What went wrong

What went wrong.

Attached: 1537305225539.jpg (460x215, 31K)

EA

>DA:O
Too many areas that are a complete drag to go through. I loved Deep Roads when I went through it the first time, I don't feel like going through it ever again. Same for Fade.
>DA2
pacing, dungeon design, stock assets
>DA:I
MMO quest design
it isn't a totally horrible game and it has its moments but only if you're really invested into the characters
my lowkey boner for Cassandra prevents me from hating it

Nothing, it's a fun game.

>game is ancient as fuck and bioware has put out pure shit for nearly 15 years since then
>people still act like bioware is amazing
am i the only sane person left on the planet

>pacing, dungeon design, stock assets
Did the best that could be done with a ~9 month development timeframe. I mean, the end result is just terrible, inexcusable and a shitty excuse for a $60 priced game and the $30, I think, DLC that was released later, that supposedly "fixed" the game? But still, for what they accomplished in such a sort amount of time, it was impressive.

this and mass effect were the last games not influenced by EA during development.
wanna take a guess yourself?

>people still act like bioware is amazing
On Yea Forums?
Every single positive BioWare thread is a "What went wrong" throwback to Baldur's Gate, KotOR, DA:O and maaaaybe ME2.
Even Biodrones generally are fairly disillusioned with the direction of their franchises.

Oh sure, "did the best they could in 9 months" is a nice perk and I am generally always sympathetic towards the talented and overworked people trying to squeeze out water from a stone (Blizzard also has a few of those remaining), but the end result isn't fantastic and as a consumer I have no obligation to play it or pay for it.

I'm just saying. DA2 is a 6-7/10 game that was made in 9 months, because EA wanted annual RPG releases that they could mometize the fuck out of. Then, when Bioware got extensions to their development schedules, continued to release 6-7/10 games, made in equal timeframes, because they grew complacent that, with the extended development time, they'd have the time they needed to make their games be everything. And by everything, i mean graphically beautiful, optimized, well written, engaging in gameplay, immersive in their open world and player retentive. Which they fucked up, because they had not the budget, manpower, tools or expertise to fulfill their visions. So instead we got Inquisition, Andromeda and Anthem. They've basically been remaking progressively worse DA2s, but in open world settings, filled with bloat and bugs.

Dao is a good game. da ii and dai are trash

>DAO
The Deep Roads and the Fade
>DA2
EA wanted DAO's money with half the budget
>DA:I
Plays more like an MMO than an RPG

>Plays more like an MMO

Same with every Bioware game after ME3. DA4 will be more of the same.

A lot of levels were "that level" that you think of looking back. The Fade and The Deep Roads are the biggest examples. Minor things that could've been fixed with the sequels. Instead we got 2 and Inquisition.

DA4 is gonna be Anthem with Dragons

Mage Circle level

What's wrong with blood magic?

I would honestly be really happy if there was another modern-day game with DA:O's "cinematic" quality, non-banal party customization, tactics and so on.

PoE and P:K, while enjoyable in their own right, are too immediately associated with the modern interpretation of Baldur's Gate, which was a different can of worms.

Comfy party camp > Denerim > Orzammar > Brecilian Forest > Sacred Ashes > Mage Circle Tower > Lothering > Derp Roads > the Fade

DAO is my favorite of their fantasy ones and I've been playing them since Baldur's Gate came out. Unparalleled cast of characters and great interconnected story/world/lore that crucially is presented during the course of the game itself instead of just having a bunch of disconnected tomes.

Either mages are naturally retarded or using blood magic corrupts you

Change the Brezilian Forest for either the Sacred Ashes or the Mage's Tower and it's a 10/10. As bad as the Deep Roads were, Orzammar was pure kino.

Single player MMO

Absolutely nothing as long as you aren't just murdering random people for their blood. It's funny how the Chantry calls it evil, but the Templars are all addicted to powdered Titan blood.

Attached: 1510227114824.png (754x680, 532K)

Cisquisition came out. I turned it off right at the scene where they started singing. Whose fucking idea was that?

shitty companions, boring setting, boring gameplay, shitty graphics, boring story etc

>tfw i will never defend Ostagar with Alistair for the first time again
10 fucking years, oh god...

>Everybody hated sing-along mode scene. What do we do?
>Try it again, only this time everybody sings along.
>Give this man a raise!

I love that the brainlets here, most of whom have never played any of the games, still quote that part when Iron Bull says a "trans" man (a woman) that they are a special caste within Qunari society and treated as men.
To those brainlets: He is bullshitting her. He is a spy, and tries to get on everybody's good graces. No codex in all three games, no novel, no other Qunari in any of the games allows women a role on the battlefield..