Thoughts on Dreams?

Thoughts on Dreams?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZc28bsid3E
youtu.be/0rF41hhnTMM?t=698
youtube.com/watch?v=xT8zx5fLfeM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i think i'll get it when i can get a cheap physical copy

this game can look legit amazing, it's just that the community hasn't been able to produce truly beautiful shit

Attached: dreams-ps4-psx17-screenshot-06-childhood.original.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

legit looks like a painting, I wonder how stuff like this will look in motion

Attached: dreams-ps4-earlyaccess-screenshot-06.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

Oh. That's nice.
Why do people keep saying this won't be able to step out of LBP's shadow?

I think the issue is the vibe that this gives, LBP was this party platforming game with a heavy focus on having fun with multiple people, dreams on the other hand gives this more meditative vibe imo, which I think will be more off putting to many people

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZc28bsid3E

Any point-and-click games made yet?

This. If only someone could recreate Sam & Max Hit the Road.

the perfect Mm game

Attached: 1547595262108.webm (650x364, 2.88M)

I thought that one of the campaigns will be a point and click detective style game, I could be wrong

Get a PC, seriously.

There have only been a few text adventure games. No point and click as far as i know.
this.
1 of the 3 is a point and click jazzy story that looks pretty damn comfy.
youtu.be/0rF41hhnTMM?t=698
Nah. PC can't handle this.

Attached: 1527493470818.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

but with unreal engine I can't just try out people creations seamlessly and instantly while in dreams I can just jump from experience to experience fast and others can play creations easily as well

How?

Dreams will come with some already made levels, then?

How do you get into the early access?

You pay up. Thirty bucks.

The devs have a few campaigns installed in the game last I heard

yeah it has a story mode which is like a couple of different games that make up the entire story, like the point and click game, then you have some action platformer iirc and so on, I heard rumors it's really short though

Already forgotten like any other similar game ever

What do you mean how?
see youtube.com/watch?v=xT8zx5fLfeM

Yeah, as a catalogue of things to try it does have some value. But as a content creator you'd be limiting yourself by putting work into any of this, instead of working on your own game with proper tools.
It's sad to see all that amazing stuff people are making with this, which will result in pretty much nothing because they're using this closed down platform.

>Not out
>Forgotten
Tell me about what happens to me in June time traveller user

you assume I want to make entire games in dreams, but I'd think most are looking to create small creations that wouldn't amount to some game that would be released

I think part of MM's story mode will have a point and click section. It would be fairly easy to make if you are okay with using the popit.

There is almost no point in recreating games. It would take a year or longer with no financial backing. Dreams is best used as a fun learning tool or something to prototype peoples game ideas.

>tfw slightly burnt out because I'm a brainlet who can't understand everything gameplay creation related

Attached: PS_Messages_20190501_161339.jpg (1920x1080, 84K)

you know how it works

a few articles on how somebody recreated some old game and in a few weeks forgotten

I imagine some people here have the game, how big can you make the levels? Compared to the size and complexity you were allowed in LBP.
How many levels can you make before you run out of space?

>Spacing
Says it all

I'm not talking about you specifically, I'm discussing the platform in general. Nobody is ever talking about you.

I want to know too, because I've seen big levels but they're very flat and simple, I wonder how big maps you can have if while having them still looks decent

I fear the game coming out this late in the PS4's life cycle will be a problem. Perhaps they should have waited and make it a PS5 launch title to make sure the game has a good lifespan.

GO

FUCK

YOURSELF

>but I'd think most...
I figure it's sort of like a gamejam game for people, you as a player have this huge catalog of bite sized individual experiences, it offers something very different than like unreal engine because of that
it's like sharing ideas
thoughts?

That looks real noice. You can even make your own title cards for levels, too.
I wonder how will the character creation work. Will it be like sculpting shapes or will you have to do the whole topology plane by plane?

Attached: 1528036435325.webm (1000x562, 2.75M)

It will come out on the PS5 as well, and will likely have some good to okay creations by then.

Now I know. I'll make Lego Worlds in Dreams. Only actually good.

this is lame when you think that it's not actually an entire minecraft world but just a few placed blocks, but this'd be insane if it actually procedurally generated a world

What do you mean you wonder how it will work? Why don't you just go and watch how it works currently?

Attached: 1541434987359.webm (1280x720, 1.22M)

Attached: 1552883491427.jpg (1200x1001, 92K)

I'd get it for the coop but I don't want to support P2P paywalls.

Idk, part of the fun is finding all that stuff out on your own, you know.

Attached: Ps1_Spiderman_madeindreams_I_hope_you_like_it4cnhj66gi8v21_2.webm (360x240, 2.79M)

I'd like to see something with a more striking visual style. Are there, say, Persona 5 based levels? With how much people talk about it I'd imagine it's a given.

It's fun.

Attached: 8576903766734.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

they made a new proper level for that

Man, you might want to take a course in UI design.
Cute otherwise.

What do you mean

Attached: 1544490378517.webm (1280x720, 611K)

I would use this 247 if it was on PC because then I could potentially share my creations outside of the game, which I value because if the game dies then you could still create and share your shit to people

Buy it in 5 years for $5 in the bargain bin. Maybe then you will have like 3 or 4 MM's Pick that are actually worth playing.

It's going to be a sea full of half-assed platformers mini-games, half-assed pretentious animations literally no one cares about, and some random assets, most of them dicks.

Remember in LBP2 when you had all those shitty movies cluttering the actual platforming levels? Now imagine if you removed then platforming levels. That's going to be Dreams.

Attached: 1556844884693.png (498x634, 304K)

Hey, now that I think about it you could make a Castlevania game. Would it be possible to implement a character select?

It's still WIP. Only the life bar is finished.

>Animations can be pretentious

Fuck. You just killed my entire hype. Fuck having to support 10 years old hardware that is already obsolete, and will be completely rubbish in 2 to 3 years.

I can imagine levels are going to be 50% smaller just to make them run in the PS4.

What if they are both pretentious and fun?
>Haus of bevis

Attached: 1556527567458.webm (1280x720, 1.23M)

There's a size limit right? that's the biggest worry. After seeing a couple of streams, one or two complex objects can take 30% of the assets you can place down.

Noice, that yours?

wonder this too, in addition I'll ask, can you use emitters to stream parts of levels as necessary so that you could bigger environments?

Very pretentious jumping

Nah. I just liked the look of it.

Attached: 1525636351283.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

I'd imagine you can at least break down levels into multiple areas. Look at that P.T. recreation, it had clear transitions.

VAMPIRE POTTER, YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

yeah that I've seen, I wonder if it performs better if you stream parts of the level in and out on the fly so that you don't have to have the entire map loaded at once

but I'm kind of guessing it wouldn't have a positive performance impact at least on a big level, and I guess it would be a strain to load stuff on the fly

there's a third level to pick now

Oh cool.

I love the light effects in Dreams.

Attached: 9707836365828.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)