I’m really liking this game

I’m really liking this game.

Attached: EDA34E0D-20C0-43BC-B79D-54A67FDC692C.jpg (1920x1082, 1.99M)

that frog has a soulful ass sprite.

Yes, except you're playing the worst version of the game on PC.

>UI
just emulate

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

What is this?

Not OP, but the PC port is fine. If you want the new content and translation on PC, it's better than emulating the DS version.

Kys you annoying no friends fucktard. No one is your bros here.

I thought the PS1 version was the worst. They say the loading times are frequent and unbearable.

Does this game really need a 16:9 aspect ratio?

The PS1 version is by far the worst, the loading times to even go into a menu are the worst. Best version is probably the DS version. PC and SNES are close 2nd.

The DS version is the best because the UI doesn't obstruct the game

what makes the DS version better

>mixels

Attached: shiggynagi picarat.jpg (1000x800, 544K)

Chrono Trigger.

I’m playing it on iOS

The best version is the SNES because all ports fuck up the sound.

You make it sound like we're talking FF6 GBA levels of bad, here. It's nowhere near that bad.

Those pixels look disgusting, isn't there an option to turn on scanlines? Also, old games aren't good OP, you just have nostalgia.

what is wrong with you

Elaborate.

Annoying dumbshit

Dumbass zoomer.

Quiet grandpa, your game is old and boring.

I think Secret of mana 2 is a much better game
>like 6 different playable protagonists where you then get 6 different storylines
>engaging action combat way ahead of its time
>different end bosses depending on the choice of characters
>characters can evolve into new classes changing the combat drastically

That being said they are probably equal and I'm just really nostalgic towards Seiken Densetsu 3 because it's something I played as a child whereas I only somewhat recently ever played Chrno trigger
I really wish they would make more games in this style, just an epic(in the literal sense of the word) journey where you power up and have fucking awesome boss fights, but none of that boring turn based FF and DQ shit

Attached: 1411830895409.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Attached: 1541022331298.png (512x416, 116K)

I’m 20 and a zoomer as well, you’re just a dumbass zoomer. Chrono Trigger has actually aged pretty well.

It's pretty great.

Heh, pitiful.

>Chrono Trigger has actually aged pretty well.
No it didn't, it's nostalgia blinding you.

It's the SNES version with more postgame.

>that UI

Attached: 1556284345273.jpg (905x881, 266K)

How can it be nostalgia when I haven’t even played the game before last year? It’s actually pretty good, honestly.

Attached: 9F79C7B5-3CED-46F0-A182-7741DB71C627.png (800x1552, 2.02M)

Nah it isn't.

Okay, explain why it isn’t good, genius.

Found that Yea Forums addict who cant ever stop replying and thinks everyone is the same person

Why was so much combat in this game based on positioning when you couldn't directly affect that?

The transition from some of the scenes, lack of writing explaining events, barely any character development, lack of world-building, etc. Can you know explain why you like the game since you couldn't even say that in the OP, and if you aren't OP you still haven't made a solid argument as to why the game is good. Stop being blind to nostalgia.

Ok.

Exactly. It's why many people say that the game should have been turned based. Honestly, fans of these game are basedboys blinded by nostalgia.

>the PC port is fine
Look at that fucking UI.
How is this "fine"?
Why do the characters need a fucking healthbar under their sprites obscuring the pixelart?

Dude fucking mcmurder yourself. Nobody thinks you're cool or witty for saying this stupid shit.

He did nothing wrong.

Attached: preuzmi (1).jpg (1024x576, 71K)

How fat and hungry are you right now?

>Health and ATB bars being under character sprites instead of just being on the UI
>Image being CROPPED vertically (top and bottom is cut off compared to DS/SNES)
>This is somehow "Fine"
No it isn't, you're playing the worst version.

you shouldn't, it's overrated.

I'm 4% bodyfat. I'm actually pretty hungry.
On a scale of 1-10, why do you project so much?

Attached: virgin nosh vs CHAD CHOMPER.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

By millennial kiddies. There are far better 16bit JRPGs

Same as SNES + better translation + no censorship + more content + animated FMVs

>likeable characters
>fast paced ATB gameplay
>fun time-spanning story
>great pacing
>graphics that still hold up even to this day
>great sound design
Simply put, its fun.
>multiple endings

Oh and UI being only on the bottom screen so the top screen is completely unobstructed during gameplay, unlike on SNES.

Damn, I wish I could punch the faggot on the left.
Him and his degreased burned on the bottom vegan pizza.

The guy on the left is pure fucking s󠛡o󠛡y
The guy on the right is JUST after coming out of prison after being framed and falsely convicted so I understand why he said fuck it to manners and just chomped it down.

I picked it for the first time a couple years back and really enjoyed it too. Glad you’re enjoying it user. My only complaint about it was, if memory serves, you were basically required to get an item to deal with one of the end game bosses, and that item was hidden behind a relatively obscure side quest.

But I also could just be a shitter

>>likeable characters
You need to elaborate on what makes them likable and what characteristic of them that makes them likable.

>>graphics that still hold up even to this day
Like every other game from that era that wasn't made sorely to cash grab.

>>great sound design
This is subjective.

Could you actually save the forest in the SNES version?
Only managed it in the DS version and was pleasantly surprised taking Robo to the woman actually worked as planned this time around.

You are never required to get anything to progress in CT and are never walled from progression because even if you fuck up absolutely everything possible in itemization and sidequests, you can still just grind a few levels to overpower literally everything in the game including the DS-exclusive superboss

Yes, you could.

both are atrocious

The forest/Robo shit always bothered the shit out of me in terms of logic.
You're literally leaving Robo there for 400 years, and sure to the main party and you the player that shit is literally a minor inconvenience where you lose him for a total of maybe 5 minutes of time that it takes you to go back to corridor of time and just change the time period.
But Robo is there completely fucking alone, with 0 maintenance, stuck in a medieval society for 400 fucking years.
That's not how you treat your Rob(r)o.

The one on the right is excused by circumstances, the one on the left is pure s󠛡o󠛡y.

>Not OP, but the PC port is fine

THIS is fine?

Attached: 1519866582866.jpg (800x600, 122K)

how do you know what his circumstances are

Attached: cat angry.jpg (319x319, 79K)

Because I literally watched the documentary about the guy and know the backstory?
He was framed for murder he didn't commit, cops didn't do any background checks because he was an easy and fast way to close the case and he spent few years in prison until his lawyer managed to unravel the entire conspiracy and get him acquitted.

Lucca’s basically a giant nerd, Marle is energetic and friendly, Frog has great character development dealing with his inferiority complex and standing up to/learning to let go of his vengeance towards Magnus, Robo is one of the sweetest robots you’ll meet in fiction, Ayla kicks ass and takes names, as well as being hilarious at times, and Magnus is just based all around.

Attached: 850DECCD-B372-4AB0-8AF1-DB15C971C22C.gif (468x380, 223K)

Did he at least get a big stash of $ for the cops fuckup?

I don't remember that part, but I can look it up for you if you want.

>learning to let go of his vengeance towards Magnus

yeah, by Killing the fucker.

I'll go with CT on this one since it's a nostalgia bomb. If I would choose which games to include in the SNES Classic, an official english translated SD3 would be part of it.

>playing it on PC
>not just emulating the DS version

Attached: 1556628557086.jpg (700x684, 79K)

Actually, if you decide not to fight Magnus, Frog decides that he isn’t worth it (for now) and that killing him won’t bring back Cyrus or Chrono. And then he just walks away.

I have some classic mixels for you, Mr. Zoomer.

Attached: doom_001.png (640x480, 242K)

Oh hey, turns out the entire shit was a hoax.
thechive DOT com SLASH 2016 SLASH 02 SLASH 19 SLASH guy-eating-in-n-out-like-a-maniac-was-staged-7-photos
Guess we all got rused.

Well, that was anti-climatic.

Attached: WHY-downhill.jpg (399x464, 52K)

Yeah it's even more so to me since all those years I really thought it was a legit story, shit sucks but at least I learned something today.

Yeah, except this isn't well established in the game due to the writing being subpar. You are able to tell some of their characteristics but it isn't being done well and their character development isn't all that good.

>E1M4
Lovely.

yeah and then he's a cuck.

Except it’s 100% player controlled. And if you take down Lavos before confronting Magnus, Frog confronts him alone and wins.

Posting best girl.

Attached: C3E7A49B-A3D2-443E-ADB0-CEEAEC6B173E.jpg (800x900, 172K)

Attached: BDACD373-9A7E-4BE6-BB06-9CDC690628E8.jpg (935x900, 217K)

If he walks away from a revenge he's 100% a cuck. His friend died for nothing.

Which of the beauty of choices, user. It’s your choice of whether or not you want Frog to be a cuck.

Magus is a faggot anyway.
Stopping Lavos is for the greater good sure, but he's worthless and could never do it anyway.
He could at least have the decency to unfrog Frog before he fucks off and canonically gets BTFO into amnesia by SUPER LAVOS

Attached: 0C901BA3-EA88-402D-9B54-F4B20187D0EE.jpg (1000x707, 166K)

Attached: D3F79A5C-BD47-4C72-B393-D69B47F4D335.jpg (523x700, 267K)

Attached: 201911B2-7DB3-400E-8808-E003C50F82B1.jpg (800x1050, 796K)

>this game has aged
>lists a bunch of shit that isn't in any way mechanical
Poor bait

Do you need literal anime quality spell-it-out writing to understand that Marle is a sheltered, enthusiastic princess or that Frog is honorable but guilt-ridden because of past failures? Read the fucking text you moron, it doesn't require a PhD in literature to understand basic SNES character traits.

Attached: BBF1A4B2-8D09-4792-A8F7-4D3018C15E64.jpg (424x598, 75K)

I don't think you understood what I said, it's inherently in the writing, it just isn't good.

Attached: 17D4DCF0-4554-415C-83F4-313470408466.jpg (987x850, 224K)

Whats it about?

I played it for the first time last year an old DS my brother left here before leaving for college, I was surprised how much I liked those little sprite characters. Combat was actually fun, it’s a lot of fun to flex on enemies with lit combos

Triggering Chrono

This makes me nostalgic for when I first played this game in 2008 on the DS.

Attached: Crono.jpg (262x290, 13K)

You better have ATB always active and in the max speed

What the fuck.
Every time they port old games to PC or consoles these days they have those ugly menus from mobile shit

Chrono Cross sucked donkey cock
Why was it so bad bros?

Unfinished. Something like Magus was supposed to have a plot to link to CT but was scrapped

battle music sucks,battling is more of a slog than fun,the story isn't interesting at first glance,the game plays overall way slower than chrono trigger mostly because of load times,and you come in expecting it to be as good as chrono trigger which also makes it seem even worse than it is

retard

NO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE IT. You're supposed to be like every other contrarian fuck here and say it's overrated and terrible

>that hideous UI and buggy version on steam and mobile

Why

>Yea Forums

>I'm 4% bodyfat
post proofs, fatboy

>choices
This is the only chooce you make in the whole game besides choosing in which era you want to fight Zeal.