He's considered an anime swordsman but none of the three (3) fucking Links isn't

>He's considered an anime swordsman but none of the three (3) fucking Links isn't
Explain this in a way that doesn't reek of Zeldafag bias.

Attached: Joker_SSBU.png (1708x1708, 1.55M)

joker looks like a faggot

It's ok when Nintendo EAD does it

Because Link doesn't have a counter.
Counters are fucking gay.

Anime swordman is Yea Forums slang for "character I don't like that has disjointed hitboxes"

he isn't a swordsman because he has a fucking knife

They turned Link into an iPad nerd.

Knives are just short swords

>knife
>implying
That's clearly short sword length.

They should've completely redone Young and Toon Link's movesets. Young using his masks, and Toon using gear from WW/PH/ST.

Smash 64 didn't even have counters, and now we have 20+ characters with counters

What went wrong?

seething banjoke

only retards think a character who doesn't use a sword is an "anime swordsman."

Counter might as well not exist, theyre the worst moves in the game.

When you think about it, swords are just nature's knives, so in reality there are no sword users but rather knife users.

I suspect sakuri regrets not just giving every character a counter to begin with. Counters seem to be his vision for the game going forward.

mario and zelda are always excused from whatever bullshit people hate about other characters that applies to them because they're mainstream first party series

UUUUUUUUUH NO RETARD!

People hate the shit plant, they wanted Ashley as the Mario character

But why? Each character only gets four specials, why reduce that even further to 3 and a counter? Have something like a just guard that gives you a damage boost or less recoil so you can counterattack.

>Joker
>Isn't green and purple

Attached: 1556831157153.png (433x434, 221K)

Nobody is saying that except roster fags

Thanks doc

I think the argument is that Links play with projectiles so they aren't anime swordsmen, even though I think thats bs

Ah, I see you've played Knifey-Swordy before.

Because Link is an irreplacable first party character from a major Nintendo series
Are you people retarded?

> FIRST PARTY GOOD
> THIRD PARTY BAD
Kill yourself

that's not what I said at all, dumbass

>Guilty Gear, Blazblue, etc. are anime fighters.
>Anime fighters are considered inferior to real fighters.
>Marvel vs Capcom is not considered an anime fighter despite having air dashes and popularizing the face cut-in during super attacks.

Link/The Zelda series isnt explicitly anime like Persona and Fire Emblem are.

As a rule of thumb if a character isn't instantly recognizable by a boomer it shouldn't be in at all.

Is Greninja also a anime swordsman?

You realize that boomers wouldn't even recognize half the cast of Smash 64, right?

so future Smash installments should have Fortnite guy? Also in that case where the fuck is Steve?

>Anime fighters are considered inferior to real fighters.

Maybe in like 2003

>seetheposting in May of 2019
Gee whiz.

Attached: ed6.jpg (1273x766, 126K)

Can we talk about Toon Link's fair and how it gets cancelled way too soon before you land, but Young Link's works every time?
How about fixing that shit, Sakurai?

He would have been much better if they gave him more than 4 different persona skills

If pic related ends up in Smash somehow, I really hope his moveset doesn't involve using a sharp murder weapon like the knife or samurai spear. I don't want my boy to be ridiculed and called an anime swordsman :(

Attached: super_smash_bros__ultimate___phoenix_wright.jpg (1024x576, 89K)

He did that for incineroar at least whos counter is more akin to taking the hit to power up your next good hit on someone.

Elaborate. I'm sitting in training mode and idk what you mean.

But Joker has 2 whole ass projectiles leading to both sick neutral options and decent zoning, you basically have to spam gun because of Guns slide

Link has a shield

Joker has a gun

Attached: 45colthandgun.jpg (400x252, 14K)

Shorthop fair doesn't come out when I try to land; you have to be very precise with it.

Could always just make the one of the shield buttons a dedicated counter button.

I more accurate title for him would be "Anime Pretty Boy", of which we already have way too fucking much in Smash. Honestly the design is just boring as fuck to look at, the silhouette doesn't add anything interesting visually to the Smash roster, and it's why I really fucking hope another one doesn't get in and why I wasn't excited at all to hear Joker got in in the first place.

Banjo, and even fucking Steve would be better than another anime pretty boy because at least they'd look different and spice things up visually.

Attached: 1472235328089.gif (448x252, 2.39M)

It would kind of defeat the purpose of "everyone is here" if they're just going to retool the veterans into new characters anyway, as much as I like your idea.

What the fuck are you on about? Joker's design is unique as fuck as far as smash goes, especially with his unique VFX on everything.
That being said, I do agree with you to an extent with Smash's roster having too many identical looking characters. Marth/Roy/Chrom/Lucina are all completely fucking interchangable.

Counters are great at gimping recoveries with a hitbox

Link is iconic and doesn’t have a design that looks like it could be dropped into 99% of anime. (Asides from BotW Link, but he’s trash anyways)

who says link isn't an anime swordsman

>Neutral-B: Shichishito Lunge - Holds the Shichishito in front of him, and thrusts it forward upon release. Breaks shields easily
>Side-B: Knife Swipes - Swings a knife repeatedly in one direction, can be followed up depending on how the control stick is tilted
>Up-B: Knife Slash - Leaps upwards while holding a knife in front of him
>Down-B: Represent Evidence - Phoenix yells an objection that deals damage back to the attacker when Phoenix is hit
Here's your character bro

Maybe Joker is a bad example, but all I see when I look at him is something I could see in any other fighting game. I'm not talking about his moveset, that's unique enough as long as you forget Falco exists, just at a glance he looks generic to me. Now look at fucking K. Rool, Ridley, or Incineroar. All three are newcomers, all three you can look at with a glance and know pretty much everything about them, and all three (except maybe Incineroar) you wouldn't normally see in a fighting game. They're visually interesting from a glance.

Attached: 1473739401409.jpg (1920x1080, 716K)

t. furfag

She's an anime ninja.

Attached: 7c5072f2b4f2036b48fbecce1ff1b239.jpg (1500x2517, 3.74M)

>This, the quintessential Link, is not anime
>The Ghibli inspired BotW Link is not anime
>The 80's retro anime look of the original Link is not anime
You have no idea what you're talking about. Link is every bit as anime as Marth, (who used to look like he stepped right out of Slayers), just a more old school japanese take on fantasy rather that Persona's more modern take.

Attached: kisspng-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-the-legend-zelda-link-png-transparent-picture-5a79862 (900x1000, 196K)