Are the older Ass Creed games still worth playing? I've never played 1, 2 or Brotherhood...

Are the older Ass Creed games still worth playing? I've never played 1, 2 or Brotherhood. Should I grab them on the next Steam sale?

Attached: assassins-creed-hidden-blade-gauntlet-neca[1].jpg (600x419, 39K)

ezio trilogy's pretty good, and black flag is nice because pirates

1 is good. 2 is probably the best and Brotherhood is more of 2.

The first game is legitimately one of the worse games I've every played. 2 is a fucking masterpiece in comparison

>tfw you will never play assassins creed 1 for the first time ever again

AC1 is one of the worst games I ever played.
Up there with Fable 3 for being so dull.

The first game has unskippable cutscenes and hundreds of bullshit collectibles. You have to play it for the story in the next games to make sense though.

None of the AssCreeds are really worth playing.

Attached: 83FB3B2D-E406-4F75-8357-6E0F078B2BA9.png (900x900, 491K)

Just play 2 and call it quits.

I never played the original but the rerelease was good.

How so?

Have no basis for comparison so can't say. I enjoyed it though.

Depends... They're very different than Origins and Odyssey, I'd say for the worst.

AC1 is very unique though, flawed but unique, nothing in the series since came close to the feeling of hunting down your target in large cities.

was anyone else obsessed with trying to make a hidden blade when they were a teenager? I'm just glad I wasn't retarded enough to bring that shit to school

Attached: WA0aiL.gif (320x180, 991K)

I only played 1 and it was the most menial boring trash I've ever played, I honestly don't understand how the series became so popular.

>first time playing an AC game(ezio trilogy)
>expected cool medieval assassinations and parkour
>got a frenchman in modern day who does absolutely nothing

Fuck this.

Those are the ONLY ONES worth playing, stupid.

What rerelease? AC1 has had no rerelease whatsoever. It doesn't even have a current gen port

this is a good way to cut yourself.

Why havent they remade that game? it was a damn good game.

black flag, unity, origins and odyssey are pretty good, just don't play all of them in a row

Play 1, Ezio's trilogy, and 4 then stop there.
Pretend the modern day shit doesn't actually exist.

I could make mine to open but I had to close manually

What I don't understand is how cutting out a finger to fit in a hidden blafe worked in the first place

The blade was designed to be aligned to where the ring finger should be.
There is no rational reason behind it, the whole thing was symbolic.

I'm assuming it's because a lot of people shit on it now and say it's hard to go back to after having played the later ones. It really is strange though. They don't even have to touch it up much, but they seriously haven't done a single port of it whatsoever. It's like they're intentionally ignoring, while literally every mainline game from 2 onwards has gotten remastered

>unskippable cutscenes
Easily fixable
>bullshit collectables
Literally the entire fucking series. I 100% every game (going way beyond getting the Plat, since a lot of stuff isn't mandatory for it), and every single game is full of bullshit collectables

the asscreeds most worth playing are 2 and revelations. the only hiccup is 1 is not worth playing but you need to have played it to fully appeciate revelations. does that by itself make it worth playing?
its short enough that you can finish it in a single sitting so i guess its moot

2 and Brotherhood (which is basically 2.5)
Revelations if you want to have some closure for Ezio, gameplay is pretty much the same
Black Flag and Rogue (which is just Black Flag .5)

also, I'm having fun with Odyssey but I kinda miss social stealth

Bayek fucked up and they sorta ran with it
>We trained them wrong as a joke

ac1 was a proof of concept game. price of persia in levant killing muslims and christian influences is still the best setting of any ac series. though the game might get repetiitve at least it stays true to the action adventure genre and doesnt try to shoehorn meaningless rpg elements to the game like armor system or stats/experience garbage. it's a pretty straightforward assassination/parkour sandbox and it does what it aims to do pretty well without being full of distractions for player to forget what kind of game they were even playing (see black flag).

2 is my personal favorite single player game of all time. I think it was the height of the genre. It was the perfect blend of a game stuffed full with things to unlock and progress in and stuff to work towards, just before the beginning of the era of microtransactions. Working towards 100% completion of the villa was satisfying and you got a detailed visual representation seeing the town go from a dump to a rich renaissance village. Gameplay was varied, story was really good, it’s Jesper Kyd’s best soundtrack, possibly one of the most likable MCs of the era who has a legitimate arc, and while it wasn’t necessarily difficult, it had plenty of ways to play it to challenge yourself; and the freerunning puzzles in the hidden areas were a blast with a great reward. 10/10 game for me.
Brotherhood is nice too, when viewed as an expansion for 2. You lose a bit of the globetrotting feel, but building up recruits to master assassins is a lot of fun. I really liked the multiplayer too but no one plays it anymore. It was best when it was at its simplest.

That’s the funny thing with black flag though. 3 was received so poorly that they went overboard with the distractions, to the point where the ‘distractions’ was the great value of the game and the assassin’s creed parts were the parts you wanted to skip by.
Every pirate game since has tried to copy the feel of black flag’s ship combat, for good reason.

STREAM IT

I might be in the minority in saying that I enjoyed Syndicate. The whole Victorian London setting was pretty nice, and there was a quite a bit to see. The dlc missions where you just straight up solve weird crimes was really fun.

Yeah, the murder mysteries were a great thing in Unity and it's neat that they took the idea and refined it in Syndicate. Setting is great and, if I recall correctly, some of the assassination missions were very Hitman-esque.
The characters were pretty bland, though, and I think splitting the playable character into two didn't help.

In my opinion the ONLY AC game worth playing is 2. It works as a standalone game, the plot is coherent and mysterious and the atmosphere is 10/10. Black Flag is good if you really enjoy the gameplay and love pirate Carribean thematic, but the story and characters are dumpster fire.

Revelations is worth it if you are really invested in Ezio and has the best monologue in the franchise (Ezio explaining the Creed).

Was it a blade? I thought it's just a pointy end like a needle.

Then it would've been called the Hidden Needle you prick

>needle
>prick
I get it

Attached: 1453638739638.png (800x590, 212K)

I thought in AC1 atleast it was to show devotion to the creed that they cut off the ring finger?

>forgetting about Black Fag

2 also didn’t feel too bloated unlike the later entries in the series, no forced padding like ”liberating” districts or anything. I remember playing the Venice part of it in one evening because I were so hooked on to it, and it’s rare for a game to achieve that with me.

One is nostalgia kino, it probably wont hold up anymore.
2 and brotherhood are great no two ways about it.

Setting was nice, but Syndicate also suffered from comically lame use of historical characters (here’s this famous guy, his role is to give a few side missions with no real connection to plot, meanwhile all main story characters are made up), ridiculous amount of filler shit that is partly mandatory for advancing the plot, and the plot itself didn’t really go anywhere. I liked the actual assassinations very much, but otherwise it felt so bland and artificially extended that it’s hard to recommend.

that's the best one

Are Odyssey and origins worth getting uplay to play, or should I just get them on console?