Super Smash Flash 2 still gets updated after a decade

>Super Smash Flash 2 still gets updated after a decade.
>Relatively small, but active community and competitive scene.
>Some of the more demanded "most wanteds" became fighters, like Waluigi, Bomberman, Krystal, and Isaac.
>Motherfucking Goku of all characters is a fighter as well.
How does McLeodGaming do it, guys?

Attached: sora resprite.png (1056x588, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cn8JSQAAKVg?t=3m54s
youtube.com/watch?v=EMS_oJBX4vQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qL4X2kRG3x8
youtu.be/ZEJTSLXDoc4
youtu.be/BYE8PDUMGac
youtu.be/PfUr8pubViU
youtu.be/sniPK0Z2zNM
youtube.com/watch?v=P9rfvk9lLuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e98Kj0OXG48
youtube.com/watch?v=lJ2eSqynaEQ
youtu.be/pD5bMR74Dfs
youtube.com/watch?v=NHQ54nm5D9g
youtu.be/Mqv8NUuJaIc
youtu.be/v-gL5nRz99o
youtu.be/_y3pF8JCU0E
youtu.be/oXzqlL0wJFA
youtube.com/watch?v=0sNr-pEQImY
youtube.com/watch?v=BHCfIAXOzEI
forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=46650
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/0cn9tld,Rivals of Aether,/m/0_fqx1t,Brawlhalla,/g/11dxntbrl7
youtu.be/djs8EityWn0
mcleodgaming.fandom.com/wiki/Fan_character#Robo_Ninja
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Animefaggotry
Dropped it because of that. It looked promising, that's unfortunate.

it's been shit ever since they went full meleefag and started sucking the dicks of fox, marth, falco, etc.
anime is unironically one of the few good things about this game. Naruto's moveset with all of the clone bullshit was fun, and the only character that came close to that level of fuckery was black mage

by putting in effort, something you seem to be unfamiliar with

>playing a game that had Autistic Sonic OCs in it
L
O
L

Clearly, but most passion projects like these would've been dropped a long time ago, have their community die off, or simply taken down.
It's really impressive to see how long they've come, especially since SSF1.

Attached: wah tease.jpg (1136x640, 68K)

>people want Krystal as a staff fighter
>give her a sniper rifle
What?

Attached: 1539873594282.png (920x1480, 1.47M)

>playing a game that had Autistic Sonic OCs in it
>had
They were never seen again after SSF1. Not even the dev that spearheaded the entire game's direction liked them. They're basically the community's joke.

Attached: ssf1 hd.png (1200x937, 247K)

>give character a staff
>it's a rifle
still wish that real smash would give him a moveset focused on his staff

Attached: dark pit.png (500x500, 173K)

Oh god knuckles are you okay dude?

She has both.
youtu.be/cn8JSQAAKVg?t=3m54s

Attached: 1.2 trio.png (723x401, 13K)

They should add all the meme requests. Shrek, SpongeBob, Sans, Reimu, all of them. If they're going to add anime characters, Sonic OCs and Mr. Incredible, why the fuck not?

>Krystal is some unfocused abomination
>Pandering to fucking meme rosterfag shit like Isaac and Waluigi
>Bomberman's moveset is taken from a BRAWL MOD
>Kojima Simon Belmont
>FOUR FUCKING ANIME CHARACTERS

Why would anyone ever touch this trash?

Attached: aku.jpg (225x225, 8K)

The anime characters are already polarizing among the community enough. Characters like the OCs and Mr. Incredible haven't been seen since SSF1 on Newgrounds.

But why a sniper rifle?

>Krystals weapons are just glorified hitbox animations that vanish when not being used
That's just lazy as hell

As with any other character that wield a weapon in any fighting game.

These guys have no idea how to portray characters. They use gimmick oneshot designs, like Command Krystal, Kojima Belmont, and Generations Bomberman, instead of their default iconic looks.

They also struggle to turn a characters natural talents into a moveset, so each character will randomly pull out a weapon or some shit for most special attacks. Krystal for example has a sniper for no reason

Attached: Bubble Bass1.jpg (640x486, 69K)

Look, they already crossed the event horizon, they might as well keep going.

Plus it would make the people who unironically want those characters in Smash happy, without actually tainting the real Smash games with stupid memepicks.

>waluigi
>goku
also he avoids paying licensing fees so i could have companies contacted to see about a c&d

Hey remember how Link's sword doesn't exist when he isn't swinging it? Oh wait... There's a difference between a character having a weapon and one just randomly appearing as a hitbox. The latter is just lazy

Sora and Bandana Dee are fun and are portrayed pretty well but pretty much everything else about this game is utter crap

Attached: Bandana Dee newspaper.png (1842x1519, 541K)

>Kirby's hammer.
>Mario's cape
>Literally any character that utilizes hammerspace.

Always thought the anime content was kind of stupid, but cool at the same time. Honestly I also enjoy how inspired some of the movesets are. That said it’s also given me unrealisitc expectations of movesets in official Smash. While I’d imagine Sakurai would do a great Sora moveset, I can’t imagine him giving Waddle Dee anything more than copy and pasting the Spear moveset from the Kirby games. A shame given how much love he got in this fangame. Thankfully both characters’ chances of making it in are astronomically low, so I’ll never need to worry.

>could’ve given him a whole moveset based on his sniper rifle staff
>could’ve given him a moveset based on the Darkness Bow, Orge Club, and Dark Pit Staff
>just a clone

Attached: 6E9DC58B-54A5-4C2A-8A91-73DB3734E565.jpg (500x691, 44K)

Dees in it so I’m happy

Attached: 063FD604-8F39-41A4-8132-EF61FBD44674.jpg (1024x879, 146K)

But now it feels like Dedede's missing.
It's so weird having Kirby and Meta Knight, but with no Dedede around.

Attached: fake ddd screenshot.png (640x360, 66K)

Kirby's Hammer is actually held and properly animated. It's not just a jpeg that only exists as long as the hitbox exists. It doesn't just materialize into Kirby's hand when he throws the attack hitbox out

Mario's cape is a cape. It's plausibly animated enough to not be a blatant hitbox skin. It also vanishes and appears on a whim in his home games.

When Smash uses hammer space it makes an effort to properly animate it. Smash will also have a character actually WIELD their signature weapon.

>They put anime characters and Waluigi in before Dedede
I mean why even bother at this point

Shrek and Reimu are the only ones that sound fun, and Shrek could easily have a moveset ripped from all of his video games like Superslam and the movie tie ins.

The only reason why the current anime characters are in is because they've got good movesets. Some devs have argued about removing them or keeping them, but the overall consensus is that they're here to stay because of what they bring to the table gameplay-wise. The only one that's arguably bad is Ichigo, and that's because he's basically an excuse to not make ike and cloud since he's basically a merged version of them.

As for memeshit on the roster, we have
>Sandbag
>the shitty Simon Belmont
>rosterfaggotry like Issac/Rayman/Waluigi/Krystal/Bandana Dee/etc.

Some additions like Black Mage are fucking based, except they keep reworking him and nerfing him. The main issue that they have is that they just suck at making movesets like mentioned. The only original characters that transitioned well were anime (Naruto/Luffy/Goku), Black Mage, and Lloyd. Even then, Naruto/Goku had writeups for movesets and had significant help being made, Black Mage is supposedly getting /another/ fucking rework, which just leaves Lloyd and Luffy.
>Bomberman was stolen from a brawl mod
>Multiple characters are just lazily designed (Sora, Krystal, Simon, etc.)
>Characters that were officially added to smash completely BTFO'd SSF2, to the point where Mega Man was changed to have his fucking "official moveset" while Simon looks like dogshit compared to his Ultimate incarnation and will likely receive a similar treatment down the line.

Attached: dexter and deedee.jpg (449x336, 19K)

>Black Mage is supposedly getting /another/ fucking rework
That's not true, it's just a few tweaks and buffs to his moveset since most people think he's bad.

Based Deebros. Also the first user gets it, Sora and Dee’s movesets great.

They’ll probably get around to him at some point. You’re right in saying it’s weird not having him around while the other two are here.

Attached: 0F60670C-6DA7-431D-96F0-6E61E119C0E1.png (254x239, 104K)

I fail to see your point about Kirby.
youtube.com/watch?v=EMS_oJBX4vQ

You have a point about Mario's cape, except that it still appears with him. This is also the case in smash Ultimate.

Kirby actually animates when he pulls his hammer out and has a windup, and the character is KNOWN for making weapons and powers materialize out of nothing. Also the hammer isn't Kirby's primary weapon. Why is Krystal's primary means of attack not on her fucking character model? What if Marth didn't hold his sword outside of attacking?

If they're adding non-vidya memes then where is Spongebob? Where is the Pepe and Wojak tag team?

>Portrayed well
>"Fuck it give him beam he's boring"

Nah.

>Why is Krystal's primary means of attack not on her fucking character model? What if Marth didn't hold his sword outside of attacking?
Ganondorf says “hi”.

I can't really speak for the devs, but here's what I think:
The depiction of SSF2's Krystal is already capable on her on to the point where she isn't completely reliant on the staff, which is probably why she doesn't hold it throughout her sprite. Granted, she still uses it as a prominent feature for her moveset, but it's not really the only weapon she wields for her moveset, which is why her staff and sniper rifle are locked away in hammerspace.

As for Kirby, he materializes his weapons when he steals his opponent's ability and holds them visibly so long he keeps that ability in his home games. In Smash Bros, he's also forced to lock his weapons away in hammer space because that time around, he isn't really reliant on copy abilities for his moveset unless he steal's his opponent's ability through neutral-b or uses side-b or up-b.

Ganondorf's primary fighting style is martial arts

In Smash Bros, at least.
In his home games, he mostly uses magic or his sword.

>The depiction of SSF2's Krystal is already capable on her on to the point where she isn't completely reliant on the staff, which is probably why she doesn't hold it throughout her sprite. Granted, she still uses it as a prominent feature for her moveset, but it's not really the only weapon she wields for her moveset, which is why her staff and sniper rifle are locked away in hammerspace.
That's not how smash works though. If a character has a primary weapon that is prominent in there moveset then they hold it. Fuck, Joker uses his knife what like 3 total attacks? Yet he still actually wields it.

They got lazy, and they haven't the slightest on how to portray characters. That's all there is to it.

We're not talking about home franchises.

>The game is free and is updated regularly, you niggers complain
This is why we can’t have nice things

It actually came out?

Joker uses his knife for b-air, n-air, d-air, d-smash, f-smash, up-smash, side-tilt, up-tilt, and jab.
Seems like a very prevalent feature for his moveset.

Wasn't there a forum dedicated to making custom SSF2 characters (that were never implemented into the game)?
What happened to it?

And he holds it. Exactly my point. This is pretty basic shit when it comes to character portrayal

Where are all my black mages bros at huaaaaaaah

Attached: 166BFC64-46E4-4D3D-8C61-F20E8A11ACC6.gif (135x185, 8K)

Every weapon in kid icarus uprising is a melee and ranged weapon.

1.2 still isn't out yet. But the news is still nice.

Attached: falcon css.png (361x203, 37K)

>no Banjo and Kazooie
One job.

So can we all agree that Mickey should be added next?

Give me ONE reason why not

Attached: Mickey Mouse.png (327x400, 104K)

Sora's moveset is fucking lame, though, even if some parts of it are really creative.
>command deck for magic is cool, but all of the magic functions absolutely nothing like it does in the games
>fsmash/usmash are generic slashes instead of cool shit like zantetzuken
>aerials are pretty boring

HOLY SHIT THE WALUIGI MOVESET IS FUCKING STRAIGHT UP STOLEN FROM THE BRAWL MOD

AHAHAHAHA WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY THIS FLASH TRASH

Attached: Cheekypepe.png (1280x1280, 171K)

But you only said that he used the knife for 3 moves only, implying that it didn't influence his moveset much, but here he is still wielding the knife.

Because it's his primary weapon. Krystal doesn't wield her primary weapon because the developers don't actually know how to design readable characters

Remove anime

Attached: 200w.gif (200x300, 933K)

Can someone explain why Polar Express Kid isn't a playable character? It doesn't make sense since he's perfect for the game

Attached: Polar Express Kid.jpg (800x450, 37K)

Because Disney is shit.

Sora got in

Didnt project M get dropped for Icons which got dropped when it turned out to be shit?

I totally understand that, but like I said: Krystal's moveset isn't completely based off of the staff, though. She still has equipment like her grenades and her sniper rifle she shares her moveset with.
Either that, or spriting is freakishly hard, so I still appreciate the work they do regardless.

Attached: spongebob explains.png (468x438, 343K)

Krystal uses the staff for roughly 6/16 moves. So yeah there's no reason she doesn't hold it

No. They're different things made by different people

Back to Twitter

Is this real? Why the fuck is Riku in?

>Krystal's moveset isn't completely based off of the staff
Except it's her primary means of attack. It has the highest quantity of moves.
>She still has equipment like her grenades and her sniper rifle she shares her moveset with.
That's shit you'd use hammer space for. You're fucking saying that Link shouldn't wield his sword and shield because he uses bombs.
>I still appreciate the work they do regardless
They haven't done a single piece of real work

OP here, gonna post the video in case anyone's actually curious.
youtube.com/watch?v=qL4X2kRG3x8

Isaac was confirmed like 4-5 years ago

When is Trump being added? Goku confirms that Trump is ok for Smash Flash so why not? He's highly requested and more iconic then anyone you want

Attached: trump.jpg (800x450, 43K)

Fire is straight up KH2's, Blizzard is like a rapid fire KH1, but Thunder you got me there. They did have Thunder how it kinda should be, but it was ass believe it or not. FSmash not being Zantetzuken is a real downer though. For his aerials, not sure what more you do with those.

>For his aerials, not sure what more you do with those.
You make them actually functionally unique like his home series

Riku's an Assist Trophy.
>Gonna disregard all the years of relentless coding and sprite work the team has done for the past decade because they forgot one aesthetic aspect of a singular character.

>Fire is straight up KH2's,
It does big knockback instead of being a low-knockback multihit like KH2.
>Blizzard is like a rapid fire KH1,
What the fuck are you on about? Blizzard isn't rapid fire in KH1, it's a shotgun blast.

>steal a bunch of assets you then slap together in flash
>years of relentless coding and sprite work
Not a single piece of actual work was done.

Attached: 282036.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>Blizzard is like a rapid fire KH1
Lmao what? That's not how Blizzard functions in KH1

That was just bad wording on my part.

Reply to this post with one non-vidya character you want to see added. Remember: the devs confirmed that ANYONE can be added. Don't hold back on your requests.

I want Steve Harvey

Attached: SteveHarvey.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

>Wanted Bomberman in Smash
>Finally play him in SSF2
>Hate playing him.
Feels more monkey pawed than him getting AT'd

Attached: 1547147919424.jpg (512x512, 151K)

Add wojak

Attached: Doomer.png (820x688, 142K)

At this point, the only character with stolen assets is Lloyd and probably Black Mage. Everyone else has been made from scratch and the characters who did have sprites stolen previously were resprited.
Even if you still think that some parts might seem lazy to you, saying that "not a single piece of actual work was done" is a very bold statement.

Attached: uncertain cop.png (764x798, 483K)

The Smash Flash guys are utter trash at making movesets.

t. Chibi Robofag

Reminder that Super Smash Flash had all of these characters before Smash Bros

> Meta Knight
> Sonic
> Mega Man
> Cloud
> Pac-Man

Thats not true. Almost every single sprite and piece of art is stolen, almost every moveset is stolen, EVERY SINGLE music track is stolen, and most of the sfx in general are stolen.

There was not a single fucking scrap of effort put into this shit

Attached: Jerma.jpg (768x1024, 68K)

He's never going to be in actual Smash so might as well throw him in fake Smash

Attached: 1539221505421.png (500x375, 251K)

I agree with you on the sound effects, though.
Everything else doesn't seem correct. You should probably cite some of your sources, pal.

Attached: snake think.png (202x202, 54K)

I think you have a better chance of getting pretty much anyone in Crusade.

I think you should cite your sources that you didn't steal all your assets, developer

Who in the right mind still plays this in 2019?

It was fun back then, but there is no point to play SSF2 in this day and age

Crusade is close to being good but characters are too small, sprite quality is ass.
The physics are there and the different kinds of airdodges are good. Unfortunately in one of the latest patches, they made everyone's wavedash off of the Crusade Airdodge ( which was like a Air Dash to begin with ) Peach kinds of bad. I understand since Crusade Airdodge just outclassed Melee Airdodge, but it was way more fun to have the best of both worlds.

Black Mage is just about the only original character to SSF2 that I enjoy, all the rosterfag picks are excessively boring to play as for me and I don't care for any of the anime characters added. Meanwhile the Negromancer has a totally unique gimmick of attacks completely changing when fully charged, unique effects like Doom, and reps black and blue magic with a tiny bit of summoning through that chocobo kick move.

Attached: 1540835031074.png (815x1107, 794K)

I just want to play in a mech, man

Attached: Simon in Lagann.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

I'm not even a dev, but all i know is that there's a team composed of at least 30 people that do the spriting, coding, graphical effects and etc.
If you have that many people working on a decade-old flash game for free, it'd be pretty stupid to resort to stealing sprite work when an entire team can make a character sheet themselves.

>there's a team composed of at least 30 people that do the spriting, coding, graphical effects
That's so fucking obviously not true. lmao it's a fucking stolen asset flash game one person can shit it out in a week

I unironically want Mr. Incredible back.

You do know that on of the biggest things that killed the community was that the game was designed like shit right?

Not touching it after the giant fuck you April fools joke of Mr Incredible despite him being in the first game

I want to like this game but something about it hurts my eyes. The newcomers are cool though.

How is it possible to have more than half a gigabyte of work shat out in a week?
Actually open up the game and see the credits for yourself that there's an entire team working on this.

Attached: ssf2 folder size.png (479x589, 17K)

ummmmm lmao that's not true :)

>dev lies about having a team
yes and?

Did that actually happen? That's pretty silly to have Goku Luffy etc and then act like Mr. Incredible is just over the line.

Assist Trophy selection looks solid.
>Nagato
>Riku
>Krillin
>Rambi
>Viewtiful Joe confirmed at one point but nowhere to be seen
It's really crazy how they can add that much content for free.

Attached: nagato at.png (557x349, 111K)

being a retard on purpose doesn't mean you're not a retard

Attached: 1546179295230.png (264x258, 56K)

Are final smashes still removed?

>deviantart trash
>free content
Holy shit this is even worse then removing existing content.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (441x463, 27K)

Yes
This was the original games roster

There's no reason why they all shouldnt come back, except for maybe the OC's

Attached: flash.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Exactly so why are you pretending to be retarded, dev? Because you can't shill your stolen asset flip here?

>i know you are but what am i
we got another one lads

SOUL

Just the tip of the iceberg.

Attached: ssf2 credits.png (1808x940, 973K)

>dev lies about having a team
Yes and?

>predicted Sonic
>predicted Mega Man
>predicted Lloyd (mii costume)
>predicted motherfucking Cloud Strife

Attached: Krabsconfused.png (568x537, 437K)

Oh god is Greg still shilling this garbage here? Bro the lockout fucking killed the game move on with your life already

Crash when?

Attached: Crash SSF2 (other).png (188x197, 5K)

It's shit, Rambi is the only first-party character who isn't an AT in the real Smash games

>popular characters that fans want in a fangame end up becoming popular characters that fans wanted in a real game
wow that's crazy

Super Sonic was fucking broken, why the fuck was this allowed?

To think that you're deliberately willing to ignore evidence and arguments because Krystal didn't hold her staff for her idle and etc.
Don't be so bitter at other people because of a spriting oversight.

Attached: mario annoyed.png (1138x1000, 175K)

Has crash been confirmed? I honestly can't keep track of how many characters they're working on at this point.

Im still upset about that

You literally couldve just changed Gogat to function as Rambi

So can anyone answer why the alt colors suck cock?

Reminder that Rina-chan was the announcer

Its funny that this guy is still working on the game one decade later and the roster is still the same as smash + anime and meme picks, who knows. Maybe in 2 years when the game updates he'll add Kirito or someshit

iirc their reasoning is that they just alter the sprites' hue in-game rather then supply a set of properly recolored sprites because they claim it'd make the filesize too large.

>dev steals assets and tries to pretend that he has a huge team
>Y-Y-YOUR JUST BITTER
Seething developer. Try to put actual effort into your next project okay?

I mean, Bandanna Dee was an Assist Trophy at one point.
He became playable when Beta dropped.

Attached: Bandanna Dab.webm (768x432, 1.43M)

Something about having real alt colors would require rebuilding the game from the ground up or something iirc. But then again, I'm having second thoughts because of pic related in the latest trailer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-130219_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

I could just post the social media of the individual devs who are currently working on the game, if you're that curious.

Attached: drink laugh.jpg (413x395, 96K)

God I want to punch you in your snide little autistic face, cunt.

Uh oh Greg's getting angry guys

I don't know who that is. I just hate faggots who think they can arbitrarily say how things work.

Attached: 1555327248175.jpg (760x1000, 114K)

You sure showed me user,

Attached: screencap.png (1068x451, 81K)

>Rina-chan
>Kira Buckland
You telling me that 2B was the announcer for the original Super Smash Flash?

Attached: 2B.jpg (407x500, 22K)

He's the one SSF character I want in actual Smash, if I had to have the exact moveset
He's just so fun

Attached: 1556750254288.png (1413x757, 143K)

Goku isn't really that outstanding considering it's basically become required by law for every smash fan game to have goku as a playable character

Yes, she also voiced Naruto in the same game

A lot of the alts in the game look garbage, though. Even Sora himself had one of the worse sets of alternate colors previously. I think the update's gonna change that, hopefully.
Some characters have some relatively clean ones, though.

Attached: Tails_palette.png (698x181, 92K)

Post the Banjo and Geno versions.

Calm down Greg. It's not our fault your lazy asset flip has no players

>Super Smash Land
>Project M
Maybe I'm forgetting a few others, but the Smash fangames I've seen with Goku being there at all is SSF2 (of course) and Crusade.

user...

Attached: screencap 2.png (644x130, 6K)

Didn't save them, they don't fit as well.

Yep.

Found the Banjo one.
I'm too lazy to find the Geno version.

Attached: banjo trifecta.png (1413x757, 140K)

>tfw outranged by literally everyone in the roster

Attached: angry puff noises.png (492x513, 130K)

Attached: screwattack.png (595x336, 148K)

SSF2 also has some rocking tunes, as well.
youtu.be/ZEJTSLXDoc4

youtu.be/BYE8PDUMGac

youtu.be/PfUr8pubViU

Forgot one.
youtu.be/sniPK0Z2zNM

What's the matter with Sora's moveset? Seems faithful desu.
>aerials keep him in the air for juggling
>almost all moves look like they were pulled right out of Kingdom Hearts
>down-B is a unique gimmick that isn't overly-definitive and is flavourful
>weak vertical recovery matches how he moves in his games
>lots of combo potential with good kill moves that work well with the high-speed gameplay

Not the same user, but I like it myself. It could have more added to it, though.

Attached: sora thumbnail.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

What would you see added?

This. Spongebob would unironically be dope as fuck if they went with his Battle for Bikini Bottom moveset

it's dead

Maybe Magnet as down-smash, or an attack that utilizes Gravity.
Not much, but that's just me.

>4
As opposed to ultimates multiple anime swordsman?

You mean the expansion characters or modding in general?
There's still a community for the latter, but both are fucked.
youtube.com/watch?v=P9rfvk9lLuQ

Attached: darksoonic expansion.jpg (394x536, 52K)

Attached: zelda succs link off.png (640x360, 19K)

Goku's moveset is probably the least inspired out of the anime characters. He feels like he can do so many cook things, but he just can't.

Nope, but he's playable in Crusade

wrong

The definition of quantity>quality. Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: You can't

Attached: crusade roster.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

I think I'm gonna puke

I legitimately want Gooey to be playable desu

>removed Zelda in favor of Tingle
the fuck

It's like if you made a Smash Bros. solely out of random rosterfag threads.

Attached: 1510250716099.jpg (429x429, 30K)

>tfw tingle can't be in real smash bros because it's a worldwide appeal game

Think that's bad? This game had Weegee at one point. He got removed, thankfully

youtube.com/watch?v=e98Kj0OXG48

youtube.com/watch?v=lJ2eSqynaEQ

Attached: weegee ssbc.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

How does it feel being the only retard on the internet that expects triple A level game design from a fucking indie dev?

>gag meme character
Soul
I think Dr. Robotnik or CD-I Link would've been better additions than Weegee.
Casual reminder that Weegee was a Yea Forums meme made over 10 years ago.

Has anyone seen the other content coming?
youtu.be/pD5bMR74Dfs
Looks pretty clean.

Attached: smash4tourney.png (1184x1542, 137K)

all anime characters are amazing, except Ichigo. generic swordsman from an not so popular anime, compared to the other 3

It's a free fan made indie game what exactly the fuck where you expecting from it? It might not be as good as regular smash but you're actually mentally handicapped if you expected it to be just as good going into the game. It's still arguably the best smash clone that exists currently period, that's a fucking fact. At least it's fun for longer than 5 minutes unlike every other smash clone ever made currently.

>10 years
jesus the time has flown by

Attached: eddy.jpg (606x421, 25K)

So obvious. Hi developer.

This time around, Fox is one of the more middling characters in the game.
And in the previous update, it was Tails who was crazy dominant.

Attached: ssf2 1.1.0.1 tier list.png (1785x3342, 2.22M)

Sprites and final smashes are shit, the movesets are boring and the whole gameplay feels annoying

Shantae feels like the only character in the entire game where the developers actually gave a shit about.

^^^^

This. It’d be cool if they added Hatsune Miku in as well since I HIGHLY doubt she will ever get into actual smash.

Attached: 4188E3D8-37FB-4686-8FD9-269EFF3D6EB0.png (962x962, 257K)

IT'S A FUCKING FREE FAN MADE INDIE GAME HOLY SHIT! Why the fuck do people like you exist? This is a fan game if they wan't to add a fucking meme or anime character before someone who's in the real games so the fuck what? It's THEIR interpretation of a pre-existent series you FUCKING RETARD! What part of THIS ISN'T A TRIPLE A GAME like actual Smash do idiots like you not understand? God damn the amount of non existent common sense in this thread by spastic little shits like you is actually ridiculous. You're the reason why this community is as fucking toxic as it is. Fuck off with your pointless elitist bullshit you don't even play this game. Why the fuck are you even here for?

>Replying this long shit
Just ignore him.

If the devs somehow came to a consensus that 4 anime characters were added before the likes of Dedede or whatever 3rd party rep you want, Hatsune Miku ain't happening.
No offense.

Attached: luigiconsiderthefollowing.png (640x360, 180K)

If i recall correctly, the devs said that Luffy was gonna be the last non-video game character added.

It's a FAN game you fucking dumb ass by the very definition of FAN GAME it will ALWAYS be biased. THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT! How do you people not understand that? God you people and your arguments about this FREE FAN game are so fucking brain dead. You people take yourselves way too fucking seriously fuck off.

How does Phoenix Wright play?

Chill out.

Attached: Kirbydisappoint.png (373x256, 148K)

>still 3 Zelda character
ZERO EXCUSE

well looks like spongebros are gonna stick to ultimate

Attached: 1556318146838.jpg (1600x1600, 635K)

Cause these are 16 bit sprites not 3D models animating a sprite isn't as easy as animating a 3D model.

>Lloyd
how is he good? the fact that he still has a shit sprite is telling

Terribly.
youtube.com/watch?v=NHQ54nm5D9g

>rosterfag
Isn't that like 90% of the smash playerbase?

Ray William Johnson

It'll eventually be changed

source?

>Zelda has never leaved low tier shithole in the official games
>Zelda is top tier here
WHAT WENT WRONG

Isn't this the game with Weegee in it? Where is he?

removed

No confirmation. But it's obvious he'll get a resprite one day since like 1/3 of the roster has got one

>30fps
NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1556752265881.png (1015x764, 899K)

And despite all of this, the game isn’t finished. Fuck off.

BASED

>4 Sonic characters
>Snivy
>Tingle
>No Zelda
>Gooey
>No Dedede
>Saki
>Shantae
>Ristar
>Klonoa
>Weegee (yes, that ancient meme) was in here
big yikes

i mean, he was one of the original 4 to appear. it's silly to not prioritize him

you double nigger

>In his home games, he mostly uses magic or his sword.
Kick are more recurring in his Zelda outings than any specific type of swordfighting, and he barely even employs magic in combat ever.

Funnily enough, both of his swords got a resprite before the character has.

Attached: lloyd change.png (640x360, 218K)

It looks alright & probably plays alright but the anime shit in the roster makes me not want to play it at all.

Just don't play them. They're 4 out of 40 characters (44 in the next update)

Only 1 out of the 4 anime characters included in the game is actually viable at the moment, so I tolerate it.
Shame he's basically a discount Cloud, but twice as braindead

Attached: ichigo.png (250x250, 102K)

Will it ever move out of beta

>flash
Requires deprecated garbage to run, not interested.

Probably not for another 5 years.
And that's me being optimistic.

Attached: ed sad.gif (134x296, 215K)

Weegee was the only good thing about this game

But they're IN THE GAME. How about removing that trash if you want players

When the FUCK is Mr. Incredible being readded. He was in flash 1.

Yeah, pretty soon,

This is the trade off for keeping Fire Emblem except Marth out.

Attached: 1510719788575.png (735x1032, 74K)

They've been in for so long and have a productive playerbase, despite the fact that 3 of them are below average in terms of performance. While polarizing, they still have an impact on the community.

Attached: Whisper says.png (890x773, 428K)

There are more people that like them than those who don't, actually

To be honest, Anime characters in the oficial Smash Bros would be cancer, but here is a goddamn good executed idea. Every moveset of them have been unique, fun and well done, and the detail is apreciable. They stopped doing it, anyway. But i would have been loved seeing Jotaro in the bunch instead of Luffy.

I actually want Knuckles, X and Mr Incredible back. As well Zero and Shadow too. I hope they get in somehow in a future update if they still going on.

Bandana Dee, Isaac, and Waluigi were planned and introduced way before the bandwagon of Ultimate because the devs like them. The only character request they accepted was Luffy. They don't even accept request anymore.

Mr Incredible and Jotaro

Based

Attached: JotaroProfile.png (370x555, 382K)

>See the code of the game
>Assasins Creed, Banjo Kazooie and Mortal Kombat data were found in the code of the game
>In the best they planned include Sub Zero, Ezio and Banjo at first

Literally they put Gooey instead of fucking Sub Zero

Attached: 1556989691510.jpg (324x245, 11K)

Absolutely horrible. The character that get me interested and plays like horrid shit. Don't even give it a try, it's not worth it. Let's gonna wait until they include him in SSF2 or Legacy XP i guess

Attached: 1555084653791.jpg (400x240, 20K)

If I could replace one anime character of the bunch, it'd be Ichigo.
He's not very fun to fight, his moveset screams Cloud with flash step, and he's the least popular of the 4 in terms of general popularity. The only recognition he gets among the community is how busted of a character he is.

Attached: ichigo vs cloud.jpg (1024x686, 199K)

>lazily designed
>Simon
>Sora
What? Simon has almost the same moveset as in Ultimate despite not knowing about it.
He also got angleable aerials

As for Sora

this, his moveset is bland

>sub-zero
>before scorpion
>but in all seriousness
>in crusade of all games
His exclusion was probably for the best.

Attached: brian what.png (246x201, 48K)

Dedede’s exclusion is upsetting

Hi

Amen to that.

Attached: Absolutely Dededesgusting.png (247x75, 22K)

youtu.be/Mqv8NUuJaIc
How the fuck does a gimmick that's suppose to aid you make you even WORSE?

Attached: poochu.jpg (640x443, 25K)

Attached: confirmed.png (1200x1200, 233K)

I didn't want him at all.

This. His recovery sucks in discharge state.
They should keep the 2 dashes but add the burst to the second one

youtu.be/v-gL5nRz99o
APRIL FOOOOOOLS!
>Even if it looks like the video dropped a day before the actual event.

Discharge Skull Bash is fun as fuck, but I usually end up killing myself on accident when recovering because it never sweetspots to ledge and recovering over with a character who's range is the equivalent of a toothpick is fucking dangerous.

Thoughts on Sandbag, anyone?
youtu.be/_y3pF8JCU0E
Definitely one of the most "out there" choices for a playable character.

Attached: bag smash.png (853x479, 217K)

>APRIL FOOOOOOLS!
youtu.be/oXzqlL0wJFA

Best character. Needs some buffs though

>Final Destination's moveset is basically Fox's moveset.
Subtle, McLeod.
Subtle.

Attached: fox only.jpg (450x632, 70K)

Make his movement better on the ground and you got yourself a character.

youtube.com/watch?v=0sNr-pEQImY

youtube.com/watch?v=BHCfIAXOzEI

>this could've been the original roster.
Bullet dodged.

Attached: ssf2 original roster.png (754x600, 242K)

I still want Zero and Cloud

I've always wanted to do a GBA themed fangame, but I'm a useless "idea-guy".
Mario and Luigi's movesets would be based on Superstar Saga. Vaati would be in, maybe Tingle because of the link cable shit. Gen 3 Pokemon and GBA Fire Emblem lords. That sort of thing.

Bandana Dee also has a parasol and Megaton Punch

It's so weird how previously confirmed veterans like Snake and Diddy Kong never saw the light of day, but, yet another anime character some how makes it in.
And this is considering the protests most of the developers made when the og roster was still being decided.

Why is Pac-Man so jank?

Attached: Pacsmug internet.png (466x492, 80K)

Because you can catch your fruit the literal moment you throw it? Or that you can bounce the hydrant on your trampoline?

There's still that Metal Gear stage (temporarily removed) so Snake still might be planned

>Because you can catch your fruit the literal moment you throw it?
Not anymore apparently, but everything it's subtle to change before release

You can literally leave the Galaxian and the Key stranded in the air as active hitboxes.
And up-b is a frame 1, which makes aerial approaches near irrelevant.

>be Pac-Man main
>never played SSF before
>reading this shit
Damn this sounds hilarious. Guess i'm picking up SSF so I can meme on some kids.

Attached: awww shit, here comes pacman.gif (581x440, 52K)

have fun trying to figure out how

Attached: Bdee delet dis.png (640x360, 7K)

>still no doomguy

>here is a goddamn good executed idea
You are retarded

>have a productive playerbase
They do not. Barely anyone plays the game.

But nobody likes them

Reminder that the first ever demo came out before Brawl was released

Attached: SSF2_Beta_PNG.png (545x395, 16K)

Why should I play this game if they aren't gonna remove the anime trash?

Attached: SmugDedede.jpg (500x500, 33K)

You dont have to play as the anime

I can't take this much soul bros

That's not relevant. It's in the game. I'm forced to look at it and tolerate it. Not happening.
So if the devs want to drive all players away with anime trash, then why should I touch it?

Attached: Simpson eh.jpg (259x194, 7K)

I just use them as punching bags.

That's a meaningless coping mechanism. The garbage is still in the game.

4 anime characters from a free flash fan game is gonna turn you off from playing a perfectly decent game?
I mean, I get the fact they're from a separate source of media, but I don't you realize how juvenile you sound. You could've just said that you're not a big fan of the anime characters.

Attached: wojak shrug.png (554x439, 146K)

>4 anime characters
Yeah and that's 4 too many. Again I ask why exactly should I touch it if they aren't gonna remove that kind of garbage? You're defending ANIME characters in Smash. You're the one being juvenile

>Just deal with it
Why? We get to decide if the game has players or no. Why should we have to tolerate the Dev's autistic manchild roster wishes?

Issac and bandana dee are so much fun in this game, really made me wish they were in ultimate

It's not like the game is an official Smash game, but okay.

Attached: Froppy.png (315x313, 16K)

Would probably have more complaints of their removal than praise (removing content in general) since a ton of 13 year olds and under probably play them. Luffy was also one of the most requested characters before the "no anime characters" statement happened.

Because it's fun and free and the anime characters don't detract from the games mechanical qualities.

Ok then remove the Nintendo characters if it doesn't want to be a "proper" Smash

>Sora resprite
>still haven't fixed how they gutted his moveset in the Pichu update
Fuck this. He wasn't even top ten but the removed almost all of Dream Drop Dash's utility as a combo tool and replaced his combo-extender recovery slice for a generic as fuck jump that isn't even as good as other non-damaging recoveries.
What a joke, he wasn't even top ten beforehand, and I'm still upset that he's the only original character outside of Dee and the upcoming Simon that has a somewhat decent moveset

>the anime characters don't detract
But that's the only thing they do. So why would they stay?

>Would probably have more complaints of their removal than praise
Obviously not. People have wanted those characters removed for a long time now

>'m forced to look at it and tolerate it
Just cover them on your screen

>if the devs want to drive all players away with anime trash
Ichigo was one of the first coded characters, and the fanbase did nothing but grow since then.

I don't you understand the point, user. At it's core, it's still a Smash game. And as weird the choices on the roster might be, it doesn't really detract anything from what the game offers. It's just 4 characters, how bad can it be? There's more 3rd party characters on the roster than there are anime characters.

Attached: Tails chuckle.png (596x493, 486K)

>So why would they stay?
because you assertion of
>But that's the only thing they do
Is incorrect because they are unique characters with their own movesets. Name one thing wrong with them besides your disdain for their aesthetic and the fact they are from garbage series

Nah they can just remove them.
>and the fanbase did nothing but grow since then
Actually it's completely shriveled up because of the anime characters. The game has almost no players

calm down spergy

>People have wanted those characters removed for a long time now
>People
You mean Yea Forums? Of course you would think that in this echo chamber

>At it's core, it's still a Smash game
Ok so remove the anime characters
>It's just 4 characters
That's 4 too many. Smash isn't about anime.

>because they are unique characters with their own movesets
Not relevant. it's only 4 movesets, and it's been long established that the quality of the OC movesets is mediocre at best. They don't offer anything and only serve to drive literally everyone away.

>It's completely shriveled up because of the anime characters. The game has almost no players
Stop making shit up.

Attached: Lmao.jpg (223x226, 8K)

The people that want more anime characters (and sonic characters too for that matter) out weigh the people that want the anime characters removed. So removing them would do nothing but raise more shit. Besides, 4 anime characters that actually play different from each other > 4 Marths that are too similar in play style

Anime is there so Nintendo/Sakurai won't take the game down for copyright you retard,

The game has less then 100 players

>The people that want more anime characters (and sonic characters too for that matter) out weigh the people that want the anime characters removed
Well no. The lack of players proves this. Everyone wants the anime removed, and most people avoid the game because of it.
>Besides, 4 anime characters that actually play different from each other > 4 Marths that are too similar in play style
Nice bait

>Source: my ass

That's a lie because that's not how the law works

>Not relevant. it's only 4 movesets, and it's been long established that the quality of the OC movesets is mediocre at best
It doesn't matter that its only 4, the fact of the matter is that its 4 unique movestets that exist and add something mechanically to the game. And the quality of their moveset can always be improved with updates just like any other character. Try again shitposter-kun, whats wrong with them outside of you disliking their aesthetic?

Zelda worst weakness that absolutely has to be addressed if she were to ever be viable is, are her sourspot hitboxes in particular: fair, and bair hitboxes. The sourspots on those are worse than the Melee Roy wet noodle sword. She needs to have those sourspots act as her Marth sourspot hitboxes. Or get rid of those sourspots entirely.
Her grab has too much start up lag, and is fucking inexcusable for such.
This isn't even going into her range, neutral, and movement.

I mean, Smash wasn't really about anything that was non-Nintendo, and here we are sitting with 10+ 3rd-party characters in Ultimate's roster.

>4 unique movestets
Not unique or of worthwhile quality. They can replace them with real characters

I'm not wrong.

>Smash wasn't really about anything
Smash is about videogames. Always has been, always will be. I'm shocked that actual anime autists like you actually exist

>guy defending anime in smash is calling others shitposters
Nice bait. This is why the game has no players

I've proven that you are.

it was pretty good when I tried it a few years back only problem was it was a bit too "floaty"

Attached: SS Flash.png (638x361, 256K)

>I'm not shitposting
>Still telling the same lie over and over again

Attached: Smugness.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>Not unique
Their different from other characters and have uniqe animations just like any other character. You could reduce the movesets to the barebones basis of what they do to argue they aren't uniqe, but you can do that with any character and say it isn't unique.
>or of worthwhile quality
Such a nebolous term that is meaningless without any context given.
>They can replace them with real characters
What makes them not real characters? The fact you don't like their aesthetic?

I enjoy the fact that you keep trying to skirt around the question I keep posing.

>rosterfags shitting up a ssf2 thread with "muh anime1!! i literally can't look at anime characters!!!"

Attached: 1532696111092.gif (932x716, 130K)

>Animeposter
Ok so it was bait. You were only pretending to want anime autism in smash

Mega Man's old moveset was better, hate that they changed it to match the real games

It's really pathetic.
Besides, it's been confirmed that Luffy was the last anime character being added so I have no idea what they're complaining about.

Attached: dadby.png (400x400, 16K)

Because it still looks like a shitty flash game and it feels like shit to play.

>Their different from other characters
No, not really. They don't do anything majorly different because of how mediocre the movesets are.
>Such a nebolous term that is meaningless without any context given.
The team is known for their low quality OC movesets
>What makes them not real characters?
Not vidya which means they're not characters.

Why should anime get to stay?

>Changing the topic
Keep going

Attached: tenor.gif (498x211, 2.76M)

They said luffy was the last anime character

>Luffy was the last anime character being added
No Sailor Moon? NOOOOOOO

Attached: Usagi smash.png (1946x742, 1.89M)

>you'll never have d-air's momentum carrying your blue metal ass throughout Temple ever again.
FUCK.

Attached: megabored.png (364x168, 21K)

>it's confirmed that they wont shit on my plate after this time so it's okay
???

i don't get it either
i don't like the fire emblem characters in smash but i couldn't imagine whining about having to see them

You're an anime poster making bait posts about wanting anime characters in Smash. You're obviously shitposting

Remember to ignore shitposters
Hide their posts and move on

Based

Who cares? The anime shit is still in the game

>They don't do anything majorly different because of how mediocre the movesets are.
>its not uniqe because its medicore
these aren't mutally exclusive terms. I also like how you have to add in the term "majorly" since you can't argue that they aren't actually different.
>Not vidya which means they're not characters.
Super Smash Flash has never stated that only vidya characters can get in, and if I wanted to be pendantic I could point out that in actual Smash ROB isn't a video game character and how Lucario was first introduced in an anime movie, not the video games.

>Why should anime get to stay?
Because it already exists, adds something to the game, and cuttting content that doesn't detract mechanically is retarded.

>Comparing Ike to fucking trash like Goku
BAAAAAIIIIIIIITTTTTTT

>He got removed
Why tho
He was fun

>since you can't argue that they aren't actually different.
Because they aren't different.
>Super Smash Flash has never stated that only vidya characters can get in
Yes it did. When it called itself a smash game.
>ROB isn't a video game character and how Lucario was first introduced in an anime movie, not the video games.
Wow you sure do look retarded.
>Because it already exists
So? They can replace it with real characters

I think 7 Fire Emblem reps is a little overkill, but I don't pay attention to it. If all of them didn't have a sword, I'd actually welcome most of them in open arms.

Attached: mii gunner think.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Because Smashfags hates fun. Look at this thread and how there are people shitting in the entire project for the anime characters, than can easily being ignored.

Yea Forums is like that sometimes

>Check the trailer for this game
>It has fucking Goku and Naruto
Holy shit what a joke.

Attached: SmugSquiddo.png (586x586, 348K)

>luffy,sandbag,b.mage and issac are all low-tier

Attached: 1556506453896.jpg (750x396, 86K)

He's going on circles on some topics and just ignoring arguments in others.
Just hide his posts

>anime characters
>fun
no?

take this poster's advice
and discuss the game with people who actually have interest in the game and not rosterfags

Reminder that the game's dev is doubleposting in this thread. Just ignore his shilling

>They added fucking GOKU before King Dedede or Diddy Kong.

Attached: S'posed to.png (967x731, 940K)

>barely anyone plays
>But nobody likes them

Attached: 1556579850627.jpg (405x270, 47K)

This.
Hope they give him his old down b back

Kill yourself Splatoonfag

fucking pathetic.

>No K.Rool
>No Incineroar
>No Villager
>No Bayonetta
>No Ike
>ADDED Rayman
>ADDED Hat Goomba
>ADDED Isaac
>ADDED Waluigi
>ADDED Goku

Is this shitty game just one big roster autist's COPE?

Attached: Backbreak.png (1024x560, 544K)

>no klonoa
its shit

Old habits die hard. I haven't played the game in a while, does it still take a shitton of time to get past the initial loading screen if you don't download the game?

Why can't they add Senran Kagura

Attached: image.png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

>Boo hoo they didn't add the characters I like

Yeah the reason nobody plays is because people are driven away by the anime shit

NONONONONONONONONONONONO 3-30FPS IS FINE

>N-NOOOO K.ROOL DOESN'T BELONG IN SMASH IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ISAAC REEEEEEEE

ahahahahaha

Attached: Dedede laugh comp.png (1384x776, 1.39M)

the character choices are boring as fuck desu. if you're gonna add non nintendo and non vidya shit like goku, at least pick cool shit like a xenomorph or gamera.

Attached: 1533277397346.jpg (640x619, 196K)

Nah that's Crusade.

You know this is an anime site right

It takes time the first time I you play on the browser version but it should load instantly afterwards

>actual anime trash like Goku
>30 FPS IN A FUCKING FIGHTING GAME
I got monkey paw'd. I wanted Dee in smash so bad

Attached: Deesgusting.png (915x655, 347K)

I was telling you why kirito cant get in nigger

I feel like it's definitely faster than it was before but still moderately slow.

>Yea Forums
>anime site

Attached: wait.png (120x135, 1K)

>steal a bunch of assets
isn't that just crusade

>people
>implying multiple people
>when theres only 83 posters

Attached: 1556826933576.png (500x375, 125K)

Kirito CAN get in. Anime is allowed.

Usually, yeah. But downloading the updates are a bitch, too.

>They actually added Waluigi
Fucking christ just kill this game already

Attached: dying.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Yes nigger are you retarted

Attached: 1555527866021.png (1000x580, 271K)

>a multimedia imageboard is somehow an anime site

Attached: disgustface.jpg (524x336, 29K)

So is anyone gonna tell user?

Luffy was the last anime character you dense faggot

Why add characters more that are already in real Smash games instead of new ones with new moves and a different playstyle?

>Someone linked to this thread in the SSF2 discord
Which one of you fucking losers was it

Attached: dispoint.jpg (550x422, 35K)

>Luffy was the last anime character
Luffy is proof that anime is allowed. You don't get to pretend that the 4 are some exception

Do you actually have no idea how Discord works? If somebody posted it, they'd be the person who, you know, posted it.

>why add characters that people like instead of """oddball""" shit that only appeals to like 10 rosterfags on smashboards

>I want to play a different game with the same exact content

Most of the "posters" was just that Krystal autist who threw a fit because she didn't hold her staff consistently and autist #2 who is also throwing a bigger fit because 4 anime characters got in a fanmade smash game.

Attached: Ren Face Palm.png (306x232, 99K)

I think you need to learn how to read.

>Pretending that every post you don't like is one person
I found one of the discord fags

>He has been confirmed as both the final manga and anime character and the final starter character on Beta's roster. - ssf2 wiki
Sasuga samefag-kun

Attached: 1555354814649.jpg (641x546, 64K)

Not how it works. Luffy and the other 3 show that it's okay to have non-vidya, so we are allowed to have more.

You don't get to pick and choose

>that only appeals to like 10 rosterfags on smashboards
T.first smash game was ultimate

You're asking "WHO POSTED IT?!?!?" as if it wouldn't be obvious who posted it.

If you know for a fact somebody posted it in a Discord, you'd probably be in that Discord and be able to see whoever posted it into the discord.

If you don't know who posted it, you're not in a Discord, have not seen anyone post it, and are thus shitposting with no evidence that anyone actually did.

>We're gonna arbitrarily enforce the "NO NON-VIDYA" now that our personal favorite anime characters are in
Utterly disgusting

Attached: Duckdisgust.jpg (375x375, 39K)

>You're asking "WHO POSTED IT?!?!?" as if it wouldn't be obvious who posted it.
I know you're used to posting on discord since that's where you raided from, but we don't have usernames here on Yea Forums. You should lurk more before spouting such idiocy

The Krystal thing is entirely valid though.
A character's main weapon shouldn't poof into existence, it's bad visual design.

Attached: Alolan Whip whiff.webm (640x360, 652K)

>Only MY favorite anime characters are allowed
Fuck that noise. Why the hell should Luffy get special treatment when both Jotaro and Kirito have been equally as popular in the forum

Attached: tvmansimpson.jpg (640x480, 37K)

>Krystal autist who threw a fit because she didn't hold her staff consistently
This is completely valid though. You can't fucking give a character a long range playstyle without it being easily displayed on their character

The offical wiki states that he is the last anime chatacter nigga
One of the main devs said the roster is already planned, just to further prove my point
forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=46650

Attached: 1556829265970.jpg (933x995, 70K)

How are you this fuckin' stupid? Lemme simplify this for you.
>Discord has usernames
>You know somebody posted it on Discord
Therefore it should be easy for you to name them because
A. You seem very certain somebody did, so I presume you have seen it
B. Discord has usernames

So you should know who posted already, and should have their username already, unless you're just shitposting baselessly.
Also, why the fuck are you asking who did it on an anonymous board? For all I know, you did.

>The offical wiki states that he is the last anime chatacter nigga
means nothing. The precedent is set. You do not get to randomly ban anime additions after adding your personal favorites.

Its cause people like samefag-kun keep complaining, they made luffy the last one cause he was the most requested character
Why would you want kirito, sao is garbage

>it should be easy for you to name an user in a Yea Forums thread
I don't think you know what anonymous even means. Go back, Discord raider.

Why the fuck does Luffy get special treatment?

>they made luffy the last one cause he was the most requested character
Luffy was NOT the highest request. There were a bunch of anime characters that were. So why should their personal favorite get special treatment?

So why the fuck are you even asking? If you want to know who did it, why the fuck are you asking an anonymous board?
You don't actually want to know, you have no proof anyone did, and are shitposting baselessly.
Thanks for trying to ruin another thread with the discord boogeyman, shitposter-kun, but this isn't an SJW thread. Go ruin one of those.

So it was you that did it then? Why are you trying to get your SSF2 discord to raid this Yea Forums thread? Because your game is dead?

He'd saying name the Discord user who posted it, retard user.

Its there flash game,they can what they want
Luffy isnt even a favorite of the staff, he was added to to fan requests

>Luffy was NOT the highest request
Stopped reading here, its obvious you are new to ssf2
Mass requests

Attached: 1556772536011.jpg (1024x542, 78K)

>Guys who did it?
>>You should know already.
>HURR IT'S ANONYMOUS I HAVE NO PROOF THAT ANYONE ACTUALLY DID
sasuga

was she that tcr bitch?

Attached: ghost.png (1125x1500, 62K)

Luffy was added cause the lead dev wanted him. And no, they don't get to do anything they want. This is a community driven game. So they don't have the right to deny more anime characters just because they personally don't like them

>460983049
No (you) for you nigger

Luffy wasn't even close to highly requested. Dozens of others were higher and it was flat out said that the most wanted was Jotaro or Dio

at least porky and NUcas are fun

Good point. But the debate eventually spiraled to the point where it wasn't even about Krystal's aesthetic, and it was just a flamewar about what type of effort was added to the game, with the opposing side deliberately negating any argument the other side made.

Attached: really makes you think.jpg (300x562, 40K)

meant for sorry I'm used to posting on discord

you have to go back

>it was flat out said that the most wanted was Jotaro or Dio

Attached: source-s-dude-trust-me-37765924.png (500x300, 42K)

>Ok they were right but they were still wrong because the opposition was retarded
???

Fuk

>460983253
If you want my (you)'s, you'll have to beg for them slut

Attached: 1556710890782.png (1000x1000, 177K)

>Only MY personal favorites are allowed. No anime that I don't like can be added
Why is that?

because it's their game

>the debate eventually spiraled to the point where it wasn't even about Krystal's aesthetic
Learn to read nigger

Is Simon available already? Last version I played was 0.9

Greg, the lead on the project, has a very autistic grip over the roster because he's one of the biggest rosterfags you'll find. This is why the game has fucking shit like Goku and Waluigi.
The entire community is a mess really. The most recent competitive event had like a 60% DQ rate because nobody showed up then Greg's sperging at the Organizer got the game locked out of the event for good

Attached: Hankhill.jpg (953x730, 62K)

This is pathetic, your just using the same argument despite already being btfo
This is my final (you), i hope you die the same day you have a horrible argument with your parents so they can never forgive themselves, and we can go back to having comfy flash threads

Attached: 1554868750731.jpg (277x430, 47K)

Not yet

So? They don't get to invent rules just to pander to themselves.

unfortunately no, also as someone who hasn't played crusade regularly in years why does simons axe swing like ass anyway?
christ it really has gone to shit, at least Issac's move set is fun to me

You are never going to have a thread here again. Why should you get to be here if the game is just the dev's personal roster circlejerk?

Attached: micky.jpg (326x311, 25K)

Holy fuck this is amazing. Why is it that Smashfags ALWAYS ruin everything they try to create or touch?

Attached: Gengar.png (750x400, 404K)

yes it does because it is their game and not yours so they make the rules
they don't have to listen to whatever you want

WAIT WHAT? HAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING SHITSHOW

We'll just have em in the morning, you'll be to busy with middle school to post

Attached: 1556788126475.jpg (614x800, 122K)

It's a game for the community, not for their personal desires. They do not get to invent rules. Either all anime is allowed or none is. They've chosen to let all anime in so Jotaro and stuff can be added

>Relatively small
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/0cn9tld,Rivals of Aether,/m/0_fqx1t,Brawlhalla,/g/11dxntbrl7

>Literally bigger than any other indie fanmade or modded platform fighter.
>Project M was only searched more for one single day over 5 years and no other title has even come close the entire time otherwise

>Flash game autist has no job
lol

>DQ rate
Dairy queen rate?

>the dev's personal roster circlejerk
And you want the community to decide who gets in? 3000 different characters have been requested

Yes and? If the community wants more anime then they will fucking add more anime. They don't have the right to only add their personal favorites

But most of the events about SSF2 are exclusively online. The only time where real life events are actually held are during Smash Con and even then, no tourneys were held. People who usually played SSF2 there were the people who played it for the very first time.

Attached: courage computer.jpg (512x384, 41K)

Disqualify rate you fat fucking american pig

Attached: 1543678055489.png (1300x1300, 180K)

Are you pretending that the online events even get players?

We added Luffy because he was the literal most requested character. After that, we're like "ok, no more, that's it."

You mean the online tourneys where over half of the players don't log in for their matches?

Same thing happens with every development team. They decide who gets in because they're are the ones programming the game.
Who asked for Incineroar in Ultimate?

The lead dude is literally a ghost. Nobody even knows if he still exists as no one has seen him do anything but idle in Discord since forums were a thing like 6 years ago. I don't think this is true. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he was dead

Hello newfag. Luffy wasn't the most requested character. There were dozens of anime characters that were AND CONTINUE TO BE top requests. Actually do your research on the community before posting

so when is 1.2 coming out?

Why are people crying about the manga characters, just play regular Smash you turbo autist

Nah. They don't get to pick and choose when to enforce arbitrary rules. Also Sakurai didn't say "No more pokemon will ever be added" when Incineroar got in.

Around june-july most likely

When hell freezes over at this rate

That's not true. He's the one that sets up the events with organizers and he's the reason for the lockouts in the past

>Luffy wasn't the most requested character.

Attached: 1555321482195.jpg (500x478, 42K)

Incineroar was actually wanted.

There were dozens of anime characters wanted more then Luffy. There are STILL anime characters who are the most wanted characters in the community. No, Luffy does not get special treatment just because greg grew up with the show.

I'm a dev, and yes he was. Otherwise we wouldn't have added him.

so what are you going to do when they continue to not add any more anime characters

By 2 or 3 people?
Probably even Snorlax was too

>Incineroar was actually wanted

Attached: Raw n heavy.jpg (756x1100, 209K)

>No seriously I'm a dev and my dad works for nintendo just trust me everyone wanted Luffy

Attached: Lies.jpg (475x356, 54K)

>There were dozens of anime characters wanted more then Luffy.

Attached: 1556267525640.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

Incineroar is literally one of the most popular S/M pokemon

Attached: pokemon popularity poll.png (1499x934, 3.16M)

You're going to want to fact check yourself on that. He is entirely not connected to the community at all. Ask literally anyone. The lockout had nothing to do with devs at all as well.

Luffy wasn't even requested. The top picks were shit like Jojo or Dio or Sasuke or vegata

>That low despite being a starter pokemon

nigga you on a fucking Chinese basketweaving forum

Luffy wasn't wanted more then other anime characters. Lmao holy fuck how new are you

The fuck? What does basketweaving have to do with Smash Flash? You retarded?

>Luffy was requested
>I'm a dev

Attached: facts.jpg (207x253, 8K)

Not him, but acording to the wiki
>Before his reveal, Luffy was one of the most requested characters in SSF2
As someone whos been playing since 0.4a i can verify this

God-tier bait

The wiki that the fucking dev team controls you mean? Yeah that's not a source. I've been playing since the shitty first game and I can tell you that Luffy wasn't highly requested in any way.

>Japanese only pokemon poll
What is this supposed to prove

Ok so you are retarded. Must be why you're on this american vidya board spouting about basketweaving or something. Probably an autistic meltdown of some kind.

If we're going by this poll, shouldn't Primarina be in?

Attached: 1557013440156.jpg (256x256, 14K)

They're both popular

>I've been playing since the shitty first game
I dont even think you know what newgrounds faggot. Luffy was the most requested character and you would know that if you where part of the ssf2 community pre beta

Attached: 1556631666263.jpg (941x610, 104K)

I've been on the team for like 10 years. Did menu and ui designs/updates from the Brawl look to what it is now, with some character sprites and stages. Even did a few effects until we got a new guy a couple years ago to help out in that department. We're still working on FSes and other stuff.

Attached: klonoa smash flash.png (907x603, 71K)

Newfag plz go

>I've been playing since the first game
>OK SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT NEWGROUNDS IS
lol calm your autism. I'm telling you that Luffy was never highly requested. I know that since I've been playing since the first game.

>I'm telling you that Luffy was never highly requested
He was though you fucking brainlet

>>ADDED Hat Goomba
Nothing wrong with him though.

Hey pal I'd love to indulge your fake ass RP but it's not going to change the fact that Luffy was never an exceptionally requested character. There are dozens of anime characters who were and continue to be more requested then Luffy.

Attached: FELLAS.png (1366x768, 1.71M)

Luffy was never requested. You have no proof that he was.

Greg would NEVER post in the thread because then he'd need to explain why he only added his own personal favorite anime characters before randomly banning the addition of anime characters. Nice try though fag

Even if Luffy wasn't requested, you can't help but think that he'd feel missing when Naruto and Goku are in the same game and Ichigo is somehow still sitting in the roster with them.

Attached: weebsquad.png (640x360, 201K)

>Luffy was never requested. You have no proof that he was.
The wiki for one, and the fact that i have been playing ot for years,plus skip to the luffy reveal in this vid and look at twitch chat go beserk
youtu.be/djs8EityWn0
The only proof you have is "i-ive been playing s-since ssf1!"

Attached: 1554070616650.png (405x491, 81K)

Attached: 1555292565712.png (744x1052, 907K)

Where's your proof that Luffy wasn't the most requested at the time then? You keep saying he wasn't but haven't posted anything to prove that aside from your ass.

She looks like she fucks mexican guys

That's not true. There's no reason to think he's missing. But characters like Dedede actually ARE missing. Nobody ever thought about Luffy

>it's okay when Goku, Naruto and Ichigo get in over Dedede but not when Luffy does

>Nobody ever thought about Luffy
Source:my ass

hemad

She should have been in it

Attached: image.gif (140x140, 47K)

The wiki isn't true. It's run by the Devs so they obviously post lies in it. So you can't prove anyone wanted luffy. Luffy was not requested. He was added because of the Devs personal bias towards that show.

>Dedede
I actually agree with you there.
What I meant is if you had that specific group in a game missing a key member of the squad and a lesser popular member's there, it'd feel weird.

You're right

Attached: 1550541556394.png (572x563, 172K)

>waddle dee in before dedede
>four anime characters
reminder that the lead autist wanted to have three anime characters per franchise like 3 naruto characters and 3 dbz characters and so on before people on the forum told him how retarded that is. he was also going to include generic OC characters again including this beauty mcleodgaming.fandom.com/wiki/Fan_character#Robo_Ninja

Its fucking disgusting that any of them got in before Dedede. What's your point

Luffy isn't a key member. They're 4 different franchises you fucking idiot.

OH NO NO NO NO

BUT THEY SAID LUFFY WAS HIGHLY REQUESTED AND NOT JUST GREG'S AUTISTIC PERSONAL BIAS

HAHAHAHAHA

>only adresses one of my arguments with a claim that has no source

Attached: CoolGlumHydra-size_restricted.gif (252x252, 40K)

belmont is from the ps1 castlevania remake, still cringe tho

How can rosterfaggotry be so strong in thread revolving around an unofficial Smash game? Do you Smashfags have any standards?

Attached: sakurai disgust.jpg (520x372, 54K)

We don't really touch the wiki anymore, it's ran by fans currently.Also, Greg likes Bleach not One Piece. It's why Ichigo was the first coded character in ssf2.

i always wonder about these people who develop these fangames. this must take up a lot of their time. do they have jobs?

He'll get in eventually. It's not a fucking race

Your other arguments are just you lying about being around during the start of the beta

They work on it on their free time. Reason why it takes a lot of time for a new update

What about the stream chat nigger?

If the updates take this long, I'm more than sure that it's not the only thing on their mind. In fact, there was a ex-dev that got married and had a kid.

Fucking hell do RESEARCH before roleplaying
See
Greg likes Bleach, DBZ, Naruta, and One piece which is why he put them in. Because only his personal favorites are allowed in the game

Its just a samefags

You mean generic chat that would've been spammed for any kind of announcement?

Are you just assmad because you wanted another Chinese carton chatacter to get in

Greg doesn't care about Dedede so he's not being added