What does Yea Forums think of this video?

youtu.be/owpHC4Pg550

Attached: Rangeronly.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YHto34UDT0
youtube.com/watch?v=g7RstH423lw
youtube.com/watch?v=u65C-b_Jt5M
youtube.com/watch?v=WI9rYO2XYow
youtube.com/watch?v=Rgps2D3LptY
youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8
esportsearnings.com/players
youtube.com/watch?v=4BfhyVKH9xA
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It makes me wish Quake Live wasn't dead in my region

Fuck quake champions for killing quake live.

Post frag vids

youtube.com/watch?v=4YHto34UDT0
youtube.com/watch?v=g7RstH423lw
youtube.com/watch?v=u65C-b_Jt5M

Attached: 1503700605195.jpg (800x600, 97K)

it's an amazing video, I wish it was more popular

ok this video makes me really want to play one of these so-called 'arena shooters'

This

At this point either wait for Diabotical or Quake Champions or Live. Live is infinintetly better, but much harder on new players and quake champions stole a big chunk of the player base. Or play cpm if you hate yourself but want the best game.

Attached: trying to get the ra on cpm22.gif (450x240, 1.99M)

Will we ever be able to understand this mans mind?

Attached: C O O L L E R.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

>most skillful FPS games
>lolwut

No one likes cpm voo.

quake champions was a mistake

Attached: 1556772199638.jpg (219x241, 47K)

CPMA is the best multiplayer experience ever conceived you troglodyte

Attached: dont ever talk to me or my son again.png (465x745, 445K)

Man Xonotic was such a good game, sad that it never took off - I loved the instant weapon switch.

>TIL that Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (my favorite game of all time) is an arena shooter

watched the vid, wasnt very impressed

It doesn't really feel like an arena FPS though due to the slow movement.
Half-Life 1 Deathmatch is an actual arena FPS though and I love it, I don't know why it's never mentioned when people talk about old arena shooters.
It has skill-based movement like bhop and gauss boosting, but it puts less emphasis on resource control and health items since the guns are generally much more lethal than in Quake.

Unreal Tournament is the bomb

Fuck off shill. No one cares about boomer shooters, thats why they died off in the first place
solid video. you do slurr your words a bit much, however.

idk man, the video definitely made me interested, i think they just need the right word of mouth as skill-based games are very much in demand

Arena shooters are sorta getting a resurgence, with retro shooters like Dusk for example

I also heard that Prodeus' multiplayer will be an arena shooter too.

theres nothing more fun than shooting people t b h

I think the problem is calling them skill based. Find something else to brand them as because it scares of casuals who you need as cannon fodder and attracts dipshits who sit around and jerk off about how hard the game and how sad nobody plays them is but never play it for more than 5 minutes.
They used to be considered the casual party game back in the day along with CS.

HUR HUR HUR
POMP POMOMOMOMOMOMOM
HUR HUR HUR Hur hur h...
Why is this such a comforting soundscape

>Half Life 1
>hl_crossfire
Good times user. It makes me even more depressed to know I will never make LAN parties with my friends anymore.

if you have a friend who is somewhat equal in skill with you when it comes to fps definitely try out Reflex Arena but if you're alone the game is super dead and you have to dig up some Quake veteran from their Discord to get a game doing.

>that mad dash to the nuke
Hold me my man.

AHEM
Fuck quake champions
and fuck syncerror
youtube.com/watch?v=WI9rYO2XYow

man good times

The most populous 24/7 crossfire server disabled the nuke. Fucking faggots.

>Fuck quake champions for killing quake live.
As if there was anything to kill.
QL was already dead.
And if people preferred to play QC instead of QL despite all the flaws, it only means that they stopped caring about QL.

Attached: 42004217_708162812880907_2754653197707783197_n.jpg (960x960, 121K)

Painkiller?! Haven't even thought about it for years!

>here's your slash bro

Attached: 1556730401125.jpg (1000x1000, 127K)

This inspired me to set up Zandronum in order to play some Doom online (I picked up Quake Champions and the Doom mod that makes Quake Champions in Doom while I was at it)

Forgot how much I adored this era of good vidya, thank you user.

Attached: 1556024436298.gif (128x74, 25K)

kys

Really looking forward to Diabotical! 2GD was one of the funniest commentators in e-sports and I'm glad that he's the face of the project.

t. overwatch zoomer

we don't deserve him

Attached: cooller.png (781x1049, 121K)

He's an alpha male. No nonsense kind of guy.
He also doesn't play videogames much, opting to spend his time playing something to make some form of return monetary or otherwise. He is also insanely disciplined and determined to reach his goals but his ego gets in the way and most people can't stand being around him. He cannot process logically or in any other way anyone who plays a game "for fun", he just can't do it, everything he picks up he gives 100% and being around people who don't have this mindset exactly irritates him greatly. You can kind of understand where he's coming from because he spent 30 years, basically an entire life playing one type of game. People forget but he won a bunch of shit and deserves all the praise he's got, even if he's not #1 in quake right now. He also has a family for about 5 years I think, can you imagine having a kid, a wife and still reaching top 5 in a game? I don't respect Anton's attitude at all, but I understand and respect him as a man and as a competitive player, he is a true athlete.

It killed the weekly tournaments and the pro scene had to move to QC. And thats fucked and also fuck you.

Attached: slasharena.jpg (800x1025, 223K)

>had to
Woah, they "betrayed" your babby's favorite game, what a cruel world.
Grow up, fucking retard.

He truly is. He's the fucking best.

Attached: 1359382017388.gif (280x239, 147K)

You only need one friend to get some duels going.

I'll do whatever I want homo

Attached: 1391357949423.gif (280x289, 1.32M)

No, you're a feminist.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rgps2D3LptY

You suck ass, kid.

Attached: Dq3shFjUUAEzXRl.jpg (1024x684, 77K)

>I spend a lot of time thinking about
>Timing

Attached: 1554989734708.gif (150x150, 1.22M)

youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8

>even if you have worse aim than the opponent, you can easily win fights
Yeah, """""""""""""""""""""""skill""""""""""""""""""""""".
I can't wait for all of the Quakefags to die of old age.

>>even if you have worse aim than the opponent, you can easily win fights
Oh, like COD, Overwatch, and basically every game that followed Quake?

Get a fucking life, you fucking fag,

You die in 3 bullets in Call of Duty. If your aim is off, you're going to lose every time.

I came to his stream a couple years ago to learn some quake but ended up learning how to be a man. It was surreal talking to him at quakecon in 2017, I doubt he remembers me he meets people that he's inspired every day and he said one time that it's one of the many things that even made him reconsider showing esports to his son, even if there's no future in it, as he used to think in the past.

Attached: 1538603384359.webm (469x521, 26K)

arena just like fighting games will never die you stupid zoomer

Attached: 1555072909526.jpg (600x900, 71K)

People underestimate the importance of aim in Quake a lot.
A common trope is that "Rapha has shit aim but he's such a genius he always wins".
The truth is that his aim is really fucking good, he's on point and he rarely fucks up. Clawz / Tox might have some good rail shots or LG accuracy, but they are not even consistent with it and their aim can vary from map to map.

Dota > shooters.
Dota is a far more complex game with far more intelligent and skilled players.
esportsearnings.com/players
It's only natural that Dotards are also the richest chads.

Attached: puppey.jpg (999x900, 308K)

clawz is a CA baby and toxic is autistic, they are both the epitome of all aim no brain, what are you even on about?

Attached: 1556912476260.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

Just call them 'The Dark Souls of First Person Shooters'.

>moba fags
just go

Susie's still at it, huh?

>moba

Attached: 14455283725710 (1).webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>brainlet fps fag
You will never even come close to be able to comprehend some scraps of Dota.
You are genetically inferior to any mid-skilled Dota players and high skilled Dota players are literally beyond your 2 digits IQ.

Touche.
youtube.com/watch?v=4BfhyVKH9xA

Some SC gooks actually tried to switch to Dota and failed miserably. Because you need very high IQ to be able to play Dota which is a super-team based game and your mindless pointless clicking is useless there.

Attached: DxcdbMdXcAA3ihL.jpg orig.jpg (1620x1565, 381K)

This really, faggots and discord trannies think that if they set themselves to no hud and flick their mouses like their bodypillows clits, they might just be as MLG Pro, cause it's so "easy".

You don't just be good at something, you become good at it, and that takes more skill and self worth that any of you retards will ever have in your lives. It's why we're all here posting on Yea Forums, dumbasses.

also

fucking retarded bait, mate

Attached: 1531076626878.jpg (680x662, 34K)

>Because you need very high IQ to be able to play Dota

Attached: 1555690687536.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Yeah because item timing isn't skill, weapon selection isn't skill, movement isn't skill, prediction isn't skill, positioning isn't skill, map control isn't skill...

amazing video, thanks for sharing it

i never thought I would hear about painkiller again

QC is the only thing keeping the genre from being 100% dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

>I think champs are great
Said no one ever

hey, thanks for making me aware of arena shooters! im going to keep a lookout for the genre now

There should be a good selection at your nearest graveyard.

how have i never heard of these games before?!

Arena shooters are gay and plain.
Keep trying to hype up counting to thirty and camping the red armor while exploiting some stupid acceleration bug by strafing to go a bit faster while you spam explosives. They're never coming back.
Try something that takes actual skill and practice to get good at intended mechanics like Rocket League.

>Try something that takes actual skill and practice to get good at intended mechanics like Rocket League.
The thread is dead, man, no need to keep trying to bait

Attached: bait.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

claiming that only aiming takes skill is absurd

>play an FPS
>be worse at shooting people
>still expect to win

Attached: 1489707766168.jpg (500x375, 72K)

>assuming that positioning, prediction, weapon selection, map control, etc. is something that anyone can do

it doesn't matter how good you are at aiming if you keep getting outsmarted like a retard

lol kill yourself zoomer

Tbqh there is nothing more pathetic than someone going "1v1 me faggot" in a team based game. Your kd means nothing if you dont play the objective/with your team.

why i never play team-based games and gamemodes, teams is a level of randomness i don't want to deal with

then you may like arena shooters actually, deathmatch/ffa(free for all) is the main gamemode

there is so much more to do in arena shooters than just "shoot people"

if the only thing you can do is shoot people, you're going to get raped hardcore

there's a reason people who are good at arena shooters are good at other shooters and not the other way around

Vastly superior to Q3. It's ironic because UT4 is vastly inferior to UT2k4. Take off your nostalgia-goggles, hombre.

Attached: quake champions - simpsons.jpg (1200x900, 985K)

>quake needs aim and strategy
Mostly aim, though. You can dominate players with very little or no sense of strategy if your aim is superior. This is why I actually prefer more casualized and assymetric shooters these days. It makes the competition a bit more complex and interesting than test of whose hardware and aim is faster.

Attached: drogoz splash.jpg (1920x630, 136K)

Attached: 1555955941879.png (936x724, 34K)

>aesthetics don't matter
Go jerk off to your abstract tron maps then, gay.

Attached: sorlag cartoony.jpg (840x897, 288K)

UT is like the the smash bros of arena shooters. Its much more fun to play with friends and the more serious you get about it, the bigger of a dweeb you look.

Are you seriously implying Q3 isn't full of waifus? Crash, Hunter, Slash, Mynx, and Major don't ring any bells?