What is the most overrated video game franchise?

What is the most overrated video game franchise?

Attached: pokemoncreatures.jpg (250x178, 9K)

GTA

almonds=activated

you're favorite one

Zelda

Mario or Zelda

TO FETCH CRUMMY POKEMON CREATURES? THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN FETCHING A PAIL OF WATER!

I

this

holy based

ᵈᵃᵐn... ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵐᵃᵏᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰᶦnᵏ

Attached: 1556621048466.png (25x25, 975)

Good thing the kids are laying off the water and enjoying the trip

Attached: blubby-fish.jpg (650x411, 73K)

Your mom.

Attached: 1550557292999.png (918x768, 159K)

Attached: 1554571617288.png (540x400, 221K)

[popular game which I don't like]

As much as i love the games, legend of Zelda

Nintendo everything.

and red dead redemption 2 specifically despite the fact we're naming franchises not games. the game is really fucking beautiful and really highly detailed but a video game is more than it's visuals and story. gameplay should be the forefront of all games and when it comes down to it, the game feels like an absolute slog to play through and it follows the typical rockstar mission formula that restricts players from tackling things how they want. animations take fucking eternity and a lot of retards are okay with it because "mu-immersion" because evidently their lives are so shitty that they have to play a video game to get their mind off of it in order to not have a fucking mental breakdown. as prior stated, yes red dead redemption 2 does some things really fucking well but if the story and visuals is it has and the gameplay itself isn't engaging, then it's failed at the fundamental thing a video game should have: having engaging in-depth gameplay

historically: zelda
nowadays: dark souls

Attached: 1551724742292.png (1001x879, 182K)

Metal Gear Solid

Kojima is a hack and his writing is stupid as all hell and incoherent.

but if the story and visuals is all it has*

Witcher and Elder scrolls

Sonic

Souls

Kirby and Animal Crossing

Uncharted.

Zelda

I remember this forum post where everyone picked random quotes from various Zelda review from IGN and you couldn't tell what quote was from what game because everything was always "incredible, revolutionary" and so on

Elder Scrolls. A franchise that at one point was engaging to play in some respects because you truly did have freedom and a shit ton of interesting things to do within a world of soul. I've had basedboys get genuinely really angry because I simply said "I don't think Skyrim is a good game." The truth is their recent entries have been devoid of soul with very little unique locations. The games are buggy as shit. Combat in all of the games have been complete and utter garbage.

Attached: oblivionsnow.webm (960x540, 2.12M)

Attached: 1552238613253.jpg (567x422, 59K)

He's right, water is more important than Pokémon.

Attached: 82.png (922x1050, 95K)

Rent free

this x10000

also this, sadly. I do think Zelda is a great series and it's probably one of my favorite of all time, but critics were calling Skyward fucking Sword the Zelda to end all Zeldas. It's pretty pathetic.

smash bros

Why would water be up a hill?

Damn...

>nowadays: dark souls
Actually, let's run with this one. Dark Souls is interesting because it's this break out series from a previously cult hit level company. Overrated doesn't mean bad either. Perhaps one of the best examples of how dumb Dark Souls wank gets is the demand for an easy mode. Why is this a thing? One thing routinely said about Dark Souls difficulty is how fair it is. You might find the game a chore or dislike how it controls and so on, but you're rarely in an instance where what happened feels unfair. That there's always so much disagreement over what the hardest boss is also feels like a factor in this, showing just how differently even dedicated players who get a good way through the game can handle different enemies.

The reason easy mode is demanded is because Dark Souls is popular. Do we have a bunch of articles about how much easier Dwarf Fort needs to be? I Wanna Be The Guy? No, because most casuals and new gamers don't give a shit about it. But they have heard of Dark Souls and have heard it's super good and have heard they should play it. They want to be part of that experience, but come up against the problem that it's not really the kind of game they're good at or enjoy. But it's supposed to be this amazing thing and it can't just be that not all games should be for all people, so they demand an easy mode.

Dark Souls is overrated because the praise and rating of it have become incredibly divorced from the actual game and its qualities and why those things are the way they are. It's just become this vague cultural touchstone everyone feels like they need to experience, even if it's not the game for them. It's overused for comparisons in regards to difficulty and atmosphere too. The entire game exists more as an ideal than the game itself now.

Attached: 1462211877163.jpg (2008x3047, 2.76M)