The only story female character is a weak stereotypical vulnerable standarized beauty woman who makes bad desicions

>The only story female character is a weak stereotypical vulnerable standarized beauty woman who makes bad desicions.

Why did nobody complained about this?

Attached: file.png (640x763, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SEGA/status/1124720518010167296
youtube.com/watch?v=jT0r_UnT6bU
youtube.com/watch?v=C63a68IRsrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because there's nothing wrong with that, ESL.

miss tatsu

Because it’s okay when Japan does it

>story

Women are weak.
I don't see how that's stereotypical.
Especially in 80s Japan where Yakuza run rampant.

Reina was part of the story and she was pretty strong in her own right, trying to deck Majima in his fight against Nishiki.

>expecting a strong women in 80s Japan
If you want a good female character, then 2 play 2/K2.

Tatsu is just a trainer. Has no bearing on the story whatsoever.

Are we talking about Reina? Im so fucking mad now that she plebs herself out of the story because she was one of the most top tier women in video games EVER when she was young.

Attached: 32DF8F3A-E4DF-4C5A-A16D-BD351C4A25CB.jpg (800x450, 176K)

>Reina
Forgot she existed desu.

>Are we talking about Reina?

Why in the hell would you think that? She has as much to do with the story as fucking Tatsu.

Because she’s a fully fleshed out character. Not to mention that asking for Dojima to kill his lieutenants is the only bad decision she made.

And as points out, there were plenty of strong women in other places. Makoto is arguably the only outright weak one in the game.

He was talking about Makoto, who's excused from being a naive dumbass since she lived a sheltered life back in China and was abducted and sold as a sexslave shortly after coming to Japan.

Because game bloggers don't actually play video games.

Literally fuck Nishki what a cuck. He had a real woman after him, one that owned her own business from a young age, had brave fire and is was easily the most beautiful girl in the entire series. Seriously, her Y0 dev must have looked upon his work, absolutely livid that they knew she was going next game. Kiryu and Nishki have pleb taste.

Attached: 35B5BB7B-05BB-476F-8729-1A4019830F5A.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

That's how women are.

she's disabled dawg. She is blind. What do you expected a blind girl to do? Fight thugs Daredevil style?

I want to play Yakuza 0 forever and pretend Y1 and sequels never even happens. Im gonna disco until i die bros.

Attached: 8B92BB43-5093-45B3-B88C-F51E477C5B63.jpg (634x459, 71K)

They don't fuck her because she's old, ancient for japan tastes

>old

She's the same age as they are

Attached: AD1D32F4-7F4C-4B15-960B-1E8D59E748A1.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

I repeat, TOO OLD

Don’t forget that she literally saved Kiryu’s ass by practical dragging him to her bar when Awano was hunting him. Reina is also the only girl in the game who actually looks like she’s from the 80’s.

And yeah, it sucks what happens to her in 1. I kind of wish they used 0 as an excuse to reboot the entire series and create a radically different series timeline. Kiwami is so underwhelming coming off of 0.

In Kiwami her profile states she's known Kiryu and Nishiki for 10 years, which I find kind of confusing since it's only been 7 years since she first met Kiryu in 88.

And yes, both of them are fucking dumbasses for not having proposed to her back in 88.

Best waifu in the series :3

>there were plenty of strong women in other places
>Reina and...

Makoto is hotter

>game about manly men doing manly things
>um this game needs more prominent females
no.

Attached: yakuzasmile.jpg (326x317, 22K)

I love Yuki!

Attached: yuki.png (895x899, 1.08M)

AHHHHHHHHHHH RELEASE KIWAMI 2 ALREADY FUCK THE ARBITRARY RELEASE DATES

Make way for best waifu.

Attached: oh no.jpg (1920x1080, 1.08M)

Attached: 20180818204636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Best PS4 game, fite me

I just finished Kiwami yesterday and I've already preordered Kiwami 2. I'm not sure I want to start on it immediately when it comes out though. I might get burnt out.

fuggg DDD--::::

>Reina is also the only girl in the game who actually looks like she’s from the 80’s.

FUCKING THIS

Attached: 09894BD0-554E-4307-B339-208784719380.jpg (306x918, 160K)

cute girl with BWC

Attached: 20180819153644_1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

she looks like she fucks white guys

BRUH STOP. NO GIRL CAN BEAT THIS STYLE.

Attached: 33E0285E-0F37-40BB-A4FC-185BB3DD6E65.jpg (4000x4000, 1.22M)

Yuki is strong and spunky in terms of personality.
Tatsu teaches you the most OP fighting style in the game.
Even weaker girls like the dominatrix have entire arcs about teaching them to be stronger.
Y0 has a bunch of female characters with strong personalities at the very least.

I am disappointed that the you couldn’t fight the woman at the end of Majima’s Cabaret story. Fighting goons felt underwhelming considering how she’d been built up as the main villain of that subplot. I would have at least liked that.

Because women in Japan aren’t treated the same way as in the US and they’re held to a different type of behavior.

Isn't Nishiki gay?

Finished 0 yesterday and started Kiwami shortly after.

I find it kind of refreshing, especially since I don't have to deal with 2 characters this time around and know the ins and outs of the gameplay already.
Plus I don't have to mug Mr.Shakedown for money anymore, since combat is xp based now.

They all do

Get the Tiger Drop ASAP. It makes all the bosses a joke.

manly yakuza don't hit women. it's beneath them.

Attached: 20190309141601_1.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

You can't really get it until end game anyway, he should grind for the Dragon Kiwami heat action before the final boss though.

I legit don't get why people love this soap opera, when I'm not bored I'm just annoyed by how kiryu manages to get fucked for no reason

You say?

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-114841_YouTube.jpg (1480x720, 340K)

that's a man baby

If you think Kiryu gets fucked just wait until you get to Majima.

This guy doesn't get his shit together right up until the end of 0.

Attached: 20190302221401_1.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

0 is more Majima's story is why. Kiryu is the exact same brick he was at the end as he was when he started.

Attached: dominated.jpg (1920x1080, 1.21M)

You can get away with just using sumo slaps instead. I beat the final boss without it.

He just starts copying nishitani

Kiryu gets slightly less aggressive but that's about it.

Why you never did learned to how English? You should of!

Needed a big strong man to rescue her.

majima's story in 0 was so much better than kiryus. i felt nothing during kiryu's story.

Attached: 20190307184727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Nishitani might've been crazy but not THAT loopy.

based

Why does he always look so pissed anyway?

Attached: kaz-1.original.jpg (1920x1080, 458K)

If I had to nitpick 0, I think it's slightly too focused on Majima. It's true Kiryu gets more substories, but he really gets shafted when it comes to boss fights. 90% of his story bosses are Kuze rematches.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Attached: 20190302134819_1.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

>Not crying during the forest scene
what the hell, man

Yakuza is pretty great when it comes to female characters if you ignore Haruka getting kidnapped every game

Her relationship with Park in 5 was really sweet, why did her second mommy have to die

I'm of the opposite opinion. But that's probably because I actually find boring real estate politics interesting and I also liked how much of a bumbling autist Kiryu was.

Because a super manly man who's always scowling makes for better comedy when dragged into the bullshit Kiryu gets into.

Attached: 20190302134827_1.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

No, she's about a decade older.

Speaking of real estate.
I highly doubt it but is the real estate firm Kiryu was the president of even canon?

Upgrading every establishment to S rank gave him 2 billion in 1 go, which could potentially overthrow the entire Tojo clan given some time.

Reina is bae, she makes my pp hard. Too bad what happened in Kiwami 1.

>modern sonic and cream
are you trying to cheat me on authenticity, sega

muh "gameplay not canon"

The amount of money he earns from it is about as canon as him eating it to get stronger, it was just absurd to show how much excess there was in living in Japan in the 80's.

I’m just looking forward to playing Kiwami 2, since I find the series fun

Attached: DC4EFAF9-601C-4CC7-9F31-023E05AE8DA5.gif (100x100, 548K)

>all this talk about Reina
>nobody talks about the New Serena mama I can’t remember the name of

well the Japanese economy collapses shortly after the events of the game thanks to Majima.

This is from Kiwami which takes place in 2005, 3 years after Cream's debut game (Sonic Advance 2)

Attached: majima3.gif (318x194, 1.57M)

Bollocks. Proof? She isn't fucking 50 in Y1

I hate what they did to her in Kiwami.

She's Japanese, she won't age until she's 60.

twitter.com/SEGA/status/1124720518010167296

Ah, my bad. I thought it was 0, which I haven't played far into yet past Majima's first chapter, since the text boxes for it and Kiwami 1 are identical besides the button outline.

Also, how well do Yakuza 1 and 2 hold up on PCSX2 emulation and gameplay for revisiting before bothering with the Kiwami if at all?

It felt like they really hated Park considering she only had one scene where it felt like she was properly bonding with Haruka. I dont know if anyone even made fanart of the two.

There's no reason to play Yakuza 1 and Kiwami near each other.

I SAID PROOF BITCH

She was the mother figure Haruka needed and ex-waifu turned once again waifu Majima deserved, fuck the writers

>strong womyn in the criminal underworld
They're lucky they aren't being gang raped 24/7

Attached: 20190224122134_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

Ever been to Japan? You should.

I mean... she was.

because this game wasn't released in the west when it first launched, hence why no journalist made any articles about it
this proves that westerners are cancer to the video game industry
see how peaceful yakuza series went by with all its sexism and racism elements, because its a fun game and as long as it delivers its promises, we gamers in asia are happy

unlike all the westerners where all they do is complain because they ran out of big mac to stuff their fat mouth, why don't you white niggers go back to shooting up high schools and playing games that YOUR own people made, like clash of clans, oh thats right theyre garbage, thats why you flock to OUR games
fuck off white trash nigger, go complain to your mom about not aborting you

she is a backstabbing whore!

Attached: 20190505_-1189376681.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I'd like to but poor fag, I wonder how the locals would treat me since I look like a weeb and they hate them but I'm just ugly instead of being into anime shit.

Kiryu would never say that

Attached: 20190224122139_1.jpg (1920x1080, 326K)

>Complains about clash of clans
>When gatcha exist

Also timestamp your slant eyes or else your full of shit.

If you can't convince them with a proper appearance just embrace your strength and go full-otaku.

When I first got into the series back in 2016, Yakuza 1 and 2 emulated fairly well on a shit FX-series CPU using an R7 260x, with only a few sound/FPS drops. It never felt as bad as something like emulating Drakengard 1 and with better hardware you should be fine.
If you're already into 0 though, you'll probably find the PS2 games far rougher to get into, with stiffer combat, fixed camera angles and more loading transitions. Yakuza 1 also lacks minigames and interesting side quests, and though Kiwami 1 tries to fix it they're largely the same minigames from 0 making it feel like an expansion pack, so both experiences of the first entry will feel flawed no matter what. Personally PS2 Y1 is charming for me in a way that Kiwami isn't, especially since Mark Hamill of all people voices Majima in that version. Just know that it's Yakuza, and save for Dead Souls you really can't go wrong with playing any game. Also PS2 Yakuza 2 has some kino tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=jT0r_UnT6bU

Because that's how most women are, despite what they may believe user

As if anything that comes out of Japan isn't sexist and often times have racist undertones...

This is a much larger problem that just one single video game title. Its a social issue that we unfortunately have to deal with until people wake up and realize that they have to be more respectful.

To be fair, while anime fanservice is all around in SEGA franchises, Yakuza's literally just following movie trends of its time periods and genre.

>beat trannies
>put niggers in their place
Kiryu is based

Attached: 20190420234121_1.jpg (2560x1080, 350K)

>And yes, both of them are fucking dumbasses for not having proposed to her back in 88.
Ah, yes of course the young, starting Yakuza will waste their youth and money proposing to some bar whore instead of trying to become someone in their jobs.

now that you mention it...
youtube.com/watch?v=C63a68IRsrM

>As if anything that comes out of Japan isn't sexist and often times have racist undertones...
Based Japan.

They emulate fine, you just need to tweak some settings to get them working perfectly. There should be videos on YouTube for the perfect settings of both

Lighten up, faggot.
Sexism and racism will never go away, no matter how much you cry about it.
You think devs will stop including them in games just because you don't like it?
Keep dreaming.

They wouldn't waste anything.
She's a respectable bar-owner who can obviously take care of herself.
Marrying someone like that would be ideal since both of you could still focus on your careers without worrying about each other.

She wasn't really introduced until several hours into the game. The numale audience didn't make it that far.

>marrying bar women
dude stfu, it was the bubble era, why waste time with bitches when you could get rich instead?

Because having money isn't everything.
Besides, the bubble burst 3 years later anyway.

Attached: Anri Yakuza 6 Junket.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Kiwami's story is so shit.

What do you expect? The writing in Yakuza is terrible, all that matters is the player gets to feel cool. Kiryu is a mary sue and everything that happens around him is only there to make him seem alpha and cool.

Nah, Kiryu literally remarks she didn't need help.

I've only played Yakuza 0. Are the rest of the games in the series good?

He isn’t a Mary Sue, most of the conflicts in these games arise from Kiryu not wanting to be the Tojo chairman

>these are your sworn oath brothers for today

Attached: 1546171022843.jpg (1200x675, 163K)

80s setting is still unique. Still, some are good, others not as a good, 2 is always regarded as the best or on pair with Zero. As a whole, the main games are solid.

> Western media would never dream of having anything like this.

I fucking hate our media.

I love tits as much as the next man but when it comes to advertising games, tits are only ever used to sell shit games.

That's not true, you can find some old adverts for some iconic movies and games that used sex appeal. You're thinking of today where the only reason it's shit games is because they are no budget games that fly under the radar.

P I Z Z A
I
Z
Z
A

>and is was easily the most beautiful girl in the entire series
>Tatsuya's girl from Black Panther 1.
>Snack Bar's Mama Minato.
>Slim Hana
>Nair
>Yuki
>Koyuki
Are you sure about that? This isn't even counting top tier hostesses like Jo.

Attached: snap190.png (480x272, 324K)

Attached: 20180818205150_1.jpg (1920x1080, 343K)

Slim Hana’s face is too wide

Ishmael

Except she did, Kiryu was just trying to bolster her ego.

> game tells you she didn't need help
> game shows her beating up dudes twice as big with knives
> "No, but I know better!"

sure, user.

Attached: kiwami.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Don't judge the past based on present morality.

Because she was fucking blind, and most blind people aren't that blind samurai bullshit. There were also other competent females within the series. And most of them are fine even if they aren't fighters. The only truly shit one is Yumi.

Can't wait.

Attached: 1535634788485.png (1165x953, 2.03M)