Where were you when Banjo was pretty much confirmed to be in Smash...

Where were you when Banjo was pretty much confirmed to be in Smash? He's literally the most requested character in Smash history

Attached: Hesin.jpg (1004x1024, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=btzB2sSpw2Q
tiermaker.com/create/tagster-s-potential-smash-ultimate-dlc-9652
tiermaker.com/create/my-smash-roster
vocaroo.com/i/s0cSUvyjLW76
youtube.com/watch?v=SzI7DLR0DPU
mobile.twitter.com/ssbunews/status/1037437559343865856?lang=es
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469
gamnesia.com/news/phil-spencer-would-love-to-have-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros.-and-mari
youtube.com/watch?v=M0a2yqYLzCA
strawpoll.me/16742775/r
boards.4channel.org/v/thread/460704241)
google.nl/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2019-04-29-xbox-should-absolutely-team-up-with-nintendo-at-e3-opinion
youtube.com/watch?v=K63TgJVA8OE
kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-get-on-the-1644208199
eventhubs.com/news/2019/feb/24/sakurai-considered-putting-alucard-super-smash-bros-ultimate-didnt-because-one-small-iconic-reason/
nintendosoup.com/sakurai-talks-more-about-super-smash-bros-ultimate-development/
youtu.be/e6-cMzgkjqo
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return506.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Geno #2

Attached: Seriously.jpg (900x900, 55K)

Characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt and even Ice Climbers (the game they are from at least) are more memorable and known than Geno/Isaac.

they intensively seethe over this fact.

That's a lie and you know it

mmm
I want you to kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
mmm
Kill yourself

But the Japanese don't care about him at all

>20000 votes
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

So where's Joker on this graph if it's the be-all and end-all of who's getting in as DLC?

Banjo
>N64 character with less than a handful of games, decently successful for its time, but didn't catch on.
>Didn't reinvent or invent anything new, was simply a good game
>most recent game played nothing like the classics
>has been pretty much killed by Microsoft
>nothing has been heard from Banjo for 10 years
>didn't really have a lasting legacy or anything, just nostalgia
The motherfucking Doomguy
>Started out on DOS and quickly got itself ported to every system imaginable (SNES/32X/Jaguar/N64/Saturn/360/Calculators/Cars/Everything)
>Invented deathmatch and pretty much kickstarted online gaming
>Kickstarted the modding scene
>Kickstarted the FPS genre after refining what its predecessor Wolfenstein tried to accomplish, now with a bit more memory to work with
>Advanced 3D graphics with Carmack's black magic
>Whole host of extremely iconic enemies and weapons
>Lots and lots of great and iconic music
>the community of the original 1993 game is still going strong
>Doom 1 & 2 sold millions even in the early days of PC gaming. The shareware variant of Doom also granted it 15 million+ players, which can be reflected in how it crashed workplaces with network congestion all over the globe
>Every Doom game but 3 is on Nintendo, but N64 got Doom 64, the real Doom 3
>Made the green military space marine a trope in vidya
>Soft reboot is critically and commercially successful, great opinions all around, except on Yea Forums basically
>Got ported to switch
>New game coming this year, day 1 on Switch, too
I wonder what the definitive western rep is.

Attached: cashguy.gif (512x333, 112K)

Literally fake news

Lloyd isn't anywhere to be seen on that list, it's fake.

Waddle Dee is a shit character.

Imagine being this retarded

Also I noticed you didn't mention Banjo, dumb zoomer furfag

We already know the 10+ characters were picked by Nintendo executives. Then Sakurai picked 5 out of that list.

These characters picked by the executives, were picked from their own Japanese gaming experiences or are shill picks for Nintendo's upcoming games.

Expecting any western characters is hilarious. Unless the Nintendo executives have a huge Westaboo on the board, like Kojima.

Yeah sorry, OP showed the wrong one

Attached: 755E7035-D5B7-4B37-9E14-747E3DD161ED.jpg (1456x2048, 607K)

Seething blockhead.

Based Phoenix voters

>50000 voters
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

> Cereal Box Mascot
> G*no
> Isuck
> Hat Goomba
> Disney Twink
> Slut Genie
> Gayman
> OW the Edge
> Badly designed JRPG protagonist
> Gayman
> ANOTHER Mario
> Meme Skeleton
> Tranny Diddy
> Owl who got cucked by Baracat

Why do Smashfags has such shit tastes? Why do they want these bottom of the barrel characters in the game?

>banjo cheated to win
pathetic

Characters are being picked by nintendo for purely marketing reasons, there's 0 chance of Banjo/Geno unless Rare Replay comes to Switch which is never happening.

>doesn't say what he wants
I can only imagine yours is worse

>32nd place

What even is the point of going that far?

>Reddit poll
>ITS OFFICIAL GUAYS!!!!!1!

Attached: 1555026180022.jpg (250x250, 12K)

I already got Ridley

dead bear doesn't even compare to pic related

Attached: 1553197215135.jpg (422x429, 27K)

> Sony shit
Fuck off back to your 30FPS game

as a banjo and geno fan
you are fucking delusional

>didn't have Steve as an option
They only suppress it because they know it's ture

Steve is already deconfirmed

Back in the can, faggot.

Attached: rosterfags are gay.jpg (680x477, 96K)

Attached: 1556894005910.jpg (2192x4000, 2.3M)

> No Sukapon and Starfy
Based

Attached: mr nice guy.jpg (2192x2844, 2.97M)

>being so asshurt that you had to make an edit
Seethe harder.

Attached: *sip*.png (500x762, 486K)

based doomchad

Attached: DIhBp4yXkAA2iMf.jpg (1121x1200, 105K)

I'm literally stating facts here and your only response is "hurr durr ur the retard". Just go ask the general public.

except the other post's point was so fucking shitty. "IF YOU WANT A CHARACTER THEN YOU ACTUALLY DON'T LIKE SMASH HURR " like what kind of retarded logic is that?

Attached: 1489204690689.jpg (479x350, 21K)

Cope Banjofag, you didn't mention him because you want him

Fucking swine you are, talking shit about Geno and Isaac, but not your precious dead bear

Shitting on someone because opinions sure makes you an interesting and sophisticated person. I wish I was as intelligent as you. Dumbass.

>"Hahaha! I'm gonna piss another thread because it's so funny and I can pretend to hate Smash as well!"
WE GET IT YOU FUCKING DISCORD FAGS! HAHAHA HA HA! IT'S SO FUCKING FUNNY! OH WAIT YOU'RE GONNA SPAM YET ANOTHER FUCKING STEVE THREAD NEXT TO DO MORE AUTISTIC SCREECHING TOO HUH?! MUH BLOCKS! MUH POPULARITY! MUH EDRICK! MUH FUCKING STEVEBONER!

WOOOOOOOAAAAAH BROOOO IMAGINE IF A HILL BILLY RED NECK PEDO STEVE AND HIS NIGGER DISCORD SLAVE OR SOME FUCKING BLOCK HEADED LOOKING NIGGER WAS IN SMASH HAHAHAHAHA!

WOW GOLLY GEE FUCKING WILLIKERS MICROSOFT AND NINTENDO ARE BUDDIES NOW! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW HOW 1ST PARTY CHARACTERS BEING ON OTHER CONSOLES ACTUALLY WORKS YOU DUMB FUCK.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THESE STEVE DISCORD TRANNY SMASHFAGS SHITTING UP THIS GOD DAMN BOARD. I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I HOPE THE NEXT DIRECT HAPPENS AND IT'S A HARD FUCK YOU TO THESE FUCKING FAGGOT CHOICES AND THEY GET BLOWN THE FUCK OUT. YOU DISCORDFAGS HAVE MADE SMASH A FUCKING NIGHTMARE TO EVEN TALK ABOUT SMASH NOR ANY GAMES WITHOUT SOME STEVECORD COMING IN SHITTING UP THE THREADS.

YOUR FAGGOT BEAR WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH HAHAHAHAHA

Here's your other four. Go fuck yourselves.

Attached: cool dudes.jpg (600x500, 103K)

they do

yet joker, belmonts, ken, pirana plant and incineroar made it over him. How can you still think he's gong to be in when nintendo said dlc would be characters like joker

Yeah but those guys are in and at least Banjo/Geno would not be more anime D tier swordsmen

This is DLC and Nintendo wants it to sell, nobody will pay 6 $ plus tip plus tax so they can play as a cartoon ceral mascot looking shitty bear

Attached: Segata_Sanshiro_PXZ2.png (572x1041, 457K)

So we're not going to hear anything about the next character until E3, right?

Look behind Sakurai

HE'S IN!

Attached: washi.jpg (320x240, 21K)

>Minecraft Steve not on the list
Stevefag(s) on suicide watch

Attached: laughing mexican.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

It's Erdrick who is going to be the next DLC, followed by Steve according to the insiders.

There's always next time.

Because of that reason you idiot, they’re 3rd party now remember?

>Waddle Dee
Fucking why?

yes, both the second and third have been worked on at the same time and will probably both be revealed around the same time as a result

>We will never get Jak 4

Enjoy Erdrick.

Same as K.Rool: redditors begging random characters into the game because they heard people on reddit talk about them

Jesus Christ smash fags have terrible taste

That’s because even literally who games already have representation in smash

>Joker is a literally who from a 20year old game
please tell me you're baiting

Nigga people wanted K.Rool for over a decade now

youtube.com/watch?v=btzB2sSpw2Q

If that's true, they could maybe reveal one character in a May direct, release him during E3, and reveal the third character at E3 for a later release. They're currently very behind schedule on releasing characters if they want them all out by Feb.

>fighters than I don't want have been excluded
kys

Both of these are shitty edits of an original. Except
Whoever made this one is extra asshurt

this is the objectively correct DLC tier list.

Attached: my-image(4).png (1020x688, 684K)

>tfw my most wanted isn't on here
Get fucked, Albertards

Attached: 1529597705223.jpg (1024x1450, 248K)

>Rhythm Faggots in AT tier
Only thing accurate in this image.

Shantae's gettin in.

Stop spamming your trash list in every thread

Fuck off, it deserved a rep and you know it

literally the first time i've posted it. I guess someone else has great taste.

man if i could pick which RH gimmick to put in as an AT See Saw

What's going on here, guys?

Attached: 1542621793342.png (439x210, 48K)

>someone took this much time to show people his awful taste

Not doom that's for sure which is literally only relevant through it's mod scene full of boomers

Attached: 1556337925926.png (1024x676, 376K)

would rather tekken or katamari before we increase the fur count.

People wishing for shit characters as usual.

Attached: everysmashrosterthread.png (160x290, 104K)

>this much time
five minutes? How long does it take you to put circles on a background?

>new game of completely successful reboot with a giant following, with the soundtrack being especially popular, coming day 1 to switch
>only relevant through its mod scene
???

there's no slim kemoshota's yet, user
Sakurai wants all kinds of audiences. It's either Klonoa or Tails. hopefully both

>completely successful reboot
Ehh debatable

Garbage, utter rubbish

>Has an official game coming to Switch
>from the most prolific, longest running an successful indie franchise of all time
>Negotiations would be relatively easy and cheap since all the rights belong to a single person
>Japan would go bananas for her and buy Switches and her DLC in droves
>Appeals to the growing trend of waifufags in the west
>Has the best potential to bring tons of amazing music
>Sakurai loves shmups, and likely loves 2hu, being the biggest and most popular shmup franchise out there
Uhhhhhh I'm thinking she's in, bros

Attached: 1550454714108.jpg (1300x1500, 178K)

fucking based

In the trash that is

Attached: 1533912918736.jpg (1024x961, 207K)

you have to download all images and upload them to tierlistmaker, then order them and download it to post it here

sorry your favourite loli/furry shota didn't make it, user
>you used this tierlist
>therefore you must have made this tierlist
?

post tier list template so I make a better one

He's more likely than you think.

Attached: Abe.png (159x279, 50K)

I wouldn't even know Wii Fit Trainer being a thing unless they put them as a fighter in smash bros. Duck Hunt, sure because if you're in your mid to late 20s, it's a game that was commonly played in your childhood.

Ice Climbers is really reaching though. You have to be somewhat of a gaming historian to actually care to know about them or be a really old fag to have played their game. Again, Smash keeps their notoriety alive.

I don't know what the big issue with adding more characters that would effectively have the same thing going. Sometimes people are really unreasonable with their opinions on this.

I want Isaac, but I'm really over it by now. If it happens one day, great. If it doesn't, oh well.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I'VE HAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING DISCORD NIGGERS RUINING MY MOTHERFUCKING BOARD, I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE FUCKING GAME, NOT SHITPOST AND FALSEFLAG ABOUT FUCKING CHARACTERS THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN, FOR GOD FUCKING SAKES, JOKER HAS BEEN RELEASED IN A HUGE UPDATE THAT ADDS A SHIT TON OF MODES THAT ADD REPLAY VALUE BUT YOU NIGGERS ARE NOT PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME, IF YOU REEAAAALLLLYYYYYY WANT YOUR SHITTY CHARACTER IN JUST USE THE MII OUTFITS

JUST
USE
YOUR
MII
OUTFITS

I DON'T CARE IF YOU CALL ME BANJOFAGS, STEVEFAGS, DOOMFAG OR WHATEVER THE FUCK, I DON'T CARE IF YOU TELL ME HAVE SEX COPE T.NIGGER /THREAD, I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF YOU REPLY TO MY POST. JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME AND WAIT FOR E3 FOR ACTUAL NEWS

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH

Attached: 1555549857739.jpg (936x853, 150K)

This one is fake

tiermaker.com/create/tagster-s-potential-smash-ultimate-dlc-9652

Based and redpilled
>Banjo
>Doomguy
>Travis Touchdown
>Phoenix Wright
>Reimu
>Neku
>Arle
>Dante
>Solaire
>Seibah
Cringe and bluepilled
>Steve
>Hat Goomba
>Shadow
>Erdrick
>Waluigi
>Master Chief
>Sans
>Albert
>Any other character that's already a spirit/AT

Attached: 1543105446210.jpg (800x545, 161K)

here's a better one
tiermaker.com/create/my-smash-roster

who do you main?

Neck yourself waifufag

phoenix wright should definitely be in, he got a bad hand and was literally the worst character in the only fighting gmae he managed to get in.

Fuck off, Capcom already has too much content in game, give Bandai Namco some love

How fucking long is it going to be before they annouce which dumb retard anime characters you fucking smelly losers are getting?
Holy fucking Christ it has been a fucking full year of you retards going on about these fucking DLC characters and they never fucking come out, are you going to keep speculating for ten more fucking goddamned years untile they just announce the next fucking rehash of this shitty party game? How many more months do we have to endure of this fucking retarded faggotry? Please, i beg you, tell me, i can't stand you retards anymore.

Attached: 1410485058331.jpg (421x497, 35K)

>I wouldn't even know Wii Fit Trainer being a thing unless they put them as a fighter in smash bros.

Wii Fit was quite big back in the Wii era, with Wii being the big normie console and shit it's a no brainer that the general public know/remember Wii Fit Trainer.

>Ice Climbers is really reaching though.

The character themselves yeah, but the Ice Climbers NES game by itself is decently known, at least back when Melee was in development.

>I don't know what the big issue with adding more characters that would effectively have the same thing going.

There are so many characters that are more known and would make better additions than Geno and Isaac. Now that practically any relevant video game characters can get in, Geno and Isaac are NEVER EVER happening.

Attached: Smash burger king.jpg (1024x676, 101K)

You're right, instead of actual vidya discussion we should just have twitter screencap and console war threads!

They all have a reasonable chance except for Wonder Red but his moveset would be glorious.

Attached: My Smash Fighter Pass.png (1822x706, 1.52M)

This is honestly pathetic. There's more to life than browsing rosterfag threads and spamming the same image.

Attached: obession.png (2344x4232, 3.53M)

>dumb retard anime characters
vocaroo.com/i/s0cSUvyjLW76

eat shit and die, waifufag

Attached: 1477058591015.jpg (1086x821, 80K)

>unofficial english only twitter
>barely 2k votes

Haha I bet Sakurai is rushing to put Banjo in as we speak! Fucking lmao

Attached: 1529025950382.gif (246x208, 747K)

Neither is Banjo

Seething Erdricucks
Saber is more well known than your shitty sword gohan, and Fate is one of the highest grossing vidya franchises

Guys....

Attached: mario's a nigger.png (524x918, 293K)

>OH NONONO
>___FAGS BTFO
>TICK TOK, ___FAGS
>_____BROS BASED
>_____FAGS CRINGE
These threads are no different than consolewars threads you fucking idiot. And OP's image literally came from twitter.

Attached: 1527893855652.jpg (219x230, 10K)

go back to Discord, ya little shits.

Attached: Assblasted.png (251x238, 139K)

Have sex

I'm still hoping for Wonder-Red.

Attached: wonder-red.png (507x651, 270K)

Stop posting this. It's not our fault Sakurai has shit taste in features let alone characters.

Nice flop

Was this a reference to Kramer's meltdown?

She's in.

Attached: 1327569315291.png (1000x1000, 515K)

It really was, man. It really, really was.

Attached: Lady Bouvier's Lover.png (650x600, 538K)

Based.

Attached: 1544201052056.jpg (1037x1450, 439K)

>Geno STILL in top 3 in multiple polls after all these years

I know we probably won't ever have him get in, but still gotta thank the based genobros for keeping the dream alive.

Attached: 1552972341122.png (820x542, 278K)

Based Reimubros

Attached: 1526991409635.jpg (1200x830, 281K)

>thinks that i'm an erdricuck
besides, i'm a saki and syrupfag

Attached: 1554329084257.png (500x500, 111K)

there you go

Attached: fixed.jpg (1148x650, 200K)

Discord fag is sweating.

>fighters that cannot be realized have been excluded
translation:
>fighters that aren't part of our smash rosterfag circlejerk have been excluded
why do banjofags keep posting this rigged poll like it matters?

SEENEVER EVER REIMOOOO

Banjofags always bring up Steve? I wonder why..

>People excepting Geno and Banjo and not Erdrick and Steve

shit bait

>unofficial
ayylmao

if sora gets in im fucking kill myself. im not joking. i have nothing left to lose.

Can someone explain who banjo even is? I have never heard of this character before DLC roster autism

See It's time for you to stop.

Don’t worry we’re getting Erdrick, Sora can fuck off back to his Disney overlords

This came from reddit, didn't it?

don't worry, most banjofags had never heard of him before jontron

>Banjofags still being embarrassment's

Banjo is some shit character who had one good game twenty years ago on the N64 and rosterfags except him to be the Microsoft rep over Chief or Steve for some reason

Why the fuck is Geno so popular? He's a one-off nothing character

If FE is so popular how come none of their 500 characters ever get on these polls?

Oh so just another "I want an old obscure character cause I'm sewwww different" like Geno.

Banjo is the new fad of the Smashfags. Before, it was Steve, then Geno + Skull Kid, then Isaac. Granted, Banjo fans exist, but a good part of them is falseflagging and simply changed team when Geno and Isaavy were "disconfirmed".

His fanbase is full of underages wanting to be liked and the most mentally deranged people I’ve seen

Soon

Attached: doombros.png (1920x1080, 3.19M)

Back to Discord blockheads, Steve is never getting in

Japanese Sans

Attached: dlcpicks.jpg (1920x1079, 1.22M)

the cool/not cool is subjective but the chance are facts

I don't even care about Minecraft, it's simply the truth. The support for Banjo is far from being 100% genuine. It's literally ex Geno, Bandana Dee and Isaac fans moving on to another character. It's obvious on Smashboardd and Gamefaqs.

Exactly why do people get so ass blasted over wanting a specific character in Smash bros?

Return to Dreamland babies are adults now

>Implying Nintendo cares about Banjo

based doomchad
youtube.com/watch?v=SzI7DLR0DPU

Attached: Smash newcomers tier.png (1020x852, 1.01M)

Fans have wanted Banjo in Smash in 2 decades now you retarded zoomer

>sans
>good chance

Autism generally. In Shadowfag's case, it's likely due to severe insecurity over his masculinity that he feels the need to shit on "anime girls" for being cute and female.

Attached: 1549727766405.jpg (998x999, 186K)

Banjofags think anyone who says the truth about banjo being shit is a Steve supporter

Genofags said the exact samething

>Pollfags
Sakurai doesn't care about you're shitty fanpolls. Incineroar, Isabelle, plant, joker, and the eventual erdrick continues to prove it.

Both were dumbfuck, do some research next time Steve zoomer

Attached: Smash2results.png (1033x2323, 386K)

Because statistically it is true 95% of the same save for some other incel zoomers

This is the source apparently
mobile.twitter.com/ssbunews/status/1037437559343865856?lang=es

>Banjo has 18 votes

Ridley and krool though, nitpicking faggot. Of course not ALL of them

Which is alot for that time, conpare them to the other choices

No they havent

Ridley was out of pity and K Rool won the OFFICIAL ballot

Keep moving the goalposts faggot

>FUCKING JAMES BOND GOT TWICE AS MANY VOTES

See

>b-but Joker, Isabelle, Incineroar and Piranha Plant
I see you ignored Simon, K. Rool, Ridley and "Everyone Is Here".

Eh, yes they do? You wouldnt even know as you werent even born yet

Not everything has to be a goddamn reference to something you reddit fuck. Have an original fucking thought in your head, one time, just once.

Fucking shitaac got more votes

Attached: BC66954D-8795-4DC2-8142-352B13F13679.png (1300x1150, 1021K)

>Waddle Dee had votes before Bandana Dee was a thing
Based Waddlechads

That poll is sm4sh era. Before SmUsh was a thing.

Yeah but hes an assist trophy and Banjo isnt anything yet

Not even Rare cares about Banjo anymore. When they were asked about a sequel, they said that "A Hat In Time" was the spiritual successor.
Let's be honest, this is a situation almost as terrible as Banjo, last good game 18 years ago, and last gast ten years ago. We already got our Rare rep with K. Rool, move on.

You’re right that Rare doesnt care but they NEVER EVER said that hat is a spiritual sequel, you’re twisting words

Banjo isn’t going to be in the game at all, not as a spirit, not as a Mii Costume

also he has the most even split between western and eastern wants

Why do they keep giving us the “Bear” mii suit though? Its almost as if they could now do what they could not all those other years

What happened to Geno, Isaac, Bandana Dee, shantae, Skull kid, Shadow, Rex, Rayman, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, and decidueye? He threw you fags a bone with Ridley because he showed constantly how much he didn't want to include him in the past. And k rool probably did win the ballot, who the fuck knows why they even did that shitty ballot cause it seems like none of the characters that were put in after it closed came from it besides him.

They said if you want a new banjo just play a hat in time

>Banjo
>obscure
You can say that about Geno, but not Banjo.

Attached: steveposter is a reddittard.jpg (592x422, 23K)

I think he will though, I don’t see why not, they’re a popular choice and it would make people happy. You can’t deny they have a good chance especially as Microsoft rep

They all got SOMETHING, Banjo and Kazooie still hasnt got shit. He’s in I tell you, they wont turn him in an assist trophy now

>The motherfucking Doomguy
>got ported to switch
Retard logic

>Banjo wouldn’t sell smash to new people, his franchise is dead as fuck, Microsoft killed him Steve is leaked more
LET IT GO

Hey are you guys talking about Smash in here?

Attached: 47de29554753fc77a8e7418864259653.jpg (987x1917, 159K)

> his franchise is dead
Legacy matters retard, and Banjo has that, BK kickstarted the collectathon genre and made it more popular.

There’s the relevancy argument again, because they will include 4 relevant DC characters 100% right? Like Wii U DLC you mean? Ha!

At least show the source faggot (the characters that have been confirmed have been excluded)
>K Rool
>Isaac
>Banjo
>Snake
>Wolf
>Inkling
>Bandana Dee
>Shovel Knight
>Paper Mario
>Bayonetta
>Shantae
>Ice Climbers
>Geno
>Krystal
>Ridley
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#gid=729442469

You can shill Elsa all you want but Boomer bear is in faggot, you can’t stop it by falseflagging.

Banjo kickstarted a dead genre and fuck legacy he’s not going to be picked off of “he had a good game on the n64”

>B-B-B-B-B-BUT K ROOL, RIDLEY, AND VETERAN CHARACTERS
You'd have to be retarded to think characters like Pichu, young link, Squirtle, and ivysaur we're ballot characters. All the characters on your polls yet only k rool and Ridley made it in the rest either spirited, trophied, or just flat out not in the game.

>Steve is leaked more
Yikes.
I can't wait for the Sora and Banjo power duo to fucking btfo every single "leaker" and "insider" that people are still clinging to.

Attached: Sora_03_KHIII.png (740x1400, 892K)

I fucking wish it got an assist trophy

Attached: 1546535777300.jpg (1280x842, 108K)

This’ll age badly

Pichu, Young Link, Squirtle, and Ivysaur weren't newcomers dumbass.
Also, I'm sure Pokemon Trainer scored high on the ballot just like Wolf.

Disney boy isn’t in and neither is autism bear

Sora and Banjo eternally BTFO’ing Stinky Steve? Why not!

banjo has no legacy. it hasn't had a new game in a decade. yooka-laylee and super lucky's tale flopped. the collectathon genre became the ubishit formula and people are getting sick of it.

>This single post will age badly
Oh no, whatever will he do on this anonymous image board user?

Attached: 9F4FB74E-6C92-4BEA-BCD3-0370148D69D9.png (2076x1124, 447K)

You mean like with all those posts back then about King K. Rool? Oh yeah, something will smell alright

That's right, Master Chief is in

Actually, they're both in. Continue to deny it all you want.

Attached: c2i75ovy3dj21.png (500x443, 195K)

King K Rool was a base roster pick and Donkey Kong is alive

No legacy to a zoomer, but for all these people who still play Smash since 64? -the core audience- hell yeah they have legacy

t. zoomers
He's bigger than shit like Bayonetta, but you wouldn't understand seeing you weren't born when the first game came out

>posted while I play as duck hunt dog
>posted while I play as ice climbers
>posted while I play as mr game and watch

Sorafags need to be lined up and shot dead

I have no fucking idea what happened to Yea Forums. People used to love Banjo but now we've become overrun by zoomers and shit who probably have never played an N64 game.

>What is Simon
>What is Snake
>What is Wolf
>What is Ice Climbers
Also see

Simon, Ritcher and Cloud weren't even in those games retard, keep reaching.

Yeah, just stop taking EVERYTHING so literal ok? Besides that, what if Banjo IS in fact about to have a new game? Pirate game is finished, or what about a port of Rare replay? Does that count? Because that will need to sell as well.

>Actually important character, retro rep
>Retro rep
>Extremely important character

I wish people would stop using that ugly, shitty isaac render when talking about him and use the good one at least.

Attached: isaac_ultimate_render_by_nibroc_rock_dcwbice-pre.png (894x894, 483K)

You're really overestimating BK's importance over the decades. During the N64-PS1 era? Sure, the first game sold well, and the second made decent scores. But since then? Nothing new. Many platformers came and went since 2000. The importance given to Banjo was blown out of proportions in Smash dicussion.

It also doesn't help that, when Rare tries to revive one of its franchises (Conker in 2016), the fans stand up against the release of the game, effectively killing it. We already got K. Rool to represent Rare, I honestly believe that people 100% expecting Banjo are simply deluding themselves. If Rare was to really get a representative, they would go with Battletoads' Rash.

>Doomguy
>definitive western rep
I don't dislike him, but that's an overstatement. Crash would make more sense.
>GamingIcon/Legacy Character rival to Mario
>loved by the east and west
>has great move set potential and music potential
>CTRNF is near E3 and would make sense to reveal him there.
he's a lock.

Attached: 1556514479775.png (908x1599, 1.35M)

Why? For wanting a character? I'm not even shitposting unlike the people who keep screeching AUTISM BEAR over and over again.

Attached: 1530100225812.jpg (493x750, 46K)

I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for massive dissapointment sorafag. Insiders have never been BTFO the only people that did were the faggots going against them in november. Everyone loves to forgot the Grinch don't they.

Attached: 1546824922063.png (1280x720, 749K)

Rare is never making a new banjo

Banjo is older at this point than Ice Climbers were in Melee. N64 IS Retro, and that's obvious considering how many fucking people in this thread have obviously never picked up an N64 controller.

You will keep on moving the goalposts and we can keep going on, but ultimately Nintendo and Sakurai gets to decide anyway, and all these “rules” are nowhere to be found. Sure, they said “mostly” a fee times but that doesnt mean they wont consider anything else at all.

BIGGEDY BIGGEDY BASED

Attached: 213048336d750badf797aba1aae5d459.jpg (564x782, 69K)

>retro rep
Oh, something an N64 character can fill

Stinky Steve gang is joining up with people tired of the current most popular pick

>Insiders have never been BTFO
I love the new 2D Zelda game we got that is NOT Link's Awakening, and I loved the Square Enix character Trailer we got at the game awards. How about Star Fox Grand Prix?

>shit characters like waddle dee and sans ranked higher than fucking phoenix wright and elma
Nintenkiddies need to be gassed.

Nintendo couldn’t give less of a shit about banjo, hell even Microsoft and Rare fucking hates him and you expect Nintendo to want to pick the least popular character Microsoft owns when they have bigger icons

So what you're trying to say is that Travis is in.

Alright where's magalor, jibanyan, arle, and captain toad then? Also
>Magnemite that high
Lmaoing @ your delusion.

> Dog who laughs
> Important character

You can’t say that based on a few tweets from months back, things could already have changed, Phil Spencer could have interfered for example, and he talked about Banjo multiple times already

Some people just take this roster shit way too seriously

Attached: 1552769543544.png (259x219, 101K)

I'm sorry who are you? Shadow the Trophyhog was it?

lol all those picks are awful

Who exactly are all these bigger icons? New fire emblem reps and more swordmen?

>people who voted for characters they're aware about should be gassed

Post your four most wanted characters.

uh oh user you're going to anger vergeben
it won't be long before he starts shitting up the thread with smug incineroar pictures and complaining about the grinch

why do zoomers think that they're "boomers" for wanting a character that jontron introduced them to?
i'm an actual boomer, so i'm old enough to know that banjo wasn't even the most important rareware game on the n64. that was goldeneye, and it wasn't even close.
banjo also didn't create the collectathon genre like you zoomers pretend it did. yoshi's island invented the collectathon, and mario 64 was the first to translate it to 3d. banjo did nothing new or original. it just didn't have much competition because the n64's library was such shit, so people bought it out of desperation.
time to face facts, zoomers: if banjo had a legacy outside of youtube e-celebs' videos, microsoft would be milking it with new games.

Smashfags are absolutely autistic they want shitpicks like Isaac banjo and Geno

Steve isn't an icon. He's being phased out of Minecraft anyway.
Master Chief was legitimately deconfirmed.
Who are these icons?

For a zoomer, yes.

Not him but it's clearly only talking about franchises, not the character's appearances. If the character appeared once in the whole series but it is still going nowadays, he has a chance of getting in.
In the case of retro characters, they are chosen for the surprise value, and not for being "old". Which is why we got Piranha Plant: everyone was expecting a "retro surprising" character, and instead we got a mob.
Banjo could be the DLC surprise, but, as I said here , it would imply Nintendo discussing with Microsoft and Rare, a Western third-party company, who don't plan nor care about Banjo anymore, to appear in Smash. It's clear with Joker (and Erdrick if those guys are correct) that we are getting fresh blood from popular and cared about games.

Fuck Banjo, Steve, and Master Chief.
Where is Leafos for the MS Rep?

Attached: art-viva-pinata-trouble-in-paradise-002-leafos.jpg (1896x3096, 653K)

Imagine STILL thinking that literally anything can hold a character back
Sakurai gets whoever the fuck he wants

Attached: 1545713615587.png (1664x542, 134K)

I stopped reading after having mega cringe twice in the first 2 sentences

Crash has basically nothing on Doomguy as far as legacy goes.

I'm glad Phoenix always turns up reasonably high on these things. Maybe he'll get in for real some day.

Attached: 1556449880779.gif (220x274, 302K)

Banjo-merch, Phil Spencer tweets, Rare Replay, Microsoft and Nintendo sharing games.

Steve is an icon and they’re not phasing him out? What

My ideal lineup would be Sora, Banjo, and Phoenix. After that, I really don't think I'd care about who the last character was.

He’s a nazi symphatiser

Not in the movie
Not in Minecraft dungeons
Not in Game Pass advertisements (it's Alex instead)
Plus people at Mojang actually don't like Steve.

MO-MO-MO-MONSTERKILL

>anything popular is bad
wow you must be so fun to hang out with user!

Doesn't have to do with smash so it's meaningless to bring this up. So far the only thing that vergeben has been wrong about in smash is Minecraft content being in base game, but that content might still happen.

>"Ha, my confirmation bias says polls are bullshit."
Why are you looking at characters who have gotten less votes Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling, and Bayonetta?
>"Pfff people voted for a character that I wouldn't expect like Magnemite? FAKE"
This poll has 45K votes from 5 exit polls.

If I got my man Phoenix, I couldn't care whoever else was in. He's the only character left that I absolutely want. I could go for Layton or Sora, but I'd be absolutely set with Phoenix.

Attached: IMG_20190504_193923.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Steve could be in the movie and Mojang doesn’t hate Steve, where is all this shit coming from

Oh fuck you.

were on our way bros

Attached: 1550011864724.png (512x512, 318K)

>Minecraft content being in base game, but that content might still happen.
The game has been out for 6 months, user.
Also, he was wrong about the Game Awards reveal trailer.

>Magalor is number 8
You pollfags are hilariously stupid

please explain how goldeneye was less important than banjo when it sold more than banjo-kazooie and banjo-tooie combined. this should be good.

Talking about a character that is not owned by Nintendo is pointless.

Attached: 41LcMJWHeKL.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Cubivore you mean?

I guess Ice Climbers shouldn't have gotten in over Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because that game sold more on the NES.

It’s important to note that a lot of fan polls like this were considered bullshit until K Rool got in proving they have merit

>We don’t know shit about the movie
>What the fuck is Minecraft Dungeons
>So
>One jerk off Mojang employee saying Steve is an avatar doesn’t mean the entirety of Mojang hates him

I sure hope they make merchs of their characters, else Rare would really have nothing to do all year long.
Phil Spencer tweets didn't seem to help, since Banjo is still in hiatus hell, he still wasn't chosen for Ultimate's base roster and Rare has no intention on doing something VIDEOGAME related with Banjo since 2010.
Rare replay is literally an emulator, they didn't even fix known bugs in Viva Pinata and fucking Blast Corps.
Microsoft and Nintendo share Minecraft and Cuphead, that's it. That's far from being the best cooperation.

It's cool that the fans care more about Banjo than Rare.
I find it unlikely that we are getting him though

Erdrick is far from being fresh blood, user.

based

obsessed

Attached: 1538887032695.jpg (800x1066, 369K)

He said a square character would be first but that doesn't mean there is no square character. Givin how joker wasn't even in development yet the order in which they release does not matter.

Try again retard:

Steve was pushed to DLC, it makes a lot of sense when you think about it

Attached: D5u5TB7XoAAJDbv.jpg (640x107, 19K)

ice climbers is first party, was popular in europe because it was bundled with the nes there, and is grandfathered in from smash's early experimental phase before it became as big as it is today.

I can’t, that was the one thing you were correct about. But James Bond won’t be in, it’s just that... I smell you from here user, take a bath because if you’re a real boomer you should take better care of yourself.

>Rare hates Banjo
>Mojang hates Steve
What is it with Microsoft's acquired companies hating their own mascots?

He said Joker was "rushed out" for the Game Awards and that plans changed.
You don't just "rush out" a fully animated trailer.

This might be a good spot to find some fighters pass characters!

? The last 2 FE games flopped

Mojang doesn’t hate Steve at all

Then where is the leftover datamine shit?
Sakurai is terrible at preventing that stuff from getting known

Steve isn't a mascot.
The Creeper is.

All because of timing, take it easy. If this E3 doesn’t show us anything from Microsoft and Nintendo’s effort from the last few months I’ll admit I’m wrong

Reimu has died! Fortunately, there was a replacement available right next to her! Say hello to Kasen!

Attached: oni kasen.jpg (934x1200, 584K)

Removed

We have data for DLC characters that aren't even added, but you're telling me we don't have any data for Steve at all, and that they decided to work on a different DLC character from scratch instead of Steve?

He is in.

Attached: 1556441140021.jpg (242x242, 18K)

No I mean that the confusion started with Cubivore, that IS the socalled minecraft content.

Oh wait... there was leftover Rareware data though, spirits. One was Jet Force Gemini

Steve is the main character, creepers are like the slimes of Minecraft

Attached: DB99F23A-C8DE-494A-BA6F-6ECE3199A1AF.jpg (820x800, 49K)

I only hope Banjo doesn't get in just because compared to most characterfags, Banjofags just seem that much more desperate. It's like getting him in smash is a legitimately important life event for them, and if it doesn't happen their entire worldview will be shattered and they will be left broken and disillusioned. I want that to happen so they can finally move on with their life after 20 years of being obsessed with a cartoon bear. It's for your own good.

Attached: D5lSGbpWwAA7b8n.jpg (1000x741, 137K)

The 2nd and 3rd DLC fighters are already completed

Url to source? This is even new to me!

What a coincidence. Slimes are the most iconic part of Dragon Quest and what's used for crossovers over the main characters.

If banjo was DLC he wouldn’t get Jet Force Gemini spirits the spirits were scrapped content that will never be utilized

If Steve was planned for the base roster, they would have finished him first before even Piranha Plant.

It is known that Brave and Jack's files were removed during the 2.0.0 update, and it's also a fact that those characters had files worked on them as far as September 2018 (yes, even Brave had leftover files despite the main one only reappearing in December).
The mysteriously absent 92nd victory theme is also a clue that a character might have been worked on/considered. It's also impressive how bad they are to sort their files, and removed the superficial ones (Charizard still has his own theme despite it being useless, for example).

effort? what effort? all microsoft's done is given nintendo a couple games that are also on other non-microsoft platforms. and i haven't seen nintendo giving microsoft any games in return. smashfags have completely hallucinated this "nintendo-microsoft alliance" based on nothing.

Devils Third had cut spirits, your point being

>Rareware spirits
THEY WEREN'T FUCKING SPIRITS
And that same logic applies to Devil's Third

Next stop/ Animal Crossing, it BETTER not dissapoint if the bear isnt in or I’ll consider signing myself up for that club in Jeruzalem

gamnesia.com/news/phil-spencer-would-love-to-have-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros.-and-mari

Steve is in Super Meat Boy and Borderlands 2

Cool, an insider! Tell me who the DLC will be user, you seem to know stuff

Okay. I didn't ask.

What you want me to look at the other results and not just Japan? Lmao Nintendo only cares about Japan you faggot. But just to humor you.
>Shantae in the top 20
PFFFFFFFT AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>Magalor, wonder red, Dixie Kong, and captain toad above Simon, cloud, Pichu and Daisy
So you are retarded.

Steve being that character makes a lot of since, he was moved to DLC

Yeah, Cadence of Hyrule looks pretty neat and so does the new content for Starlink..

> all microsoft's done is given nintendo a couple games

You shouldn’t downplay these kind of things, this is kinda big. Also Xbox Live working on Switch? By no means a small thing.

Magolor is only popular in Japan, user.

Replace the word "Banjo" with "Steve" and tweak a few sentences and I would agree.

Arigato

No, I didn't make that post to say it was Steve or not. It was to point out that that files can and are removed from time to time to hide stuff, especially when everyone keep tweeting about those files.
If no one spread the word about it, I bet you a million dollars the Brave's main file would still be in the game's code.

>Erdrick
>Steve
>Doomguy
>Ezio

>King of all Cubivores not in the top panel
Looks like another win for gamers. Cheers.

With Battletoads being a classic NES game, and having an upcoming game, he's honestly more likely.

>unofficial
All of those top options are complete garbage. In fact I don't think there's a single good option on that whole fucking list except Phoenix Wright. Rosterfags are a joke

Opinions on Maxwell in Smash

Attached: 59768B45-13BB-473C-A327-2171467C9424.png (180x310, 42K)

I would be ecstatic

Literal whos have no place in Smash

>Banjo isn't likely
>Battletoads, though? That's super fucking likely.
Yea Forums has gone full contrarian and is never looking back.

Sora hype

Attached: 544B8AEA-E8C4-4C80-AA91-23327B8CECB2.jpg (800x480, 97K)

Please no, overrated junk game that is already abandonware

Criminally based

This thread needs more Bearpics

Attached: 41474185-999E-4C04-A9F6-72BC719D0F71.jpg (850x510, 215K)

Scribblenauts is pretty popular

These Steve animations are great
youtube.com/watch?v=M0a2yqYLzCA

But people want banjo in the game

No, it fell flat on it’s teeth the last few games. Company sold their soul to the devil.

Being against the Grinch leak was also being contrarian, and the results didn't end up well for the believers.
strawpoll.me/16742775/r

Also, no, being talked a lot doesn't make you more or less likely. If that was the case, we would have gotten Geno and Isaac already.

Why do people continue to use those shitty Smashified Renders? They’re awful!

According to ANY poll, he’s anything BUT a literal who.

>These Steve animations are great
Are you fucking blind, or just retarded?

Attached: uhhhh stevefags.png (407x537, 113K)

I'm just looking at this from a logical point of view. Battletoads goes as far back as the NES days and is one of the most memorable games at that time during the late 80's. And it's getting a new title soon. Banjo is not.
If you ask me Rash has more priority than Banjo, Chief, or Steve.

Attached: 1473217749773.png (538x420, 436K)

Pretty good except for the face

Isaac and Geno are both represented though, but not with a character. Banjo still didn’t even get acknowledgement

So... where's Piranha Plant and Joker?

Attached: wheresthecube.png (333x260, 43K)

Attached: tirsome.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

That’s how he moves in Minecraft, I see nothing wrong

Like, Banjo has actually GOOD renders by Rareware, and much better fanart. Stop using that slop by Smashified that doesn’t even resemble the characters.

Attached: CBE85C57-6DC7-422E-869E-9B56977B9623.jpg (376x504, 51K)

Yup, I'm thinking he's in.

Attached: Square rep.jpg (1135x568, 134K)

Yeah, let's ignore the soulless robotic movements and horrible aesthetic. Stevefags are retarded after all.

I like Waddle dee

Attached: 333E79DE-ED93-4B19-9F5E-B4732E385FEB.jpg (2048x2048, 210K)

>muh Grinch
Nope, thinking Rash is more likely than Banjo, Steve, and Master Chief is contrarian to the highest degree. Don't deflect.

Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, and Pit were literal whos before Smash

Fucking imagine if in the next reveal trailer Mario and Banjo would meet face to face

>" I don't like it"
>That means it doesnt resemble source material

fucking whiny faggots like you need to get run over

Just because it's how he moves in Minecraft doesn't mean it'll translate well to Smash.
Also, how the fuck do you think Steve would double jump? That video didn't answer that question. Or do a back air? He can't turn his fucking body.

That’s how we moves in Minecraft

>after all
they always were, no adult has time for this shit

based and sorapilled

Attached: image.jpg (570x381, 64K)

>fighters that cannot be realized have been excluded

Why is Banjo there and Goku not there then? Goku is unironically more likely considering the companies involved.

You already said that. I think Stevefag's NPC brain is malfunctioning, guys

Attached: 1453520068350.png (400x200, 33K)

Haven't said much since July, but saw a thread that caught my eye just now (boards.4channel.org/v/thread/460704241) and want to re-affirm that people are paid to make fake leaks, especially for Smash. Toby, who calls pizza "Za" and smells horrible, is one of these paid leakers. He is still in my office, and he still posts here and on Gamefaqs regularly. He still doesn't know who I am, as he hasn't approached me, but it's probably because he steals everyone's fucking food and nobody likes him, so I could be anyone.

Smash Fighters 2 and 3 will indeed be revealed early June. Interestingly, Nintendo and Microsoft are going to partner on a joint game and work together on many games going forward, presumably because Sony is a giant threat to both companies.

The characters announced are Master Chief and Banjo Kazooie. Master Chief activates the Halo for his final smash, and some spirits I saw were for the flood, arbiter, a gause warthog, and a ghost. His level appears to be Last Resort (has a windmill structure? Not familiar, but know the name).

Banjo Kazooie's level is predictably Spiral Mountain. He has his nuts and bolts look, slightly altered but essentially the same. Grunty is a stage boss and rhymes at you while you play, dependant on characters used. There are dancing carrots and onions in the background with googly-eyes. Some spirits include Captain Blubber, Canary Mary, and Mingy Jongo. I wasn't able to see any more details other than those 3, I saw no screenshots of these unlike Halo's. Banjo has 3 final smashes, all of which are randomized.

Cut characters from the game that won't make it in (but were absolutely developed and scrapped) include Rayman, Black Shadow, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, and Alucard. I was previously unaware of Alucard and Dixie Kong as of the last time I posted back in July.

I'll stick around for another 20 minutes if you have questions, I'm on my lunch break.

Attached: F43F99FE-9CA0-42A0-882C-9E49222B09E3.jpg (600x300, 89K)

And Game & Watch moves at like 2 frames per second. What's your point?

If you actually bothered reading, you would understand that you can be a contrarian and still be right, just like I was for the box theory, the Grinch leak and the 103 stages.

Facts:

-Battletoads having a rep in Smash makes more sense than Banjo & Kazooie.

-It's being contrarian to support Rash over Banjo

-Being contrarian doesn't mean you're wrong

Fucking HOW? Again I just said I think Rash is likely because Battletoads goes as far back as 1991.

Back air

Attached: FF9B63B3-16D6-4D0A-8072-1ECCE30FAE28.jpg (750x416, 197K)

Smash speculation will never end, user. Once the DLC for Ultimate is finished the autism for the upcoming game will begin.
You're trapped here forever.

Counterfeit and homosexual

Correct, and looks super jarring in the context of Smash. Which is why he wouldn’t work.

There's a difference. Game and Watch is that way stylistically, his limbs can still move and he can contort and move his body.
Steve is very stiff and can't turn his body for example. How are you going to give him a ducking animation, double jump, or back air?

I never realized how utter shit banjos character design actually is

Imagine pausing the game while playing as Rash and hearing the pause music. That would be pretty cool

Because G&W's animations are meant to simulate the technical limitations of LED screen that he came from. It's called SOUL.

Steve, on the other hand, has animations that that came from Notch's laziness to produce proper animations. In other words, SOULESS.

>Banjo having three final smashes

Isn't the Switch gonna be supported for like 8 years? How do we know Smash isn't gonna get updates and more season packs?

>Banjo has his NnB look
This is what gave you away as a faker. Sakurai would never do that, especially considering Mega Man.

Ok, so what makes him different from Steve? Why can't they simulate his technical limitations with stiff movements? They can still make him bend his body in places they need to.

Also Steve lacks the ability to express emotion so that pretty much killed any idea for inclusion for him.

That’s what they told me, but they will probably all look alike save for the initial animation or something, I don’t know that.

Give Steve the same animations from Minecraft Dungeons

>Isn't the Switch gonna be supported for like 8 years? How do we know Smash isn't gonna get updates and more season packs?
I'm betting on a Deluxe edition in five years: basically, Smash Ultimate with five more stages, all DLC included in base game, two or three more characters and maybe Target Smash coming back.

OH SHIT

Attached: Confirmed for Smash.jpg (597x675, 112K)

Yes, I have a question. What type of feces are you eating for lunch today?

thats even worse somehow

Steve has a mouth

>-Battletoads having a rep in Smash makes more sense than Banjo & Kazooie.
No it doesn’t. And once AGAIN. Phil already stated AGES ago that Banjo is the logical pick for Smash and his personal want. No one from Microsoft is getting in over Banjo, when will you guys get this through your heads??

>fawful
get him outta there and I'll fully accept you as my doppelganger

The only things that’s changed are some of the ‘rough’ edges, really they look marvelous but they did something with the earlier feedback. Nuts and Bolts Banjo tried to hard to appeal to the retro look and because of that they failed, they managed to find a good balance between old and new.

Game and Watch before Ultimate didn't show emotion either.

Go away Stevefag, nobody cares what you think.

You say this when fire emblem characters have the personality of a wet blanket.

It's funny to pretend that it kills any idea of inclusion for any character when G&W in Melee had next to no emotion displayed and a toy without a mouth got in.
It's unlikely a Microsoft character is in but the lengths some people will go to "kill" a character is hilarious.

Attached: NES-ROB.png (656x820, 437K)

Banjofags are hitting peak delusional

HE'S IN

Attached: pb.jpg (350x350, 23K)

He doesn't speak, he doesn't make noises, he doesn't express emotion. He has nothing. Frisk makes more sense than Steve ffs.

Steve went “ough”

Nope. Sakurai is a stickler for classic looks. Even Simon and Cloud adhered to their original artwork and games. Same for Pac-Man. Banjo would never get is NnB look. He’d look like a polished version of his old Render Artwork.

Can this thread just get 404’d or archived already

...And?

Something came up, I have to leave now, I hope you are all excited for what’s to come!

>Unofficial
What gives, that didn't saved Geno from being spirited or Isaac from being AT

Attached: you are now yawning.gif (600x337, 3.72M)

Nice RP

What if it is just his interpretation? Maybe they just touched up the N64 model, they sure as hell wouldn’t use the N64 model

>Why can't they simulate his technical limitations with stiff movements?
I already explained why, and if your brainlet mind comprehend then I'm afraid there's no helping you.

It should have been decidueye damnit fuck incineroar

Attached: 1531639835687.png (800x800, 375K)

Banjo already has artwork that conveys what he’s meant to look like outside of technical limitations. He would look like this no questions asked. Not his redesign.

And why would Phil Spencer's ideas on Banjo matter? Especially when, in 2013, he already said he was ok with Banjo in Smash, but it didn't happen.Once again in 2015, but he was not included in the Smash 4's dlc.
And another time in 2016, but he was still not included in Ultimate's base roster. Add to that Banjo & Kazooie still not getting a new game, and Rare having moved on from their N64 characters to return with their classics (read: Battletoads), and you can easily see why it's more logical to get Rash than Banjo.
It's getting a new game, it's iconic, and it's actually loved by Phil Spencer (him directly hinting the game with a T-shuirt) out of Smash speculation.

>Unofficial

Nobody cares

they've been working on the first 3 Fighters Pass character since release according to Saks message

I imagine a double E3 reveal is gonna happen; Smash-only presentation right before their E3 event revealing + dropping #2, with #3 revealed either during the presentation or after the tournament

Attached: D5fQcDAV4AAZ-dr.jpg (892x300, 56K)

Because they’re not technical limitations, they’re laziness. You can’t “simulate” laziness. Laziness just looks lazy, and crappy. And that video you posted exemplified that perfectly. Steve is gonna spend 90% of the gane running and jumping, meaning most of the time, people are gonna be seeing this . Is it starting click how ugly and jarring that us compared to other Smash characters? Sakurai said he’d get the last say on a character if he could get them to work. He wouldn’t be able to make Steve work. It’s an impossible task. His movement doesn’t read well in the context of a fighting game cause his sillouette is shit.

Yes, maybe negotiations stranded? But the fact Phil keeps saying it makes me believe he wants to go for it and this time something changes. Microsoft and Nintendo are actually working together, Phil also had several meetings with Nintendo the past few months so more than just a Banjo character will probably happen.

Will you at least livestream it when sora Is announced

Yea Forums/v/ approved fighters:
>Dante
>Travis Touchdown
>Crash Bandicoot
>Doom Guy

who else am I missing?

Attached: pit.png (384x384, 151K)

>And why would Phil Spencer's ideas on Banjo matter?
Because he’s literally the head of the Xbox division. Only person above him is Bill Gates.

>Especially when, in 2013, he already said he was ok with Banjo in Smash, but it didn't happen.Once again in 2015, but he was not included in the Smash 4's dlc.
Because companies have reasons for negotiating in the way the do. Why was K.Rool not Smash 4 DLC? Same for Inkling? Why wasn’t Ridley added until Ultimate? Why is Erdrick only NOW being added, after Cloud? As DLC? 1001 explainations could exist for all lf this.

>And another time in 2016, but he was still not included in Ultimate's base roster. Add to that Banjo & Kazooie still not getting a new game
How do you know that? Just cause nothing is announced doesn’t mean something couldn’t be in the works? Why are you pretending to know the intimate details of the inner workings of these studios?

Banjo

google.nl/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2019-04-29-xbox-should-absolutely-team-up-with-nintendo-at-e3-opinion

I didn't post that video. I don't even really care about Steve. I'm just trying to call out hypocrisy. Technical limitations or stylistic choice doesn't matter. They can simulate the original game without it being a problem. They can take artistic liberties, or they can go with the original stiff animations and bend him when needed. It doesn't really matter, they can make him work if they can make a silhouette and a lifeless, stiff robot work.

Oh right:
>Leon from RE
>Tekken fighter
>any other buff/gun fighter

And they call Banjofags delusional. lol, sure.

Attached: DxG1VRyUUAEmoRI.jpg (683x2048, 183K)

Banjofags are delusional as fuck

Banjo and Geno fags are the exact same people, thinking their character is in because someone in a high position said they would be fine with them

> Eggman
> Phoenix Wright
> Travis Touchdown
> Rayman
> Custom Robo

Yea Forums hates Rayman

They already sold whatever character takes that slot by bundling it together. It seems that Nintendo is likely to care more about promotion from here on, and Joker was just sent out first to make people think it wasn't the case so they would preemptively buy the bundle. Of course, Nintendo would have more interest in promoting Minecraft since it's on their systems, so that's still a point for Brown Bricks.

>People can't like multiple characters
Lifes more complicated than you think.

You have two options, be faithful to the source material, or alter it to suit the NEEDS of Smash. Bad reads on sillouettes on fighting game characters KILLS games. Fact is, you can’t have Steve be faithful to his source material AND have good sillouettes on all his attacks to suit the needs of Smash. Even G&W with his stylistic animations, has clean poses that read well for all of his motions. Steven can’t do this, he’s too lifeless. 90% of his motions would look too similar to each other, making him a nightmare to fight.

Nothing you said makes any sense

Minecraft Steve

Then I suppose that narrows it down to them taking creative liberties and having his limbs bend more.

Cool, now he’s not faithful to his source material, so, why even bother and why not make him a Mii Outfit instead? He’s literally just a Skin over a generic moveset now.

>Just cause nothing is announced doesn’t mean something couldn’t be in the works?
Reminder that Sakurai said that Rex couldn't be included in the base game because Xenoblade 2 was revealed after the roster was already decided, meaning that Smash Ultimate's development team didn't know of the game's existence until it's announcement.
If Banjo were to have a new game announced at E3, then it still doesn't increase his chance because the DLC roster was decided back in 2018.

How does it not make sense. Tons of people already bought the full pass, so they are stuck with whatever character is released regardless of if they want them. At this point, Nintendo would have greater interest adding characters that promote their systems library to get people interested in checking out other games.

Steve wouldn’t even be hard to make work in Smash, you aren’t Sakurai and his team you can eat shit

>kiryu
My guy

Attached: E94D19EA-60D3-4240-B862-7C08EC67ED66.gif (500x281, 1.37M)

To boil it all down here. If Banjo-kazooie gets in, the trolls lose. You'd think morons would learn from getting ass blasted by Krool, yet here we are again, an endless campaign of falseflagging and mockery all because some dudes want a character in smash.

Banjo doesn’t need to have a game a new game in the works to be in Smash. He already had 4 existing ones on Nintendo platforms.

Rex was literally created in XC2, he literally didn’t exist before the roster was finalized.

>Because he’s literally the head of the Xbox division. Only person above him is Bill Gates.
No, gaming is only a subdivision of Microsoft. However yes, they would contact him for a character, though two companies would definitely push something more relevant like Minecraft or Battletoads.

>Because companies have reasons for negotiating in the way the do. Why was K.Rool not Smash 4 DLC? Same for Inkling? Why wasn’t Ridley added until Ultimate? Why is Erdrick only NOW being added, after Cloud? As DLC?
All of those characters besides Erdrick and Cloud are owned by Nintendo. According to him, besides Pokemon, he has no limit on who he chooses as long as it's a Nintendo character.
Erdrick and Cloud, them, were not pushed by their creators, nor do they come from a deceased franchise. Also Erdrick is not yet confirmed in.

How do you know that? Just cause nothing is announced doesn’t mean something couldn’t be in the works? Why are you pretending to know the intimate details of the inner workings of these studios?
They confirmed in 2017 that no Banjo sequel was in the work, and we learned this year Battletoads is getting a sequel.

Just saying they've taken creative liberties with characters before. Characters like Fox, C. Falcon, Ganon, and Marth have mostly invented movesets for example. I would be ok with a mii costume though, because as I said, I am indifferent towards Steve.

There's no difference between first and third parties for ""relevance"".
Cloud wasn't in Lightning Returns, but doesn't need something current to justify inclusion.
If Lords of Shadow mattered, it wouldn't be Simon and Richter. Castlevania is so dead that the producer/writer, artist and composer quit Konami to make Bloodstained, an indie knockoff. Kind of like Yooka-Laylee.

Attached: 'dead' characters that got in.png (927x879, 62K)

Rare themselves confirmed they were not working on a Banjo sequel. Obvious since they were working on... Battletoads 2019.

I don’t know what’s making people so confident about a banjo revival

I miss my golden boy

Attached: 9E99B165-D860-45CA-B111-4E77DC845F08.gif (500x500, 240K)

>Banjo doesn’t need to have a game a new game in the works to be in Smash.
ok

>Castlevania is dead

Attached: 73047EC1-DFC7-464E-A80B-B3071C6707BF.jpg (750x1050, 510K)

youtube.com/watch?v=K63TgJVA8OE

>Lord of Shadow doesn't count
>STOP PROVING ME WRONG IT DOESN'T COUNT CASTLEVANIA IS DEAD

That's besides the point though. The fundamental issue with Steve isn't his moveset, it's that his animations and general aesthetic is unfit for a fighter.

>I speedread: the post

I know more about fighting games and fighting game design than you do. Clean and distinguishable sillouettes on a characters motions is THE single most important thing. If you can’t have that, your game falls apart.

Steve literally can’t have that. The fact that this makes you upset cause you don’t like to hear it, doesn’t change the fact that you’re ignorant. Steve has too many obstacles standing in his way. Stick your head in the sand if you’d like, it’s not gonna change the fact that he won’t ever be a playable character in Smash.

Feel free to learn about gane design and art for fighting games if you’d like, but this is my profession. I’m a concept artist.

Erik Shaw is so fucking delusional

Attached: 3DF027D8-0F67-466E-9043-74791DFEB344.jpg (750x719, 360K)

>tfw Bob and Bub as tag team like the Ice Climbers never ever
It hurts

>it's that his animations and general aesthetic is unfit for a fighter.
That's wrong.

Probably because "insiders" are claiming that remakes of the first two Banjo games are currently in development.

Sakurai's own words are that it's the franchise that matter, not the character himself.
kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-how-characters-get-on-the-1644208199

While on the subject of Castlevania, what is funny to me is Sakurai admitting that Alucard IS the most popular Castlevania character... But prefered to choose Simon for his whip.
eventhubs.com/news/2019/feb/24/sakurai-considered-putting-alucard-super-smash-bros-ultimate-didnt-because-one-small-iconic-reason/
nintendosoup.com/sakurai-talks-more-about-super-smash-bros-ultimate-development/

It once again shows that the Ballot was really just a suggestion box and not a strict popularity contest except for K. Rool and Ridley. I'm almost certain now that the Rare rep will be Rash.

I’m sure your a game designer and totally not some Banjofag on Yea Forums

Rare doesn’t need to be the one making a Banjo game. Killer Instinct wasn’t made byvthemy.

>Steve literally can’t have that.
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1535834467018.png (1070x601, 779K)

shut up, faggot

Attached: file.png (1024x818, 1.41M)

There are zero insiders claiming remakes of the first two banjo games and Rare already said it’s not happening

>Falling for falseflags.
Sure

My point is that ROBs general animations were just twisting his arms slowly around his chassis, and Game and Watch didn't even have animations, nor was he even a real character to begin with. If anything, Steve having really stiff animation could add some character, and a team of professionals working on the game can easily come up with some ways to make him more reasonable to fight against.

It’s the truth

>Steve having really stiff animation could add some character
this
people really do love the Minecraft player character

Not a Stevefag but this is just sad

Fuck yeah Game and Watch!

(Smash is a party game, not your area)

>Steve can’t work because I’m a game designer and I said so guys

Why haven't Genofags killed themselves already?

General animatikns aren't the only part of a character. You NEED, and I repeat NEED to be able to tell each move apart from each other, and with a character like Steve, you can't have that.

And Stevefags are obsessed.

Attached: bubsmash.png (700x3000, 305K)

Sakurai exactly said the same thing with Ridley being impossible to make playable due to his size and his wings. And despite all that he managed to get through. So if after 20 years what he deemed impossible happened, I believe he can make anything work, especially after a plant, a toy and a 2D character. Oh, and we are all certain Sakurai knows more about fighting games and design than you do, since he made Smash Bros.

Who says you won't be able to tell each move apart for Steve? Shit wouldn't be complicated to develop.

That Banjo plush is too cute

Attached: D1OY_k3XgAAMCsD.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1536, 196K)

Simon was in 2013's Mirror of Fate

Attached: LOS_SimonBelmont.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Reminder that most of Yea Forums doesn't know how to play Smash and their opinions don't matter.

Attached: 6b4ce0b31a05784b1e47dd21ff290993c3b86b0f_128.gif (128x128, 243K)

Exactly, most of people who wanna see banjo in smash are falseflags

I feel bad for Banjofags they have to watch a character they loved as a child get taken away from his home, brutally beaten by Microsoft and when they have some hope of banjo rejoining his Nintendo friends it’s gonna get taken away by Steve of all characters

>though two companies would definitely push something more relevant like Minecraft or Battletoads.
What two companies? And what makes you so sure they would. The relevace argument is stupid and has been disproven multiple times now. If anything, past proves that Sakurai woukd go for Banjo considering his desire to add him to 64, and his attempt to put him in Melee. Additionally, Phil has a say in the negotiations, he already picked Banjo. And popularity in the ballots backs Banjo. We know from K.Rool and Ridley that those matter, as well as Isaac’s return as AT.

>All of those characters besides Erdrick and Cloud are owned by Nintendo. According to him, besides Pokemon, he has no limit on who he chooses as long as it's a Nintendo character.
Erdrick and Cloud, them, were not pushed by their creators, nor do they come from a deceased franchise.
You’re missing the point.

>Also Erdrick is not yet confirmed in.
He’s all but confirmed at this point. You’d have to be naive to think he’s not getting in.

>They confirmed in 2017 that no Banjo sequel was in the work, and we learned this year Battletoads is getting a sequel.

Who’s they? Also, again, please stop pretending to have intimate knowledge of game studios you do not work for. You have zero evidence that nothing is in the works. Just the same as I have no evidence something is.

Attached: D1OZAmeWsAIgjn6.jpg_large.jpg (2048x1536, 191K)

Kazooie looks awful

I'd kill for Phoenix

As for who doesn't make the cut, Sakurai noted, "Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen. Also, fighters that switch models are a different matter."

> RAREly

>But prefered to choose Simon for his whip.
He picked Simon because he did better on the ballot. He even said so.

Concept artist, not game designer. I get hired to do freelance work for games all the time, and fighting games are my favorite genre and specialty.

Sakurai never considered banjo for Smash 64, if Nintendo offered money for Steve he’d forget banjo even existed

It wouldn't be too hard really. When he uses a sword, he has a sword out, when he uses a fishing rod, he has a fishing rod out, when he builds brown bricks he places brown bricks out. If anything extra is needed, they could find ways of implementing it.

This would be actually amazing, is the rainbow thing from a more modern game of his?

>If anything, past proves that Sakurai woukd go for Banjo considering his desire to add him to 64, and his attempt to put him in Melee.
Banjo was never considered for Smash Bros. Don't spread misinformation, retard.

What a fucking autist lmao

He’s even worse on Twitter

Not a more modern one, but it was in Bubble Memories and Rainbow Islands.
youtu.be/e6-cMzgkjqo

>Erdrick
>Doom Slayer
>Ezio
>Amateras

they likely got 2 fighters cooking for a double reveal
if theres even a western guest, itll be dropped at E3

If I recall, it was said that even back then there were legal issues, and that was at a time when Rare was 2nd party.

This ranks seems dishonest as fuck. Intenert culture has created a really boring hivemind. The worst part is the "you're either with us or against us" attitude.

Believe whatever you wanna believe. It’s not gonna change shit. There’s literally no point in arguing with you. I’ll just let the utter lack of Steve in Smash come Feb 2020 do the talking. I can say with 100% confidence he’s not getting in.

Only reason he even gained traction was cause of a fake leak that was later retracted, a fake leak I should add by someone who doesn’t know about fighting game design, and only thought of a popular franchise to make good bait.

This is your final 4, how do you react?

Attached: FighterPass.jpg (1920x1080, 648K)

Still better picks than Steve.

You'd have to be retarded to expect the majority of those characters.

>Incidentally, including a character from Rare in Smash would be difficult for various reasons. I know there are some people who think that Banjo & Kazooie are an obvious inclusion, but that’s unlikely for a variety of legal and financial reasons.
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return506.html
translation from Source Gaming, seems like this is the only time Sakurai has ever mentioned Banjo

also pretty sure he said this after Melee was released, so it was during the time Rare was being sold to Microsoft

I'm with you buddy

Steve and every soiboy on v

Phoenix Wright

Attached: descarga.jpg (183x275, 9K)

That's fair