Splinter cell

He's back
>Wildlands dlc sets up a broken arrow
>SC games now suddenly back compat on Xbox one
and now this

pcgamesn.com/new-tom-clancy-game

Attached: 3075723-screen shot 2019-01-16 at 10.21.01 pm.png (627x640, 456K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4u4Hfak3EIk
youtube.com/watch?v=bL74sOInIj8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The series has been shit since Double Agent.

Attached: Stop it he's already dead.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

please stop playing with my heart like that
I still haven't recovered from Double Agent, Conviction and Blacklist

I liked Blacklist gameplay wise. Except that one mission.

DA on Xbox OG is great and on 360 it was fine

Conviction had great coop. SP i don't remember. Blacklist on max difficulty was good and if it had Ironside people would have liked it more. The wildlands dlc required no alerts no kills so my hopes went up

I don't really care if ironsides isn't back JUST GIVE ME FUN BIG STEALTH LEVELS AND GADGETS AND NO FUCKING AIR STRIKES

Double Agent was kino and you know it

Blacklist was fun fight me faggot

>There was this other guy. Army infiltration, wore a bandana or something.
>He retired, Sam
>Then I'm the only one

Attached: images_14.jpg (231x218, 8K)

Never really got into DA's story
I really enjoyed Conviction for some reason, it was just fun I guess. Blacklist was... Okay

That hit me hard

Attached: 1544546231434.jpg (482x427, 58K)

Double agents story and what it tried was good. I always was on edge

Now that I think about it I really enjoyed the skyscraper mission, in Shanghai or something, that one felt tense (except the helicopter crash part, that was fucking retarded)

I liked the cruise ship and those. The ice one too was cool. I kinda wanna replay it now.

New Spies vs Mercs when?

Hopefully it's Blacklist 2.0 instead of the older "creep slooooowly along a hallway, A GUARD! QUICK INTO THE GAP! now that the guard has passed begin to creeeeeep and now you are onto hallway 2 with your objective!"

I think Ubi could do it. Get the Siege team on it

everytime I see those green googles this pops up on my mind youtu.be/4u4Hfak3EIk

Monkey's pawn: dedicated Spies vs Mercs game.

Ubisoft hasn't made a single good game these past few years.

This new game will be yet another generic open world garbage shooter where you go to icons on the map and press X. Also shitty tacked on multiplayer.

I think HITMAN's success helped revive this gaem

Yay for stealth revival

>I think Ubi could do it
Oh god.

>Get the Siege team on it
OH GOD.

If you have other terrible ideas, keep them to yourself.

I dunno, new Splinter Cell was teased for a while. Also it seems like Ubisoft CEO might have a soft spot for the series.

>tfw it ends up playing like the older games since Blacklist bombed
>mfw Blacklist apologists get BTFO just like DmC apologists

Attached: 1554436962229.jpg (750x828, 40K)

What mission?

The winter mission where you defuse the bombs, where there's first person perspective segment and chase sequence. No idea what were they thinking about that one mission.

The final part in that super cramped room with the SWAT team you had to avoid was super tense.

Underageb&

>Hitman: Absolution is shit and fans call it shit
>new Hitman games come out as true sequels to Blood Money
>DmC is shit and fans call it shit
>new DMC game comes out and its a true sequel
Best timeline

>Get the Siege team on it

Ah yes, Rainbow Six Siege - that game that's completely unfaithful to its franchise.

Because things couldn't change more for the worse after Conviction and Blacklist.

weak b8

>born in 2000

it'll be shit

even if by some miracle it's remotely decent it'll be about the same as the new hitman games, fun gameplay but shit story, music, art design and everything else.

Getting ghost ranking with highest points is far harder in Blacklist than the other games.
So it's better.

I mean we could go back to the "here's your pistol, it can deactivate lights on a whim" if you really want.

Whut? Nu-Hitman still has a bunch of things from 2016 and misses the best fucking things from Bloodmoney
Map shows nothing still stuck with the shitty radar, "muh beat the levels with these methods to unlock things", it took two fucking games to give us a fucking suitcase, the new content is just a sniper mission in a new level, game is still fucking built around instinct.
All the did was remove checkpoints for an autosave system now.

Or I just prefered that Blacklist had the best stealth in the series and ghosting it was far more preferable to the fucking hallway simulator in previous games (granted I did not play conviction because it's also shit)

If I was trying to fucking troll I'd bullshit about how panther and assault made it better - those made it shit. Having the levels able to be properly fucking ghosted, without interfering with the guards is what made it great. Same how nuHitman is great because it's built with suit only, silent assassin.
The older games are shit in comparision to it

Chaos Theory director returned to Ubisoft few years ago.

Though to add: I will say that the forced combat in the missions across all Splinter Cell games is shit.
I would like forced combat to be removed, yes

Bro, I like blacklist too but I breeze through that shit with the crossbow on realistic and get ghost no where near as hard as some of the old ones.

Ghost with top points, user.
It involves not interfering with the guards at all so no knocking them out, etc.

Unless you mean the emp/noise makers but those were in Chaos Theory.

Take the sea fort level for example. Ghosting it is literally: sleep grenade the two guards on the pier, pop in the door, melee KO one guard, then the other.
Put on the tracker on the router.

Shoot the doggo with a tranq dart from the crossbow, ko the other guard, shoot the lasers (or avoid them), track on cell.

Up top and just ko the guards one by one with sleep darts and leave after the third tracker.

Without getting to ko guards or dogs or play with lights it's a lot harder

why announce it now and not at their E3 show?

Attached: chrome_2019-05-04_23-37-53.png (410x480, 290K)

Abu Samuel al-Fishadi

Beat the rush of announcements

That link you posted is grasping to straws. Splinter Cell's director has been interviewed several times and asked about a Splinter Cell game, and he either dances around the subject or flat out says they don't know what to do with the franchise.
The only way we can get a new, proper, developed by ubisoft Montreal with all the bells and whistles splinter cell is if Assassin's Creed stops celling, which looks unlikely even today. Also Ironside isn't getting any younger, he sounds fucking rough in that Wildlands DLC.

Blacklist coop was good. Splinter cell coop is always great but I only have normie friends that suck and get frustrated easily

good point and they'll most likely save the gameplay reveal for the show.

This shit is like deja vu, it's exactly the same dance we went through last year.
>we'll hear something during E3!
>okay, maybe they'll announce at gamescon!
>m-maybe at the xbox thing for sure!
>ha-ha maybe a nintendo d-direct
Fuck them and their manufactured hype bullshit. They know Splinter Cell will only land them a couple million copies, that's why they don't bother. If the new Hitman games doing relatively well didn't incentivize them to revive the franchise, nothing will.

What's the best way to play the superior version of Double Agent? (The Xbox version) currently? Is that BC on Xbox One?

I wish he had soft spot for PoP, I really like india/middle eastern fairy tail setting.

BGE2 went through same thing.

he ain't working on Splinter Cell

not a lot, but it's a more fun way to play any stealth game, blacklist wins for me just for allowing purist gameplay
splinter cell was never about big levels like thief of DX, it's about being a ghost in enemy territory doing your job. shooting or KO anyone is fail state for me.

Same, with AC turning into these huge action rpg worlds they might as well bring PoP back that focuses on linear level design and parkour.

It's not BC sadly but yes Xbox visuals are far above ps2 it's insane

This could also be set up for Watch Dogs 3.

It's as simple as setting an AC game in Persia, and they know it and they actively avoid it.

The company mentioned in the article is in the Tom Calancy universe.

>i want it to feel like I'm playing a SC game without actually playing one

>Calancy
kek, I remember that

LOOKS LIKE STEALTH'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS!

Attached: 1545496374526.jpg (996x682, 64K)

THIS
no it was fucking garbage, a travesty just like Conviction

>SC easter eggs in new far cry
>That's set after a nuke
>Wildlands sets up a nuke has gone missing and Fisher is sent to investigate

they're gonna do it

Attached: 1553104080158.jpg (842x792, 81K)

For me, its Chaos Theory OST

youtube.com/watch?v=bL74sOInIj8

>Or I just prefered that Blacklist had the best stealth in the series
hahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA kill yourself you moron

double agent was meh
conviction was different but fun as fuck
blacklist was a decent modern revision on ct (if you're playing on extreme or whatever)
tl;dr ur gay

bump

this desu

>TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING

Attached: 1556933321286.jpg (318x313, 11K)

Friendly reminder that Blacklist was a legit good stealth on the highest difficulty. You memed too hard on that one.

This unironically, Clancy games can only be measured by their based high difficulty modes which are usually "realistic". Blacklist only fumbled on that one by making a separate mode that removed the mark and execute bullshit, but it's still the most faithful modern SC game. All games have good values in the series.

I thought DA was fine but the story was fucking stupid.

This was one of the coolest OSTs ever. It totally shouldn't have worked, but not only did it work, it dominated. Fuck man, just hearing this track makes me want to go back and replay CT. It's been at least ten years.

Thats some "Ubisoft Cinematic Universe"-tier shit they're doing
I fucking hope they're not gonna pull some shared universe shit. Its always mad gay

The Tom Clancy games were always in the same universe. It's just now being extended to every Ubisoft game, which is fucking stupid.

>broken arrow
rogue spear

They didn't really do that much crossing over though.

Sam Fisher op for R6: Siege SOON

>mfw it's open world live service game

Attached: Gtspain+gtelf+entirely+accurate+french+salt+_6ba3a259b0e4368043945291b77ee9ed.jpg (912x905, 96K)

It actually was a decent game but I think Nu-Sam did a lot of damage to the franchise's image.

HAWX 2 -> Splinter Cell
GRAW 2 (console version) -> Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -> Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon Wildlands -> Splinter Cell

Come to think of it, Splinter Cell is like a weird nexus of the Tom Clancy universe.

That and the retarded Hollywood action movie plot, and Asscreed ripoff gameplay.

I'm willing to bet we get a cross-over duo of a Ghost (hopefully Jon B from the new mission) and a Splinter Cell Agent (the new agent that's going to be filling in Sam's shoes for the new game...70 year old Sam still going at it isn't going to work)

It would help promote both games and would allow the universes to officially merge, even better, something to rival infinity war with Dokkabi's end of the world premonition:

All major teams (HAWX squadron, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6, and Fourth Echelon) coming together to fight a global threat like the shit from Modern Warfare 3 (where it hops from team to team, switching up gameplay from each perspective)

Now that, that would be worth $60 or a torrent

Anyone else bothered how Grimsdottir's design changed so wildly from game to game? She went from office lady to qt icelandic scientist to irish redhead badass

Come to think of it, I think Endwar has Third Echelon mentioned in it. Grim is the leader

I love old school Tom Clancy games. The original Rainbox Six and Splinter Cell games were my favourite as a kid. Even now they're worth going back to.

Would love to see a new entry into SC is they tone down the Blacklist stuff and concentrate on gameplay similar to Chaos Theory.

>Anyone else bothered how Grimsdottir's design changed so wildly from game to game?

I'm more bothered by (((Cohen))) completely disappearing from the series. Where's my big tiddy Israeli field runner?

It's like they all went to shit around 2006-2007. I'm wondering is Ubisoft had some big management change around that time.

I agree with you, but that's never going to happen. Using Rainbow Six as an example, just imagine the common modern gamer plotting out their teams' routes for 20 minutes and then dying immediately. Then going to Twitter and crying to the devs because it's too hard.

Endwar is literally Infinity War for the Clancy-verse: Captain Mitchel from the GR team is in, the HAWX squadron is as well, R6 members are mentioned and since Splinter Cells were both in GR/HAWX we can safely assume the mention was correct.

I might go play Endwar just to catch this. too bad the events of The Division render Endwar an alternate future of sorts, still wish it was the ultimate End Game of it all, it would one hell of a series if that's what it led up to

Attached: tom_clancy_game-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg (1366x768, 216K)

THE GREEN TERMINAL IS BEING ATTACKED

>what i want
a linear stealth game
>what i am expecting
game as a service comoarable to the new hitman games where a big level gets released every few weeks
>what i really REALLY do not want
Open world game in the style of mgsV

That's when gaming became more of a mainstream thing, so they had to make games that appealed to a wider audience. It was the start of the 360 and Wii era, where games stopped being made for nerds and started being made for fratbro and grandma.

>open world
>in style mgs v
You want far cry 2 tier openworld in 202x?

If done correctly it could be surprisingly good. Imagine if it was very accessible but difficult to master. With a planning stage more akin to Frozen Synapse in its ease of use while simultaneously being a very dynamic and responsive FPS. Basically improving on Raven Shield. If this was done, I think it could be pretty lucrative. The game would appeal to hardcore tacticool fans while still allowing for newcomers to try something accessible that is unique and interesting when compared to other FPS games to come out recently, instead of turning it into another FPS that plays identical to something like Call of Duty.

>what i really REALLY do not want

No, i do not want any open world of any kind but i suspect if it happens to aplinter cell they will copy mgsV

>>Come to think of it, Splinter Cell is like a weird nexus of the Tom Clancy universe.
Well it makes sense, Splinter Cell is the one thats all about gathering intelligence in order to help assist ground troops, spies, war efforts and whatnot.

I really enjoyed the hell out of MGSV but the open world was so poorly implemented I couldn't agree more. It seems like GTA and Elder Scrolls have just turned the industry towards open world for good now and I hate it.

MGSV's open stealth can work, you just need it to be compact and focused, Ground Zeroes was perfect.

I mean I would love that, but I don't know how you make something like that and both keep it accessible for today's braindead ADHD gamers while still staying true to something like Raven Shield or Rogue Spear.

I just want a sequel to Far Cry 2. Its the multiplat version of STALKER

Yup. I think you're right. You'd have better luck funding something like that for an indie dev. On the bright side Raven Shield is still getting some interesting mods.

>Modern Ubisoft
Monkey Paw...

I only every played double agent, what Splinter Cell games are worth playing?

They're all pretty good, but they started to change with Double Agent. Chaos Theory is easily the best. Second to that I think I'd choose the first one.

splinter cell, pandora tomorrow,chaos theory, arguably blacklist
conviction if you are in john wick mood.
so yeah, all of them.

the first three undoubtedly, even if pandora tomorrow is an uneven mess.

Just the first three, unless you can also find an old-gen version of Double Agent.

Do you guys really trust Ubisoft to make a new good Splinter Cell?

While i'd love to see a new one, i'm not sure it will be worth a damn.

Conviction is not Splinter Cell, and blacklist was generic and had zero soul.

oh fuck its all leading up to End War 2 isn't it

REPEATING DIGITS OF TRUTH

Attached: 1550302910771.jpg (750x1024, 57K)

Oh god oh fuck

Attached: Horrified Kramer.gif (200x189, 799K)

While watching some cutscenes I just realized they did that tracking shot cutscenes style something like God Of War did. That alone makes Conviction the best one.

t.

Attached: 1527976806617.jpg (700x734, 107K)

>using onions meme
>while posting no counterarguments which is the most onions thing to do

explain me why am I wrong, user.

>muh cinematics

Go watch a movie, filmfag.

Splinter Cell is not about retarded hollywood cutscenes or a god of estrogen wannabe. That's for Metal Gear Solid players. SC always was a gameplay heavy game where the narrative went along with it, and it was an absolute master at it.

Meanwhile Conviction is shallow in gameplay AND story and just followed the usual modern game tropes. Saying it's the best because of how they made some stupid cutscenes is beyond retarded. I'm sure it was your first Splinter Cell too.