This game fundamentally misunderstands what made sonic great...

This game fundamentally misunderstands what made sonic great. It's sad that the sonic community is so starved for a good sonic game that they embraced it

Attached: sonicmania00_0.png (848x480, 535K)

This is a very detailed and well-thought-out post.

This post fundamentally misunderstands what makes bait good.

disagree, but even if it was that way the graphics, music and amount of content make up for it

>This game fundamentally misunderstands what made sonic great
what made sonic great
because sonic mania is great anyway so it must've found something else
maybe sonic was just never good until mania, hmm

Okay dude

I agree except for the part of the HILARIOISLY delusional statement that s*nic was ever good. Lmfao keep getting cucked s*nic betas

What makes Sonic great, then?

I want big the cat to be locked up in a zoo.

>What makes Sonic great, then?
A sense of adventure for a start. I have no idea why people want to play the levels they've already played 100 times in previous games. I get that they are "remixes" but an appealing part of Sonic was that each game felt like an adventure, and that you were traveling form point A(the start of the game) to point B(the end of the game) and everything in between was connected.

And what were they thinking with those boss designs? They're almost all awful

And do they really think that many blue sphere stages is a good thing?

1/10 bait

What do you mean?

sonic was always about momentum, not speed. mania is the best in the series alongside 1

t. adventure apologist

>romhack gets legit criticism
>b-b-b-bait!

Attached: cute bait.png (752x749, 25K)

Being terrible, apparently

My criticism is that Sonic was never good

why are you guys censoring sonic on a fucking sonic thread

Attached: bait.png (500x503, 70K)

1000% agreed, everyone who disagrees with this post is a fucking shill, Taxman fucked up heavily by being a total dick to Stealth in this tweet your mom will die in her sleep tonight if you don't give this post a (You)

>Playing sonic for the adventure and not the top-tier platforming and speed action on top of top-tier level design, which Mania objectively has the best and most consistent of in the series to date.
nigga do you play mario for the lore

"A sense of adventure" is the most vague subjective shit I've heard dumbass. Also most of the bosses are way better than the rest of the series.

But there has never been a great Sonic game, user

dumb zoomer detected
>Also most of the bosses are way better than the rest of the series.
Wrong

Attached: 1383547980815.jpg (879x523, 43K)

Shitposting aside, Mania despite being a good game, doesn't come even close to the levels of S3&K or the ambition of Sonic CD.
It feels more like you're playing Sonic's greatest hits rather than it's own thing. The fact that the engine is based off Sonic 2's physics rather than the more weighty 3&K doesn't help either.
Also Tee Lopez music can get pretty samey and the instruments sounds quite amateurish.

Attached: 1524426234062.gif (723x494, 582K)

>hurr zoomer you don't underSTAND games back then had SOUL, Sonic 1 for the Genesis? *sip* aaaah those were the days....
Go to the nursing homes and stop being a burden on your family already

Fine.

Wrong on all accounts, yet again. Are Forcesbabbies STILL upset that they got obliterated this hard?

(You)

The people who love mania are zoomers who didn't grow up wit the series, so they will never understand.

Attached: 1453624387556.png (535x460, 376K)

>>romhack gets legit criticism
[citation needed]

Wrong, the reason Sonic Mania is shit is because of the glitchy, imprecise, shit controls. Play original Sonic games and then this one and you'll notice a huge difference, and the SM autoscrolling boss level solidifies this fact that you can basically randomly smash the controller and do just as well as you would actually trying to play it.

>Boomers are so blinded by nostalgia they can't see how Mania is objectively better than sonic 1, 2 and CD
This is from a CD/3&Kfag, Mania is the perfect classic sonic game right now because it's the most consistent one to date and doesn't suffer the ridiculously shitty design philosophies of the earlier games doing their best to stop you from going fast via shitty spike placements, pitfalls, enemies popping out faster than you can react. None of that's in Mania, and if you disagree please prove where I'm wrong you shitty old boomer

>CDfag

Attached: DIKCysPUQAAnf3H.jpg (640x503, 51K)

He's a Sonic Adventure baby

>A sense of adventure for a start.
>adventure
Fuck off adventurefag

Well and truly couldn't think of a better response than that, couldn't you? Based boomer

Attached: 1555620121261.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

Attached: 499F3ABE-035D-4BD7-B445-2482DA48614A.jpg (627x477, 118K)

I like Mania, but Plus was pretty underwhelming. None of the new content was that great. I can say Ray just isn't for me, since seeing him blitz through levels when in the hands of speedrunners shows that he definitely has his own niche cut out, but Mighty seems like an easy mode with nothing interesting for regular players, and Encore is just very slightly altered level layouts.
I'll only actually buy it once some good mods come out, since the mod loader doesn't work with the 1.05 version of the game I got.

What does SA have to do with anything?

boomzoomdoomyoomgoomhoomvoomnoomwoomqoomloom

If you think CD and Mania are good games, you are beyond help

>hurrr I don't NEED to make a counter point because you're too STUPID to understand it!
i've been btfo, wtf dude??

Name one (1) good Sonic game

Manias problem is that it isn't ambitious, it plays it far too safe with nostalgia pandering and doesn't do enough to be more than just a plain "good" experience. The new levels were great, particularly Press Garden (and excluding Mirage Saloon Act 1 as Sonic). I enjoyed it enough but I haven't felt like going back to it.

Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles

Wrong.

Ok zoomer

It's a worse game because of the things you mentioned. Sonic was about momentum, not speed. You could speed through levels if you really worked for it but it was never autopilot. Removing most obstacles and reducing the difficulty in spike placement meant you could autopilot chunks of levels in mania without much thought. You could pretty much hold right and just time your jumps. I loved how in 1 you needed to work for that momentum and almost always had to correct the trajectory of your falls to maintain it.

lol he shooped a monster can into a jojo anime image, comedy gold

Friendly reminder that people that hate the adventure titles are either
>incompetent at platformers
>game grump viewers

Not sure which is worse

Mania is awesome though, so idk what OP is on

Are you kidding me nigger? You genuinely think untelegraphed instant-death pits, spikes, and enemies you can't avoid unless you either know the level by memory or have unreasonably quick reflexes aren't good game design, good lord. In Sonic Mania you'd know if you actually played the game that it's all about momentum, and in fair ways too without resorting to cheap tactics to force game-overs.
actually I didn't make that, I did make this though

Attached: 1552073033880.jpg (800x600, 24K)

>physical version had a sticker on the plastic wrap when I bought it
>put it on my door
>realize that I can't take it off again without ripping it and I should've just put back on the slip cover again to preserve it
please help
my autism over this fucking sticker is stressing me out

Attached: pearl_says_fuck.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

I'll give you the remixed zones may be one of the lower points of the game (Hydro City might have been my least favorite zone out of Mania, despite loving the original from 3), but I don't think it's anywhere near enough to dismiss the merit Mania has. That said, I would like to see more original zones like Studiopolis and Press Garden if a sequel is ever made.

Attached: 1426031987022.jpg (1913x1405, 338K)