MK11 SALES FELL AND FLOPPED?!

I thought Yea Forums was joking and so forth but holy shit this game really fell and flopped! How the fuck did they fuck this up?!

www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-04-28-uk-charts-days-gone-defeats-mortal-kombat-11-to-claim-no-1

pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/uk_sales_charts_days_gone_rides_past_mortal_kombat_11_to_claim_the_top_spot

comicbook.com/gaming/2019/04/28/days-gone-mortal-kombat-11-sales-uk/

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-073958.jpg (720x1280, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

segmentnext.com/2019/04/25/mortal-kombat-11-successful-launch/
youtu.be/asPne3wdfjU
youtube.com/watch?v=zd2HZNUKxS4
steamcommunity.com/app/976310/discussions/0/1679190184052385764/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old news but still based

Except that only includes retail sales which have plummeted in the past few years as digital sales have skyrocketed.

MK11 had the best launch in the series segmentnext.com/2019/04/25/mortal-kombat-11-successful-launch/

fuck off faggot

Nice

>Haddad decided to not reveal any Mortal Kombat 11 sales figure during his discussion about the game.

So no actual proof of his claim

>Except that only includes retail sales which have plummeted in the past few years
For indies, at least on PS4, the sales are still a physical majority for larger games.

Best part of MK11 can be watched on youtube.

I thought they removed the hot girls?

Its really hard to put the finger on the problem, but for some reason the game doesnt feel hype or interesting, just like SoulCal or DBFZ but for different reasons, maybe its the graphics, the more serious than usual tone, hollywood feel, realistic faces, awkward gore, gameplay wise being some of the worst of tekken and sfv combined? Either way it doesnt feel MK to me, it was supposed to be a parody of all those b tier actions movies and martial art flicks, without a serious tone and with lots of humor

Attached: 1555586447670.png (295x222, 113K)

Whats the point? FG have just fanfiction writing at best.

MK11 was made for SJW's if you look at the character designs, and Social justice whales dont buy things because their all broke and poor.

>How the fuck did they fuck this up?!
Well,
>Push forth microtransactions
>Always-online DRM and the modes are connected to said always-online DRM including the in-game currency
>Unbelievable amount of grind to beat some of the harder tower modes in the game
That's some of the only thing that I can think of in the top of my head atm.

inb4 "have sex" poster enters thread.

>but for some reason the game doesnt feel hype or interesting
The gore is a shallow gimmick which either interrupts gameplay or lengthens a match with cinematic, non interactive cutscenes. MK should have ended in the 90s where it belongs.

It didn't outsell MK10 according to sales user.

Why would people buy a digital copy of a fighting game when its one of the few games with local mp?

C A P T A I N M A R V E L G O W O K E G O B R O K E

Except WB says it sold more then MKX on launch. All the articles saying it sold poorly on launch are only counting a fraction of the sales.

Who would have thought that yet another fighting game would get a bland reception. The genre is creatively bankrupt.

Not ended but adapted, as much as people give shit to the ps2 games at least they felt like MK, same as MK9 imo, but X and 11 dont feel right, gore is so fucking out of place

Wrong
Show source or Fuck off

>How the fuck did they fuck this up?!
by letting the sjws on their staff slowly take over, the usual thing that happens

Attached: 1535840095714.png (1055x786, 439K)

>Not ended but adapted
At that point a new series could have emerged, maybe still set in the same universe but separate none the less.

A healthy balance of flat and titcow is the ideal scenario.

Not him but Haddad supposedly said this during the 2019 GamesBeat Summit in LA I can't find any direct quote about the sales but all attending media claim
>David Haddad, the president of Warner
Bros. Interactive Entertainment, announced that Mortal Kombat 11 has had the best launch in the franchise’s history.
He is then directly quoted by all these pupet media stations as saying “I couldn’t be more proud of that team and what they’ve done and the innovations they’ve brought to [MK]" but don't have the actual quote about sales

not the point, i like flat personally but making a flat character is not the thing you should take away from that post

Look, I'm not into all this shitposting, but how the fuck would that explain how one game sold less than the other when they both got a physical and digital release. You claim that "retail sales have plummeted" so it applies to both games.

That's not good enough,
Bioware once stated that ME Andromeda was the fast selling game and it was doing just fine and exceeding it's expectations. Then look what happen to the series when it got canned. People lie user, you should know user.

Like I said I'm not him and we have to work on what we are told regarding sales.
The quote is in youtu.be/asPne3wdfjU I haven't found it yet but he is being interviewed around 1hr 20

That doesn't read like SJW to me.
That reads like a horny dude trying to get his flat-fetish girl past a bunch of boob lovers (look at how specific he is about boob details) then using "progressiveness" as an excuse.

He's saving face for the investors who eventually going to see the true results and heads starts rolling.

Haha yes. Death to developers that censor and take away my tiddies.

So from this MKXI had the largest DAY ONE launch but can we say the same for the whole week?

>UK

>that only includes retail sales which have plummeted in the past few years

That excuse also got used when Anthem's and BFV's sales were lower than expected.

This. MK flops outside of NA and I guarantee you most people who bought it were unaware how fucked up it is

you might just be too autistic to perceive implications then, or youre an nrs shill.

Read
It's a clear sign it's not approving also it's not generating the commercial that mK10 managed to have because of its censorship. This happen to Destiny 2, Anthem, BFV, and so forth. A AAA Fighting with his long history with sales flopping is a sign. It didn't sell...

No I'm saying it looks like he's virtue signalling with social justice implications, but he's really just lying and wanted his flat waifu in.

I swear NRShills have worse coping mechanism than SNOYtards

>uk

Attached: laugh-624x416.jpg (624x416, 38K)

What's actually happening is that gamers (Us) are pushing back against micro transactions in games.

As it should be.

The main issue I see is not that the gore is specifically "out of place" but that the animations are really drawn out to where they lose the appeal. If you compare old MK to nu-MK you can easily see how gameplay speed was such a difference in how the old games did stuff to where fatalities didn't take 30 fucking seconds and were just a 5-10 second finisher before it moved immediately to the next match. MK11 is just so stuck with trying to be a character driven game that it loses focus on the speed of the gameplay and going from MK9 to MK11 and seeing how it continually gets more distracted by stupid animations is super telling of that. X-Rays/Fatal Blows don't help with that either and add even more time to matches and the health bar quite frankly is way too high and it draws shit out for too long, MK12 if it even happens needs to focus more on the arcade and couch multiplayer aspect then the dumb fucking story.

Fatalities have kinda become SO elaborate to the point where most of them aren't even fun anymore.

The most entertaining fighting games are ones with good ways to show off skill that the game visually makes impactful. That doesn't necessarily make the game good, and if done right it doesn't even need to be a high skilled action that the game makes exciting.

Tekken is really good at this cause you can tell how good a player is by their movement, you can instantly see who can control the match better with their movement and how many options it opens up for them. MvC is a 1 player game, but you are watching a combo video and can't deny effort went in to reach that level. MK11 has mechanics that could be exciting, but the presentation lets them down and the punishment you get off an instant block just isn't all that impressive. The combos are basic, neutral unga and no one has used wavedashing in an interesting way so far. Notice how few clips people post? There just isn't enough going on.

More AAA studios need to be overrun by SJW. I mean AAA dev is practically slave labor, they can have it.

Agree,
I even say Injustice 2 did better than MK11 with the faster gameplay mechanics. Who the hell is leading the developement that putting NRS in its grave?

>"MK11 had the best launch in the series"
>no actual sales numbers revealed

That's literally Boon saying "dude trust me". I don't trust him anymore.

ITT: Faggots who don't play fighting games arguing about a fighting game's sales to fuel their culture politics BS

It's just /pol/tards screeching about "dem darned essjaydubblyous ruining video games!!!". Ignore them and you'll see MK11 did pretty well.

>UK
kek

We should've just had a Primal Rage revival

Have sex, user.

get woke go broke

mk is not a series that "does pretty well"
mk is a series that sells above and beyond literally all other fighting games combined

mk11 is a disaster that had price reductions on retail shelves day 1. "doing pretty well" by mk standards is a failure.

Attached: 1534924270854.jpg (768x1024, 377K)

because that guy is an actual paid shill and he's just repeating the corporate line

Nah. You ain't getting out of this that easily resetera

HH

Attached: jax ending.jpg (1024x764, 282K)

it was only ever a matter of time before this was posted.

Does no one on this entire board know what flop means?

>taking nrs words for granted
>after they promised no npc fights and no lootbox jewry
Yikes

Have Gex.

>buying sjw shit

Attached: 1299682055158.jpg (251x246, 17K)

Based

have socks, please.

Ed Boon and his cronies doesn't deserve a penny, fucking slave masters.

BASED

And zyklonpilled.

This I don't understand, how could they possibly know the game would sell so bad they had to lower the price just one day after release?

>talk about how woke you are because you would get rid of slavery in your game
>run an actual slave operation at your company that made the game
What did NRS mean by this?

The weak should fear the strong

They order more stock than the usual game because it's supposed to be a super high profile popular release. Then they see that it's not selling the way a high profile release usually does and they see there's a consumer backlash going on, so they lower the price to get people to buy it to reduce losses. This happening on day one is absolutely crazy.

Your ears are delicious

Because it's a shitposter. Walmart sells new games for $10 off constantly to try compete with amazon. Sekiro and dmc5 were $50 at launch too

But wasn't MK 11 the best selling game in he series, according to non-paid, progressive journalists on day one?
Kek

Attached: eh.jpg (272x186, 10K)

HITLER-SENPAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. It felt like a less interesting reskin of injustice 2 but some of the returning fighters are the best they've been gameplay wise imo. The story plot is legit bad though, like even compared to the gi Joe plotlines of the other games

Sorry shill, no one is buying your garbage game. Better luck next year.

It's pretty sad when Johnny Cage and Kano have the better fats

Also, getting booted out of a tower halfway through because of a server dropout is actually retard level fucked up for a fighting game

I think this guy is correct mate, I highly doubt the backlash had much of a big effect. Just look at battlefront it sold a lot even though the whole lootbox p2w fiasko, big name titles will always sell.

This is what happens when you cast a TERF as one of your main characters.

>Just look at battlefront it sold a lot even though the whole lootbox p2w fiasko, big name titles will always sell.
Look at this horse shit lies at this user mouth. Mass Effect fell and even SW Vattlefront didn't exceed sales expectation. Your not even trying shill...

Mortal Kombat is a dinosaur running nostalgia fumes.
This isn't the 90s anymore.
MK was ALWAYS a shitty fighting game that relied on gimmicks to make it popular. The problem? That gimmick is fucking retarded in 2019.
No one cares about gore. Zoomers have been watching Mexicans behead each other on the internet since they were 5. It isn't interesting.
The fact that they are still trying to peddle this filth for decades shows what kind of people you are dealing with.
The very least you could have done is include sexy women to bring in the ryona crowd but they even fucked that up.

I miss him so much lads ;_;

>hurr durr let me reduce a game by $10 on Amazon and retail stores for absolutely no reason when you can sell millions of copies at $60 instead
lolno. And you don't seem to understand the idea of "selling a lot." A game like MK and Battlefront selling 3 million copies is not the same as a game like Blazblue selling 3 million copies. They sell a lot because they spend a lot, and if they don't sell a TON, then they lose money.

I guess literally every single new game is a flop because of the Amazon prime discount because that is definitely how things work and you aren't retarded

It really looks like MKX 1.5

Can others anons confirm this or is it worth a shot?

THE :CLAP: NUMBER :CLAP: ONE :CLAP: RULE :CLAP: IS :CLAP: SEX :CLAP: SELLS

>trips revive hitler
>on a tripless board
nice

He's talking about AAA games (Which MK11 is) that are not making sales as they should and falling behind is a sign of flopping as well. Now your just being desperate shill

Go ahead and post a photo of retail shelves selling DMC5 for $50 on day 1. I'll wait, NRS damage controller.

I feel like mkx is the better game as a complete package but mk11 has a slightly better fighting system

>Walmart
Well, even smaller shops in my 3rd world shithole have the game on discount so it's not only Walmart desu.

>but mk11 has a slightly better fighting system
Not as better as Injustice 2. It's has a faster gameplay mechanic.

GET WOKE

Everyone brought MK11

>MK11 shouldve been number 1 for at least 3 months
>topped by DG

get woke

GO BROKE

Same
The newest characters literally have injustice 2 Cyborg and starfire’s mocapped actor’s faces, voices and borderline play just like them
Uncanny valley is weird and reused assets make it worse

>UK
every time.

>It really looks like MKX 1.5

yes, if you know literally nothing about fighting games so fucking stick to le X then

people who use bicep emoji are always weak

none of them are here to set the record

NOOO THE PROGRESSIVE GAME WITH THE PROGRESSIVE GRIND WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR BIG BREAKTHROUGH WHY REDDIT, WHY?

Cherrypicking MKuck

Attached: cosplay_mk.jpg (450x346, 39K)

that too

Based

Attached: 1547090146398m.jpg (720x1024, 159K)

Okay well let's check one of those digital storefro-OH NO, OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: digital.png (1681x566, 463K)

>Puts microtransactions in a fighting game

I DONT KNOW WHY ITS FAILING

Yeah, brought it back to the store for a refund NRShill

Attached: 1555864765891m-1.jpg (201x257, 11K)

"Slavery is okay as long as it's a secret," Ed Boon

>Ruin the single player
>Make one of the worst stories in a fighting game
>Ruin the multiplayer
>Ruin the PC version
>Add one of the worst grind in a game, not a fighting game, a game
>Ruin the multiplayer
>Make an extremely unfun tier system that no one wants to play
>Lock all the cosmetics behind the previous failing systems
>Sell at full price
>Despite having a half-priced support of the game
>Cater to fucktards on twitter
>Who don't buy your game because MK has always been the shitlord game

Oh No GuYs, WhY DiD My GaMe FlOP!?? I DiD EvErYtHiNg tHaT OtHeR GaMeS aRe DoInG, I wAs A pRoGrEsSiVe GaMe DeSiNgEr aNd TwiTtEr ToLd Me ThAt I wOuLd Be a GoOd ManSeRvaNt iF I mAdE thE CosTuMes WoRse

WhY WoN'T AnYoNe BuY My ProGreSsiVe GamE!? TheY nEed To Have Sex!!!

Attached: Ed_Boon.png (1204x803, 764K)

Anyone bemused at why leftists have become corporate cronies for billion dollar companies like Warner, Disney, Microsoft etc?

You shouldn't be.

Damn NRS is about to be tore apart by Warner bros.

Nah, they'll make a new injustice and people will forget about this.

The thing is: Even without the social justice angle, MK11 would still not be a good game.
They picked up that angle to shield themselves from the criticism after they released a bad game.

WHOOOOOAAA NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Yeah after tearing half the staff and Ed Boons was apart. Hell I won't be surprised of there's a new development team after this. Boon best start praying he doesn't get fired or put to a "Advisor" position.

This joke of a franchise has gone on way too long
There is not a single MK game worth playing
When the 30 year old retards who still somehow have nostalgia for this series get older and stop buying videogames MK will die for good

Based days gone I hope theres a sequel

why do some of the fatalities make my pp hard?

Attached: mk sonya.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Get woke, go broke!!!

because they hijacked them and are now using them to control the public. they wouldve done it through goverment if they could but the constitution has a lot of roadblocks for them.

They tried the same bs with Battlefront II and retards like you fell for it

Attached: 79831A0C-A497-4E84-B61B-9C4E450F2D7F.jpg (1116x1302, 766K)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this.

>game that has been out for a few weeks and is still full price
vs.
>games that have been out multiple years and have had many cheap as fuck sales in that time

>This is ok but tits are not
I know everyone has said it ....

That's no excuse,
A "AAA" Game sequel that being made is supposed to surpass their first game up release. You know that.

that's very respectful for women

This would be fine if it was 500,000 or even 1 million. That would be an acceptable number for the launch of a new installment of a franchise about a few days after release.

We're past the launch window, now. 200,000 is miserable one week after launch. Steamspy may not be entirely accurate because it can't count private profiles or offline users, but there aren't 300,000 people offline playing MK11.

Why didn’t this sell as well? Most consumers are idiots and blindly buy things so even if it’s not a good game, I don’t know how it wouldn’t sell based on just the brand name. I mean, Mortal Kombat has always seemed to have more casual fans than other fighting series.

Thats Smash

Are you fucking retarded? I mean I guess your reddit tier post is proof enough but over half of your "points" were literal lies

It's cute that you think the game will do better if you cry hard enough.

MK hasn't been a really casual game that normal people buy for the gore in a long, long time. Gore in video games is basically old hat now.
Ironically, adding some tits may have at least made it novel compared to the previous much more cheap, much better received game.

Its "cute" that you actually think anyone except redditors who dont even play videogames give a fuck about how much money the companies behind them are making

Your being desperate nrs shill.
Just give up,
Cope

Quality post there redditor, tell everyone here how they "ruined the multiplayer" in MK11 without exposing your retardation

>hijacked them
based retard

>ArE YoU FuCkIng reTarDeD? i meAn i GuEss YouR REDDIT tier PoSt is prOof eNoUgh but OvEr haLF of yOur """"""""""""""""""""""""PoInTS"""""""""""""""" WeRe liTerAl LiEs I ShoUlD KnOw I'M Ed BOoN

Attached: Ed_Boon.png (1204x803, 1003K)

>redditor
Your really that damn desperateyhat now your accusing everyone of being a Redditor? The evidence is in plain sight shill

Just give up.

enjoy your ban

so couldnt do what I said, just keeps repeating his redditor buzzwords like a broken record

youtube.com/watch?v=zd2HZNUKxS4
steamcommunity.com/app/976310/discussions/0/1679190184052385764/

GaWrsH GuYS HoW DiD TheY RuIn ThE MuLTiPlAYEr? FiVe FraMEs of LaG SloWly IncrEasInG to DouBle DigItS Is A ReaLLY SuRe SiGn Of A GooD FinIshed GaME
S-StoP SpReADiNg LiES ABouT My- I MeAn NRS' GaME

>enjoy your ban
Hey NRS shill you know saying your banning someone cause of your "muh Feelz" is against Yea Forums policy right?

>enjoy your ban
Filing false reports is against the rules.

Exactly what I did.

No one cares about combat games.

so is this it? you googled "how did they ruin MK11" and found an input lag test which isnt even high compared to games like Tekken 7?

Its going to be a hard pill to swallow for memedditors who thought this was le epic wild west of the internet but anything that could even remotely be compared to 1337 speech or other similar youtube comments autism attacks outside of Yea Forums is bannable, go kill yourselves

>He's that desperate that hes false reporting and sperging.

Your only making yourself more pathetic nrs shill.
Cope

Is this what they mean by "mature" and "respectful"?

>this whole post
Reddit as fuck kys

t
>He's still doing that Reddit move after being shat on.

Pathetic