REEEEE WHY DO NORMIES WANT AN EASY MODE? THIS PISSES ME OFF EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T AFFECT MY EXPERIENCE AT ALL

>REEEEE WHY DO NORMIES WANT AN EASY MODE? THIS PISSES ME OFF EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T AFFECT MY EXPERIENCE AT ALL

Attached: 1552344274837.jpg (720x960, 156K)

But if the fuckin normies are part of MY sekrit club, then my escapism won't affect me anymore!!!!

Attached: 1395811625176.jpg (600x339, 35K)

GIT

Actually, it will. Instead of developers making a game experience focused around one mode and optimizing it, now they have to make multiple modes with varying settings which uses more resources and development time; time they could have been using to finish the game as a whole but are instead implementing an "Easy" mode. So when you play your next AAA game that has a difficulty setting and the whole experience is a lackluster turd (like KH3) you can thank normies and their desire to be catered to.

Git gud shitter

How do you people still exist?

NO GRILS ALLLOWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

>DMC5
>hard
lmao

just quit vidya and find a new hobby you can complain about my useless dude

This unironically, posting a guy in a fedora doesn't make your statement less true

Seriously though, look at that guys bulge

It always starts with something small

I don't see anything wrong with easy mode.

But games like the Souls game/Seikro's novelty is in the difficulty, so those games shouldn't have one.

I just don't know why you'd want an easy mode though.
I can appreciate the Dark Souls series, even though I'm shit at them. I wouldn't want an easy mode, because then I wouldn't be playing it properly. If I really wanted to play Dark Souls, I would git gud.

I don't want easy modes in games because I would switch to an easy mode if I struggle, robbing my self of great gameplay.

I was stuck two days on Isshin. Now it's one of my favorite boss fights ever, but I would've switched to easy mode on the 10th try.

Attached: jjtuaezlemv21.jpg (600x600, 43K)

wrong game buddy
dmc5 is easy as shit

I don't see why having choice is a bad thing.

But honestly, it all depends on the game in question.

There's always an easy mode. It's called NORMAL. faggot.

The same people crying about easy mode are coincidentally the people that have ruled video games with their forced SJ and virtual signaling all over the place.

Pretty much this. I fucking hate all that souls cancer bullshit. The games are mostly clunky, block roll, manage stamina shit. Not really hard, just not fun gameplay for me, I prefer crazy. I probably suck at them too, so I just move the fuck on.

Learn the game, faggot.

> every game these days as an easy mode that plays itself
> a game series finally comes out to make things challenging again
> game journalists that hate video games can't beat it in an afternoon and complain

Honestly just ignore video game journalists and its a nonissue.

Wrong. Make game exactly as you want. Then develop easy mode, which should take no time at all to make. Doesn't affect anyone, besides making it simpler for folks who want to experience the game setting and story.

I guess it really wouldn't be. But I like how there are games that will tell you "you don't get to play" if you're not good enough.

>. Then develop easy mode, which should take no time at all to make

4/10 bait, honestly not even sure you aren't just super stupid

Wait, you actually think it takes a single person a considerable amount of time to just tweak some numbers up/down, making it way easier for most people?

People still listen to HIM?

>game known for being challenging made by developers known for making challenging games
>"wtf make it easier"

Maybe just go play Kirby.

6 months after a game releases I should be able to buy a curated version of the game with custom difficulty and a hundred different save points for an extra $10. Who the fuck has 100 hours to play a god damned game unless it's AAAA?

Attached: image.gif (430x342, 1.01M)

>HIM shirt
>fedora
>thinking this was made unironically

Well your right in the fact that it will affect us but your reasoning as to why is all wrong any dev can just slap an easy mode by tweaking some health numbers real quick it’s not that time consuming if they don’t make it

Yes, retard.

Yes, just like how they only develop DLC after the "real" budget is spent. The level of naivety is impressive.

if they dont spend time balancing it properly then they are intentionally putting a shit mode within their game, all to appease literal retards who will complain the game is no fun even though they chose to play it on easy.

It really doesn't, mongoloid. It doesn't have to feel rewarding. It's an easy mode made as an afterthought. It can be made in a day.

>liberal retards
Opinion discarded. This is video games, not your local city council.

I think you need to re-read that post.

Attached: 1283130055338.jpg (468x350, 9K)

>folks
Kill yourself.

The irony is delicious
I said literal you brain dead moron

There are a lot of interactions between the many numbers. You would need to consider all the interactions and deal with bugs popping up. Like, what if increasing the health total causes a stack overflow in another line of code that multiplies the health? Now the gourd barely seems to heal at all with that huge health pool... oh now I need to modify the code of all the upgrades of the gourd... oh and I need to make sure none of that causes errors with the gourd modifiers... now I need to bug test it... now I need to playtest it... now I need to make sure the scripted scenes where you take damage or die all still function... now I need to make sure you can't use the modified values to perform exploits or escape the map....

yeah, development is never as easy as it's imagined to be by people who never developed before. This is like saying you could easily just convert a minivan into a truck. I mean, it already has wheels and an engine so it should be easy, just do it in a few minutes!

All the DMC games have an easy mode

The fun in some games comes from overcoming the challenge, an easy mode destroys that; if you're not having fun with a hard game making it easier won't make it better.
Just play a different game that you actually like.

If you know you'll be adding an easy mode at the end your software developers should be making scalable code that won't shit the bed when something changes like that.

Reminder

Attached: 18 years of experience in gaming journalism.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

>Completely change item drops
>Damage done
>AI behavior
>"No time at all"

C'mon son

Sure it does. If a game is notoriously difficult then beating it gives you bragging rights. It takes away from that if some scrub can just put it on easy and do the same thing.

Why do normies get mad that only 95% of modern games cater to them? Not everything has to be accessible to everyone.

>REEEE CATER TO ME OR ILL LITERALLY TELL MY WIFES SON TO NOT BUY YOUR GAME

>Game journalists
>Normies
Pick one

Attached: 645654.jpg (1680x1050, 355K)

The Cuphead tutorial needs an easy mode!

The dumbest part of this whole discussion is that it revolves around From games, which are fundamentally about death and failure, thematically, mechanically they are intertwined. They are asking for the creator to intentionally include a way to experience their game which completely skips over what they are about.

I don't mind an easy mode for 98% of games, but for some games, the challenge is part of the game design, same as the levels and weapons and tool, and it's almost part off genre. I wouldn't ask for Super Meat Boy to have an easy mode for people who don't like challenge, just like I wouldn't expect an RTS game to have an FPS mode to appeal to someone like me who hates RTS.

>Then develop easy mode, which should take no time at all to make.
Fucking genius. Start EasyMode company and charge any company. Charge $100 per easy mode added to the game, since it takes no time at all to make then you'll get money, casuals will get easy mode and companies will not have to deal with this shit.

Has Wizardry 4 gone too far?

>i'm just as shit at games as the journalists but if i state i disagree with them ~on principle~ that actually somehow means i'm better at games than journalists rite guis

Attached: yyy.jpg (840x548, 49K)

no, but you avoid being a whiny bitch

The hard part of them is getting your build rolling. Once you're leveled up a bit and have a weapon you like, you can be a bit faster with weapons and considerably more agile. Level 1 stamina bar is worthless, but at 40 endurance you can wear a lot of equipment and still have the fast roll and flip around all over the place. Still not a spectacle fighter though, my brain is too slow for those so I'm happy the souls games exist.

>Small japan studio need hardcore audience to survive and americans journalist want samurai Elder Scroll.

>game has racist, sexist, or other off-putting humor/remarks in it
>Yea Forums: HAHAHA GET BTFO ESS JAY DUBS DONT LIKE OT DONT BUY IT HAHAHA

>game has an easy mode, loot boxes, or fast travel
>\V\: BAWWW THIS GAME IS SHIT BAWW BAWW I HAVE TO USE ALL THOSE THINGS EVEN THOUGH I DISLIKE THEM BAWWWW

It didn't go far enough.

I couldn't care less about a game having an easy mode. Cause you're right, it doesn't affect me.
But why are you DEMANDING an easy mode in any game? I don't DEMAND a hard mode in every game. Are you so entitled that everything must cater to your whims? Just accept that not everything is for you.

>adding a shit mode for shit players
I don't see the problem

They didn't demand, they modded it themselves

>him
how old is that shirt?

>But why are you DEMANDING 1080p 60fps in any game? I don't DEMAND native 1440p 144fps in every game. Are you so entitled that everything must cater to your whims? Just accept that not everything is for you.

>EVEN THOUGH IT WON'T AFFECT MY EXPERIENCE AT ALL
Adding an easy mode adds extra time and money spent on quality control/testing.

>i need to have everything catered exactly to my tastes and my tastes alone

Attached: thisisyou.png (586x578, 37K)

>normie get mad
>WELL YOU DON'T LOOK NORMAL LIKE I DO
Is there something sadder than the limited intellect of those slaves, holy shit

Are you not tired of your own existance?

This
Why don’t they just do the lazier way and sell cheat menus
They don’t want a easier game they just want a “Press X to win and watch cutscene” simulator

>spending time and energy to willfully create and associate with shit
not a problem?

yes, this is the argument that people opposed to adding easy mode have put forth

Then what's the point of playing the game

>heh don't tell me you seriously spent time and energy to willfully create and associate with *a mode where you deal double the damage and have double the health*
man that would be a tragedy

This
If my friend with literally Cerebral palsy and often time has trouble controlling her fingers and even writing can beat literally every dark souls games and thanks to The Xbox adaptive controller she’s beaten Sekiro with no problem

>that actually somehow means i'm better at games than journalists rite guis

but I beat the boss that the journalists can't beat without using cheats on my own though, is that some sort of projection?

Except its been pointed out constantly that 99% of games already have easy modes and the games that don't have it in some fashion are a rarity. So your claim doesn't really hold up.

Just make the character broken
>Easy mode increases All stats 200+ And increases level up points from 6 to 12

people want no easy mode because it caters to their wishes and not the wishes of others
my claim is the literal truth of the situation

>opposed to adding easy mode
>opposed to adding
>adding
If easy mode is being "added" it means it wasn't part of the developer's vision for the game in the first place. Hence why you are the one DEMANDING it.

>"you don't get to play" if you're not good enough
This was always a positive for video games to me. Anyone that told me video games are a waste of time I would reply with "at least my medium of entertainment requires actual thought." 10yo me as such a little shot but I miss having that superiority over other forms of entertainment

yeah, on principle id rather not have artists listen to people who would ask an author to simplify the vocabulary in their novel because they are too stupid to understand, speed up their movie because they have no patience or dumb down their games because they dont know how to problem solve.

>DMCfag wears a fedora

Why am I not surprised? What an absolutely shit fanbase.

>because it caters to their wishes and not the wishes of others

As opposed to the people demanding easy modes in games where the challenge is one of the main selling points? Plenty of games have easy modes and easy as fuck normal modes already. Let the games with no easy modes stay as they are. They're a niche anyway.

Fuck off play something easy you stupid faggot

no, its about the wishes of the creator

>making it simpler for folks who want to experience the game setting and story
if you're too incompetent to play a videogame then fucking watch it on youtube faggot.

So here is the thing; By having only one difficulty setting it means by completing the game (however difficult) everyone is having the same experience. So if the game happens to be challenging/punishing, then those that complete it feel rewarded that they could when those with less skill/patience could not.

TL;DR It's just simply being better than the next person.

Also by having a challenge to overcome rather than to change, we are strengthening the wills and minds of society.

Attached: 218 KB.jpg (126x107, 3K)

>If easy mode is being "added" it means it wasn't part of the developer's vision for the game in the first place.
you should try putting forth and argument that doesn't rely so heavily on random and blatant bullshit assumptions
"uhh if they ADDED controller support that means they never wanted it!!?!"

>the wishes of the creator
yea I guess we should also let devs get away with disgusting mtx and cashshop practices because that's their wish
fuck off retard

The absolute projection.
You freaks need genuine medical help

I think if someone has to resort to watching videos of video games as a main method of consumption of them, its time to find a new medium to partake in.

Its because they've attached their identities to videogames, and arbitrary nonsensical gatekeeping like that protects a very fragile self worth

NO BULLY

Lmao obsessed commie

Because it’s funny to make people who have a difficult time adjust to an actually difficult game.
>it’s not difficult, it’s just time consuming/big health bars
Well then don’t play the game lmao

Are you retarded?

>hyper-leftists throwing temper tantrums until Japan submits to their demands is a good thing
Get fucked

Just make the game how you intend it to be played then shove in an"easy mode" by tweaking some numbers.
Honestly git guders only really care about how easy a time journalists are gonna get from this change, but you know what, all it will do is make the ones who are shit's journalism even worse as they wont be able to give a real judgment call on the difficulty or finer mechanics of a game so you'd be able to suss out what difficulty a journo was playin on.
I mean only the most autistic of sekrit clubbers actually care how easy of a time your average consumer has no one had an issue with cheats or mods making games easy back in the day until it exploded into being a journalism thing recently.

This is how creation works, somebody makes something and if you value it you pay them, if they fill it with shit and that makes you cry then you stop paying them your fucking money. You dont get to tell them what to make.

1. Make an easy mode where enemies do 50% damage and have 50% health
2. Don't optimize anything else
3. Make a warning in the menu that normal mode is "how the game is supposed to be played"

I'm still against easy-mode because it would ease the suffering of game journalists, which is bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with gatekeeping, and its weird you want to share a space with hyper-autists to begin with.

Just make an easy mode and quietly lock players out of half the content to laugh at game journalists.

Attached: 1373629949844.jpg (697x523, 351K)

>You dont get to tell them what to make.
actually you do, it's called feedback
up to the creator on what they change though

In order to love something you have to commit time to it.

I think that's the root issue with modern game journalists, they hate games.

Attached: 1556588023826m.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

feedback isn't made as a demand but as an opinion, and in this case the developer which sparked this whole debate said "you fundamentally misunderstand our game" when asked about adding an easy mode to demons, this speaks to a design philosophy that makes all this whining pointless.

I honestly don't care if they have an easy mode. Most of my favorite action games have easy modes despite being known for being hard games (DMC3, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe, etc.). It never affected my enjoyment of them; I just didn't pick easy mode.

What bothers me is people acting like them being bad at video games is some sort of serious accessibility issue, that's comparable to people being blind/missing limbs/etc. Acting like it's an actual moral problem that the game doesn't have an easy mode, instead of just "this would make me like the game more." Easy mode is not a fucking accessibility issue; that's insulting to people who are actually disabled. It's pretentious and self-righteous to a disgusting degree.

Maybe that was his point? DMC still has difficulty settings available while still being very hard on the later difficulties and having room for freestyling. Meanwhile SOME games have no difficulty settings at all meaning that while they are harder by default they are still always easier in the end.

why dont they make 30 min easy mode cuts of movies then?

Easy solution; people who want easy mode just kill themselves.

Better for the environment and gaming.

Win-win.

why not? it's a great band.

>he thinks building and balancing an entire mode won't affect his experience
Newsflash, easy modes take development time.

He said literal, you dumb fucking liberal.

how fucking delusional are you??

Do you know how variables work?

Didn't we have a whole debacle over games being an art form? Yet these people would want to change how it feels fundamentally for themselves ignoring the creators intentions. It's almost like games journalists are just movie critics that were too big of hacks to hack it in Hollywood and now want to change it into a movie format.

>2019
>HIM

Attached: 1555596207667.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Did you know not every aspect of gameplay can be modified by simply tweaking a single variable?
Did you know that tweaking variables invariably effects the entire way the game plays and can introduce new bugs, meaning you need to go through a lengthy process of play testing and balancing for even minor changes?

>normies
Back to shitbook normalfaggot

of course it's easy to just set a few global variables for enemy health and damage that change on easy mode and call it a day. but if you want it to be GOOD, you need to put in way more work than that. you'd have to play & test it repeatedly under those settings across the game to make sure it's still fun, paced right, etc., make adjustments accordingly and so on. that's a pretty big part of what the game systems designers spend their time doing; by adding a new difficulty you basically just doubled their work.

journalists want an easy mode so that they can finish writing their review much faster, but they will not admit this so they make excuses like "muh accessibility" and "muh toxic gamer culture" instead

>just change the numbers bro

Attached: 1555839150519.png (645x729, 77K)

Lower difficulties work with stylish action games because replaying on higher difficulties is part of the intent.

These journalists who put their retarded, lazy ass on the same level with people who have physical disabilities are sickening.

But that is exactly how many games do difficulty settings. Why would it be wrong in here?

I seriously doubt that they did separate extensive playtesting for every single difficulty in Doom 2016.

>Lower difficulties work with stylish action games because replaying on higher difficulties is part of the intent.

This is actually a good point and theoretically a valid argument for multiple difficulty levels. Too bad most people who argue for lowered difficulties only do so because they're basic and unskilled as fuck and don't want to bother with higher difficulties.

you still need to play test the game and make sure it doesn't have bugs, plays smoothly, and is still enjoyable. that could take several weeks/months and to be honest I would rather prefer if those months were instead spent on making new content to fans who will actually buy it instead of pandering to faggots that only play the game once and never touch the game again after they've finished completing the easy mode

Attached: 1554522268278.jpg (622x439, 23K)

Give me an example scenario where increasing enemy health or damage could result in a gamebreaking bug. Even things such as spawning more enemies should be very easy to implent unless you have events tied to specific amount of enemies dying or such.

Oh and not adding difficulty options is exactly what makes people play the game only once. Like in DMC you need to beat the game multiple times to unlock more difficulties but most people cant be bothered to so your casual argument is going kinda backwards.

DLC content>>>>>>>>>>adding a useless easy mode that no one plays

Attached: 1553346039306.png (1750x1750, 1.1M)

It's a power play by western journalists and their horking seals to bully a prominent Jap developer into changing something for them. Japan is a long way away and foreigners have to shout very loud and obnoxiously to even be acknowledged.
If they can get an easymodo put in on a game whose design precludes such bullshit, they can also get ero content removed/censored or have certain games they just don't like never get localized. It's all a POWER PLAY.

Not him but do you see why he didn't reply to you? you're fucking retarded, that's why.

Attached: a760a841da13def0d502728a4e26faec.jpg (564x393, 68K)

>DLC content
>DownLoadable Content content

white people

lmao son

never pander to normies. no exceptions.
That's how it starts but before you know it, the thing you like becomes SHIT.
I had like 4 things that I loved deeply but that were ruined because they wanted the normie audience.

Seems like something that only argumentless frogposter would come up with.