTENDO CONSOLE, ANY WESTERN CHARACTER WASN'T BORN IN JAPAN, ETC., ETC., ETC.
NONE OF IT FUCKING MATTERS YOU DIPSHITS.
LITERALLY ANYONE CAN GET IN SO STOP ACTING LIKE PATTERNS MEAN FUCKALL WHEN IT COMES TO MASAHIRO "SAYS RIDLEY IS TOO BIG AND THEN PUTS HIM IN THE GAME" SAKURAI

GODDAMN

Attached: 1553838293246.png (1664x542, 134K)

Is OPs image from a game?

Attached: 1540859766368.jpg (576x546, 43K)

Absolutely seething

0 for Steve, fitting

Scrapped prototype footage from a game I’m developing, it doesn’t exist... yet

Attached: F949542A-E4A7-4A0E-BAF7-86110D40B270.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

He is fucking in. Take that patternfags.

Attached: Shrek.jpg (200x200, 8K)

It looks strange and mystical. I like it.

If this game become as popular as Undertale or Minecraft, include me in the screencap.

Wow, you went really into detail with this, I like it. I especially like the magatama/psyche-locke grab, it's just a perfect fit. Now that you've laid it all out like this, I'd be even more bummed if he won't be playable this time.

Attached: 649k96u7uq821.png (960x600, 560K)

Basically I was trying out if I could create art assets, as I never did it before. Making a game on your own is frustrating if you have no one to hire

Attached: C529E711-1B14-4577-9312-439A04667394.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

Next thread I'll make sure to be the first poster rolling for a 7. I'll finally break their flawless combo.

Attached: 1542759614445.jpg (1024x819, 84K)

And I fucking hate the minions... that’s all folks

Attached: E2AAB3D6-1428-46F7-8B8F-7F2122D3D56C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

Attached: Smash Ult Pass.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

based and ragepilled

Wasn't there a recent leak showing all the options given to Sakurai by Nintendo? From some reliable soure?

Attached: 1556200051493.jpg (1080x1349, 73K)

Only if Banjo is in

Source... of pic?

Yeah I hear you. Just having one or two other people helping can make a big difference.

I wish I knew

YOUR FAGGOT BEAR WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH HAHAHAHAHA

Oh no bros. Cubefags are getting desperate

Attached: 23523535.png (510x546, 15K)

Nobody wants this character
Not the West
Not Japan
The port only just started development
Definitely after DLC negotiations

Attached: 1543561358668.jpg (1411x945, 171K)

Maybe I should make a dead bear then, I’ll make him a insignificant NPC, basically like the Pirate was in Tooie

No Nintendo history

>Bayonetta
>Joker
Reggie even said that Nintendo history is not a limiting factor.

cloud and joker have no history with nintendo either outside of 1-2 games. your point?
i dont even want reimu in because id rather not have the touhou fanbase be overhelmed with smashfags, but at this point any character can get in and anyone who thinks that they can predict the next one is a fucking fool

>>Bayonetta
>>No Nintendo history

Attached: 1550729133341.jpg (249x250, 6K)

All it takes is Sakurai and Nintendo to want her in you ballottard

Bayonetta is half-owned by Nintendo you turbo retard

ZUN wouldn't want her in

Right, Bayo started as a PS3 and 360 exclusive

Don't really care about Dragon Quest but this is the best possible outcome all things considered.

And a NoA rep said the DLC will be must haves
Doesnt apply to Reiwho

>Halo
>starting FPS
Halo and Master Chief wouldn't be even thoughts without Doom and Doomguy.

If you're not backing a highly requested character or a character who is from a franchise big enough to get included regardless of the community you honestly should just quit and go home.

This whole "My tastes are niche and different and therefore friggin superior" fuckery is one of the more obnoxious trends that Yea Forums rosterfag have developed.

You are sitting here circlejerking about how unique, special, and so much better than rosterfags you are for wanting characters that have even less of a chance than the usual Smash community picks. You aren't above rosterfags like you think you are, you're a new annoying breed of rosterfag.

Attached: 1518951706741.jpg (2218x2218, 526K)

And then, became a Nintendo exclusive. It automatically has history with Nintendo, idiot

and that doesnt apply to the bear either. steves game is relevant but steve himself is also a literal who. the only non literal who left is master chief and crash

generals belong on /vg/

Attached: 1530723485321.jpg (1260x1775, 1.53M)

So basically you want everyone to tow the line and join in with the circlejerk. God forbid people having different opinions or tastes, you must accept the top shill picks, or else.

Honestly the most retarded post I've ever read.

>steves game is relevant but steve himself is also a literal who
Holy projection

Attached: dab.png (1423x718, 1.16M)

Your pics can stay though, post more

You don't have to accept the top community picks or successful franchises receiving reps but you're a fucking honest to God retard if you think you can do a fucking thing about them trampling all over your extra-literally whos

Attached: 91354363473924.jpg (1242x1218, 87K)

Square Enix / Final Fantasy and Atlus / SMT have tons of history with Nintendo
Touhou has nothing

no

Attached: 1526063837368.jpg (603x1122, 173K)

Here comes the patternfaggotry once again
>ign.com/articles/2018/12/07/nintendo-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
>Fils-Aime explained that Sakurai and the team working on Ultimate’s DLC don’t necessarily see characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo as a limiting factor when it comes to Smash Bros.

Cope, there's still arguable connection with Joker
Reimu has none

>N-nooooooooooo I want my waifu in smash too waaaaaa
>Actual arguments against my bullshit excuses?
>>P-PATTERNFAGS WAAAAA

>This image
OMG IM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR HELP ME

A connection that you pulled out of your ass. Joker is, for all intents and purposes, a Persona rep. There was no SMT music, no SMT spirits, no Jack Frost Mii costume, nothing to reference SMT at all. He was included solely for Persona.

What do you think Persona is dickhead

Attached: 1535385750522.png (1008x214, 38K)

But he DID reject character ideas like Takamaru because of popularity overseas.
Although you're right, anyone can get in, so everyone stfu and don't become obssessed posters like and all of his sinful brethen

Are you ok?

Persona is Megami Tensei, not SMT. Yes, there is a difference, actually play the fucking games.
And what you're showing is literally just wastern marketing

>not SMT
it says SMT right there dumbass

>Joker is, for all intents and purposes, a Persona rep.
Not quite. He is a Persona 5 rep specifically. The whole concept of Joker's challenger pack is "Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Persona 5," not "Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Shin Megami Tensei: Persona"

Attached: 159.png (777x677, 635K)

Persona has been completely removed from the SMT franchise. If Nintendo association was so important, they would have picked Jack Frost instead, but they didn't. I don't even know why you're trying to argue this point still, as it's an irrefutably false one

So when Sakurai said DLC was picked by Nintendo, did he mean just NCL or Nintendo as a whole?

As I said, it was western marketing. The "SMT" is not present in the Japanese cover

If your character has no status and unsubstantial fan demand before the smash ballot closed you better be ready to commit to 3+ games of character fagging if you hope to get a single fucking shitnugget of fanservice. You're off the radar and have literally no chance of pushing a character into Ultimate, the cut off to have a chance was nearly half a decade ago (or to be a part of an iconic or currently successful franchise and get lucky) and you're only starting to pipe up now.

Honestly I'm sure the vast majority of you are doing this because of rosterfagging drama more than a desire to see a specific character in the game. Because if you cared at all about the characters getting in you would have made some noise before now and would be considering shit like this without needing to be told.

But it's there nonetheless

>Persona has been completely removed from the SMT franchise
Not him, but
1: SMT is not the franchise
2: That's not how it works at all, dumbass

Yes, but it doesn't mean shit. There was zero SMT content in Smash

Attached: 426246344333.png (450x388, 46K)

So what's the point in "backing" or "supporting" a character if you think they have a good shot regardless of fan input? Why not do that for a character you really love?

Attached: Kirby.png (174x307, 96K)

What about SMT: Persona 4 and SMT: Persona 3? Pretty sure they got content

Attached: 1553596131475.jpg (1528x2155, 546K)

Because Joker or any Persona character in general has been the top of character polls for the past 3 games, right? Get the fuck outta here. The ballot is done.

>After all this time, you so called "Video game enthusiasts" still don't know how the Megami Tensei franchise works
How

Attached: v8511s4d7cfz.jpg (554x555, 20K)

The only ones I've played are SMT 1 and 2 on the SNES. And Jack Bros if that counts.

Nice reading comprehension stupid

There were Persona 3 and 4 content. But not SMT.

Bruh it says SMT right there

It's almost like being able to duke it out with your favorite characters is the entire appeal of the game.

There's quite literally no point in backing characters unless they already have substantial fan demand or you're prepared to grow substantial fan demand over the course of the next several Smash games.

If you didn't rally for the ballot you don't deserve to get your character in. Nintendo made it explicitly clear that you could vote for any Vidya character no matter how impossible or nonsensical and that they'd take it into consideration for smash 4 dlc and future titles. Shouting into forums is not a valid avenue of fan demanding your character into the game. They explicitly told you how to submit requests in a way that they'd consider them and you already missed the boat for Ultimate DLC by several months.

Your contrarian uprising means less than nothing due to poor timing.

t. absolutely seething Isaac/Geno/Goombafag

>and even if Nintendo was looking at gaming forums for suggestions you already missed the boat for Ultimate DLC by several months. *

Bruh, go bait your momma's pussy, it'll be the only smile you could put on her ugly face since the first time you said "mama"

Who are you referring to exactly? Edrick?

Based as fuck

How's it feel that your giga-who has even less of a chance than those 3 shitbirds?

I purposefully try to delude myself into believing Persona is Shin Megami Tensei to cope with the total lack of mainline content in Smash Bros. I may be delusional, but i'm at least honest about it. Let me continue lying to myself please.

An entire class of rosterfags not one group in particulsr, the people I am mocking know who they are.

This is just embarrassing. I sincerely hope no one here actually thinks that all their shouting and "backing" and "supporting" is actually affecting the odds of any character getting in at this stage. Even when the ballot was open, the character's they've added so far show that fan demand means almost nothing.

List some characters please. Most of the characters I see posted here had some call to uprising during the ballot.

The virgin Edrick vs The Chad Slime

I know user but people still think shouting about these characters in the wrong place years late matters.

Considering he has a bigger chance than being deconfirmed x3, I'd say I'll take the odds

I really don't get what people posting polls hope to prove when usually almost none of those characters are in in and those polls are strikingly missing Joker and Piranha Plant. Nintendo is a big company. They understand marketing research and statistics. They should know that those polls aren't usable as descriptive research in learning what peoples actual thoughts and opinions are.

If it's a successful or iconic series I genuinely wish you luck. But remember it's effectively a truly random selection from all of the franchises in gaming that meet that benchmark.

If your character doesn't meet that benchmark of success or doesn't have fan demand either pack up and go home or start playing the long game of building support, hopefully you can get them in by Smash 8.

Give me travis and monster hunter.

As much as I'd like to see Travis, he was deconfirmed by Suda himself. This isn't a 100% definitive never ever chance, but it may as well be, sadly.

Go back to Smashboards

That's just called having support everywhere bud ;)

I think Steve would be really cool

Attached: 9E846B37-4F00-4CE5-82F1-96A926021184.jpg (894x894, 50K)

Banjo “supporters” on Yea Forums are in it for the shitposts

Attached: 1556073446539.png (845x463, 246K)

I'm insulted that you expected me to fall for this

Memes aside, I think I would actually be pretty happy with Steve getting in, and I don't even play Minecraft. Maybe i'll pick up Minecraft if he gets in so I can better appreciate the character.

Steve would have a very creative moveset and be a diverse addition to smash

I warned you about brown bricks bro

Can these shitty rosterfag threads just get 404’d already

>literally just a villager/young/toon link clone with a block placing mechanic.
So original.

>SMT
Really moving those goalposts, huh? Even if the Persona series was a spin-off from SMT, it hardly means anything today since Persona is a full-fledged series in its own right and it hasn't been featured on Nintendo systems up until the upcoming musou.

Meanwhile, Reimu has been featured in Taiko no Tatsujin which was released for Nintendo 3DS, and fan games have already been released on Nintendo eShop. Seems like you're the one coping, seethefag.

The banjo vs Steve “””war””” is the most dumbest fucking shit imaginable, it’s like politics but more autistic

Attached: B60C45B5-02B5-472F-8BAB-032A63FA97BA.png (227x500, 20K)

Someone’s never played Minecraft before

>Ender pearl to teleport

You know what fuck
>Steve
>Banjo
>Isaac
>Reimu
>Doomguy
This is your dlc character fuckers

Attached: CEEC441D-0DBD-4083-8F9B-DE43705977D1.jpg (321x321, 40K)

during the very early stages of the switch marketing, one of the ways they tried to get third parties on board was to offer a spot in smash as DLC if they brought games to the switch, 5 companies announced support for the switch in 2016

-sega (has a rep) (joker)
-square enix (probably is getting a rep) (erdrick)
-bethesda (doomguy)
-ubisoft (ezio)
-level 5 (jibanyan)

this is what sakurai meant by saying that nintendo picked the DLC
see you at E3

Attached: 1512905686816.jpg (500x375, 34K)

Both Persona and SMT are spin-off series

>Jibanyan
Yokai Watch was a manga before anything else. The shitty bootleg Pogeyman is disqualified

>doomvirgin instead of skyrimCHAD

>square enix (probably is getting a rep)
VENI
VENI
VENIAS
NE ME MORI FACIAS

Attached: 346243234646.jpg (241x298, 11K)

Thanks. It's cute

TODD!

Grow the fuck up and open your eyes

Attached: 20190323_211208.gif (320x320, 3M)

Unlocking characters in this game is so fucking tiresome. I got a switch more than a week ago and even with constantly suiciding I still dont have everyone unlocked

What is even the point? Everyone just did the suicide grind to unlock people so why even bother? It's just an added degree of tedium

Cryingzoomer.png

Attached: __ness_and_porky_minch_mother_game_and_etc_drawn_by_shunin__sample-6287c7038abb32bfebe1b5d0c3ca2411. (850x565, 138K)

Did you unlock everyone without constantly committing suicide? Did you actually have fun doing it?

I dont mind characters being unlockable but only starting with 8 out of 74 is fucking absurd

What does suiciding mean? Are you killing yourself on the first stage so you don't have to finish it?

I actually made a second account on my Switch just to unlock everyone all over again. I think it's fun and I appreciate the careful way unlocks were structured in the game.

Rolling is a bannable offense, dumbass.

The most efficient way to unlock characters is to start a 1 stock 2 player match and have one player kill themselves. Fight the challenger, then reset the application. Even then it's still a tedious grind

Yes
Yes

Took me maybe two days. Git gud.

Also suiciding for unlocks is barely faster and significantly more annoying and boring. No wonder you didn't have fun, you approached the situation in the most anti-fun way possible.

rolling for 7

Nice

Attached: Smugachu.png (259x335, 77K)

What's the best alternative then?

The Banjonumber!

I did classic mode and multiplayer with my friends

Joker isn't a must-have.

REMINDER THAT JAPAN CARES MORE WANTS BANJO THAN STEVE
>Japanese Smash 3DS/Wii U DLC Poll (Top 10/ September 2015)
King K. Rool - 115 votes
Wolf - 97 votes
Roy - 90 votes
Waddle Dee - 82 votes
Inklings -72 votes
Snake - 62 votes
Magolor - 58 votes
Ice Climbers - 51 votes
Geno - 51 votes
Banjo and Kazooie - 51 votes
sourcegaming.info/2015/09/13/japantopdlcpt2/
>Japanese Smash Ultimate DLC Poll (Top 10/December 2018)
Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 79 votes
Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - 60 votes
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby) - 43 votes
Geno (Super Mario RPG) - 33 votes
Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie) - 32 votes
2B (NieR: Automata) - 30 votes
Hunter (Monster Hunter) - 30 votes
Dante (Devil May Cry) - 28 votes
Sans (Undertale) - 22 votes
Homura (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) - 20 votes
news.denfaminicogamer.jp/kikakuthetower/181228g/2

Single player modes in smash are boring as fuck and always have been

I'm glad you are in a situation where you can play multiplayer with your friends frequently but all of my friends and I are adults with careers so unfortunately none of us really have the time to unlock everyone normally esp with the "you can only unlock a character every 10 minutes" cap

I think we're really coming down to the wire with what may still be added as dlc. Looking at the way it's structured, there isn't a ton of 1st party characters left that would fit well as dlc, and most of them are either spirits or assists, including many 3rd parties like Geno and Bomberman. As for 3rd parties, it seems that Dante and Travis were already disconfirmed by their respective owners, and I think maybe Steve, but i'm still not clear on that. After Joker, I can't help but feel like another Megaten rep after Joker is unlikely too. I would say the more likely series to get a character are:
>Dragon Quest
>Resident Evil
>Chrono Trigger
>Banjo Kazooie
>Halo
>Touhou
>Tales
>Tekken
>Ninja Gaiden
>Dynasty Warriors
>Dead or Alive
>Digimon
>Kingdom Hearts
>Doom
>Elder Scrolls
>Fallout
>Ace Attorney
>Yokai Watch
>Professor Layton
>Okami
>Another series I'm not considering

Out of these series I feel like Dragon Quest is the most likely by far due to common sense and additional supporting evidence, but I feel mostly stumped after that.

Attached: goofyboner.png (310x203, 54K)

Too bad they hate him now

Attached: D5QFUDCWkAAlkxu.jpg (704x1200, 126K)

I hope raichu gets in heavier pikachu wouldbecool

I don't care who gets in, I only hope that it's none of the popular fan choices so all the adults who are still obsessed with the smash roster get a reality check. The level of autism I see on a daily basis is surreal. Everyone is still stuck on franchises that died 10-20+ years ago. You are a grown up now, it is time to stop clinging to your childhood. Stop looking to a kids game for validation.

You really sound like the guy who would pay for gold or level up services in MMOs. Just accept that not everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

>no context
Go back to your Discord

Attached: 1549553091252.jpg (300x192, 18K)

Meanwhile, they were crying about Rex not getting in. They wanted Chrom while we wanted Dark Samus and Bandanna Dee is at the top of their lists.
Japan has awful taste

Why does it seem like nobody else wants Loudred? He would be really cool with a sound based moveset. He could defeat his opponents with screams as well as generally thrash and stomp opponents. He'd also rep Generation 3 Pokemon which isn't really repped yet.

Attached: 250px-294Loudred.png (250x250, 65K)

cute gif

Lol fuck off NEET. I like unlockables when the process isnt extremely tedious and grindy, which is what Ultimate is.

Master Chief is more iconic than Doomguy.

Deoxys is better. Loudred is the ugliest pokémon of all time.

Attached: Loudred-detective-pikachu.png (772x1000, 580K)

You'll be able to get all the characters from either playing through WoL or through Classic. It's really cool how they have it set up for unlocking characters through classic too. Characters mostly get added in a fairly sensical order so you don't have weird rosters as it slowly grows, like for example, you can't get Dark Pit before Pit.

Attached: kJbs0SV.jpg (1589x1900, 796K)

>fighting brain dead AI on goofy as fuck walk off scrolling stages with items on with a terrible giant boss at the end shoved into a game that wasnt designed for bosses

Wow so fun

>No Rock Star

>literally one rando is everyone in the country

Yeah, I'm thinking she's in.

Attached: 1539684775345.jpg (800x1066, 369K)

Pretty fun when you play it with your friends, and it gives everyone a chance to get used to a lot of characters.

You never played the game, have you?

>32 votes

I was really debating on adding Rock Star. Which track would you replace?

Sure, smash is absolutely a blast with friends. That's what I got it for.

But no one who has real adult responsibilities will unlock everyone in a reasonable time frame without grinding.

I unlocked them all in less than a day. You just have 0 patience. Either that, or you're terrible at vidya

Just take your time. No need to rush things. Enjoy the game. It will be a while before the next one anyways. You don't need to have all the characters in an afternoon. You waited half a year for Joker, you can wait 10 minutes for each of these other characters.

I REALLY hope DMC5 gets ported to the Switch, plus DMC HD Collection or that we get a spinoff starring the DMC girls or DMC x Bayonetta proper or something, so that pic related can finally be in Smash. I still haven't bought Joker yet but I hate how he really seems kinda like a discount Dante in terms of moveset. They actually had the gall to give him Rainstorm.

Attached: Dante.png (504x880, 333K)

Would DMC5 be able to run on switch without massive downgrades? 60fps is an absolute necessity for that type of game

Dante in smash would be fuckin sick tho

Why does rayman have no support

Attached: 21D89188-A6BE-4D06-B274-C8FC8038D7E0.jpg (540x796, 61K)

SNES DQ is so ugly. I don't understand how they fucked up so bad.

Because literally no one cares about Rayman

He was one of my more wanted characters back when he seemed like he had a chance, but now that he has a spirit, he doesn't really seem likely any more. Not really worth talking about now.

Spirited
It baffles me how not once, but TWICE now Ubisoft has let Rayman into a Smash game and just said "yeah sure just give him a trophy / png, I'm sure that's enough"

They probably would have let him in as a character if Nintendo wanted him, but it seems they didn't deem him worth the spot of a fighter.

If a character gets in it's because Nintendo/Sakurai asked for them, not the character's owners. Ubi should be grateful they got anything.

It looks about the same as any other SNES rpg at the time.

i think they would be fun

Attached: dream DLC.jpg (960x539, 414K)

>Would DMC5 be able to run on switch without massive downgrades? 60fps is an absolute necessity for that type of game
I'm honestly not sure but they got MK11 running on Switch so who the fuck even knows.
>Dante in smash would be fuckin sick tho
God, he really would be. In my mind, he'd be like Bayonetta and Joker put together with a Style switching mechanic.

I would love to see Rayman in Smash even though I'm not that vocal about him being in. I think he really needs a new game to put him in the limelight again. Things have quieted down after Origins and Legends.

I’m really not sure why they would. We have Banjo, Conker and a host of other, much more relevant platformer characters to add before they ever get to Rayman. Hell, you could at least pick a better PSX platformer.

DLC pack 1 may be Personafest but at least Tetrakarn and Makarakarn ARE Spells from SMT. They even kept the same sfx. Not sure about Eiha though. Dont remember that from the games.
Its not much but it's something.

I mean, I could see him being added before Conker maybe, but I'm pretty sure Rayman isn't super popular in the east, so i'm inclined to agree with you for the most part.

r8

Attached: DLC wants.png (1792x700, 917K)

Maybe it had something to do with his hitbox?

Eiha was in Persona 1 and 5. That's it. The dark spells in SMT were Mudo, Mudoon, etc.. and were instant death attacks.

bad

>Conker
>Banjo
Relevant

Might be, but you can hit and be hit by Sukapon just fine it seems, so I feel like it would have more to do with them considering Rayman a low priority or something.

here
based and spongepilled

Attached: sorry nips.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

>Chibi-Robo
Cool but wouldn't work for this pass since he's already a spirit and mii costume. Maybe next time.
>Jill
I can dig it but I think she's a spirit too.
>Boxboy
Awful and a spirit.
>Pete
Neat.

>No Striped Sweater

Attached: tails.jpg (440x348, 25K)

You can only fit so many songs into that little box. Trust me, if you want a Spongebob song, I want it too

I didn't have room chief

Attached: DwQk0enVYAAziml.jpg (384x270, 12K)

That song is essential though. The best time to list striped sweater, is all the time.

Okay, you got me there

Attached: index.jpg (212x238, 10K)

Omg give it a rest

Maybe if ur a faggot ass shitter

But it looks worse than the nes version. The original Soul vs Soulless, only this time, the soulless is just ugly instead of modernized.

>striped sweater remixed and extended

Attached: spongenut.jpg (541x738, 31K)

Kill yourselves Spongebob zoomers

>t. gokufag

>Striped Sweater [New Remix]- Nobuo Uematsu

Memes aside I would like to see Sans in the game along with all the good undertale music.

Attached: 0d9e3b940defa66496121703173113d7e7d36d46_hq.gif (500x505, 189K)

God I wish

Calm down spergie

SMT Is still atlus/sega retard

>your only allowed to follow the hive mind and jerk off these characters because some neckbeards said so
Hahha yah no you can leave with your no fun allowed faggotry

Master Chief wouldn't exist without Doomguy.

Yah man we play hardcore hard Survival mode on lock

REIMU

Attached: 1546463426123.png (360x390, 77K)

Ezio might actually be the most delusional and retarded thing I keep seeing people speculate for
Like seriously???

It's still too early to tell what approach Sakurai and Nintendo are taking, anything is possible. The biggest retards are the ones who think arbitrary guidelines and patterns mean anything outside of pure speculation.

By literally playing the game

Cope harder. None of the characters you guys bring up because you are annoyed at rosterfags have a snowballs chance in hell.

Alright, as of update 3.0 we got...
>1 Stage
>1 Fighter
>Eleven Tracks of Music from Persona Series
>Six Mii Costume Pieces (Four Persona-Two Sonic - All SEGA)
>13 Persona Spirits (Two Fighter Spirits)
Taking this template, come up with a newcomer and the respective DLC goodies that they would come with.

Attached: c975f2dffaa3860cd5016e074e19b9fe1401987928_full.jpg (640x360, 108K)

>51
>32
Wow I didn’t realize japan was just a few hundred neckbeards
Seriously how can you look at this total and think it helps u in an way
Honestly embarrassing

I don't even have a switch

????????
Did you stroke out while typing this?

>Gruntildas Lair
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Final battle, HAG 1, main theme, treasure trove cove, freezeezy peak, gruntildas Lair, gruntys furnace fun, vs chilli billy and chilly willy, vs weldar, vs mingy jongo
>Mumbo swordfighter, Jinjo fighter, Gruntilda Gunner, Conker Swordfighter with a chainsaw, Joanna Dark Gunner, Rash fighter
>Gruntilda, Bottles, Mumbo, Jamjars, Humba Wumba, Gobi, and the bosses, or other rare IPs

>Fighter: Phoenix Wright
>Stage: Courtroom No. 4
>Music - lots of AA tunes (Pursuit themes, objection themes, cross-examination/confrontation themes, some character themes)
>Mii Costumes: return of Capcom ones + new AA ones (Megaman/Monster Hunter, plus costumes for Miles Edgeworth, Apollo Justice and Athena Cykes)
>16 Spirits (Maya, Mia, Larry, Franziska, Godot, Detective Gumshoe, Ema, Trucy, Klavier, Naruhodou Ryuunosuke, Blackwell, Sahdmadhi, Kay Faraday, Shi Long Lang + 2 Fighter Spirits for Wright)

>Hakurei Shrine with six unique stage bosses
>Reimu
>Fifty five tracks of music from Touhou Project
>one assist trophy (Marisa)
>13 Touhou Spirits (Five Fighter Spirits)
>one unique classic mode boss
Haven't thought much about spirit fights

Attached: 1556490697342.png (400x449, 220K)

>1 Stage
Ripple Star
>1 Fighter
Adeleine
>Eleven Tracks of Music
Rock Star, Aqua Star, Neo Star, Shiver Star, Ripple Star, Miracle Matter, Credits Theme - Kirby 64
Grass Land 3, Ripple Field 1, Sand Canyon 1, Hyper Zone - Dream Land 3
>Six Mii Costume Pieces
Ribbon (Gunner)
Fairy Queen (Brawler)
Dark Matter (Swordfighter)
Rick hat
Coo hat
Kine hat
>13 Spirits
Adeleine (Kirby 64 look fighter spirit)
Adeleine (Dream Land 3 look fighter spirit)
Ribbon
Fairy Queen
Volcano Kirby
Drill Kirby
Swiss Army Kirby
Giant Claws Kirby
N-Z
Acro
HR-H
HR-E
Zero-Two

Attached: Kirby64crew.png (782x572, 530K)

Thing about Banjo spirits is that only a handful of the cast actually has good render artwork for spirits
Like, the only good looking official Humba Wumba render is Nuts and Bolts
Sure they can crop out transparent pictures of the in game models but that'd look retarded

They use in-game models and sprites for existing spirits you retard.

What in game models for example?

Not that user but I'm pretty sure Octoling, Boom Boom, and a few others are cropped in-game models.

Attached: Octoling.png (400x488, 228K)

>1 Stage
The Krusty Krab
>1 Fighter
SpongeBob SquarePants
>Eleven Tracks of Music from SpongeBob Series
Theme Song, Credits, Hawaiian Train, Honolulu March, The Rake Hornpipe, Living in the Sunlight, Ocean Man, Goofy Goober Rock, Squeeze Me, F.U.N, Striped Sweater
>Six Mii Costume Pieces
DoodleBob Costume (Swordfighter)
Goofy Goober Costume (Brawler)
Plankton Costume (Gunner)
Krusty Krab Uniform (Hat)
Chum Bucket Bucket Helmet (Hat)
Glove World Glove (Hat)
>13 Spirits
SpongeBob (Twice)
Patrick
Squidward
Mr. Krabs
Plankton
Sandy
Larry
Karen
Mrs. Puff
DoodleBob
Jellyfish
THE APPETIZER

Attached: he's ready.jpg (772x477, 64K)

I guess joker took one of those spots now though...

Attached: wish dlc.png (1024x576, 953K)

One off the top of my head is Alexandra Roivas. I think there's some N64 ones. Custom Robo maybe?

>DOESN'T HAVE THE JELLYFISH FIELD JAM MUSIC
FUCK. OFF
youtube.com/watch?v=q9cQN58jc24

Are people actually serious about spongey bob?

Attached: 72542990_p0.png (1200x1070, 631K)

spongeposters don't genuinely think he has a chance, it's just f.u.n to do

It's only done to poke fun at Gokufags.

Steve in - Trump reelected in 2020
Banjo is in - Trump impeached
Erdrick is in - Bernie wins

what if all 3?

Russia is bombed

Needs more Battle for Bikini Bottom music, but otherwise excellent.

Trump is impeached in his second term and vice president Bernie Sanders replaces him

>character
Quint
>stage
Central Highway, i guess
>music
Sunstar(Remix), Galaxy Man(Remix), Gameboy Medley, it's fucking mega man, suggest tracks.
>spirits
Quint(Fighter)
Sunstar(Legend)
Enker(Advanced)
Punk(Novice)
Ballade(Ace)
Terra(Advanced)
Tango(Novice)
Oil Man(Advanced)
Time Man(Advanced)
Heat Man(Novice)
Bubble Man(Novice)