Monster hunter

give me some pro stats and tips, Yea Forums
like why am I never cutting off tails despite hitting that shit for the entire fight?

Attached: m.jpg (460x215, 53K)

Play a real MH game

Attached: mh4_ultimate.jpg (1200x800, 257K)

you using a hammer?

PS4 port when

>learn the Insect Glaive
>get some Part Breaker equipment

Anything quick and good for mounting will do, SnS works just fine too. Shit I current off tails and break parts constantly with Lance and the Deviljoh set.

do you guys play on kb+m or controller? I have about 500 hours on controller and I'm trying to learn on kb+m but it's really fucking with me and I dunno if it's worth the effort to relearn everything.

Attached: 1541460615609.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Why do this to yourself?

I dunno, I'm kinda retarded desu

Attached: 1549751708941.png (406x400, 190K)

If you are playing with others then the game is fucked and made the values for part breaking ridiculous on co-op

Hit the monsters
Don't get hit by the monsters

Good taste in girls but shit at picking controls desu
Do what feels natural

As much as I agree controller feels more natural, the item belt with m+kb gives room for debate. Especially if you're a gunner or sns

Hit the monster while not getting hit yourself

>have all the reccomended specs
>100% cpu usage

ow

Depends on the weapon.
Swords are best at cutting tails.
Spears can do it but not as good.
Hammers and Bows cant.
Bow-guns can help using slice ammo.

What?
barely got past 50 on my laptop's 8750h

Never
If anything it’ll get a switch port which it won’t

>TFW no friends to hunt with anymore

The game recommends an i3 8350 but in reality you need a 8 thread CPU like an i7 or Ryzen

Evade Extender is a great skill to have for most weapons, especially for Switch Axe. It can be used defensively to dodge or offensively to morph slash easier.

Same boat. Had to reduce my cpu max usage to 80 because this is the only game that I have on PC that makes the cpu reach 100 degrees. Very risky. Now it's max is 81

>not using a controller and keyboard shortcuts

Are you using Special K fix? It reduces the number of job threads the game spawns to lower CPU usage and hitching.

Also idk how your system gets that hot playing this game. I got a i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz and it makes out at 66C playing this game. Tj max is 98C so that's well acceptable. Sounds like bad case airflow/cooling on your part.

I have never met a dual blades and long sword user who wasn't a weaboo. Also fuck cluster bombing running the fun for melee teammates

No, haven't gotten special K. Have not overclocked. The build is 4 years old, so the thermal paste hasn't been changed. Also, stock cooler. I did buy 2 Noctua fans for additional airflow and the case is in a good spot to allow air.

>stock cooler
There's your problem. Get a decent aftermarket cooler or a hyper 212. It only costs $30 and shits all over the stock cooler in performance and noise levels.

Yeah been looking at the best price to performance variations of CM hyper 212 recently. I don't want to dabble in liquid cooling for fear of spillage.

AIO liquid coolers are a meme unless you got a really small case like mini ATX. Do consider the hyper 212 or similar performer. In my old build I replaced the stock cooler with a 212 not because of overheating but because the stock cooler is too fucking loud.

>why am I never cutting off tails despite hitting that shit for the entire fight?
You're not using great sword