Thoughts on this game?

thoughts on this game?

Attached: 1556879821301.jpg (460x215, 44K)

fun

For a deck building game, it's severely lacking in variety

I suggest you try Etherlords II instead

It's good enough to spawn a dozen imitators on steam.

Good game that can be made even better with mods.
Look at a run or two and that should give you an idea of whether or not you'll enjoy the game.

Yea Forums is always complaining about roguelike games.. eccept on slay the spire i wonder why

>

It's good, shame the artsyle isn't that great

Slay the Spire is not a roguelike.

I'm unironically too dumb for this game. Got to ascension 15-17ish for each character and started hitting the wall hard. I've gotten quite a few heart kills on ascension but recently I couldn't even beat the base game let alone beat the heart, and I never even beat the heart with the defect either. If you have the patience to learn the cards and how to properly build a deck without completely losing hope when the game shits down your throat you'll probably love it. It's addicting as fuck

Attached: 1556544153345.gif (100x100, 19K)

it's fun but fuck the starting deck, I hate having to deal with only having shitty cards for the first five minutes of the game

Gungeon is great though

Fun game, played it for about 80 hours before getting tired of it

Its a time traveling game.
When you sit to play it, a day suddenly passes without you realizing.
Rare kind of a game.

Attached: this is fine.jpg (1080x542, 114K)

it's good for scrambling eggs

>too dumb
>can get ascensions
Ha ha, yeah. What a dumbass.

Attached: 1548573012197.gif (640x572, 2.49M)

It was great but it got old and now I'm bored when I play it.

There's quite a bit of broken stuff in the game that can carry you far even if you have no idea what you're doing. Catalyst is probably the most ez-mode card in the game and the single safest win condition since you can stack defensive cards (hello footwork and blur) and delay while you tick up poison. Str stacking with red guy is ridiculous if you get the energy for it and exhaust w/ branch is stupid too.
Defect is another story since he's harder to get completely broken with because everything he does requires expensive (energy or turn-wise) setup. I tried really hard to get claw, frostbite, and hybrid claw/frostbite decks and my closest was was solely frostbite. He has wacky power spam too but i don't know if that's too cloggy to beat the heart
I really like the design of ascension mode, small changes you can get used to per victory, but god damn does it get ridiculous later on. The fucking Byrds on the second level end up being a run-ending encounter after a certain ascension.

if you can't get to ascensions even if you're really trying, you do not understand how to play the game

and I don't mean that in a bad way, It took me a solid 2 days to beat the game with every character when I started

It's a roguelite.

Easily GOTY. Played for almost 500 hours so far and still enjoying it immensely. Easy to pick up but surprisingly deep and challenging to master (ascension 20 is no joke). One of the best roguelites ever made, if not the best even.

Incredibly well designed, i got a solid 200 hours out of it, but it wore off on me eventually simply because of how unfair high ascension feels/is.

im not well versed in roguelikes or rougelites but ended up spending 400 hours too. got to a20 a while ago for all classes but cant manage to get the keys and beat runs now

Ascension is only bullshit at 18+, everything before that is easily manageable.
18+ is pure RNG fest because of the upgraded elites that will rape your ass if you don't get good cards before you face your first one.

power spam is all or nothing depending on if you get mummified hand
if at any point in the run you get mummified hand just take every other power related card for the rest of the game because defect uniquely gets heatsink and creative AI

>first elite is that red fuck with a club
>opening hand is 4 skills and a power

That's good because you power up and discard them though
I think you meant the second hand, in which case I feel your fucking pain

that still gets you obliterated in high ascension because the game demands you have immediate response to threats, whether offensive or defensive, only exception is bottled heatsinks
creative AI is borderline useless in a20

Try custom ascension for a change. Asc 20 + draft or sealed deck is a lot of fun. Or Praise Snecko.

is there anything more painful than knowing you barely have the damage to kill nob as defect so you have to decide whether to play zap on the second turn

Solid game and an example of what should have typified the mobile space.

>focused
>easy to pick up
>potentially very high hours played before moving on
>modest price

This is why your pre-nob act 1 card picks should be primarily attacks

Having a potion or two also helps a lot, early shop can be a good routing choice for this very reason

Seeing fucking byrds when you have a skill-heavy deck and looking down the barrel of multiple 3x6 shotguns
Ever seeing triple slaver holy fuck

Ascension 18+ changes pick priority a lot for some classes.
Cloak and dagger is a good card but taking it early on A18+ is suicide because of Lagavulins -2 STR, you need high damage attacks.

>alternate art for Regret is a vulture with a philosophers stone.
Died a couple of times to that and the beta art always cracks me up.

who /defect/ here?

do they have any plan to give it big updates? I'd imagine new characters/cards would really give it more longevity, I'm currently +100 hours in

They're currently focusing on ports but they have plans to release new characters as DLC down the line too

the beta card art is incredible 10/10, I wish I had images on hand for silly stuff like outmaneuver and the pun-related ones

Slay the spire is not a Rougelike, it's a Rougelite

I only ever play defect and people who play anything but defect are strange, sad little creatures to me. Imagine bringing that birdfag to A20.

slay the spire is a rogue-lite deckbuilding game, and not a rogue-like since it's way different from the ancient dungeon crawler Rogue. educate thyself, my man.

Get mods.

>Have Sex

haha i posted it again will tranny jannies be proud of me now?

Fun for a while, because it has a huge lacks of mods and new content (there are a little of variety in card builds possible as well as cards overall).

Have really big potential tho, if it would get proper mod community as well as frequent (free or very cheap if it's relaively big, 1 new class, bunch of new cards creating more variety with mechanic combos) updates.

>"Finally beat A20. Well that was a fun little romp"
>Check playtime
>126 hours

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can consistently beat the first 3 acts but endboss wrecks me. What the fuck kind of deck do you need to kill it?

Gungeon is great but a lot of Yea Forums likes to shit on it in favour of Rogue Legacy presumably because the later is not as big so they can feel contrarian.

Shit I meant Nuclear Throne not Rogue Legacy.

>and I don't mean that in a bad way, It took me a solid 2 days to beat the game with every character when I started
Haha what a dumbass.

It took me a week to beat the game with one character.

Attached: 1554929949764.jpg (700x700, 209K)

86 hours and A03 on all characters.

Attached: 1514842386893.jpg (442x509, 28K)

>tfw ice cream and whirlwind

Attached: 1555745274486.jpg (892x910, 64K)

Best MTG game ever.

Also devs need to get off their lazy kickstarted asses and make more bosses and levels and shit. Looks like the game was made in an afternoon.

Attached: mtg-banner-730x280.jpg (730x280, 49K)

It's okay, but you could just take 3 dice and try rolling 3 sixes at once. Once you did congratulations you best the game here is a fourth dice now do it again on "ascension" 1.... keep adding dice each time you win and you have 1:1 the same experience just without the flashy graphics...

It specifically fucks over so many decks
If you don't have incredible burst over multiple turns, a catalyst or two, or idiotic armor gain with some sort of ramp then you're fucked

If luck can kill you no matter what, then making mistakes is certain death regardless of your luck.

one of the few actual 10/10 games with no artificial difficulty. Totally unique. Super balanced. Even on Ascension 20 the first three floors are consistently do-able.

Unironically git gud, streaking asc 0 isn't even that hard once you get better and even at asc 20 the world record heart kill streak is 7

>implying everything up to A15 isn't consistently beatable; including the heart
>implying the game without ascension isn't FUCKING EASY once you get good

Please fuck off.

playing modded is pretty fun

Attached: 20190504191141_1.jpg (1280x720, 290K)

Jesus christ, what is even fucking happening here? I have 200 hours in this game and its utterly unrecognizable.

Pre-nerf it was possible, but they fixed that.

>Playing any setting under A20 more than once

What kind of casual are you?

What really kills me that even cycling cards damages you so if your build isn't something that can make you untouchable and dish out 700 damage in 20 or so cards, you're fucked.

>151 hours
>Stuck on A10 with everyone
It's odd, every so often I get a burst of win streaks and then I go weeks with no progress at all.

Pre what nerf? The 7 heart kill A20 world record isn't even that old

Defending is a much bigger issue since pretty much everything hits you for +30 damage on every turn. If you're unlucky you're still defending with three 5 block cards.

endless spire allows you to keep playing after beating act 3, but enemies have more HP/damage, in the screenshot it:s on the 10th cycle.
you can just keep playing until you just break the game completely,
If I play to many cards, I crash the game, collect a bad combination of relics, softlock the game.

ROBOT
NEWU'S BLESSING
DEFRAG+FROST OR RESTART
(DYNAMIC+LIGHTNING IS ALSO OK BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE YOU DID THAT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT)
NO POTS
GET APPARITION
NO ELITES ON FLOOR 2

Haven't played that one, but it looks like it mods the game to be like F/GO, which means 3 servants and skill CDs for each. It seems like the numbers got batshit insane though, with boss HP in the millions and gold in the hundreds of thousands.

you need to plan your routes more.

If you want to play it for free, look up Royal Booty Quest :^}

Yeah that's my issue, I rely a lot on my gut decision rather than actually planning stuff out.

>mfw I plan my routes but they're planned like shit and get me killed

Attached: 1545236976108.png (500x500, 167K)

Real good but could really use more encounters. You basically have the same fights every single run, just with different chapter 2 and 3 bosses.

Once you've seen all the encounters and the few archetypes each character has the game loses a lot of appeal where games like Gungeon don't.

The Heart was honestly kinda disappointing too. More of a gimmick boss than anything.

While I think there could be some more encounters (especially in act 3, running into darklings multiple times in a single run is just not interesting) I think the current amount is pretty good too because you can quite reasonably keep it all in your head, which is very relevant for higher ascensions as you need to actually plan your deck building with the harder encounters in mind

I don't think they should care much about unbalancing the game by adding new content.

They have a beta test client for testing crap anyway don't they? No reason not to throw shit at the wall.