Why are steam reviews so disconnected from any decent review platform? Is it because they're easy to raid?

Why are steam reviews so disconnected from any decent review platform? Is it because they're easy to raid?

Attached: 1556976006213.png (2224x1380, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stores.horiusa.com/ace-combat-7-hotas-flight-stick-for-playstation-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does anyone even care about reviews? Can no one form their own opinion anymore?

What do we think of this post, Yea Forums?

because they aren't bought and paid for

its pretty faggy

10/10. Would read again.

>It is not exactly engaging or fun
What's the fucking point then?

Shut the fuck up

eh, solid 7/10. He spelled his words right and formed his sentences fine, but the drawback is he's a fag

it's edycational

He makes some good points, but the lack of an approachable score really ruins it

What do you mean? The userscores are mostly negative on metacritic aswell.

>as if paid "journalists" opinions mean anything against the opinion on paying consumers

Attached: 1491542042999.jpg (308x308, 28K)

userscore vs "professional journalists"

Just a reminder that every time you reply to a thread like this without saging, you are part of the problem.

But the game is actually garbage. Pretty much every other Paradox game including the god awfull HoI4 is more entertaining.

Because 95% of people don't make reviews unless they feel personally slighted.

>"Classic Paradox launch" as a plus

Attached: 1407014517855.jpg (791x1024, 129K)

Sometimes there's a $60 entry fee, you fucking bug.

Reviews mean shit. Why don't you show the user score in metacritic which is as bad as the steam one?

OP need fuck off

Attached: Capture.jpg (686x418, 52K)

"Gamers" think they know better than a professional only because they paid for a game and played it for a few hours. It's sad really but common in the entertainment industry

>honest opinion is now raiding

Attached: 1556790547099.jpg (1008x720, 43K)

steam reviews are full of 13 year old steam kiddies and manbabies. Why would anyone take them serious? Once anyone attacks their master "gaben" they go crazy and downvote every game of the developer attacking their master like the cucks they are.

Don't you enjoy paying 40 bucks for a barebone game with suboptimal performance and questionable design choices?

It's the difference between the consumer's view based on practical things and the critic's view based on mental masturbation.

reviewer didnt pay for the game
customer paid for the game

Reviewers got payed.

It's all reviews to be honest. Nobody can think subjectively anymore. It's always "I don't like" = "this game sucks"

it would be cheaper to create a bunch of dummy accounts and give steam games positive reviews

well like states the average player is a customer. you received a product that you weren't satisfied with you'd complain as well right? reviewers don't have to think about customer satisfaction and they can (if they have journalistic integrity) evaluate the game from a purely objective standpoint.

Depends on how many negatives it has, otherwise they'll just waste time and money making several dummy accounts, paying for the game and then playing it for 2 hours so you can't refund either

Most review critics don't get video games. They'll rate on what they feel the mass will think. Consumers are just dumb and rate based on external factors outside the game itself.

>paying for your own game
are you retarded?

It's a terrible first post to this thread, 7/10 it's okay.

>it would be cheaper to create a bunch of dummy accounts and give steam games positive reviews
>reate a bunch of dummy accounts and give steam games positive reviews
>dummy accounts and give steam games
Are you are implying devs get their own games for free in dummy accounts?

negative reviews on a new game is usually because it's got some sort of glitch or performance issue that stops a lot of people from playing it

Not diverse enough

If you read through the majority of negative steam reviews for any game they are mostly people who had issues with getting the game to run on their system.

>Are you are implying devs get their own games for free in dummy accounts?
yes, if you're a dev you can create an infinite amout of keys for your game that you can do whatever with

why are poorfags so pathetic?

Attached: 1530118256607.gif (480x270, 1.66M)

How are steam reviews easy to raid? The only ones who can leave reviews are the ones who actually bought the game.
Don't you think it's unrealistic for people to buy the game in large numbers just to leave a bad review?

Hard to form your own opinion before you buy the game. Some people prefer not to waste money on shit games.

I'm sure rigging the votes in your favour by abusing the key system is against the ToS or something but if not then I'm surprised no big company is doing it

poorfags pirate you dumdum

evidently they dont since they leave steam reviews

or maybe the game is poorly optimized garbage?

That shit doesn't work. Steam has a filter that hides non-steam keys and only shows real steam purchases.
Valve also has algorithms that look for this. It is really easy to spot, just look for a huge difference in review score or frequency of review between the Steam purchases and the key redemptions. Valve has already caught a few devs doing this and banned them from Steam.
Used to be possible, but Valve caught on.
Steam reviews are the purest reviews. They are all users who played the game and paid for it themselves.

>95
>a good game
95 should be a game that blows your mind.

One thing I don't understand about this place. Everyone seems to universally hate game journalism, and every journalist is a fraud, a hack, a casual that sucks at video games, an SJW pushing an agenda, etc. Yet, everyone points at review/Metacritic scores to determine whether or not games are good or shit.

It's called being under several layers of irony

>cutting out the user reviews to try and validate your point

There is definitely a point to be made here, but it's that professional games "journalists" are without exception corrupt, retarded, or both.

Attached: Untitled.png (660x297, 51K)

The game is badly optimized compared to other paradox games and the map and interface is fucking ugly.

metacritic scores are only used for shitposting ammo

>7.6
>not engaging and fun

Fun is subjective as always, but a grand strategy absolutely fucking needs to be engaging in order to put the amount of time required into it. If the thing is absolutely barebones without any of the narrative or intrigue offered by previous Paradox titles no shit are people not gonna like it.

the map is the only thing everyone agrees is good though

But why even use it as ammo if we all agree that journalists are frauds? Isn't it then meaningless?

lemme explain this:
if am a fan of game X, and I see good scores, I will be posting it all over, this will be countered by either shitposters, people who wish doom and gloom over game X, or people who are tired of seeing game X while scrolling through pages.
posting metacritic scores of game X also is a way of shitposting for sake of getting reaction from anons, to top it off despite that topic being banned, its commonly used in console war threads.
posting scores is only used to argue and push narrative, dont take it at face value, but as anons here pointed out when both user and critic metascores align, game is good, when they dont, something is sketchy. critics dont know shit half the time so they can be ignored.

>tl;dr
disregard metascore completely

I dont think you understood that user, he meant that its SHITPOSTING ammo, its not meant to further discussion or provide insight into game, its just for getting (You)s and reactions from anons

it's because it gives easy (You)s, there is no other reason other than that it works
why? fuck if I know, people who post here are stupid, what else is new?

>Classic Paradox launch
So the game is bare-bones, full of bugs and dozen DLCs are planned. How is that a good point?

Overall, the mentioned points look like that there wasn't enough good things to point out even after reviewer got paid for 10/10 mark.

For the (you)s
Nobody can resist cheap bait, just look at the catalog

no it doesn't

only console warriors use the metacritic scores to justify their console purchase. Yea Forums isnt a hivemind anymore.

>anymore
it never was in the first place

This! Journalist's opinions are literally trash.

Attached: 1542644447987.jpg (250x250, 6K)

the downside to review bombing is that now when i see negative reviews for a game on steam I think "oh the game is probably fine but the fan base is a bunch of bitchy fucks"

you're proving OP's point actually

Attached: 2.png (312x347, 126K)

What I think when I see a review bomb now is
>huh, it must have insulted china or some SJW minority
>...or it became an Epic Exclusive

that or
>it's probably locked to 60fps or doesn't support some weird resolution

When I see a review bomb I think
>the game probably have some serious issues, or the developers/publisher did something to piss off an entire community

And I'm right 100% of the time.

add having women in a position of power to that list

>not exactly engaging and fun
>7.5

Those issues alone don't bother enough people to cause actual review bombs.
Something much more serious has to piss the community off to cause so many paying customers to leave a negative review, that it shows up in statistics.

>that review bomb for muh wheel controller for that game with the jpeg dog

It because they are made by actual consumers.

You should be able to tell it's because of that just looking at the game trailers/portrait

yikes, imagine being this delusional

There is literally nothing wrong with Steam review bombs. If there is an issue that causes large enough amount of customers to bother leaving a negative review that ends up affecting the rating, then it's legitimate even if the issue happens to not affect you personally.

Change my mind.

nice argument

>thinking paradox doesn't do shitty things that infuriate their fans
>Sucking this much corporate cock

Who do you trust, Yea Forums?

Attached: Days Gone.png (1423x1010, 645K)

>Rocket League gets hammered for straight up being told the Steam release is being made obsolete
>flagged as off-topic

Ace Combat 7 was review bombed on PC because it didnt include HOTAS support for an arcade flight game. You're underplaying how easy it is to trigger people.

Attached: 1556946958650m.jpg (469x1024, 62K)

Chinese people review bombing because their leader was insulted

this is the correct answer.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (425x292, 23K)

How is that not a legitimate complaint?
Even if we let it slide how stupid it is to release a flight game without hotas support in 2019, the game even had its own branded hotas on sale:
stores.horiusa.com/ace-combat-7-hotas-flight-stick-for-playstation-4/
There is literally no excuse. Sure you don't "need" that hotas to play an arcade flight game, but people who play similar games could easily have this preference. It's like if a fighting game was released without arcade stick support. Sure, you can play on pad or even keyboard, but if someone who is used to play on stick will obviously think the developers are fucked in the head for releasing a fighting game without stick support.

That's actually a fairly good point.

>ign
>decent review platform
Excuse me

Maybe the game should have basic shit expected from it's genre.

I don't play grand strategy, what's wrong with the game?

it's shit

It's because there's no profit involved

Review on the right actually seems pretty reasonable. It's giving legit objective criticism rather than REEEEEEE WHITE MALES.

it's shit

SHOW THE METACRITIC USERSCORE YOU COLOSSAL FAGGOT

DO IT

no

What point?
The fact that Games """""Journalists""""" are factual extensions of Publishers marketing departments ?

They really play the video games.
What's the last time you read that a video game journalist finished a game?