What is the cast iron pan of the videogame industry?

What is the cast iron pan of the videogame industry?

IE: A dogshit useless meme perpetuated by elitists merely for posturing purposes?

Attached: file.png (628x442, 179K)

I like cast iron
One time purchase while other pans get scratched and have to be replaced around 3-5 years

>he's never actually used good cast iron before
So sad

muh seasoning

How do you prevent everything getting stuck to cast iron?

>Cooking at all instead of just buying already ready food

lmao grow up and get a job.

what the fuck are you on about?
t.chef

it retains heat very well so you don't turn it up as much as a normal skillet. op is a fag.

Lose weight

>used for hundreds of years
>extremely cheap
>used by 'elitists'

lol

>tfw too lazy to buy cast iron
>just use cheap teflon stuff

Nintendo, literaly nobody but growth stunted faggots still pretend to care about that company.

have sex with food

I like using things that I put effort into. The satisfaction I get from it is worth the extra work required to use it. Also the knowledge that I can use it for decades, in the case of a cast iron skillet, makes me happy.

A video game that gives me a similar feeling would be Haven & Hearth. Lots of autistic effort just for a small feeling of satisfaction and comfort

>limiting yourself to corporate foods
enjoy your corn syrup addiction and compromised immune system

I know it's bait, but this is the most versatile pan you can use, especially for the fact that you can use it to cook outside

Water cooling

t. 300lbs amerilard who has never cooked for himself in his life

>cook outside
NOthing tastier than dirt and bugs!

i sell pots and pans.

Cast iron is the best safest natural nonstick and the only downside is old ladies complain its too heavy

Chemical nonstick found in most pans is disposable and ends up in your gut. If it can withstand hot fire, how long do you think the flakes will last in your gut?

Stainless steel is also king

Ceramic is okay

Carbon steel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cast iron

What's the advantage of iron over steel

"Cast iron is a meme" is my favorite meme.

have lunch

I want to buy a set but i have a fucking glass top stove. I fear ill set it down to hard and fucking destroy it.

>old ladies complain its too heavy

LMAO GRANNY DOESN'T EVEN LIFT

cast iron / carbon steel can be seasoned and made to be non-stick, stainless can't.

it gives you resistance to anemia.

Dark Souls

Just get carbon steel it's literally the exact same as cast iron but lighter depending on thickness.

Cast Iron has more thermal mass/heat retention, IE, it's going to lose less of its heat when you dump the food in, and that means its easier to maintain a consistent cooking temperature over time. Of course, since Cast Iron's going to stay at p. much the peak heat without dropping noticably when you put stuff in, it can fuck up delicate stuff like onions in an instant if you're not careful.

But when you are cooking a group of Russians dont show up and beat the shit out of you

But user.. cast iron skillets aren't cheap

what did you say

Attached: 1556595637870.jpg (635x496, 103K)

I don't even know what the pan I use is made of. Does it matter?

Never heard of it. Sounds expensive.

Half the price of non-stick pans in my country

>their granny's can't life a log, 30 produce bags a sack of potatoes and little John-John in one go

Cast iron is a lifetime investment, take care of them and you'll never need another pan.

>$20-$30 for a pan that lasts a century
>expensive

idk where the fuck you live but they are around the same price as non stick ones here
and single cast iron will last you til you die unlike non-stick
and you can, at least here, pick cast iron cookware for pennies from thrift shops, thats how i got mine

>i dont even know what im preparing my food on
>does it matter?
No. You are far to gone to be saved.

It's not popular in the US but popular everywhere else. It's only popular in the US when used for woks. I don't know why carbon steel isn't more popular in the US nowadays. In the past maybe but now it should be more used.

Used to be dirt cheap.

>Buying overpriced shit you can make in 15 mins at home

>reliable with good replay value and still just as good as the day it came out
tetris I guess

I've tried carbon steel but found it far less useful for being a 100% workhorse, as it was prone to losing seasoning with deglazing. I never had that issue with cast iron. I mostly use cast iron and stainless. I keep a single nonstick for eggs.

I'm lazy as shit and the amount of care that apparently goes into one puts me off it. That and because I hear you can't make certain foods (like pasta sauce) in it

Maybe
They think some pans can negatively affect your health if you use them when they are scratched/flaking
Some also think it changes the taste, but I can't tell the difference
I just cast iron since it's cheap and probably won't affect my health as far as scientists can tell

lol

Fat fuck this is a bideogame thread baord

>Muh old oil seasoning

I don't understand why so many of you pretend that isn't fucking disgusting. You are literaly going out of your way to eat and cook from a dirty pan.

You have the analogy backwards. HnH is the cast iron of video games. Cast iron is not the HnH of cookware

The fuck you on about retard. Clean your pan.

They require no more care than any other pan, assuming you treat your pots/pans correctly and don't just throw them into a dishwasher. The acid thing is true only if we are talking about long periods of time. You shouldn't be making pasta sauce in a skillet to begin with. If you say, want to heat up pasta sauce and toss it over noodles in your skillet? Totally fine. Cook with wine? Go for it. It will only cause issues with iron leeching if you really have an extended period of time with very acidic foods.

The oil polymerizes to create the seasoning. It's not like you're eating 7 year old flakes of butter when you cook in them.

Didn't realize they allowed downies on here now, the mud pies you make on the playground arent real food

You are burning the oils into a coating on the pan. You aren't just eating old grease, dum dum.

Any tips for stainless steel? I have some Calphalon pans but shit always sticks

How the FUCK do people on youtube have nonstick stainless steel videos. Everything I cook in them sticks, no matter if I let it get hot first or add a shitload of fat or etc.

Use oil. What are you cooking that sticks?

How regular is the seasoning thing supposed to be? My pans are cheap so I treat them with minimal respect (wash with soap and then air dry), but something tells me I shouldn't be doing that either

>tfw almost 30
>Just found out that craking a cou0le of eggs into your instant ramen majes it much more delicious and nutritious

Cast iron skillet is the best purchase I have ever made for my kitchen. Better flavor, better heat, and I don't have to worry about chinks and their lead.

>wasting money on food like a fat fuck instead of on your hobbies
>being too inept to cook without burning the house down or without mom's permission to use the range
>having an unrefined pallet that is only used to boxed macaroni and cheese, pizza rolls and frozen chicken tenders shaped like dinosaurs
Imagine what it must feel like to live such a bleak existence.

>go to /ck/
>its all food and no cooking
Can we have a board for people who had mothers who loved them and consequently don't think a soggy hotdog is the peak of cuisine?

It'a honestly been a couple years since I used them because I've been shying away from it, but eggs and shit like that. Now that I cook a lot more, I get the feeling that I was retarded though

Cast iron skillet outdoors
>only pan you'll ever need for camping
>dont even need to clean it
>can cook literally anything
>got some shit stuck to it? cleanse it with fire
>cooking bacon in it over a fire in the morning will ascend you to your planar form
>every layer of grease and soot adds character to your food so you can feel like a grizzly man evevn tho ur a bitch

Cast iron indoors
>seriously wtf r u doin
>dont fry my fucking eggs in your dirt pan u bitch
>you don't even know how to cook
>fucking just make me a saandwich you whore

Don't use soap. Hot water and scrub, then heat on the stove to dry it out before letting it cool.

It's shocking to me how many life skills people are lacking.

Most of the shit regarding constant seasoning is just autistic. You don't have to do it that much. I've seasoned my pan maybe twice and it's just as non-stick as my normal pans.

Once you get a seasoning, that's all you need to do. Most people will recommend applying a small amount of oil in the pan between uses and this is a nice way to treat your pans, but it won't fuck them if you don't. Here's the thing, people will tell you...
>Don't use soap with cast iron
Soap is fine and good. Don't soak them in soap that degreases.
>You can't get things that stick off of it
You can if you've just fucked up bad. This is true for any pan (minus nonstick). Pour some salt in the pan and a tiny bit of water and scrub.
>You have to redo the seasoning
Unless you absolutely fucked it by putting it into the dishwasher or something, you don't. After use, rinse out the pan and dry it by turning on the range until the water evaporates. Unlike thinner pans, you won't have to worry about warping and this means they get bone dry.

Eggs don't do well in any pan without a good amount of grease. Use a nonstick or be prepared to really cook them. Foods that do "cling" like proteins will un-stick after they acquire a sear. Obviously you don't want this with eggs.

user you dont have to call me out like that I'm not even the one responding to you

they are not supposed to stick, if theey stick its worn out. Stainless you can season 1 pan like a cast iron for a nonstick. The rest, just preheat the pan.

I just use butter for eggs

Why are so many people mad at this?

Time is the most important commodity in your life, and cooking takes up hilarious amounts of it. Not only the cooking itself but dishes alone will probably double the time spent actually enjoying your food.

The exception to this is cooking for someone else like a loved one, but that's a moot point here, were all alone

Attached: 00b.jpg (769x1078, 131K)

And that's fine if you use enough. As the other user said, also make sure your pan is up to temperature. Usually you wait until your butter is starting to foam.

You season the pan when you first buy it and as you continue to use it the seasoning layer gets better as long as it doesn't scorch. You also need to use oil every time you cook in it because cast-iron isn't a non-stick pan. You need to clean them a certain way and avoid using soap until the seasoning layer gets nice and strong.

No such thing. Vintage cast-iron is no better or worse than modern cast-iron.

Being able to buy whatever ingredients I wanted and cook whatever I wanted is the only thing I miss from the times when I wasn't a stinky NEET. I used to think cast iron was a meme too OP but then I stopped being a shitter like you.

Attached: fattie.webm (1052x592, 2.43M)

Thank you guy, will keep in mind if I ever buy one. Considering the cheaper ones are like

>expensive
They're $20-30 depending on the size isn't expensive. A 12" skillet will work for virtually anything you cook and they're $20 at Home Depot.

Have sex

Linux (support)

>A dogshit useless meme perpetuated by elitists merely for posturing purposes?

Unironically, the cast iron pan.

Attached: py5ktmb5uzq11.jpg (3024x4032, 1.14M)

I just used my cast iron to make bacon and eggs. It was delicious, get fucked.

Why you gotta be racist bro?

>How regular is the seasoning thing supposed to be?
Just use oil every time you cook in it, and apply a very thin layer of oil for storage. You shouldn't ever need to do any reseasoning.

/ck/ is just 'bachelor living: the board'

Yea Forums - Pans

Been a while since i've read such an honest to god reddit ass post.

>6" pan
Literally worthless.

the quake 1 engine

it does 99% of what modern tools do, at a tiny fraction of the cost. but to people with modern tools, it's inability to do certain things makes it seem hilariously archaic. but at the end of the day it does exactly the same thing as unreal, with a lower overhead.

if it sucked then 3d realms wouldn't be making a new game with it

Attached: quake1.jpg (1920x1080, 608K)

You can't be racist against chinks because they aren't human, Schlomo.

What are we considering "hilarious amounts of time" here? Most everyday dishes only take about 10 minutes of set up and then 30 minutes tops of waiting. For anything more elaborate that you can just put on an audio book or music and listen to what you like while preparing the dish. The reason why people who don't cook at all are looked down upon is because no one finds someone who can't take care of their most basic need to be a worthwhile human being, those people are usually unhealthy, lack discipline, can't manage their finances or are a bore to have around when a group of friends wants to do anything cooking related.

pubg

>he doesn't multitask while cooking
Git gud.

At work we have a ton of 8's and 12's, a few 6's...and then no 10's at all. Someone must have fucked up on initial equipment orders.

Attached: 1535070724919.jpg (538x784, 101K)

Reminder that cooking is literaly for women and if you do you are a fucking bithc lmao.-

All the people who actually cook stopped posting on /ck/ because all of the fast foodkeks get so uppity over the notion that some people actually bother cooking instead of being fat shits that they just developed a crab in a bucket mentality and shit up every single thread on the board that has any proper cooking in it. You can often see this when someone posts a picture of a perfectly fine dish and people just grasp at "muh plating" to have an excuse to be annoying contrarian fucks

Attached: 1552755883943.jpg (868x868, 131K)

>go 12 or end yourself

it's not racist when literally the only country in the developed world that has a problem with lead poisoning is china

so yeah, its chinks. the japanese aren't chinks, the koreans aren't chinks, that is pretty strictly a chinese slur. and the problem we are referring to is strictly a chinese problem.

its about as racist as saying that jews cut their foreskins off

>it's inability to do certain things
What are these certain things?

>reminder that the people who can't cook are worst than children that couldn't take care of themselves

literally anything complex

If you swap out food with video games, this actually fits Yea Forums pretty well.

try sauteeing things or cooking an egg in a cast iron pan

try curved surfaces and transparency in the quake 1 engine

you really don't really need either but if you're doing something that requires doing those things its a completely useless tool

Health is equally important and no one eating out regularly is healthy.

Have salad

>not enough time to cook
>still enough time to shitpost on Yea Forums
hmm, really makes you think

It's true that I play the fast foods of videogames

>eating something when you don't know the recipe behind it nor even the hygiene level
>doesn't know 3michelin/5star cooks actually "ACTUALLY" spit on your food if you pissed them off once just so to flex on you and even make you sick because they apparently have an infectious disease.
>at the very unworst they'd only slide your steak on that garbage bin before putting the dressing.

I could see 8" for small dishes or for morning breakfast (I would prefer using a stainless pan over cast-iron in either case), but 6" is just so small. It just seems so worthless because anything I would cook in a pan that small I wouldn't use cast-iron for in the first place.

8 is plenty big enough for most things I'm cooking, and 12 is just too big for anything that isn't.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cast iron.

i know right no wonder so many people on Yea Forums end up being literal faggots and eventual trannies lmao.

Cooking is basicaly the same shit as taking HRT fucking kek.

Attached: file.png (1300x1300, 1.82M)

I mean, I KNOW this is bait, but it still gets me. Because there are people out there who actually think like this.

It's made of foam.

If your stainless pan could be magnetized throw them away, they have nickel trace even if they claim they're three number code whatever thing they classify metals.
Glass/clay pot pans are the best

>hilarious amounts of it
Unless you're making things like bread and pasta from scratch every time it really doesn't take much longer than 30 minutes to cook a meal.

Cast iron is amazing, especially dutch ovens.

Though my favorite pan ever is stoneware. Shit is awesome and literally impossible for anything to stick to. Only shortfall is it has a rubber handle so I can't put it in the oven.

Of course it does, this entire website got invaded by a bunch of shitheads who think this is THE place to go when they want to vent off their contrarian mood swings without getting downvotes on their reddit accounts. I'll say that at least Yea Forums still has discussions about proper video games more often than /ck/ talks about proper cooking. And this place might be obsessed with trannies and SJWs but at least it still isn't SEETHING over a video of a recipe made by a Larper

Attached: 1549988073313.jpg (1008x945, 152K)

lmao

>there's bubble formation on the upper right side of the pan

lmao, enjoy your cancer

>tfw I do both
It's a pretty rewarding feeling when someone else enjoys your cooking. When was the last time you did something nice for another person?

>at least it still isn't SEETHING over a video of a recipe made by a Larper
please elaborate

>All these cooklets that don't know the true satisfaction of cooking a loving meal for your family and friends

There is still time to trascend user.

Attached: gtydhb.png (2000x1000, 3.24M)

Enjoy teflon being in your blood.

>Getting ready food instead of just taking in the natural sunlight for energy.

lmao grow up and learn photosynthesis

Attached: 291902870031211.png (202x216, 68K)

>Trannies that also cook

Literaly don't exist, i don't believe you.

>food outside
>cooked with copper pan and contains high amounts of E
>cooked with unknown pan containing nickel giving you several kinds of allergies
>oh that's aluminum pan, great. it's made with recycled surgical grade aluminum from chinese hospitals

Also
>food cooked with nonstick pans contain PFOA and literally a aerospace-grade teflon that could give you liver problems and several organ failure

I got one from Target and idk if it's just that Target has shit quality brands or I'm too retarded to season correctly but eventually the edges of the inner pan by the wall all start looking like they're chipping away. I only really have experience on teppanyaki grills so big cast iron cooking is foreign to me.

The one in OPs pic is 30 dollars

>guy makes cooking videos based on 18th century cooking
>he dresses up for the act, does it on a set and uses the proper utensils and sources, makes solid and wholesome content
>makes a recipe called the "orange fool" and titles it as is in pic related
>the recipe name and the video title are both straight from the book he used as a source
>retards who used his channel to larp about the times when America was great get uppity because they think the youtuber is attacking Trump
>to this day /ck/ and his comment section still has retards seething and foaming over it
He also made videos about the origins of american BBQ which ties in to slavery, so he invited some black historian who knows his shit about BBQ and that made the retards uppity once again

Attached: SEETHING.png (819x433, 245K)

Fightsticks

Rain world. A awesome game, but teflon
casuals can never beat even first area.
Season it. Look up some vids on youtube.

I liked that guy's video on salt pork. Of course /pol/ would come in and ruin something innocuous.

Not to mention you can really easily impress the modern day female with it