Game set in the future

>game set in the future
>guns still use chemical propellants

Attached: 1530679562572.jpg (320x320, 16K)

What would they use? Magic? Cold fusion?

What else would you propose?
Our current powder-based ammunition has a number of benefits that I don't think can be easily outperformed without some hand-wavey scifi bullshit

>game is set in the future with dozens of alien races running rampant
>they all speak English

Attached: 1553428333436.jpg (550x422, 35K)

>game is set even further into the future
>they all speak Chinese

would probably still be cost efficient

I like cowboy bebop tier future settings where space travel is very new to humanity and weaponry is still mostly primitive. Very preferable to muh space empires and lasers.

lasers nibba

Attached: 1554107083637.jpg (1200x670, 132K)

How will lasers propel a bullet?

what bullet? you're using a laser

Magnet i guess.

>put on mirror armor

Your laser is now worthless

>game set in the future
>guns still use chemical propellants

Attached: 1537447713105.png (976x854, 1015K)

chemically propelled kinetic energy weapons might well never be surpassed for personal weapons. Larger ships may use magneticly accelerated kinetic energy weapons. directed energy is an inefficient meme that will never be used for more than point defense. big rock is strongest

>games set in the future
>lasers
>still you need to fucking reload and collect ammo
>it's a fucking sequel to a game without ammo and reloads
>either gamers were too stupid to accept there are no reload button or devs were too supid to keep difficulty without conveniently placed ammo clips
>probably both

Attached: anger.jpg (900x640, 465K)

>game is set in the future
>the French still exist

Attached: Lindy gun.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

Those were heat sinks, not ammo user

I don’t like ammo in shooters. Why couldn’t mass effect 2 and 3 use the system they made for me1?

>play ME1
>guns are like tiny railguns that shave tiny chunks off metal and launch it out the end using crazy techno shit
>since they shave small chunks off a metal block for ammo they have unlimited ammo because that metal chunk will last for years

>ME2 comes along
>fuck, we need to give the guns ammo......uhhhh, lets just make all the guns overheat now so you have to swap magazine-er I mean radiators.

Attached: retard alert.gif (493x342, 480K)

>game is set in the future
>the French still exist
>the anglo doesn't

Attached: melenchon.jpg (534x267, 21K)

>game set in the future
>the French and the Anglos are all brown

Attached: 1535048551390.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>in the future
>enemies all have lasers
>set off bombs that make huge clouds of smoke or water vapor that fuck up lasers and render the beams harmless

Attached: cheeeen.gif (240x135, 2.79M)

Railguns

Alright, okay. I assume we are talking about handheld guns here.
Lasers are decent, but have some notable deficiencies when compared to powder-based.
1) They require an external (to the "projectile") power source. With current tech, a sufficient power source will be large and/or heavy. Not something you want on a gun. With future tech, the size and weight could be cut down, but the power of the laser will still be proportional to the size/weight of the power source. You will also need to carry extra power sources, or a way to recharge depleted ones.

2) Lasers don't carry any appreciable kinetic energy. The damage caused by the laser will be constrained to burning damage, or maybe local ionization. To make it powerful enough to burn a hole through someone, the power source must again be increased in size/weight.

3) Lasers are inherently subject to technical issues related to heat, electromagnetism, and physical damage. This is due to their relatively delicate electrical components and need for precision optics.

Powder based ballistic ammunition, on the other hand, has some notable benefits.
1) Ammunition is self-contained. The gun is just a conduit for the ammo. Simply bring enough ammo with you and you're good. No extra logistics required

2) Bullets carry significant kinetic energy with them, allowing them to burst through walls, and severely fuck up organic tissue. This is possible with just a tiny amount of explosive powder. More powder means more energy, which can be easily accomplished.

3) The guns themselves are physically durable, and easily disassembled/maintained by the end user.

>game set in the future
>people aren't just an uniform one colored mix of current races

This retarded faggot has such a punchable face.

A good alternative. See above. Rail guns combine the benefits of laser and powder-based weapons. However, due to the sheer electrical power required to really produce enough kinetic energy to cause significant damage at a distance, you will need a large power source. This may be ideal for vehicle-mounted or stationary weapon systems, but I have a hard time believing it is viable for hand-held weapons, even with futuristic power sources.

>throw dust in the air
wow great gun you have their

What if you shot a high velocity projectile to clear the air channel and then shoot the laser after it.

>thread set in the future
>op is still a massive fucking faggot

Attached: 1547162850006.png (706x579, 171K)

>shoot bullet then laser after
why not just shoot TWO bullets

>game set in the future
>people have become an uniform mix of brown mutts and regressed back to the middle ages, living in the ruins of past civilization
>technology is like magic to them and nobody can use the machines left behind
>except in Japan which has isolated itself and kept its racial purity
>the savages consider the Japanese as gods when they fly out with their scifi planes and blow shit up for fun

>game is set 100-200 years into the future right after the discovery of interstellar travel
>suddenly there's sapient ayyliens everywhere
>every other solar system has at least 1 lush paradise planet brimming with life

Attached: 1556910246724.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Directed energy weapons will never be handheld, not unless there's a massive leap in battery tech that makes them a gazillion times stronger.

Neither will rail guns.

Some lasers are already around that can debilitate personnel, but these have already been deemed unethical and they're actually shitty weapons.

You'll be able to get plasma on a jeep, and that's about it.

>Game set in the future
>Americans are renowned thieves due to their ability to blend with the dark

Attached: 352412.gif (100x100, 26K)

god i wish human girls were real

>plasma
Doesnt that shit disperse too much too quickly in the air? You would need some way of making it stick together enough for it to actually travel a significant distance, let alone the hundreds of meters.

Basically everything in this post.
In most laser speculation I've read, ship-mounted lasers use hundreds of kilowatts and hold on the projectile for a period to destroy it. It is estimated that to effectively kill a personell target instantly with pass-through damage, a laser would need about 2 megawatts of energy, or about the daily output of a fucking coal factory.
Also there's thermal bloom.

Plasma doesn't disperse is there's a medium holding it. Lasers disperse much more actually.

>fire """""arowws"""

>game is set in WWII
>the Spandau is better than the Bren

>game is set in 2019
>cars are still not flying

>only holds 20 bullets
Nice “”””””””machine gun”””””””” lmao

>Game set in the future
>People still use forks, sticks or -lmao- their bare fingers
>They still sleep in beds
>Etc
Sometimes you can't get much better than what you already have.

Dune has the objective best of both worlds where both lasers and ballistic have their uses, with lasers being objectively superior unless the enemy you're shooting at has a Holtzman shield in which case you're probably super fucked.

>Holtzman shield
That's why you always keep a knife on your belt.

Attached: 20180818171632_1.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

>game set in the future
>jews still exist

Attached: 1535481100254.png (500x375, 159K)

>future
>sleep isn't cured yet

yeah right

Hell no.KE is much stronger than heat.A power source strong enough to power a laser that can kill humans can be used to build a railgun that will be 1000x more efficient.