Is there any MMORPG worth playing in the current year?

Is there any MMORPG worth playing in the current year?

Attached: southshore-tarren-mill-100532281-orig.jpg (1024x768, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vkvTvJKHFVw
youtube.com/watch?v=qE_ZG3EAIIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shut the fuck up nostalgia boomer. Mobile is the future

Attached: yy.jpg (305x328, 60K)

dead genre

Guild Wars, TOR

Only if you wait for classic

inb4 FFXIV trannies shilling their trash

Warhammer Return of Reckoning when it isn't shitting itself is pretty based.

not really, the genre is fucking dead
and before any faggot comes here shilling FFXIV: no, that shit is not a real RPG

yes, it's called "Real life"

nothing like the oldschool mmos, I'm fucking around on Gw2 and FFXIV until classic, you could always hit up lights hope classic wow private server but i got tired of competing with gooks over gravemoss.

oh and I forgot pantheon looks pretty neat but I don't have high hopes for anything unless classic will have updates past 1.12

wow vanilla

Everquest, FFXI or EVE if you want the "real" MMO experience.
Monster hunter world and warframe if you want to fuck about and grind with buddies then show off your sick wares in the trade hub.

oldschool runescape

this

there aren't even any MMOs anymore

I tried that new tails of wind game and thought it was pretty cute until I walked out to start killing things only to be completely out matched by the inbuilt botting system.

Mobile MMOs are dog shit because they all play themselves - I do not understand why developers keep doing that.

>S-Southshore was just a harmless f-fishing village!

ss13

albion online is ok

based & RVRpilled

No. Unless you like WoW clones.

ESO looks comfy

EVE isn't a game.

>looks
>comfy

Kys.

Shadowbringers

I miss it, man fuck cata

NEVER 4GET

Attached: 195310-taking-back-taurajo.jpg (1460x692, 387K)

?

what am I looking at?

Tried Tera,AA,BDO,TOR,but ESO is the only that kept me playing for over a week.I enjoy exploring and the voiced quests.Want to get into pvp but it seems teams are full of geared alts and the lvl difference makes them even more powerful(1-50 queues).Why does gear and lvl have to matter in pvp anyways,just have specific pvp only gear that you can switch stats/weapons and make lvls irrelevant like GW2 does.

not yet

Attached: 1523908447439 - FIXED (imtookind)(v4)(perfection. dont try it zoomie).png (2168x2220, 2.96M)

fuck off wrathbaby

currently waiting on Oath since it looks promising
>inb4 muh kickstarter
haven't backed it, and it actually has gameplay instead of begging for money to make the fucking game. they just want money so that they can change the art assets and make more content

>wrath baby

Attached: 1556911988996.png (2168x2220, 3.14M)

>kickstarter

>tbc baby

I don't trust anyone who says they enjoy Wrath but not MoP.

MoP was better than Wrath.

I don't trust anyone who stuck with it after that piece of shit wrath.

Fixed it for you

Attached: 43263244.png (2168x2220, 3.05M)

i don't get how wrathbabies can hate cata so much, cata is wrath 2.0, they have the exact same meta

MoP and Cata weren't that bad. Only things the latter struggled with was endgame and unnecessary nerfs of classes and raids, the further's problem was LFR and tick/tock/toe talents.

Classic wen it comes out, dats it.

Too bad weaving is gay as shit.

they were bad friend, wrath is bad too but it had really nice art direction, villain, music and all that jazz. TBC babies are the worst, they jerk off to glorified DLC to vanilla.

Attached: wow tiers fixed.png (1020x860, 222K)

this

It's more of a game than half the shit sony puts out.

>it had really nice art direction, villain
Yeah, that saturday night cartoon diablo 3 shit where they pop up
>Hey, remember me? I'm evil! xD *cackles madly*
every five minutes

fantastic

>glorified DLC to vanilla
that's the perfect expansion though, tbc would be better if it changed even less

nah, it was about 50/50 good and bad for changes, the content was just absolute dogshit

AQW

beats chinachong the literal who

Attached: your mom.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

>Wrathbaby
wow peaked in mop with slight downturn in cata
fuck off cunt

i agree, best to do kara and then quit until 2.4

no, a detriment is always worse than no detriment

sure it did chink

Attached: VV.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

cant wait to kill the LITERAL WHO with my acquaintances in my MADE IN CHINA xpac. *levels up cooking using dogs*

Attached: 1548164957209 (1).jpg (268x200, 6K)

Unironically Guild Wars 2 if you can gather enough friends to try the raids and fractals

Cry more, boomer.

youtube.com/watch?v=vkvTvJKHFVw

Attached: 11 - From One Year To The Next.mkv_snapshot_14.12_[2019.02.24_15.54.54].jpg (1280x720, 107K)

What are some MMOs similar to FlyFF?
>dps classes doing damage mostly based on autoattacks
>awesome classes like the psykeeper that reflects damage taken by 200% so you just stack health and literally nothing else and now you can kill mobs 10 levels above you
>able to explore everything thanks to cool ass hoverboards
>could leech off of other players by just following them on hoverboard and being in the same party
>AoE farming was reserved for 1-2 classes and not exactly viable without an RM
>have regular events where the gm just spawns in a ton of fuckhuge enemies into the safety zones and all players get murdered

People constantly like to shit on korean mmos for being p2w and that's completely true but the best time I've had playing mmos was exactly in those but as a player that doesn't spend money
Though it did get fucked when they started introducing those areas that you have to buy access to that allowed you to level up way better

Attached: 24141414.jpg (1024x768, 319K)

knew it

Attached: 1556882746552.jpg (443x455, 96K)

City of Heroes.

No. They're all dead and replaced by battle royales, which are essentially the same shit, only sped up straight to the point.

Attached: image for shitposts.gif (500x281, 332K)

>Staff of Jardan is now literally and unironically molten core pre-raid bis :D
So yeah Caster you better farm up that Staff of Jordan to get in the MC runs lmao. :D

youtube.com/watch?v=qE_ZG3EAIIk

that buy gord skit was pretty funny but what is this reddit shit of just slapping random, over-used memes together as if an already tired joke could be funny as long as you remove it from any and all context that could possibly make it the least bit entertaining

you'd think they'd put out the fires eventually

This, but unironically.

Tera is still going strong. currently the 7th year party on going

no. I play WoW for a few days once 6 months just for that button pressing feedback and music.

MMO's are dead, no dev company will ever invest that much into the genre again.
It's over.

Attached: 1552773895534.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

well, classic everquest style mmos are dead
division,warframe style of mmos doing well enough

i wish they would just release their scripts and dev tools on github and let people submit patches, players already do all the math for them to balance their game

They are only MMO's in name. Might as well call CSGO a MMO because everyone can potentially play together.
Just look at Ascension WoW. A decent MMORPG engine releasing a proper SDK would prompt a whole subculture of modders to latch on,

how the fuck are those in any way massively multiplayer?

MUH TAURAJO
6 GORILLION DEAD TAUREN

redpill me on OSR on mobile please

Do people really still play Guild Wars? I thought the servers shut down.

the sheer fact that it is on mobile shows how much of a chore simulator it is. Hope you enjoy playing with bots doing bot-tier work.

At this point the GW2 servers will shut down before the GW1 servers.

don't forget that GW1 gets actual fucking performance updates still every year
god fucking damn it why is gw2 so bad. why did they have to ruin WvWvW

No more aoe bumrushing
Actual mana management was bad but back

>OSRS
>see people do raids and bossfights online
>looks fun
>decide to start playing
>realize you have to grind for literally THOUSANDS of hours to get anywhere
Who the fuck enjoys this? It's so monotonous.

No more puggable 10 man raids

so what bops ddo i want from gnomish engineering when i switch in to goblin?

No.

Genre is too expensive for publishers to want to make a good one and indie devs cant create good MMORPGs as fast as their content gets consumed.

That being said I have high hopes for Pantheon and AOC. Will probably play Classic but ultra casual

>muh raids
Exactly why tbc ruined wow

I'M GOING TO MAKE A TAUREN DRUID AND I AM GOING TO BE A TOTAL bro. I will help you out if you're leveling, only get revenge against gankers and protect lowbies in Horde zones. I will do any dungeon you want at 60, I can tank or heal them and will enjoy helping you get that BIS you need. Need help for some premade pvp? I will be there. I will show up to raids, do my best and never complain about loot or my class. I will pick up enchanting to give free enchants to super lowbies in Bloodhoof village to help out other tauren along the way. May the winds guide you.

The art style looks good tho, hope they don't change it much

Just as the other user had said, GW 1 will outlive GW2, lmao.

Kurtzpel

archeage

Staff of Jordan is pre-raid BiS.

Attached: 394891-elder-staff-of-jordan.jpg (568x591, 100K)