I usually laugh at people who bought a Switch, but you guys should play this game. It’s really great...

I usually laugh at people who bought a Switch, but you guys should play this game. It’s really great. I’m glad that more people get to play it. Easily one of my favorites.

Attached: 880FD3A5-54A6-438C-9607-7E6833D45D84.jpg (1003x1411, 327K)

Or just use an emulator?

damn Penelo is a fine ass girl

this. It runs like dog shit on switch. Cheap port for $50+

zodiac age is on pc tho

nah the quality of life changes in the Xbox and Switch make it much better. Though it is a bit to pricey so most should wait for a sale

Why the heck doesn't the PAL (also NA?) version of the game have that cover?
This one is great but the one in the OP is even better in my opinion.

Attached: 817REtxSilL._SL1500_.jpg (1202x1500, 197K)

QoA changes? Like what? Press a button and the game plays itself?

I am and its good. Why do people hat this game again? I kinda bounced off because of how slow it was back on the PS2 but I'm having a blast now even without the x2-x4 speed thing.

Just bought it on Switch, and playing for the first time.

Well the new music and touches that no amount of emulator filtering can copy are nice...for $20 anyways.

Considering Yea Forums is recommending it, I will gladly avoid it.

It kinda does.

Attached: 2019-05-04 09.59.46.jpg (1080x1920, 496K)

Just realized it's reversable. Fucking nice.

>tfw have this cover but its all rusty and shit

Attached: ffxii_ce_ps2_ntsc_02.jpg (900x600, 133K)

Poor Basch

People hated it literally just because it was different. I mean sure Vaan is clearly a backseat protag, but that hardly ruins the game. It didn’t feel any slower than FF 4-9 either. It was literally atb where you can move around and press “x” less if you WANTED to.

also the resetting of the job system and the option to make 3 setups of gambits for each characters. The speeding up feature on all the remakes really helps deal with long ass battles

It does? That's great.
Vaan is not the (main) protagonist, Ashe is.

Don't overthink party builds, the game never gets that hard that a complete fuck up of a combination even matters, some party members come with a free cure and multiple classes have also multiple tiers of cure, just follow your dreams.

>Got this kino on PS4
>They're now adding QoL changes to every version besides PS4
This combined with the retarded shit Sony is doing is making buyers remorse set in, only the few exclusives are making me keep it

It's literally out on PC anyway so you wouldn't even need to

7/10 game at best. 6/10 for the vanilla PS2 version.

Pic related.

Attached: ff12flaws.png (1305x373, 61K)

This shitty copypasta has been refuted so many times

Unsuccessfully so, perhaps. It still rings true.

Works fine for me

Except it doesn't

I'm probably going to go buy it today. It's 41 on Amazon. Get a Target price match.

>not Balthier
pleb

>576p

POWER

OF

THE

SHITCH

>Can only think about the numbers and not the function
This is your brain on muh grafix.

What the fuck resolution is that

1024x576
The same resolution Dark Souls 1 runs on PS3/X360 and Prepare to Die without mods on PC.

It does, though. Half the cast is unimportant and was shoehorned into the game by SE exec decisions. The plot falls off a cliff after Mt. Bur-Omisace. Vayne doesn't get nearly enough presence as a villain. The gameplay mostly comprises of slow, boring dungeon crawling in pointless large and fragment locales. The Gambit system automates away too much of the battles. The original license board was lacking in good role dispersion incentives and often led to homogenized skill builds. The list goes on. That pasta is on-point as fuck.

...?
It's not about taste.

>I blindly believe everything on Yea Forums: The Post
Bet you also believe the NPC bullshit

>doesn't know Balthier refers to himself being the main man
Did you even play the game?

Attached: 1554813531835.jpg (900x900, 98K)

It's the last good FF game.

you just need to realize that most of plot is the political crap that happens outside of the party's involvement.

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made a cast that barely says anything and almost never interacts with each other
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took Final Fantasy Tactics' setting and made it a poor man's Star Wars
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story and spend their time traipsing through non-descript caves and ruins
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if instead of fun side quests we had only fetch/kill quests like in some generic MMO
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music

Attached: vaan-victoria-beckham.jpg (437x283, 26K)

I realized this as soon as the first actual dungeon that everything cool happens without me. I don't need a game to experience what happens to me in real life thanks.

Yeah, more than a decade ago and I don't remember the characters' lines.
That's why I'm interested in the remastered version of the game.

>not Balthier

>people still complain that Vaan is a terrible protagonist
>the same people love Balthier and wish he was the protagonist, despite being a character that is such a donutsteel Mary Sue that he became a judge when he was only 16 years old, and then left it all behind to become a pirate

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

Stop posting and go buy it. It's worth it.

Attached: 1552220601205.jpg (333x333, 45K)

try again

Attached: 1555085467274.jpg (770x750, 225K)

>FF
>FF12

Attached: 1459148974770.png (617x461, 289K)

I don't think it holds up very well. Combat is literally more primitive and less interactive than other real-time party-based RPGs that were released 20+ years ago (e.g. Baldur's Gate).

>someone from Yea Forums tells me it's worth it
Thank you for confirming I shouldn't buy it.

>it's a "switch gets a port of a game that came out 20 years ago" thread

Attached: 1555617300105.jpg (234x250, 20K)

Attached: 1547142730463.jpg (400x505, 133K)

>scat fetish

The zodiac job system is available on updated isos of XII, you can speed up in emulators, and fair enough about the gambits.

>le you haven't played the game XD
Please have an actual argument.

>not Basch
nerd

this game looks awesome on PC but yeah the story is ruined by Vaan who wasn't even supposed to be in the game and the pacing is shit

Attached: 1556048518801.jpg (626x625, 112K)

most overrated Yea Forumscore game imaginable, i've tried to like it so many times since release, including playing the zodiac version, but it's impossible to get past the fact that the game is just a neverending autobattling grindfest with a paper thin plot you'll forget about with the many hours that exist between cutscenes.

>buying into Balthier's bullshit

Fran even calls him out on it at the end of the game.

So literally every FF game?

Daily reminder that Vayne was right. You may not agree with his methods but he was right.

Attached: 1533235204939.jpg (1280x746, 429K)

besides being a massive hypocrite