Untitled

Attached: san andreas.jpg (700x867, 114K)

wow

>not having a printer and printing out entire guides to games from GameFAQs for easy reference while playing

Attached: 1324251012103.png (361x361, 198K)

powerful OP

Attached: file.png (885x624, 431K)

>Not writing the whole gameguide into a notebook

>tfw had no internet
>had to buy those cheat books
I feel ripped off

Attached: 68338BE9DB504943835552B1DB9AA95B.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

>the one kid that memorized a bunch of cheats

Replace that disk with a pirated copy of the xbox version and that's every mexican dude childhood.

reminds me of when I was 9 playing gta3 and I would keep bugging my older brother to put in the cheat codes because I couldn't remember them

>Tfw had internet but was too stupid to try and look up cheat codes

you cheated not only the game but also yourself

Circle right circle right left square triangle up
That locks wanted level
Triangle triangle square circle x L1 L1 down up
Spawns hydra
I forget the rest.

hesoyam

>Rent vidya at Hollywood video
>manual (surprisingly) intact
>That random good guy who wrote all the cheats at the back of the manual

Thank you based user

Attached: 2ece6c42-11cb-11df-b924-001cc4c03286.image.jpg (620x332, 57K)

I vividly remember the day where video games got worse for me forever.
We bought a PS3 and the game we got with it was GTA4. We were playing the game for a bit and I proposed "let's check out the cheat codes" to which my brother responded "there aren't really any".
I mean yeah you can spawn cars but there's no longer any goofy shit anymore, this is when games were starting to care about being "serious".

Attached: gimme a hug man.jpg (600x600, 47K)

flashbacks to when my uncles made a sheet that looked just like this. I spawned a tank and it accidentally fell on a police car and the police arrested me for a falling materialized sky tank like wtf. Been vandalizing blue lives matter vehicles ever since

>greatest hits
>writing all the codes down instead of just trying them all out and then memorizing the best 2 or 3
Plebtier.

>red label
You ain't no OG, get out of this groove

That is the one time in existence that anyone actually used those "notes" pages in the back of every manual. You should feel blessed to have witnessed it.

Attached: 1294543488079.jpg (215x184, 14K)

Lol. This fucking guy.

>dad wrote his own strategy guide to myst
It was really well done too, with maps and everything.

Attached: grant_myst1_640x36011.jpg (1003x564, 59K)

>1990 was 30 years ago

Attached: 1488929890748.jpg (254x255, 27K)

>jrpg
>spell names are really cryptic
>have to keep checking the manual to see what the fuck the enemies are doing

AEZAKMI
HESOYAM

Old guy here. We didn't have internet and the library asked 25 cents for each page.

A gamefaqs guide can easily take 100 pages. Thats a lot of money for a 12 year old.

Attached: shenmue-2.jpg (640x853, 106K)

>tfw got a free cheat book with the odd vidya magazine i'd get from time to time
>tfw remember the hotline on the back with the 3d model woman with huge tits

Good times. Never tried the number though.

Attached: PKBC2bu.jpg (336x245, 13K)

>invincibility
>no cops
>health armor and ammo
>quadbike
>remove stars
>jetpack
it's like a pre workout exercise everytime I grab a dualshock
I just can't seem to get it off my head

literally have sex

I ripped out a page of cheat codes for san andreas from the book at walmart once. there was cameras nearby but I still did it

Attached: 1554466472033.jpg (500x500, 42K)

I still have the cheatcodes in my box as well. I should dig it up for a photo but I'm too lazy to get up.

if 1 user convinces me, I'll do it.

Yea Forums tell me, where are the cheatcodes gone?

Attached: 1534870121723.png (419x348, 71K)

We mod them now

Man I still have my Pokémon Crystal manual and I scribbled some kind of shit at the back of it for the Mystery Gift thing in Goldenrod Apartment Store. Good times

Oldfag*

I still have like 5 of those

old and gay

>having them all written down instead of memorizing them
A most shamefur dispray...

i borrowed those from library

Let's see it. I haven't beaten myst yet

I lost my tomb raider book guides as a nipper. It still hurts desu

I bought one of those magazines. It was pretty cool since it listed a bunch of easter eggs and tricks too. I spent A LOT of time fucking around in the tanker stage of MGS2.

I miss actual guidebooks. For the last 10+ years, the Prima ones are little more than printed walkthroughs with text, but older ones (especially the Nintendo ones) always had full color maps with official art and lore.

Attached: 1527904036334.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Different old guy here:
You can buy super fucking cheap laser printers now and they last fucking forever because toner never dries out or gets old (or at least it takes a REALLY fucking long time because I've had my laser printer since 2011, printed off only a few dozen pages, and the original toner still works great)
In the 90's everybody had inkjet printers that were even more garbage then than they are now. In any case they still had the "ink dries out in a fucking month" problem, so we never had ink to use for our uncommonly-used printer