How the hell are you supposed to beat this fucker? I do no damage to it regardless of the weapon

How the hell are you supposed to beat this fucker? I do no damage to it regardless of the weapon.

Attached: gaping-dragon-large.jpg (600x338, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls.wikidot.com/co-op#toc9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Simply deal more damage to it

Is this a troll thread? Literally just wait for it to drop its teeth, run away while it charges in the other direction, then run up and smack it. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe try hitting him in different spots

easiest boss in the game, bait a charge and beat his leg when he stops

Yes I know, but I do no damage, the amount is in tens. He manages to swipe with his tail so many times that I run out off flasks
>Just avoid his attacks
You are bound to make 1 or two crucial mistakes when you have to fuck with him for a long time.

How the fuck do you die to the gaping vagina dragon? It's so fucking easy. How do you get there and still not know how to play the game?

>still not know how to play the game?
It's not my fault they keep changing the rules.

No idea. I ran out of humanities so I gave up

If you deal too little damage you need a better weapon
There's also a specific action that you can do during the boss fight which will make the fight easier

+2 halberd isn't enough?
>There's also a specific action that you can do during the boss fight which will make the fight easier
And what might that be? If you mean roll, fuck you

You can get rid of one of the bosses attacks by getting rid of the thing that causes the attacks
Since you know how to upgrade, you could go back to the smith and upgrade your weapon further

I don't have anymore titanite.
I know about the tail dude.

POST STATS

Keep upgrading your weapons. I had friend who held up on upgrading his weapon, because he waiter for some epic drop.

Easy boss, keep your distance then attack from behind when you get an opening.

Red cape knights drop titanite and the smith sells them too
Don't know what else to say, you seem aware of how to fight the boss but it's just going to be painful to do with low damage as the gaping dragon is one of the tankiest bosses in the game

Level 40
Vitality 16
Attunement 12
Endurance 20
Strength 25
Dexterity 19
Resistance 13
Intelligence 10
Faith 8

I'll admit, when replaying this game, for some reason I always deal VERY little damage to it. It's an easy fight but god damn is it boring, and Solaire also dies in about 5 seconds (not because you need help, just because it's fun to play with Solaire, you know)

But when I remember this fight it's always just a visually interesting but easy fight that I had no trouble with.

And now, every time, it takes forever.

Is this a remaster thing or am I just remembering it wrong?

Attached: 1554757971691.gif (500x381, 676K)

>+2 in the area that unlocks up to +10

If it makes you feel any better OP, the first time I played DS I stopped here. Since then, I've beaten the game multiple times and Gaping Dragon is one of the easiest bosses in the game. I would think a +2 Halberd would be enough, but you should be able to buy more titanite to upgrade your shit further. Or just get the Drake Sword. It's a terrible crutch, but it's a pretty strong weapon in the beginning of the game.

Goddammit. I just lose my confidence whenever any fight prolongs, I just know I fuck everything up and have to start over.

You know what, maybe that's what it was. I haven't used the Drake sword since the my first playthrough.

When you're familiar with the game every boss only takes like two minutes to beat. Gaping dragon is one of those +5 minute bosses because of how much health it has, plus that early in the game your weapon will be +5 at most

Repair your weapon

I have the drake sword but it's the same as the halberd.

>Level 40
>Vagina Dragon

Attached: 1529074754774.gif (300x153, 237K)

this boss is literally the Pinwheel of dragons, try harder OP

If you're bringing in an NPC summon, don't do that unless you're absolutely certain you can solo the boss ezpz. Friendly phantoms of any kind increase boss health and NPCs are only rarely good enough to at best make up for that increase.

The majority of the time it just makes the fight take longer.

shoot it until it dies

cut the tail off and he cant damage you

Which part is the bait?
>Friendly phantoms of any kind increase boss health
What

look, when you first entered the depths you should have come across the butcher with a chest next to it, chest has a "large ember", give that ember to the blacksmith, it allows you to upgrade weapons past +5, get your weapon atleast to +5, it's easy to farm titanite and the blacksmith sells them cheap, since you seem to know how to fight the boss and your main issue is damage, go upgrade the weapon and you're set.

"Boss HP is increased when phantoms are summoned. It is increased by 50% with one phantom summoned, and doubled with two phantoms summoned." darksouls.wikidot.com/co-op#toc9

With players this is fine, players are generally better than the NPCs. But in the gaping fight in partciular the NPCs you can summon just add 50% to the dragons already gigantic health pool, don't really do much damage and due to how big the fucker is they don't give you very many extra openings by taking aggro either.

You should end the game with something around level 80. Having level 40 this early in the game means your either joking or you pulled a dsp and farmed.

I farmed at the bridge dragon so I could use the zweihander. I can't get screenshots off my switch so a shitty phone one is good for now

Attached: levels.png (732x607, 578K)

What level are you?

Go back to Firelink Shrine, go to the graveyard with the skeletons, search there till you find the Claymore, buy titanite and upgrade it. That's it, the whole game will become a joke.

Console or PC?

that's the zweihander, the claymore is on the hellkite bridge.

don't forget to make it chaos

Console

use magic you dunce

Use weapon in two hands

>and doubled with two phantoms summoned.
Well that explains alot

Which magic should one use?

>Leveled resistance
Ayy lmao

Attached: dark souls meme 3.png (1280x856, 960K)

>You are bound to make 1 or two crucial mistakes when you have to fuck with him for a long time.
user this game has been out for like 7 years. No one struggled with the dragon

Cut off his tail. It doesn't gow back even when you die.

>No one struggled with the dragon
Glad to be a first

Attached: f0d.jpg (415x570, 41K)

I just suck at games.