Why didn't you play Etrian Odyssey Untold 2?

Why didn't you play Etrian Odyssey Untold 2?
It's the best game in the series but the sales were shit compared to the other games

Attached: 1460992259416.png (500x439, 327K)

because I'm still defeating the stupid postgame dragons with the retarded story party in EOU1
kill me please

why is arianna looking at me like that?

EO3U and Arianna's reunion with Fafnir when?

Attached: 1556213580569.jpg (749x541, 115K)

Because I don't give a shit about the story mode but the whole game was balanced around the OP Fafnir Knight.

I pirated it
it was okay

Attached: 1459268026239.jpg (600x668, 203K)

Because the game is extremely homophobic.

Yo I’ve always been interested in these games but never sure where to start

I was interested in the Millenium Girl or whatever but people here told me not to for some reason. Where should I jump in? The original? The newest one?

IV is a really good starting point.

Atlus made the bone headed decision to release it against ORAS. Why the fuck did they think it was a great idea to release it against fucking Pokemon?

Attached: 1552290543955.jpg (376x372, 90K)

Maybe they thought there was not enough overlap between the two franchises? Casuals and kids would go for pokemon, while the more serious weebs would go for EO.

You can start there, it's fine

EO3 was the last good EO

n3v3r 3v3r ;_;
I'm hoping they still have plans for a 3U and give a satisfying conclusion to the Arianna and Fafnir romance sub plot. A Ricky/Highlander cameo would be nice as well

Attached: 1552886317827m.jpg (724x1024, 142K)

3/4

2U bombing was good because it made Atlus immediately dial back the retarded DLC decisions and even made Atlus USA give them away for free

Attached: 1509219823138.png (1000x1000, 1.55M)

i liked so much 3's ship minigame, and airship from 4, 5 was so boring after 3 and 4, UO1 story mode is shit. classic is bearable i think.

My plan is to play EO4 -> le millenom girl -> untold 2
Probably won't get to U2 before I die

Always been tempted to try the series, but people say it's even more grueling than Strange Journey/PMD and those games routinely slapped my shit

All that became moot point when the buzz and the noise of a Gen 3 remake release practically drowned out any fanfare or attention 2U would get. I think Atlus foolishly underestimated the juggernaut that is Pokemon.

I struggled less with the later EOs than I did with SJ desu.

Every time I mean to start an EO game, another one comes out then I put off playing that one and another one comes out. Which should I start with? I was planning on playing V finally.

>going with Armoroad unlocks Highlander class after a Ricky/Highlander side quest
>going with Deep City unlocks Fafnir class after an Arianna/Fafnir side quest

Honestly, I would say that "best" would be
Four > 1 > 2u > 3 > 5 > X, this is mostly because Four is the turning point of change in the series going to 3d models and such. You can actually start with any of the games because they're not connected in the slightest, so you don't have to worry about spoiling yourself by mistake if you care about the limited plot.
My line up is also a bit of just "get the worst ones out of the way first", but 2U, 5, and 3 are all amazing entries in the series in their own way.

Attached: 2b16HZH.jpg (474x720, 95K)

1u > 2u

4u

4 is better than 3, 1 or 5

Attached: 1547987162349.png (204x180, 26K)

Honestly, in my book, the SMT/SJ difficulty only comes in the 5th and 6th stratum.
If it's too hard for you, you can always play on picnic till you feel strong.

Incorrect. 2U has F.Highlander.

Attached: E7fMnL7.jpg (1353x960, 248K)

My personal answer is start with the one that looks most interesting to you. But most would say to play in this order:
3 > 4 > 1U > 2U > 5 > Nexus. Original 1 and 2 if you are feeling curious, but mechanically, those are the roughest entries.

I'm sleepy, what I really meant was 1u > 1

Oh that's natural of course! But at the same time, I won't knock anyone that enjoys the classic roots of the series, especially the lovely sprite work.

False, Four is DOGSHIT and even worse than EOMD

Attached: 1467411689325.jpg (1000x1400, 307K)

I played it, but eventually I became too shit to do damage and run out of tp on the boss in the 4th or 5th stratum so I stopped

I agree

Four objectively has the best class roster and character development system out of any mainline game in series.
It also has some of the best dungeons and music in series as well as an overworld that actually matters.

Attached: 1527131644673.jpg (640x480, 115K)

4 is nice and good

this, I don't know why EO4 triggers certain people so badly. It's the best standalone title in the series. X is better only in gameplay options because it just brings back and adds more of why 4 was great as well as bringing in the only worthwhile additions of 5.

but I did, 110 hours, I beat the cores and have been to stratum 6 at least

Attached: 1499230893863.jpg (1550x1836, 300K)

X versions of 4's classes are kinda fucking overnerfed though.
>Nightseeker only gets +50% damage passive against ailing enemies at most
>Imp gets turbofucked before he acts
>Arcanist can barely inflict anything

I'm at the bird boss and it is constantly raping me. I guess I should grind more but I'm starting to lose my drive. Is there much more after it?

Post team

Your shitty dark library cannot hold a candle to porcelain forest, let alone Cyclopean Haunt, and not a single track from four has the same claim to fame as End of the raging waves or calling that detestable name.

I bought the game, but I have a rare genetic disorder that causes me to hoard Etrian Odyessy games specifically. I'll buy a new one on release, play a few hours and never touch it again, then repeat the process with the next entry. I like the games, too, but I keep dropping them inexplicably.

You obviously didn't play the game if you believe that. Fafnir doesn't even get OP until the 4th Stratum and even then all the other offensive classes are also capable of doing insane damage.

>It also has some of the best dungeons and music in series as well as an overworld that actually matters.
The dungeons are the worst in the series though. The music is great though, I'll agree that it's easily in the top 3 in the series in that regard alongside 3 and 5.

I do the same. They are prime comfy, but I usually eventually hit a wall I do not care to climb. Planning the party is the most fun part anyway.

story mode or classic?

which game

2 looked extremely generic. What makes it "the best"?

Story team

the dungeons don't look that otherworldly since they're "just" forests in different seasons, but that exactly makes it super comfy to me. In EO2 DS I went through each stratum in its appropriate season IRL (I cleared pic related last autumn) and it was bliss.

Also Warmage a cute

Attached: 014-015.jpg (3000x2138, 2.26M)

>We are now moving quickly toward a completely new world for the Etrian Odyssey series that everyone has supported thus far. We are working hard to realize this passion as quickly and properly as possible, so please continue to give us your support.
It seems like the devs want to do something different and bigger than previous titles. What do you want from a modern console EO release? Personally
>Full 3D environments
>Day/Night cycle
>Co-op
>Better written story subtext
>More meaningful gameplay mechanics

Attached: __coprinopsis_atramentaria_oso_teki_kinoko_gijinka_zukan_drawn_by_oso_toolate__cccaeff504cf126891c1b (750x1125, 239K)

I was busy playing naoto's EO game.

Attached: e103bdca6b9ec30adee133f300868cf0.jpg (728x768, 223K)

etrian odyssey untold 1 and etrian odyssey untold 2