Any tips for phase 2 and 3 of this nigger...

Any tips for phase 2 and 3 of this nigger ? Phase 1 is pretty easy once I figured his weird timing but the 2 is a real pain in the ass and he doesn't seems to do a lot of lightning attacks to reverse this shit.

Attached: 950610-isshin-ashina-article_m-2.jpg (559x314, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-zpx7nhtme4?t=461
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hit with sword

phase 3 is really easy since you can just spam the thunder. Phase 2 is where the real fight is. Some people like to run around and cheese him but honestly it's fucking boring. I prefear to take him head on and parry. Some attacks like that wind thing with the spear cant be parried I think so I just get out of range and attack one it's over. Don't know if there's some reccomended proesthetic for the fight

It's just flat out extremely difficult if you don't run away and cheese him. You have to parry a lot of the combos in his second and third phases pretty consistently because if you lose posture in the wrong place you just die.

You mean you can use the thunderstrikes like on Divine Dragon ?

yes

Phase 2 he always tries to do a spear poke at the end of that one combo, so get ready for it and mikiri when he does. easy damage.

Phase 3 he's more likely to jump in the air and use thunder as a counter attack against you, you gotta get comfortable with being in a bosses face and spamming R1 until you see him get a perfect deflect on you.

parry everything, even his big circular aoe can be parried. Only do 2 attacks at a time. If you attack more than that he can fuck you up.

Holy shit thanks user you gave me back hope. Need to make it again to phase 3 now

>even his big circular aoe can be parried
it can be perfect deflected, but you'll take some level of damage if not.

>Only do 2 attacks at a time. If you attack more than that he can fuck you up.
You keep attacking until you see the flash of a the boss getting a perfect deflect on you.

The color of a perfect deflect is slightly more orange, and the sound is a little different.

You'll pick up on it eventually

His patterns are completely randomized and autistic, did you just use the L1 spam ?

if you attack him until he deflects you, you are probably going to take a hit. No reason to risk it rather than taking it a little bit slower. As long as you dont run away to heal his posture bar wont reset.

>His patterns are completely randomized and autistic, did you just use the L1 spam ?

No it's absolutely not. Every move has a tell, and he chains them together in certain patterns.

If you think SS is random and autistic, you're gonna have one hell of a time with Old Isshin on the shura ending.

I ended up using that sugar that helps your posture in NG++ with bell, it can help if you don't deflect everything perfectly imo.

>you're gonna have one hell of a time with Old Isshin on the shura ending
Fuck him, i cheesed him with Dragon Flash and i don't feel bad at all.

>if you attack him until he deflects you, you are probably going to take a hit.

Not if you deflect his counter attack.

That's how the "dance" of sekiro sword combat works

>1. boss attacks
>2. you get a deflect on it
>3. you try to counter attack
>4. boss deflects you
>5. boss tries a counter attack on you
>6. you deflect, or mikiri, or he whiffs
>7. he's wide open for damage

Yeah there's other ways of killing bosses like sprint poking but the back and forth dance of a sword fight is the most fun and the most kino

I cheesed demon of hatred because it's just a bad boss.

Old Isshin is not a bad boss, he just requires the most precise timing of any boss in the game

I'm not saying that doesn't work. Its just harder to pull off. The strategy i proposed is literally the same except instead of attacking until he deflects, just attack twice. This way you get more time to see him start his counterattack so you can deflect more easily. Telling someone who can't even beat the boss to try it the hardest way is a bit retarded.

To be honest i ended up cheesing cause 1) I choked on my last try (needed like 1-2 deflects and he'd be dead) so i got angry and 2) i hated having to kill Emma everytime. I've fought every other boss legit, charmless and with bell on NG3+, someday i'll get back to him.

If you realy want to get through the last 2 phases use this guide
youtu.be/-zpx7nhtme4?t=461

That's exactly why i loved this game, it really clicked during the Butterfly fight for me.

You just need time against phase 2 to learn the new moveset and how sneaky he is with it.
Be aggressive but the second you get greedy you'll get swung at. Dodge the lightning shit unless he starts it up and you're perfectly aligned to counter it. You'll have him beaten in no time if you're already handling Geni and phase 1.

>how sneaky he is with it.
I still have trouble with those quick sword slashes he does, fuck that grass i can't see shit.

OP here. I agree, the grass is awful for this fight. I just ragequitted because his fucking flying attack got a really stupid tracking

You should be circle strafing around the big rock in the middle of the field as you fight him.

The grass is shorter, and it allows you the opportunity to get some space away from him to sip.

The 1st phase and Genichiro are a piece of cake for me but I really can't get through the 2nd phase.