What wrong with this design again?

what wrong with this design again?

Attached: 1556964553503.jpg (375x376, 41K)

Movies based on games are cringe, Detective Pikachu is no exception, lets see if the Nintendo bonus will apply to it as well.

Nothing we like it now, after the sonic shit.

I used to feel that they made them look a little too realistic, with visible fur and less smoothness. But after seeing Sonic, it's rather grown on me.

This
The concept in itself is terrible. I don't know what goes in the eyes of people to not think this is a form of Uncanny Valley, but only disgusting rather than creepy

They took the original design, put fur on it, cat nose and those realistic eyes.
Fuck Disney and fuck who ever paid to see those lazy piece of shit live action remakes.
All of this could have been avoided.

I cringe at everything haha I watch cringe compilations on YouTube XD

Looks honestly worse than the Sonic movie trailer. I don't see why people are excited for this when every Pokemon in it looks like it has bug eyes and down syndrome.

Mario Bros was a MASTERPIECE! TRUST THE FUNGUS!!

It looks great. I'm getting a Muppets vibe from it and I'm cool with that

Nothing.

I've watched the whole movie. Pikas design is good.

Mewtwos is what is going to throw people off.

Mewtwo has a part where he talks non-telepathically. Teeth. Like sonic teeth. Really angry yelling. And Teeth.

The mouth.

Mewtwo having a mouth isn't how this is supposed to work

what's wrong with :3 ?

Is there a camrip yet

so the pokemon look like they do in the games/anime is what you're saying

Attached: 3456345643656.jpg (611x583, 50K)

It's a shitty movie with a Pokemon skin on it. The three positive reviews are from nerd shit publications and everybody else hates it because (just like every other video game movie) it only makes sense to people who play the fucking games. Give it 40 years when everybody over the age of 40 now is dead

Will they sell Pikachu plushies like this?

Literally nothing, I always liked it. I think they have toned down the fur length a bit, though, so it looks cleaner now than in the original trailers.

>Movies based on games are cringe
Well that is partly true, you see the problem with this kind of shit is that most games have a story that can not be cut to such a short length of a movie that it still makes sense or is entertaining enough.

Then there are other factors like actors who are either not good enough for the role or truly don't care about the setting of the movie.
Also another problem is that with a movie taking an already existing IP that has a certain following there are bound to be disappointments about it because like I mentioned before a movie just does not have as much time to unfold a good story as a game has.

As much as I hate to say it the best games that could be adopted into movies would be the CoD Series because they essentialy already try to be that, same goes for Sony Exclusives.
The only game that I would consider to be smth truly kino if turned into a movie would be Spec Ops: The Line.

Attached: 1556895749451.png (959x1024, 756K)

They unironically hired the guy from deviantART who makes all those awful "realistic" Pokemon designs and put him on art direction.

Pikachu always had fur. The only difference is that in the anime and stylized art of the games, you could only see the fur from certain angles (and when the animators / artists weren't being lazy)

t. baby boomer
the mixed reviews point out positive qualities in the movie, too. they just also point out how none of it connects to them because they don't know Pokemon, while they also add this extra thick layer of snark because they don't want to deal with another universe becoming big in theaters. also slight hate against japanese things. One of the reviews says, "That was a Pokemon Go reference, you should have gotten that!" and another says "Pokemans".

Attached: theresnolimit.gif (330x275, 1.99M)

Looks retarded when I hear Ryan Reynolds voice come out of a disabled yellow rats mouth

WARNER BROS.
HIRED
THAT
MAN

God I wish I had a Pikachu to pet.

It doesn't makes sense but for some reason in my adolescent mind I never imagined Pokemon with fur unless explicitly shown, so seeing a furry Pikachu feels weird even though it makes sense.

>People on DeviantART work for hollyhood

how horrifying.

The lips, it looks ugly.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x800, 119K)

Pikachu is the only one that looks good in the movie, the rest is gremlin-tier.

The fur is too long and fluffy. And uh...those eyes.

How about I let you pet my Diglett instead?

>hired the guy from deviantART

no matter how many times I hear it it still sounds unfucking believable.

so fucking tired of jewwood forcing "MUH REALISM" into everything.

Attached: 1546540269766.gif (382x308, 1.47M)

>Pocket MONSTERS look like MONSTERS
Oh, the humanity! How dare they!

he cute

I have to wonder, do you think this was somehow intentionally arranged to make the Pokemon movie look better by comparison?

Attached: 1556632486806.jpg (284x288, 47K)

This, I just want to be zapoed out of existence

>implying

I like PIKACHU. The rest of the Pokemon are still ugly freaks.

It looks good in a still like this, it's pretty much 1-1 with the official designs. What kills it is when you see it in motion, specifically when emoting. The wrinkles they add to the model look uncanny as fuck.

Here we go again!
>TheWrap: Detective Pikachu slogs, and its joys are fleeting, like a battle with a wild Mewtwo that you just can’t seem to catch.
>wild Mewtwo
>IndieWire: It seems that this particular game of Pokémon needed more time at the gym. Yes, that’s a “Pokémon Go” reference, and if you can’t follow it, don’t bother.
>Entertainment Weekly: But the main problem is that the film’s gumball-mayhem plot is so frenetic that it’s impossible to determine if it makes a lick of sense. Maybe that was the point.
>old man in theater is lost wondering what is pokemans
>Screen International: This adaptation of the popular 2016 video game throws everything at the audience with such vehemence that the sum effect is overwhelming more than it is entertaining.
>2016 video game (they are not referring to JPN Detective Pikachu, fuck you if you think they are this smart)
>ScreenCrush: If you need Wikipedia to explain who Mewtwo is, most of the jokes will go right over your head. The whole thing is a bit too childish for adults, and a bit too convoluted for kids. It absolutely deserves an Oscar nomination for Best Visual Effects however, even if the subject matter makes me think it’s unlikely to receive one.
This is a big tell right here. This dude is literally saying because of what the movie represents, a japanese franchise, it will most likely be invalidated from any rewards. They don't want to have to deal with hate from people who love a japanese franchise universe because they're getting old.
>TheWrap: But for those of us who don’t know a Jigglypuff from a Charizard, this film scores low on wit, coherence and engagement.
>The Associated Press: You’ve played Pokémon Go, right? Call this one Pokémon Don’t Go.

Attached: critic.png (328x393, 180K)

They're fucking monsters, what did you expect?

reminder they want the score low on purpose

Attached: reminder.jpg (581x479, 81K)

But why?

Attached: dogbox.jpg (960x956, 77K)

I think so. Some backdeal, you make sonic cg look like dogshit and we let you make mario & sonic Olympics on the switch.

God I wish I had a Lopunny to "pet".

So the film doesn't spoonfeed boomers, not necessarily a bad thing.

>Boomer critics think Pokemon started with PoGo
Jesus Christ

>Yes, that’s a “Pokémon Go” reference, and if you can’t follow it, don’t bother.

Attached: 1556938081154.png (1280x736, 974K)

don't use the word "boomer". there are people that played pokemon early and are boomers now. we're talking about those middle-aged and baby boomers that have zero idea

Attached: 57xcr8jlqcs11.jpg (1024x784, 84K)

No, they just made this shitty Sonic to get people to watch the trailer, then they'll put their real one in the movie and it'll look slightly better. The trailer they made was purely to gain attention for the movie.

It'll still be shit.

Attached: Ben_(Full_Throttle).jpg (640x480, 19K)

i cant imagine "working" in a more pathetic field such as movie and game critics
appeal to the lowest common denominator of pseudo-intellectual pond scum who eat up your awful opinions like a maggot eats shit
god these self righteous pricks annoy me to no end

cursed image. Do NOT open.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-03 videogamedunkey(1).png (1242x988, 1006K)

>don't use the word boomer to describe baby boomers
But that's the actual fucking use of that word, you meme-addled moron.

So this guy is mad the movie doesn't spend the first 30 minutes explaining what a Pokemon is?

Pikachu was the dad all along

>don't use the word boomer to describe a boomer
Spend less time on the internet.

Pokémon aren't even that hard to understand. They're animals with cool, magical-like powers.

there's literally the meme "boomer" and there's baby boomer you dipshit

Who wants to bet all those critics gave capeshit a pass for not explaining who Iron Man was in Edngame?

Everyone already knew what the guy meant, quit being so autistic. You sound like you're the "it's a meme, you dip" kid in real life.

Not fat enough.

Attached: 25Fatpika2.jpg (520x620, 25K)

You are literally fifteen.

Attached: 1403879917748.jpg (960x720, 73K)

>Pokemon
>"nostalgia"

???

Pokemon is still an ongoing franchise

too fluffy

They're focusing pretty hard on elements from RBY and the first season of the anime, though.

Fur isn't ratlike

That's literally the point is detective Pikachu's character

Are these reviewers really old (like 80+) or really young? Even legit boomers should remember living through Pokemania in the late 90s/early 00s. Especially if they had kids. I don't see how it's possible to be so clueless about the biggest media franchise in the world.

Compared to how bad Sonic looks
4000/10
Damn they really knocked it out of the park because it can be so much worse

big sip

Attached: big sip.png (1161x546, 758K)

I think they remember Pokemon being popular during that time period, then they thought it disappeared, then they saw the resurgence with Pokemon Go, now they think the movie is coming hot off the heels of Pokemon Go popularity. Everything else in between is lost on them.

Reminder that everyone giving this movie reviews are 50 year old boomers that don’t know anything about Pokémon beyond what they’ve heard about Go

your so fucking jelly, go back to /ic/

Well, nonetheless, I would still give Pikachu huggles. The other 'mons will probably never win me over but I've seen enough of Pikachu to know I was wrong about him.

It's a little weird seeing Pikachu with fur rather than smooth "skin". It's probably one of the least objectionable movie designs, though.

who the FUCK thought that looked ok?

It's too cute

What games would make good movies?
I've got:
>Nier Automata
>Shadow of the Colossus
>MGS3
>Sands of Time
I know they already tried the last one but if they adapted the story of the game more closely and had better action direction/choreography I'm sure it would have been kino.

JAPAN BAD
PAIL OF WATER GOOD

Nothing. It also makes me extremely horny. Incidentally.

why the fuck did they give him fur? Would have been a million times better and cheaper to just go for a less renderer approach, make him look like in those 3D sonic games but higher graphics.

No way they could do Automata justice in film; even in a more or less ideal form they'd have 50 minutes for each route in a 2.5 hour movie. On top of that the A/B flip would be difficult to translate to the screen.

Because then it would just be a standard 3DCGI movie of Pokemon. And nobody other than the people already watching the Pokemon anime would go and watch it. Instead, we're getting a movie that picked the interests of people, including adults, had its trailer seen by millions, and will likely be a box office success. I swear Yea Forums is filled with 16yo kids not understanding how business works.

Source?

It’s people like this that cause Batman’s parents to be killed in every film

>Nier Automata film
Have it as a duology. First film is Route A/B, second film is the rest of the story (easy since the rest of the endings are just alt. points of view of the same story). I think it could be done, and would be nice. Not sure about what ethnicity to cast for the androids though, Japs with bleached hair vs pale blondes with died hair.

After seeing the Sonic trailer's nightmarish designs this movie is starting to grow on me design-wise.

I was referring to the Sonic movie m8.
Also your reasoning is retarded, even for the pokemon movie. How does making the Pokemon look ugly AF pick the "interests of people, including adults, had its trailer seen by millions, and will likely be a box office success". They could have had all that anyway with better pokemon designs.

I hope you don't play the DP game, you'll fly into such a retard rage from Pikachu's voice in that you'll be featured on FOX News' primetime.

He's had a mouth since Gen 1.

Attached: 66-668521_transparent-sprite-mewtwo-vector-royalty-free-pokemon-red.png (449x449, 5K)

>the Pokemon look just liek they do in the games/anime, with a realism touch
>can instantly identify each and every single one of them with no problem
>they all act just like we've seen them act in the animes and anime films
>they're Pocket MONSTERS, they're supposed to look weird and off-kilter
>"OH MY GOD WH DO THEY LOOK LIKE POKEMON IT MAKES ME SO UPSET CURSE THE JEWS AND THE SJWS AND ALL THOSE WHO ANGER ME!!"