Fuck This Board

>Get recommended pic related
>Bro it's a great game! Hours of game play and amazing mechanics!!
>It's a shitty RNG slot machine game

I swore after Yakuza 0 I'd never listen to your garbage recommendations again. But alas, I've been duped by some fucking neck beard once again. Played for more than 4 hours so can't get a refund now. You faggots need to re-evaluate your taste in games before recommending such trash.

Attached: xcom-2-902x507.jpg (902x507, 85K)

Is there any better scifi games? Im looking for something in the genre and was going to choose this.

XCOM 1

lmao git gud

Dlc is better than base game, also xcom 1 is best out of the new 2

zoomer when will you accept that you have a shit taste and fuck off from game discussion
just shitpost faggy shit like ur kind do

Just admit you suck, user.
I bet you hated the turn timers too.

Git gud
Anything that isn't 100% is not guaranteed

>even remotely trying to imply that yakino 0 is even somehow just a little bad
Xcom 1 is better in every way possible, Yea Forumsirgins told me to play 2 with WoTC and it feels like a kiddie Marvel plot holy fuck

Attached: 1556467271775.jpg (870x675, 129K)

Most of the strategy genre has random chance involved, because real wars aren’t cut and dry where nothing unexpected happens. Games like Starcraft arent even strategy at this point. Warcraft barely was as well, most abilities and units were very cut and dry and player fights always play out the same way

It took you 4 hours to figure out combat was RNG based? Are you one of those short bus children?

OpenXcom

X-COM is different from XCOM

Imagine having such garbage taste in vidya that you didn't like both Yakuza 0 and XCOM 2

Yakuza 0 is great, user.
As is XCOM EW and 2.
Did you try it on easy mode or just try it on Commander first?

The major difficulty is that the non-battle sections are somewhat difficult; I believe VG still has a general up you can ask for help there or we can try to help you here if you wish user

Sins of a Solar Empire

Attached: download (3).jpg (1024x576, 157K)

xcom is about risk management. things will go wrong all the time. your task is to work with what you have and make the best out of a bad situation.

>Barn sized Alien directly in front of elite soldier.
>heavy machine gun that shoots 50 rounds per turn
>Still has 1 in 20 chance every single bullet will miss
Actually good games let you attack multiple times per round in small bursts or calculate each individual bullet. XCOM only gives you 1 dice roll per round so the dice can fuck you completely.

Is war of the chosen any good? I looked into it a little bit when it first came out, but it looked like it added a bunch of out of place bullshit to the game instead of anything interesting.

Then that would be a good thing.

>it's good because it's le japaneze
fuck off.

you gotta take positioning and enemy ability into account.
you want to always be on higher ground when possible and behind full cover.
if possible you want to always be flanking an enemy. positioning properly is all the difference between a 20% hit chance and a 100% hit chance.
running next to an enemy and trying to shoot it is just stupid most of the time. only rangers are good for that and even then you gotta take into account enemy buffs and abilities. dont be surprised if you run up to a muton, you miss and it counter attacks.

>if possible you want to always be flanking an enemy.
except XCOM heavily discourages any flanking manouvers by triggering a new group of enemies if you move one square too far

Tygan sums up the RNG in this game to a tee.

"I don't think I could have predicted THIS outcome, but it IS intriguing..."

The special soldier classes you get are even more overpowered than your normal soldiers, except for skirmishers which are only on part. The alien champion units are chumps and die as easily as any other high tier alien unit. You also get covert ops missions where their only purpose is to stat bloat your soldiers to make them even stronger than they already are.

>uses grenade class to blow up their cover
>oopsie whoopsie, I can see you now mr. alien and I even get a bonus cause you have no cover

Flanking in XCOM isn't flanking traditionally - it's about exposing the cover or rather, lack of it

if you're not deleting pods on activation you're doing it wrong anyways. If you can't then you fall back into already cleared territory and draw the aliens into a kill zone.

>except XCOM heavily discourages any flanking manouvers by triggering a new group of enemies if you move one square too far
now thats just bullshit especially in xcom 2 where line of sight is much easier explotable than in xcom 1.
especially with the wotc classes. you can have the stealth sniper scout around so you arent running into pods. or have your people always be behind full cover.
pods dont trigger if you are behind full cover unless you are within like 4 tiles of the pod. there is a safe distance you can exploit.
also this time around pods wander in a predicable way so you can kind of guess where pods are without the visual cue you get from time to time if you dont encounter enemies.

i want rogue trader 40k xcom 2 ripoff pleeeaseee

If you're pissed about the RNG just turn down the difficulty until you get used to it. It's a good game, and I'm saying this as someone that used to view RNG mechanics like this as a deal breaker.

And remember that easy ironman is a more chad setting than legend with save reloading.