Attached: file.png (323x433, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
youtube.com/watch?v=qfVk4bhR60k
youtube.com/watch?v=zcexOUib_B0&t=367s
youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Frombteamsoftware

de a game that at least some part of their core audience didn't enjoy immensely.

Still better than Hallway Souls 3

Attached: 1471699792519.jpg (471x291, 26K)

-de a good game

ndated regulations on the tuna fishing industry

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Attached: ds3 is shit 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

But it's the most fun

Cope.

asturbated to gamer girl feet like I have

>-de a sequel to Demon's Souls, but they will someday

>look at all these nodes!
>wait please don't look at individual level design please NO NOT BLACK GULCH DON'T LOOK

There are at least 3 lies in this gay post, and at least 3 things that the other games also do. Faggot ds2nigger.

>DS3 is the most soulless.
>hype everyone up with Yorhm, make him a shit DeS reference
>fill it with DS1 references, because "dude remember DS1". Only two story lines that actually justified it was Nameless King and Old Demon King which resolved plot lines
>fill it with Bloodborne assets because Bloodborne was good, so Dark Souls needs to be Bloodborne
>ignore all improvements made in DS2, regressed so far they sold fanboys a reskinned boss arena when multiple were base in 2
>weapons that were unique like FUGS become worse and shallow, left handed movesets are removed so you block with daggers like a retard again, instead of dual weilding everything there are "dual-wield approved" weapon sets

Attached: ds3 is shit 2.webm (747x420, 2.89M)

What reward did you get for no bonfire/death?

No bonfire and No death both give a ring that turns the item in your left and right hand invisible. Each one gives a unique reward, both don't have to be done at the same time.

iirc it was a pair of rings that made your right/left hand weapon invisible.

It's fun as fuck going for both at once though. You actually have to use the shop items and repair powder etc. to keep your character going. Feels more like an adventure and an RPG and the invades and even regular enemies become terrifying when you know one death and it is all over.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>A third of the game is a swamp
>the game punishes invaders and encourages ganking
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao

Attached: 1556208322965.png (631x710, 1003K)

Wtf I love dead ends now!

I've only played dark souls 1 and 2. Although the world isn't quite as cohesive as in 1, I like how DS2 improved most of the stuff I disliked about the first game. E.g. backstabbing isn't as overpowered and is different for different weapons, pvp is better, many builds are viable and they play quite differently through the game, more stats are worth investing in, the camera seems better, you can't just run past everything effortlessly because there are more enemies and they'll catch you at a fog door, etc. The DLC areas in particular are great.
It also runs amazingly well on my laptop. I'm looking forward to playing DS3 some day when I get a better computer.

Attached: 1553977167141.jpg (3000x4510, 3.67M)

Let's talk about the 2 things that fucking ruins the whole game so that even the little shit it does right isn't worth it I'll start and finish:
>Soul Memory
>ADP "shockwaves"

Sekiro is From's best game since DS1

What's your favorite DS2 challenge run? I've only done SL1 so far and it was great.

I don't get how people feel like this. Sure I s stylish and has a cool story but just bashing swords against other people's swords til a stupid meter fills is the definition of unfun to me

>shit pots

Oh man, someone post the image about that again. Nothing else so perfectly sums up the lack of care or attention to detail put into the game as that

Don't forget the slow, clunky, combat and the terrible level design.

Demon's Soul is still their best game, before it became a dodge fest

I just like running item randomizers + scholar of the second sin + the enemy speedhack table
Start as deprived and just branch out into whatever you find
Since there's so much stuff and ways to progress in the game each run is vastly different

>t. shitter

Dodge-R1 isn't any better.

Is AC Nexus any good?

Demon's Souls literally gets tougher the worse you do and has the best overall non-combat systems in any of the game

Only 5 rapier attacks before running out of stamina thank god.
Dark Souls 2 is truly amazing, I have finally seen the light.
Thank you user!

someone say hallways?

Attached: aldiaskeepmap.jpg (1600x533, 110K)

>have to lure the gargoyle over to the windows in order for this webm to be accurate

This one has way too many giant enemies im the beginning, there should be a bonfire before you get to the dragonrider.
That's why I just skipped this one and went straight tp Datk Souls 3.

>>hype everyone up with Yorhm, make him a shit DeS reference
Profaned Capital as a whole is a DS2 reference
>>fill it with DS1 references, because "dude remember DS1". Only two story lines that actually justified it was Nameless King and Old Demon King which resolved plot lines
more like
>fill it with references to all four previous games, because "dude remember the older games"
all 4 Lords of Cinder correspond to a previous game in the series

Ah, yet another thread of people trying to defend 2 by shitting on 3. Like clockwork.

Doesn't mean shit if the lines between those dots aren't any fun.

Reminder that Earthern Peak's elevator goes to Iron Keep.

It's literally one guy.

>they die in three hits
>dragonrider is the easiest boss in the game
>you could just go to the Forest first
literally filtered

Eh, Nexus is kind of a transition game from SL to LR, there's a bunch of nice missions and it's directly connected to LR, but mechanics wise it's kind of ass, the Revolution disc is fun though since it's pretty much Gen1 missions remade in AC3's engine, nice fanservice if you're a fan of the series.

/thread

I'll come back to it when I'm done with DS3 and Sekiro, DS2 seems to be the hardest of the From games in my opinion

It for sure isn't.

Which would you say is the hardest of the soulsborne games?

I find it funny that you guys always bring this up yet this exists in DaS1 and it's completely fine.

Attached: canon.png (634x754, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA

thoughts on this vid? does a good job showing why DeS stands out

Did you join the Covenant of Champions in Majula? It sets the difficulty to NG+ but doesn't explicitly tell you.
If you didn't, just level ADP and clear the first couple areas. The game will open up considerably at that point.

If it is it's for all the wrong reasons.
>everyone said the DLC areas were 100x better than based game
>Eleum Loyce still full of utterly cheap bullshit

Awful video, which is a shame because Matt "Kill niggers" hewmatosis' channel is usually a high water mark for quality content

>deflects to Dark Souls 3

Yeah because more content means better game right!

1 maybe? I'm not sure. It's certainly not 2 though, 2 is pretty easy outside of a few specific bosses and areas.

Because Dark Souls 3 is From's bad game

>Froms bad game
>What is Another Age

-sturbated

kek

BB=DaS1>DeS>Sekiro>DaS3>DaS2

Falconer webm?

That's not actually what CoC does and it also warns you like three times before allowing you to join it.

That isn't what the picture implies.

I don't have it saved, but it's the one showing their goofy run animation.

did you forget the kiln is accessed by walking into another dimension

Attached: 2013-04-29_00009.jpg (1600x900, 151K)

>poise exists
Why do you spam these blatant lies?

>criticize dark souls 3 while also criticizing dark souls 2
>might as well be questioning the holocaust

Attached: Seek seek lest.png (800x400, 578K)

>fill it with DS1 references, because "dude remember DS1"
All Fromsoft games reference previous games.
DaS II just does it badly.

>did you forget the kiln is accessed by walking into another dimension
Is that why the world looks very different when you visit the kiln in the 3rd game?

We all know the copy pasta both for and against Dark souls 2 and most of it is right. We have all seen the webms and the iron keep paint drawings. None of this matters because what DS2 does better than both 1 and 3 is more important then textures or interconnected level design. It's FUN

Attached: 1452710650853.jpg (800x600, 306K)

The Kiln in 3 is just the far future of Lothric after everything merged together into one big clump of ash, not sure if it follows the same 'rules' as DS1 since god knows how many centuries have passed since the first game and how linking the fire might have changed in-universe, remember you only needed one person in DS1 but in 3 you need at least five

Attached: Kiln_of_the_First_Flame_(DSIII)_-_05.jpg (3840x2160, 1.84M)

>warns you like three times
What does it say exactly? Genuinely curious. I remember having an argument with some idiot who insisted that the game never tells you that picking CoC might be a mistake.

>The best part of Demons Souls is that it shows what would happen if the world was entirely black, it would devastate the landscape and destroy everyone. This subtle bit of world design speaks volumes about our own, and the contempt From have for disgusting niggers
Fucking hell Matt

Dark Souls 3's world design is definitely flawed but Dark Souls 2's isn't exactly great. It's very disconnected from the most part, once you start down a path you stay on that path.

Okay, so Iron Keep (and Drangleic in general) are in phasing dimensions, just like time works in DaS and lands converge in DaS3.
Mystery solved.

Attached: h3KASgI.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

>remember you only needed one person in DS1 but in 3 you need at least five
The Lords of Cinder firelinking is more of a failsafe than a true linking. By 3, the world has run out of souls to burn that it is reburning those who already linked the fire.

>This will set you on an arduous path.
>Okay to join this covenant?
>yes/no
>Are you prepared to join this covenant?
>yes/no
>Join the Company of Champions?
>yes/no

Fat tits Emerald Herald is GOAT.

Attached: 3675e6cdb9bd71bfa8f96577220f28c4.png (819x1212, 693K)

You're fucking pathetic incels

>how linking the fire might have changed in-universe
Instead of something along the lines of universal heat death, it looks like the world in 3 is undergoing a big crunch.

Hi samefag put a bullet in your brain you pathetic cunt.

now find dialogue that mentions that or any sign of that in-game outside of a poor area transition

or you could just accept that DS2 was saved from failure by one director who had to piece together a mess as best he could and the game is faulted because of it

>All PVP shit
Slit your throat you cancerous piece of subhuman trash.

BASED

I'll take 19 bosses over the utter trash that 2 had.

>>no arena
undead match?

THICC

Attached: thiccer.png (443x253, 9K)

Should I get ds2 scholar of the first sin or ds3? they're both on sale and I've never played a souls game before

You must be stoned if you think undead settlement -> filler area before road of sacrifices -> road of sacrifices -> farron keep is anything but the worst stretch of gameplay on the series

if you've never played one before why aren't you starting with DS1

Play them in release order. Dark Souls 3 has continuous callbacks to the first game.

>never played a souls game
emulate DeS
play DaS
play BB at some point
play Sekiro
-the end-

Yeah Sekiro should be at the end since you notice how garbage everything before it was

I plan on getting other games on sale, I just need a cheap game to play

>DaS2 and 3 fags are fighting again.
Pathetic.

Attached: 1554998912382.png (382x360, 342K)

play ds2 and nothing else, ds2 is like a janky fun ps2 game with gamey stuff everywhere, the rest is grimdark nonsense for codbabbies

Play BB or DaS1. Forget the rest

Attached: (You).jpg (2560x1440, 1.19M)

>hating on Undead Settlement
it's a great starter area and the sprawling layout is fantastic

Attached: undeadsettlement-mimee.jpg (1200x1855, 572K)

Start with Dark Souls 2 if you absolutely insist on not starting with the first game.

Attached: 20180412202456_1.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

>-dre de Dios! Get this garbage game away from me!!

>world is disconnected
that's the point though, Drangleic exists in an alternate reality or a fairy tale or something within the DS universe that tries to explain the nature of the curse. It's like one of those world-within-a-painting things, but the entrance is instead a weird vortex in the water as seen in the opening. It's not supposed to be realistic, it's a clue that you're in a bizarre place where the normal rules don't necessarily apply

Ds3, it still has active online and it's fun.

>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>posts a smug sekiro picture
HMMMMM....

Attached: 1544131850958.gif (190x230, 93K)

Dark Souls 3 babies will defend this

Attached: lol.png (1920x1080, 3.95M)

Has literally no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. There are worse bonfire placements to complain about.

Why does Artorias' armor have chicken legs? I never use his boots if I'm LARPing as him for a bit.

>What most Dark Souls 3 haters look like

Attached: _v_-_DARK_SOULS_3_IS_TRASH_-_Video_Games_-_4chan_-_2019-05-04_14.40.11.png (1125x962, 194K)

Currently running through a dark souls 1-3 straight session. On 2 atm. Both games have their own great and bad qualities which makes both games great because we get sorta the same thing with variety and difference. Looking forward to another 3 run soon.

So then go to Lothric first.

whats wrong with black gulch?

babbies can't cope with dodging the excessive amount poison arrows in such a short, enclosed zone.

Threadly reminder...
Dark Souls 2 is the best.
>most diverse environments in the series
>longest in the series
>most amount of weapons in the series
>most amount of armor and customization in the series
>biggest build variety in the series
>most amount of magic/miracles/hex/pyros
>best online mode in the series
>easiest to start a build in the series
>best girls in the series
>best and most SOULful covenants
>3 weapon slots in each hand
>4 ring slots
>dual wielding and power stance
>respec
>offers rewards for fun challenges such as no death run
>NG+ has new enemies/items/events and some remixed bosses
>the only game in the series which doesn't force you to grind
>reddit hates it
>best starting area in the series
>best atmosphere in the series

QOL improvements
>you can skip logos at startup (without mods)
>R3 to jump
>you can choose how many of the same item you want to consume at the same time
>weapon durability bar below weapon icon
>inventory items displayed in grids instead of list
>climb ladders faster and being able to let go of ladders
>roll through doors to open them faster
>can turn a specific area to NG+ mode (Bonfire Ascetic)
>can continue your playthrough after beating the last boss and can choose when to start NG+
>you can roll while doing gestures

>NOOOOO PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT LOST IZALITH I'LL DO ANYTHING
>DON'T TALK ABOUT PROFANED CAPITAL SSHHHHHHH

>Best atmosphere
Horseshit.

I like Dark Souls 2 but it's infected with hackers for some reason. I don't understand because I never run into them in DaS1 or DaS3. But EVERY time I play DaS2 I run into them.

Attached: 20181101203705_1.jpg (1920x1080, 542K)

this picture is Souls autism personified. Absolutely no thought taken into indvidual levels, themes, atmosphere, or pacing. Just a checklist of "places I can go from the beginning like a bored speedrunner, therefore that makes it good".

>Profaned Capital
?

2 is better than 3 certainly, I haven't finished one yet. The problem with 2 is there's no challenge in the bosses until dlc which is basically game breaking.

Dark Souls 2 has so many bosses it's a mixed bag. There are some real bitch bosses in the base game though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Your choices are either spend five minutes breaking every poison statue or just running through the area and skipping everything. Stacking poison resist also does practically nothing against the statues for whatever reason, even if you get as much as you can you just go from poisoned in two hits to poisoned in three hits. Also worth noting is that the npcs that invade in that area are immune to poison thanks to npc invader magic.
It's not a well designed area and it's not fun to play.

Fuck that zone. They could have put the Rotten in the zone prior and the game would be so much better

the average Dark Souls 2 player

Attached: d81954e3b5fe1a1b3df847b638e7c6138256745ee2f83d39d841aa27293298c7.jpg (482x295, 26K)

something something hitbox

Attached: (you).gif (540x303, 2.56M)

Imagine being this normie. Holy shit Yea Forums is bad at games.

Great counter argument. Sure showed me, dude.

Only took 40 death to figure him out without any outside knowledge...

God tier: BB=DaS1 > DeS

Contractual obligation tier: DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: 1545510320210.jpg (883x1181, 700K)

>"I can't just charge through the whole game, boohoo ),:"
DS2 filtering kids as usual

correct

Attached: 40677383_p0.jpg (497x700, 128K)

I like all the Souls games.

Attached: 1317181961208.png (330x357, 45K)

I thought shrine of amana was the coolest zone, having to strain your eyes to see if the pathway continued underwater was legitimately pretty cool.

Disregarding the souls series they made that piece of shit Steel Battalion Armored Core

I legitimately love a lot of the world in Dark Souls 2. I can look past some of the flaws that come with it for an overall enjoyable experience.

Did you even read my post or are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?

Yeah you break most of the statues on the ledge, or you take the back path around them. Its not a big deal.

Reminder that Yea Forums was really into Dark Souls 2 the first year or two it came out. Then suddenly all these faggot zoomers came nitpicking every little thing about it

/dsg/ is still really into Dark Souls 2. Yea Forums is just full of contrarian faggots that follow the hivemind.

Pretty much this.

It's pointless, not badly placed. If you want bad bonfire placement, just look at the Belfry Sol Approach Bonfire in Dark Souls 2.

>>most diverse environments in the series
>>biggest build variety in the series
>>best online mode in the series
>>best girls in the series
>>best starting area in the series
>>best atmosphere in the series
Bullshit on all of these, and you know it.

>2 is better than 3

Attached: 1533690442703.png (500x688, 313K)

I liked how daunting Harvest Valley was on the first go-around. The giant enemies throwing dark magic at you, the fat sickle zombies, and the poisonous caves that you could explore if you chose gave the place such a hostile atmosphere.

nah, there was bitching about the Iron Keep immediately at release

2 was hated at launch, you delusional faggot

>dark souls 2 is so cool
But where were you while I was traversing frigid outskirts all by myself?

—de a good game

3 is on rails, doesn't even feel like an rpg really which maybe it isn't.

Cope.

kek

strawman

Black gulch always stood out to me as something a 5 year old might do in a level editor

>haha look I made a basic level and filled it with emenies in every square inch LOL

So will a DS2 fag ever actually be able to defend Drangleics level design and the fact that it's too small?

>>most diverse environments in the series
Cool, but the art direction is pretty weak to compared to the other games.
>>longest in the series
Meaningless, that is in no way a metric for quality. There's way too many filler bosses.
>>most amount of weapons in the series
But how well does that translate to weapon viability count?
>>reddit hates it
Actually, reddit fucking loves DaS2, and that goes for all the soulsborne games. But this is just moot point, because Yea Forums and reddit love the same games.
>>best starting area in the series
Nope, because Central Yharnam exists. It has significantly better level design and the situations you find in that level makes it a perfect tutorial for the player to learn the fundamentals.
>>best atmosphere in the series
lol

Attached: GD.jpg (750x1000, 230K)

soooo.... willl DaS3fags ever actually be able to defend the Cathedral of the Deep and the fact that it's just a huge empty space with shit water on the floor and two giants taking up all the space?

its really no worse than smouldering lake or the catacombs.

Black Gulch doesn't even have that much enemies. You're thinking about the statues.

oh and it's one of those levels where you need to have a torch up but I guess you guys don't like having to use torches after all uh? Imagine the original build where torch was required in every indoor level.

Every time i remake a new character and go back through the areas in DS3, it just feels like a chore and I summon to rush through the content.

But Cathedral of the deep has plausible level design and its size works with the things inhabiting it. What does "muh water" have to do with anything?

braindead ds2 bby

>plausible level design
>giant fucking archs that move by magical contraptions are the only way to reach the top floors
Miyazaki fucking nailed it lol

Attached: 1556917140679.jpg (236x417, 13K)

By the way how the fuck did the giant got inside the cathedrall of the deep? Did they dug a hole or something?

Same way they got all those giant creatures through a man-sized door into Aldia's Keep.

Piss off Matosis, even the director knows DeS is Shit

they built it

Attached: 1497397996344.png (436x361, 67K)

Yeah, because Drangleic totally isn't worse than anything in Cathedral of the Deep. Drangleic was absolute garbage, easily the worst level in the entire series. It makes no sense either logically or thematically even in the confines of its own universe.

Attached: 1550907995505.png (563x306, 227K)

>even the director lost the plot

yeah they're CDPR East

literally every thread. And the worst part is that I cant even filter you dark souls 2 redditors out because you use elaborate wording to get past my filters..

Attached: 1556407030850.gif (284x247, 1.26M)

It was hated up until Matosis happened

They were born in there

The giant creatures were created in there by Aldia

Can't Aldia kind of teleport? My logic was that he captured them and brought them back to the keep. That isn't the real issue here. The issue with Aldia's Keep is that the monsters are held as pets in these flimsy cages that they can all easily break out of, and the fact that the "keep" is basically just a glorified hallway.

THIS

Imagine being a brainlet.

>elaborate wording
so ds2 posters can communicate in mediums other than retarded twitch memes?

incorrect

Attached: file.png (1024x888, 671K)

Only Dark Souls 2 has horses.

but they should, tunas are cute

Attached: file.png (473x355, 322K)

would you vote for DS1, DS3 or bloodborne as a game of the decade?

Ok I have to ask

The fuck are these? They look awesome

Attached: 1556924026056.jpg (651x655, 58K)

None of them.

what game then?

Within the last 10 years? Or since 2010?

Dark Souls 2

Cut content dragons the dragonriders originally rode

Attached: file.png (1076x757, 512K)

The Witcher 3

Ah... Damn that's such a bummer.

Why would he be named a dragon rider if he rides no dragon

Hahaha oh shit!

>Why would he be named a dragon rider if he rides no dragon
Ds2 is a fucking mess

Since 2010

Ok, why are there no horses in Dark Souls 1 either then?

It's either DaS1 or Bloodborne for me.

Attached: Gehrman joins the Hunt 2.jpg (952x1920, 350K)

Holy shit is that the cut Cainhurst mounted boss? Goddamn.

Attached: Vileblood Cavalry.jpg (1700x1314, 613K)

Dark Souls 2 feels like a dozen or so teams were working on their own versions of a Dark Souls sequel and then a week before release they stitched it all together haphazardly and shipped it as is.

They rode dragons in the past before the kingdom fell

What a damn shame this was cut, it's a really cool monster horse design.

Some of the design choices seem to have been used for Ludwig but still

Newfag detected, there was constant bitching about downgrades and hitboxes the fucking day the game was released.

It's not actuallly that far off. Original director called it quits, and based Yuka swooped him and stitched together in like 6 months a game out of the assets

They also had to massively downgrade the game because development started for PS3 and the original lighting system made the consoles shit themselves. Playing DS2 with lighting mods really shows how some levels were made with that system in mind, they look like shit because of the flat light

>tfw I actually helped some lads beat the 2kitties

I wish I would've played DaS2 when it released initially. The amount of online fuckery it allows is unrivaled.

what was the most rage inducing moment in souls, outside of bosses?

Attached: lmao_2shark.jpg (3264x1643, 1.78M)

not putting my sign at Aava that's for sure.
>those fucking retards that go in the boss room without going through the level first

People were incredibly salty about the two londo archers for a long time

oh wow is this fucking faggot in every dark souls thread? don't you have anything better to do?

>tfw hear about this part for ages
>beat it 1st try
Just keep your distance and dont be greedy

That applies to the series as a whole. I can't get into how slow the combat is and how glitchy and unpolished it is but you might as well just castrate yourself if you say that around here.

all souls games are easy if you don't get greedy, that's why people are so bad at them

I disagree
Some bosses are orders of magnitude easy if you stick close to them and whack them

Like cleric beast, vicar amelia, orphan, etc

Not Dark Souls 2 because the enemies have bullshit aggro there.

Iron Keep for example has enemies that can hear you fighting other enemies and will aggro you the instant you engage with their boyfriends.
Sometimes the enemies look like they share the same aggro, as in, if you target just one of the enemies in a group, the whole group comes to gank you.

this is something that DaS3 doesn't do.

Attached: Alonne Knight.jpg (235x240, 17K)

>BL4 against shadows of yharnam

Attached: .1554502977029.png (500x478, 114K)

2 also has a horse sitting in a castle it couldn't have reached otherwise
3 has stables though

3 has stables and no horses. I find that hilarious.

where did all the horses go?

DaS1's world and level design is too cramped and vertical to really allow for horses, at least in the places where it would've made sense

Dead? Eaten by the countless monsters roaming the land?

they died, clearly

Attached: ds.webm (1280x720, 1.04M)

Dark souls 3 is the best souls game by a thousand miles, and anyone that thinks otherwise is a dirty filthy nigger.

should've had the covenant of Artorias equipped idiot

DS2 weapon viablity count is massive compared to 1 and 3 because they tried to balance the PvP and give many weapons a unique niche. Even within the same classes most of the deciding factor about which you want to use is based off of the movesets of said weapons.

Don't you hate when you're playing Dark Souls 2, and you don't have to kill the boss three times to win a fight?
Makes me so mad!

Attached: IMG_2046.png (1136x640, 1.2M)

fucking kek

>oh shit I forgot to defeat Si-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ds3 has none of the qualities that you listed so what's your point?

Lady Maria but with three healthbars made me mad as fuck.

Not onle she has three health bars she can fucking HEAL

What, is anything other than a single phase armored dude that has 90% the same moveset of the last 20 armored dudes you fought too much for you?

Only in phase 2, where she shares an healthbar with Ariandel and she can be easily staggered out

I agree Friede in general is total BS, I think FromSoft realized it as well which is why you get a summon that doesn't require Embers

Shit like this is the exact reason I have little respect for the series. Just low budget glitchy garbage.

Literally one of the better fights in 3, she isn’t even hard. For fucks sake she can be backstabbed.

Sorry I'm late.

Attached: falconerDaS2.webm (896x504, 2.91M)

Gael sucks so much ass though. He's worthless in this and the demon twins fight.

they're supposed to walk like that. It's called the fast approaching enemy walk.

The games rarely have glitches, you retard.

>The games rarely have glitches

Attached: 1500322616239.jpg (500x500, 100K)

I disagree, he does little damage but he can take a beating and holds aggro really well. Phase 2 becomes a breeze because Ariandel is a joke and Friede is too busy beating the shit out of Gael and he can last a long time in phase 3 and even stagger her from time to time

You're right but people will refute that dark souls 2 is still better

is this the most underrated boss in souls? I think it's fucking great. challenging but fair, and a well-executed concept.

Attached: Demon Prince.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

Play the games before spouting memes and reaffirming them with the dozen or so webms of inconsequential glitches you can find in similar frequency in almost any other game.

>One of the better fights in 3 is overblown garbage stuffed with particle effects
Ouch

Isn't the final DaS2 three bosses in a row?

Sorry, did the particle effects denoting magic spells scare you? Should it have just been lengthened, matte polygons?

>The same boss copy/pasted that gets an unnecessary anime power-up complete with totally epic lasers
Sounds like a 3 boss to ne

It's a 3-boss gauntlet if you beat Vendrick but you're not required to start over if you die somewhere along the way

Prince is great

Attached: 66283145_p0.jpg (849x1200, 276K)

Oh alright

Favorite boss in the series?

Attached: Gehrman, the First Hunter.png (1323x1080, 1.64M)

>no bosses should ever use magic, it’s bad

No, it's not. The only way that happens is if the player sets it up to be that way, and the bosses don't respawn when killed, unlike Ariandel.

Arty

Attached: 33627375_p0.jpg (750x711, 244K)

>The only way you can defend this garbage is projecting

print;=(remarkable comment)
>(you)

Attached: 4566456456.jpg (220x230, 5K)

Toss up between Twin Pursuers and Iron Passage for me. I've probably gotten mad at bosses on occasion, but nothing that STUCK with me like these two bitches did.

This series was better than the bosses weren't bloated HP sponges with 12 phases.

crystal cave still, fuck that place with a thousand suns

How would you make magic work then, if not through particle effects?

These two.
>This spot marks our grave, but you you may rest here too, if you want

Attached: tumblr_oqrypo6B5C1tykbwxo1_400.jpg (400x596, 57K)

corroded by the abyss probably, melded with his own skin and bones

This dude.

Attached: THE CHAMP.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

sekiro is way shorter than ds3 wtf. it has more pointless bonfires too. you are so fucking dumb

that fight was pretty kino

toss-up between the fume knight and slav knight gael, for the same reason - both was really dificult and felt amazing once i beat them

get good, after a try or so you should be able to do the first and second phase without getting hit once. It's a fight of endurance and one of the best fights in the game, become proficient

Burnt Ivory King, Lost Sinner, and of course Ornstein and Smough
In Bloodborne Orphan and Logarius

ah yes the famed Dark Souls: Sekiro

I'm not sure what you mean when every other game did so without covering the screen in crap.

Lost sinner, really? Why? I don’t hate the fight but don’t really have much praise for it either.

>starting the webm frozen
Why do people do this?

Do you have autism? The fights never get so busy that you can’t tell what’s going on.

the thread is about fromsoft games not dark souls. the guy also attatched an image of smug sekiro.

well in that case bloodborne is even shorter than ds3

From Soft has not made a good game since the first King's Field game, this is truth

not disagreeing with you there

Thats the the world design, the actual level design is actually worse, its a combination of the worst parts of Izalith's lava field and Blighttowns swamp, big empty and boring.

It's a better version of ornstein and smough.
Gael

Gael is shit. Every boss that can be be brain dead cheesed to me is shit.

I liked them, they gave me a monster hunter feel and their lore is nice.

Soul memory was one of the worst things to happen to dark souls.

Checkmate, two is the worst.

It was one of my first bosses, and I liked it because of how straightforward it was, but she still kept you on your toes. She forced you to learn how to heal properly, as well as taught strafing skills. My damage wasn't very good at the time either, so the fight felt very meticulous and daunting.

Soul memory is a bad concept but it's effects are way overblown and the game is still fine and fun regardless.

DS2’s Old Ones are literally supposed to be allusions to DS1 bossed you double retard. Which is fine because both games are fucking sequels

The only bad area in DS2 is the Shrine of Amana.

Every boss can be brain dead cheesed you stupid fuck.

>"way overblown"
>have a hacker join your game and it immediately ruins your save if you kill them, many hackers in the early days of the game would intentionally join your game then run off a cliff after fucking with you to intentionally make it so that character could not find pvp

fuck off

DS2 is a poor fucking excuse of a sequel though.

>tfw summoned two people for Ivory King because fuck those mobs
>they both die before the actual fight begins
>suddenly realize Ivory King has double health now
>barely manage to defeat him after a really tough battle
this shit is why I love these games.

Attached: 335300_20180421232321_1.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

>wikihowcasuallytoaproachtheplayer.avi

Dark Souls 2's progression might be pretty open but what good is being able to play trash content I don't enjoy in multiple different orders?

I will agree that Dark Souls 3's linearity hurt the game but at the very least I rarely felt like the game was throwing low quality padding at me to artificially extend the length of the game whereas most of Dark Souls 2 base game felt like it. Although Demon Ruins and Smoldering Lake were incredibly meh / bad.

Attached: D5Qx8NYWsAAxzfr.jpg (637x1200, 83K)

not the way Gael can, no.

It's fucking dumb the way he can be cheesed and was never patched.

I can agree that the inner part is less exciting. I mostly like the use of shortcuts, the rafters area leading to a covenant and the outer part combined with good ambushes.

Attached: Soulsrankings.jpg (2560x1440, 502K)

boring opinion

Attached: 11elef0vo8w21.jpg (310x423, 26K)

I like DaS but i feel its somewhat overrated
I would put it on the same tier as DeS and Sekiro, with BB being the undisputed winner, so far

DaS is underrated.

Took the words right out of my dick.

to me the pre-battle was always tougher than the ivory king himself, for some reason all the charred knights kept gang up on me while ignoring the npc knights

I agree with this, but I didn't wholeheartedly hate DaS2 or 3.

Attached: 1556201350107.png (911x585, 781K)

they're the worst in the series for different reason but still better than 90% of garbage released in the last 5 or so years

Beep beep
Correct opinion coming through

Attached: darksouls.jpg (1008x630, 121K)

>The only bad area in DS2 is the Shrine of Amana.

Attached: BlackGulch.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

>First phase, enemy has a move where it can disappear and attack from any direction, but you then realize she doesn't really become intangible or impossible to find, and you can easily track her by the raised snow indicating the direction she jumps towards
>Already a more interesting quirk than any boss fight in Dark Souls 2.
>Second fase, two enemies that complement each other's movesets, O&S-style
>Also already more than any of the multi-enemy bosses in Dark Souls 2 get
>Third fase, like the first, but powered-up with more dangerous moves
>The most mundane of the three, but still the finale of the fight and executed in a better way than any bosses in Dark Souls 2.
Keep grasping onto that healthbar-shaped straw a little bit longer.

I think randy is the perfect example of being a complete and utter failure of a human being on every aspect, but is EXTREMELY good at fucking people over, so he somehow became a millionarie at the expense of others

>but still better than 90% of garbage released in the last 5 or so years
Imagine being this much of a Fromdrone.

>waaah I can't hug the walls or circle-strafe-cheese everything so the area is bad
have sex, strengthlet

fug wrong thread

Still better than Blighttown.

ftfy

Attached: 1557009180765.png (1440x2560, 1.24M)

Profaned Capital is more of a case of being a disapointment given the build up and not level design. Essentially, it's just a short pre-boss area for Yhorme where as Irythil dungeon is more or less Yhorme's level.
Yes, initially the PC was going to be a much larger area before they had to scrap it, but if take into account cut content all souls games are miserable.

This but unironically.

Attached: Dark Souls 2 Acrobatics.webm (746x441, 2.73M)

I dunno why but I do this wierd thing where I get all his gear asap and then I help him out by roleplaying as his summoned mini-me.

Attached: babyface.jpg (1920x1080, 1.42M)

What's your point? It's a big beautiful cathedral that's been corrupted by water worshipping cannibals, why does every corner need to house an enemy?

>majestic greatsword will never return
it's not fair bros

There are multiple components to the level you dimwit.

>the approach
The forest path to the Cleansing Chapel guarded by snipers, dogs and suicide cultists
>the graveyard and the outside areas
A graveyard with respawning zombies and maggot monsters but phat loot as well.
>the rooftops
Cultists, thralls and Grave wardens ambushing you in tricky combat environments
>the tight interiors
Corridors with deacons, Cathedral Knights, evangelist and thrallss
>the open interiors
Two minibosses control the space
>the rafters
Extremely unforgiving environment with cathedral knights and thralls coming at you on narrow walkways.

Attached: D4iVghoW0AIvO-B.jpg (637x1200, 131K)

Attached: Ludwig.webm (1280x720, 3M)

please point out the lies?

Funny, looking at this now, I see more than a passing resemblance to the general face shape of the giant deformed club-carrying soldiers in Sekiro. I wonder if the people behind those faces are the same.

>People being a huge bitch about this
Once you know the fights the first 2 phases are fucking easy, the third is where shit gets fucked because her ability range quadruples.

Attached: 1555415088120.jpg (1024x853, 144K)

>R1 Spam: The Boss
>Good
Waifufags were a mistake.

Dark Souls 2 is the only soulsborne with good PvP.

Attached: 407.png (477x115, 61K)

Is it bad that I want a crossover with these two bitches where I get femdome'd by them and forced to lick their feets?

maybe they climbed in, or hell warping exists in DaS, so maybe they warped the giants in to help them re-construct the church when they became the Deep religion

>Dark Souls 1 has shit Pv-

Attached: Dark Souls PvP.webm (768x432, 3M)

It feels like the demon fight they always wanted. Like all the build up for demons in the first game that all falls apart by the time you reach their place of origination, they put all the shit people expected into them, the demon fight to end all demon fights.

She is good though, if you weren't a parry shitter and entered the DLC at BL60-70. Anything higher is reddit for 1st attempt, regular NG.

Which one do you prefer reaching second phase, Pain or Deep?

P
Finished that for you, and thank you for posting proof.

Maria is the most fun boss in the DLC.

Attached: maria speen.gif (500x288, 2.59M)

how is this player both good and so fucking miserable at the same time?

Gundyr would be the strongest boss if he used two hands to wield his glaive instead of one handing it with arm pit. He slaps and grabs with his of-hand, but this seems like a waste.

There's no fucking way I'm beating the Pain first, so it's always him on the second phase.

the laser guy is the easiest from what I've seen. I wish they made the Pain the demon that goes after you in the first phase.

>my dick is so fucking hard right now

Maria is the most reddit boss in the entire series, lad. The epitome of style over substance.
Ludwig is where the true kino is.

he's fun to fight because he's really easy to parry.

Name one (1) stronger boss.

Attached: The Champ.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

>DaS has to be high tier despite its glaring flaws because "it was first" and "my nostalgia doesn't permit me to consider later things beneath it
>BB gets a free pass because it was also "came out first" and "different setting means it's better because I love the setting so much" despite still being comparable to DaS III.
Yea Forums's opinions are becoming generic and normie.

fucking kek

Attached: Dark-Souls-фэндомы-Champion-Gundyr-DSIII-персонажи-4736345.jpg (700x800, 448K)

Ludwig made DSP ragequit BB
Champ killed him like 70 times but he still beat him

Man, I started playing DS3 again while waiting for sekiro and thought I might complete the run I started. I can beat literally every enemy without a billion poise by just walking up to it and pressing R1 over and over and stunlocking it without it even having a chance to fight back. Was it always this bad or did Sekiro just open my eyes?

My big fetish would be to see Lady Maria get hanged but not break her neck after she falls through the trapdoor so she would kick and struggle as she chokes. But being abused by Maria would be pretty hot too. Imagine Friede and Maria kicking your ass, tying you in a chair and teasing you by lezzing out in front of you and making fun of you.

Attached: Dzt-wtmXgAAenZV.jpg (680x680, 69K)

>glaring flaws
What glaring flaws?
>despite still being comparable to DaS III.
How so? Dark Souls 3 is Dark Souls with Bloodborne stapled to it. It manages to have the strengths of neither and also has FFXIII tier world design.

>"different setting means it's better because I love the setting so much"
>thinks people actually think like this
>calls everyone else generic and normie based on this really fragile strawman

Attached: yikes.jpg (502x504, 51K)

Wait they have different move sets in phase II?

Reminder.

Attached: DSP Difficulty Metrid Updated.jpg (1154x4450, 2.14M)

It was always that bad.

If you truly want to suffer, try doing a pure sorcerer playthrough, and the way how they built the game around Bloodborne's shitty R1spam mechanic is extremely becomes obvious.

>only 210 deaths in sekiro
how in the fuck

He got gud.
Reminder that most of Yea Forums couldn't get past Chained Ogre.

Attached: DSP Chained Ogre.webm (888x500, 2.81M)

again, if you knew anything, you would know that DSP's ludwig and general old hunters deaths are not tallied in that total
He died to ludwig alone like 80 times

He beat Isshin in like 3 tries as well

It isn't a strawman if people very commonly accuse DaS III as being generic in design while mentioning elements in BB that all amount to "the setting is different, DaS III still has a european fantasy setting. Because BB came out first and has a staunchly different setting DaS III is now derivative".

yes. If you beat the demon from the deep first you will get the prince demon to shoot a big laser at you and fly more often like a faggot

if you beat the demon in pain first you will get a more vicious prince demon that won't stop trying to beat you to a pulp and will shoot fireballs that hurt like a bitch if they get to touch you

First of all, the setting is a huge part of these games.
Second of all, Bloodborne plays infinitely better than Hallway Spam O/R1 Souls 3.

Attached: Simon's Bowblade.webm (960x540, 3M)

loved the schadenfreude across all the titles he played
I was surprised by how proficient he was in sekiro though. Isshin 3 tries? Pretty impressive.

Attached: yharnam_kek.jpg (350x335, 61K)

How are ds2 invasions though? Seems like you're kind of fucked if you can't heal.

>true ending
at that point this could be his 6th run. If its his first, it means he's using a guide, so who cares at that point? (i didnt watch, and i dont watch lets plays)

please elaborate on the shit pots

dude, this is all he does in his life. He sits in front of the console playing videogames and begs for money online.

Achsually he had over 300 deaths when he played Scholar of the First Sin

Everyone and their mothers is doing no hit runs nowadays. DSP is a massive brainlet so he has to settle for this.

>BB fan shits on Ds3
They're like the same exact fucking game but one has a good world and the other has good bosses

Translation: He's /ourguy/.

Attached: DSP Dark Souls Backstabs.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

I watched him play DeS and DaS1 live and after he got rekt a few times by a boss he had to ''take a break'' after which he ''figured the boss out''. He definitely read guides on how to beat bosses between and even during streams.

Attached: 1554406865966.jpg (827x691, 153K)

yeah in a sense he is

youtube.com/watch?v=qfVk4bhR60k

Gael can be cheesed?

>They're like the same exact fucking game
Not at all. Dark Souls 3 is a bad version of Dark Souls mixed with a bad version of Bloodborne.
Also, why in 2019, are people still perpetuating the myth that Dark Souls 3 has good bosses?

Yeah, just roll your face across O and R1.

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

so if the roll was replaced with an anime dash you would be fine with 3, glad we've established that

Cope.

Attached: Orphan of Kos - Beast Claws.webm (768x432, 2.99M)

^___^
youtube.com/watch?v=zcexOUib_B0&t=367s

by the way there was once a time the dancer and the champ were easier to cheese with an immortal master NPC. But that one was patched.
Gael had at least 3 or 4 patches until they stopped doing patches, but they didn't bother to patch this cheese in none of them.

2 is a literal pleb filter and most of Yea Forums is so fucking casual that they've been filtered HARD by it

>Teleporter Man
Wait a minute. Sounds familiar to m...

Attached: 1556278494117.jpg (582x468, 20K)

What did SOTFS change so much that the game went from shit tier to god tier? Didn't it just change a couple enemy placements, and for the worse too?

>I-It's bad!
>T-they're bad!
Give me an actual argument faggot, you can mash roll 300 feet away from bloodborne bosses too

It added the best NPC

Attached: Aldia.jpg (1540x898, 1.83M)

kek someone post that comic

DS2 is the best becouse of these bois.

Attached: Loyce_Bro.jpg (500x943, 391K)

the rip headphone users NPC

It's not just that. The world slightly better and level design is noticeably more complex. The trick weapons also have more movesets and the weapon arts felt like a downgrade from both DaS2's powerstancing and BB's tricks. The dashes also cover significantly less ground than a DaS3 roll.

eh, after playing through softs and watching the best friends lets play of the original id say overall softs is better

there are some areas that have a few more enemies than normally, or different one, but it's not that much worse

but for example the runup to velstadt is a LOT better in softs and there are a couple changes that's actually better than the original

ok
so what are the changes that turn it from shit tier to god tier?

Dark Souls 3 lacks trick weapons and rallying, two integral parts of Bloodborne's faster paced combat.

>bois

Attached: grafics.jpg (268x265, 15K)

so true.

Attached: sad.png (378x368, 409K)

>Extremely heavy weight to every single attack makes everything slow as fuck and unwieldy, pain in the ass to attack properly
>Your character fucking moonwalks and slides everywhere, contrasting the otherwise hefty feel
>You get a negative hitbox if you don't level up your i-frames, because that was somehow a good idea
>Marketing consisted entirely of "LOL U GONNA DIE THE GAME IS SO HARD YOU GUYS", even the old ladies at the start of the game do this
>The "difficulty" comes from the clunky feel of the game and the large gank mobs that will be thrown at you, often they are boss fights consisting of a gank
>There is still no reason to not use a quick weapon with a buff, something that is admittedly a problem in every Dark Souls game, not just 2
>They nerfed Faith for no reason, can only use normal magic or hexes
>Game encourages you to not have a build, become a high level shitter so you can use hexes and other ridiculous things with absurd stat requirements
>The lore is great but it has too many callbacks to Dark Souls 1

Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 are the best ones. DaS2 and 3 were cash grabs created by a contract with Bamco.

Attached: The rock.jpg (324x336, 17K)

>rally
you actually use that shit, holy fuck that's embarrassing
>trick weapons
glorified 2 handing
>integral parts of Bloodborne's faster paced combat.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 551K)

Gael is a good boss though.

The roll in Dark Souls 3 is way more spammable and forgiving than Bloodborne's dash, which has a slight delay at the end of it so you can get hit if you mash it. It depends on the enemy, but more often than not you can be a braindead retard in Dark Souls 3 and roll your troubles away more than you can in Bloodborne. The only other game in the series that competes with DaS3 rolling is the ninja flip ring, which is literal easy mode but on a ring.

>High IQ Souls fans
>Play the games for the mixture of atmosphere, lore, level design, varied combat encounters, and play style freedom

>Low IQ Souls fans
>OMG IT'S SO HARD XDDD

>not cross-analyzing that smudge on the floor to discover that it's a wormhole to the nether realm

git gud faggot

You got it backwards then, the glowy orange one is Deep and the dark red one with the eye-strings is Pain.
I know for a fact Deep shoots the big lasers, but I didn't realize that Pain didn't. But then again, Pain did some huge homing meteor attack that I'd never seen Deep do.

What am I if I do it for the feeling of coming down from the adrenaline after beating the bosses?

What is it, exactly, that compels people to defend Dark Souls 3? One of gaming's biggest enigmas.

Attached: Shadow of Yharnam.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>This retard
They're basically the same fucking game except BB has enemies that can't be dodged completely to make use of the rally mechanic and less-but-overall weapons and no shields.

Average IQ

>glorified 2 handing
Not really, considering the movesets involved in switching trick forms on the fly. Rallying actually incentivises you to be aggressive and to time your attacks to regain health.
On the other hand, the weapon arts in DaS3 are a strict downgrade from powerstancing and BB's tricks.

Sounds accurate.

God DAMN you're dumb

The worlds are just as "complex" as each other, you're just delusional.

>The worlds are just as "complex" as each other
This is actually what DS3lets believe.

Attached: Bloodborne vs Dark Souls 3 Progression.png (1418x464, 648K)

I'm talking about the levels themselves, not the overall world layout. Bloodborne is almost just as linear as Dark Souls 3 is, by the way. It just masks it better.

>Bloodborne is almost just as linear as Dark Souls 3 is
Patently false. Bloodborne is linear, up until you fight and kill Amelia (although, even then you can go to Old Yharnam or by the badge that lets you bypass killing BSB); after that, you can go to the following areas: Forsaken Castle Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier, Byrgenwerth, Hemwick Charnel Lane (these can all be done in any order).

>and to time your attacks to regain health.
No, It incentives you to mash r1
>downgrade from powerstancing
powerstancing was surpassed by dual weapons (what's lost with customization is made up for with superior movesets)
>trick weapons
Pretty hard to compare, weapon arts feel more like special moves (like mlgs or dragon gs)while trick attacks feel like an extra way to attack (like rolling/running) with a few exceptions

>It incentives you to mash r1
We're talking about Bloodborne, not Dark Souls 3. Keep up.

Attached: Bloodborne Clean Up.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

>BB lists every single bonfire
>Ds3s only lists areas
nice

>spawn in Central Yharnam, forced to go to the Cathedral Ward
>then you're forced into the Forbidden woods, which then brings the player character to Yaharghul, then the nightmare of Mensis, then the Hunter's Dream
There's no sequence breaking here, all the mandatory levels are forced to be completed in a straight line, just like Dark Souls 3. It's absolutely nothing like Dark Souls or even Demon's Souls. The only difference is, as I stated, Bloodborne hides its linearity better than Dark Souls 3 does. The Cathedral Ward is somewhat of a mini hub zone of sorts in the overworld. When first entering the zone, there's the option to either go to the end of the Ward (mandatory), old Yharnam (optional),or Hemwick (optional) then as the game progresses, other zones open up such as the Upper Cathedral Ward. It hides its overt linearity by just adding more optional zones to the Cathedral Ward as the story progresses, but don't delude yourself into thinking Bloodbornes overall progression isn't linear just like Dark Souls 3's is.

Dark Souls 3
>open in Cemetary of Ash, forced to go to High Wall of Lothric
>after reaching the end of the wall, either go up into Lothric Castle or down into the Undead Settlement
>if going up, this splits off into either reaching the door to the Grand Archives or going to the Consumed King's Garden
>if going down, forced to do Undead Settlement, which leads to Road of Sacrifices, which splits off either into the Farron Woods or Cathedral of the Deep, etc, etc
Dark Souls 3 just doesn't have its own Cathedral Ward. If it did you people wouldn't be bitching about it so much.

>only stops r1 mashing when hit
They're equally mashy, thanks for proving my point
The difference is BB heals you for r1 mashing

Why are you posting this webm of enemies that can be r1 spammed to death? Dark Souls 3 has the same thing, by the way.

I never claimed the game was as non-linear as Dark Souls or Demon's Souls because, as you pointed out, it's not; but it gives you far more agency in where to go next over Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 you are pretty much always forced to simply go forward to the next area, whereas Bloodborne significantly opens up after the first third of the game, thanks to all optional side areas.

Bloodborne recommends r1 spam more than Dark Souls 3 does simply because rally exist. None of the enemies in your webm even have poise.

>uls 3 you are pretty much always forced to simply go forward to the next area
But this isn't true at all unless you're a fucking retard. The game gives the player the option to either go to Undead Settlement or Lothric Castle right at the very end of the High Wall of Lothric, and this is possible at the start of the game.

Even if you distilled the combat to a spam strat, generalize Bloodborne's weapons and simplified them down to their best attacks, they STILL play differently.

-"The Saws are just spamming R1 constantly"
-"The Axe is just holding R2"
-"The Whirligig saw is just holding L2"
-"The Rakuyo is just spamming L2"
-"The Burial Blade is just abusing the OP motion attacks"
-"The Chikage is just spamming chasedown attacks"
-"The Saif is just spamming delayed R1s to close gaps"

For DaS3, it always usually is R1.

And that is one example and hilariously enough, you are gated from progressing very far because you need to kill the three Lords of Cinder that aren't the Twin Princes before that area opens up in any substantial way.

So you're just going to ignore how a bunch of weapons in Dark Souls 3 also have LT/L2 (weapon arts, some of them are absolutely OP like the fucking spin to win ones) or RT/R2 for heavier weapons. Congratulations of showing how bias you are towards Bloodborne.

>powerstancing was surpassed by dual weapons
Absolutely not.

Attached: 1556768530312.gif (170x200, 41K)

tpbp

So you're going to bring up how Bloodborne has optional Content while just ignoring that DS3 also has optional content? You really are a bias shitposter.

>Bloodborne has multiple full areas that can be done in any order
>Dark Souls 3 teases a later area
It's almost like there's an enormous difference.

>Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are the best ones. Das1, DaS2, and 3 were cash grabs created by a contract with Bamco.
FTFY

>>Bloodborne has multiple full areas that can be done in any order
That's a lie because Hemwick Lane blocks access to Cainhurst, and the Upper Cathedral Ward is locked off until later in the game. Yaharghul, early, is alsopointless because a majority of it is locked until Rom is killed.Did you not just say that you weren't trying to say that Bloodborne is like Demon's Souls in regards to its progression? This post of yours goes out of its way to try and make it seem like it is when it clearly isn't.

It's perfect.

-"The Straight Swords are just spamming R1 constantly"
-"The Ultra Greatswords are just holding R2"
-"The Twin Weapons are just spamming L1"
-"The Crucifix is just spamming L2"
-"The Frayed Blade is just abusing the OP weapon art attacks"
-"The Katana is just spamming chasedown attacks"
-"The halberd is just spamming delayed R1s to close gaps"
*cough*

>what is the Consumed King's Garden
>what are Untended Graves
>What are Dragon Barracks

Reminder he's been doing this for 3 years. Three years. Das2contrarians are truly a new strain of autism.

>DaS in the same tier as DeM

What, it is an improvement in every single way. Sekiro is simply not the same, gameplay is better but eveything else is worse, and everything else really matters when it comes to Souls games.
The only game I would say could be considered better is Bloodborne, but still the lack of an interconnected world is still a huge problem, I just don't understand why they keep doing the Demons Souls formula, DaS formula the natural step forward.

So for me

>DaS, BB>DeS>DS3, Sekiro>>>>DS2

>Yaharghul, early, is alsopointless because a majority of it is locked until Rom is killed.
Weak bait, lad. Going to the underground jail early allows you to farm Twin Blood Shards, unlock shortcuts which can later help you bypass obstacles when you return to Yahar'ghul, lets you fight Darkbeast Paarl.

>unrivaled
>no red eye or blue eye orbs
yeah fuck off

>weak bait lad, going to Lothric Castle lets you farm titanite and unlock shortcuts to the garden which can later help you by giving you better materials for upgrades for the Dragon Barracks and the Grand Archives
You're incredibly bias and I think you're aware of it. You just don't want to admit that Bloodborne's progression is just as linear ar Dark Souls 3's.

They like the level up waifu from demons but can't seem to come up with a way to force her using DaS's system, which is weird because 'I'd just make her summonable to any bonfire.

>Bloodborne's progression is just as linear ar Dark Souls 3's.
Why would I admit things that are blatantly not true?

Are you going to ignore again?

Tell me where Dark Souls 3 gives you access to go to more than three new areas at any point in the game.

>What, it is an improvement in every single way
No World Tendency. Dying no longer cuts HP in Half. Progression is far more linear in Dark Souls in comparison to Demon's Souls (can only go in 3 direction at the start of Dark Souls while in Demon's Souls it's 5), the bosses are worse and far less interesting, the zone shortcuts in Demon's Souls make more sense (in Dark Souls it feels like the shortcuts were just made for the player and not to exactly fit the world itself), Blighttown in Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls has its fair share of aspects that are objectively better than Dark Souls counterparts.

>objectively
I don't think you know what this word means.

>that
>good
user
thats just circle strafing. thats baby stuff

Attached: dreaded linguini turnabout.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

PvE: BB > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > DaS2

PvP: DaS2 > DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > BB

Attached: 1506032292415.png (347x451, 220K)

Bloodborne doesn't give immediate access to more than three new zones at any given time, either. Anything that might be is locked off until later in the game, the most the game ever does in one sitting is 3, arguably 3, as soon as the Cathedral Ward is reached, and Dark Souls 3 does the same damn thing at the High Wall of Lothric.

Yes, because being less linear isn't objectively superior. Or is more linearity fine when Dark Souls does it?

Loyce armor has a female exclusive secret effect, user.

>best gesture in the series (shrug)
>trapped chests
>breakable punishable chests
>best ncp invasions
>bonfire esthetics=refighting bosses with better soul drops for boss weapons
>invasion system disabled taking estus except for host, summons and invader had to use spells to heal
>you had to block invasions instead being human to get invaded, making it more tense to enter new areas, especially early zones
>could farm upgrade mats by invading
im sure there are more, that game had a lot of shit they decided not to reuse.

Attached: 1393793914909.jpg (593x775, 158K)

Lost Kingdoms was their best game.

>Bloodborne doesn't give immediate access to more than three new zones at any given time, either.
After Amelia, you can go to the following: Forbidden Woods, Castle Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier.

>Or is more linearity fine when Dark Souls does it?
Considering Dark Souls has a huge cohesive world that gives a far greater and more rewarding sense of exploration, yes it is.

Well that certainly sounds like an opinion.

Of course it's an opinion. Linearity is neither objectively good or bad.

>more than three
So you can't count?
After reaching the High Wall of Lothric, the player can either go to the Consumed Gardens, the Dragon Barracks, or the Undead Settlement. That isn't more than three. See that?

Fucking hilarious because people go out of their way to shit on 3 for being too linear while acting like it's a fact, less linearity is objectively superior because it lets the player decide how they want to progress through the world, either following the recommended paths or not. Being railroaded across the entire game is not better than the alternative.

>Consumed Gardens, the Dragon Barracks
Both are part of Lothric Castle.

>After Amelia, you can go to the following: Forbidden Woods, Castle Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier.
...and the Hunter's Nightmare.

Attached: 1454389264630.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

>Being railroaded across the entire game is not better than the alternative.
In your opinion.

Lothric Castle is just one general area, this is like saying that Central Yharnam and the Cathedral Ward only count as one zone because they're both a part of Yharnam.

We aren't talking about DLC.

>We aren't talking about DLC.
Still valid. That's a whole area you can do right after Amelia, which is pretty early in the game.

You can dash or quick step in Dark Souls 3 if you use a dagger. I wouldn't say it's worth it but if you wanna make a dagger build just because you wanna dash so bad you can.

>weapon arts felt like a downgrade
While that is kinda true for common weapons most boss weapons and especially the DLC weapons have more complex movesets than even BB's trick weapons. I know because I've used them, and I also have played Bloodborne. I have to admit I had trouble using Bloodborne's weapon moves to do effective combos though. I mostly used R1/R2 regular stuff, maybe because I was a BB noob. But just the twin greatswords alone in 3 amazed me with the possible combos I could make, the ice scythe too and others.

So then by this logic I can say that Dark Souls 3 splits off into 4 zones right after reaching the Road of Sacrifice. We were never talking about the DLC, just the vanilla games.

This is akin to counting Byrgenwerth as a separate area, rather than a minor extension to Forbidden Woods.

youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs
This ranking is perfect

>This is akin to counting Byrgenwerth as a separate area, rather than a minor extension to Forbidden Woods.
But that's exactly what every one does on their Bloodborne Maps. See

>We're talking about Bloodborne, not Dark Souls 3. Keep up.
>posts a webm where he only mashes r1
What did he mean by this?

-c & cheese

see Fuck.

>See
I don't have enough insight.

That's obviously a very disingenuous image. You can extrapolate Dark Souls 3's world in a similar way.

Attached: Dark Souls 3 Bonfires.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)