Will we ever get a sequel to these hidden gems?

Will we ever get a sequel to these hidden gems?
I was a JRGP-starved Gamecube owner so my perspective might be skewed but I really enjoyed these games a lot.
From what I remember, Origins bombed particularly hard, even by Gamecube standards, which is a shame because I think it's easily one of the best JRPGs of that generation.

Attached: bk.jpg (700x525, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9dym6rRqNY
youtube.com/watch?v=hWbhB1iMjB0
youtube.com/watch?v=xyXIN_A8vOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=st555yip50o
youtube.com/watch?v=E_8kKRMKjpk
youtube.com/watch?v=QwtCal885IM
youtube.com/watch?v=P-wh8EQ08A0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I was a JRGP-starved Gamecube owner so my perspective might be skewed
No, not really, as an old idort. GameCube has only very few JRPGs, but the ones it had were literally one of if not the best of that generation, funnily enough, and Baten Kaitos definitely counts to them, alongside Skies of Arcadia, Symphonia, Paper Mario and Lost Kingdoms.

PS2 games were criminally overrated, especially its JRPGs. Final Fantasy was trash, Dragon Quest VIII was boring as fuck with the most annoying random encounters you will EVER see, Persona overrated dating sim and like the others a generic turn-based combat whereas the GameCube JRPGs actually had decent gimmicks.

Origins sucks, though, only the original is good.

>Origins sucks, though, only the original is good.
Origins improved on the original in every single way.

Only if you are a drooling retard, though.

>music is literally shit when the original had a 10/10 OST
>not a single new track that comes remotely close to Limpidly Flow or Tower build on Sand
>literally 99% rehashed, just repurposing all the locations of the first game, which automatically makes it a shit game since it offers nothing new
>combat literally got rid of unique cards, which were the only satisfying thing about it
>backtracking out of hell

Did someone say H I D D E N G E M S?

Attached: screenshot.199001070.jpg (393x490, 142K)

Did you even play the game?
Virtually nothing you just said is true.

Chill out, no need to insult people for preferences on an already niche set of games.
>combat literally got rid of unique cards, which were the only satisfying thing about it
I actually grew to like the combined decks in Origin. It made fights quick and snappy, which was definitely not the case in Baten Kaitos. It did lose some depth of options, since it didn't operate on an odd form of Poker rules, but I had a lot of fun with it.

I really dug both games, so I'm going to do what I can to hold this impression. Negativity on the internet came make a man hate things he dearly loved.

The best part of Origins was the battle commentator guy shouting LEVEL 3, LEVEL 4, LEVEL 5!!!! MP BURST!!! while epic music played in the background.

>DQ8 boring
The first 5 hours are really slow like most jrpgs, but the game picks up when you get Angelo and things go crazy until Dhoulmagus
>DQ8 most annoying random encounters
>saying this with SoA in the same post
Oh no you dont. I love SoA but the random encounters are also annoying there, especially around that first desert town you meet Belleza to Ixa'taka areas

I agree with you a bit, but PS2 still had the SMT games, Shadow Hearts, and Wild Arms 3 though.

The encounter rate was decreased for the GameCube. I didn't know that because I only had the GC version so that's my frame of reference. Not that user by the way.

Didn't almost every non 1st party game on the GC bomb?

Yes it was very sad.
I just want a sequel to Baten Kaitos.
The series was too good to die at 2 games.
Judging by the performance of this thread it seems that not even Yea Forumstards know about them.

When I say bombed I mean really bombed.
Origins only sold 14K during its release week.
Fucking travesty.

Sagi was an awful, AWFUL protagonist. Such bad voice acting.

We don't discuss the BK games much do to certain autis sperging over Origins. Just add it to "games you can't discuss on Yea Forums" list.

>not playing it undub

At least these games actually took half a brain to play. It boggles my mind that Tales of Symphonia, the most generic and brainless RPG ever made is remembered more fondly than BK.

Sagi could have got an oscar for voice acting compared to Kalas

Honne wants to make another BK and monolithsoft just opened it's fifth(?) studio. So it's all depend on whether Namco let them make another game or not

>the most generic and brainless RPG ever
That would be Skies of Arcadia

Is Baten Kaitos the only JRPG series with actually good guitar solos?

>want to use brawler in my party
>ends up being worst girl

Attached: bk-savyna1.jpg (350x800, 52K)

SoA doesn't at the same time incentivize you to explore a big overworld, though.

Are you a retard? Literally everything I said is true lol I would understand it if you just disagreed with me and we could agree to disagree, but you are literally delusional.

>hurr only if ur a retard
>are u a retard
>retard retard retard
>u retard
Not an argument.

>At least these games actually took half a brain to play.
They have some amazing level design and puzzles. I think all Tales of has is pushing blocks, though that's still better than today's Tales of level design

Attached: Monolith Soft Baten Kaitos.jpg (2200x1242, 2.14M)

How much money is Origins these days? I got the first game, never got the second, since the Wii was coming out around the same time.

This is why I never even bothered playing the second game despite loving the first one. Why did they gut the deck-building aspect like that?

Your first two points were completely subjective though. You thinking the music was shit doesn't just make it true.

Well it's a cult classic that bombed on a somewhat unsuccessful system so....not cheap.
You'll probably have to pay at least $55, probably up to $70

It's still a corridors simulator, but atleast BK had pretty and artsty corridors. Tales of has nothing going for it. But Xenoblades games spoiled me, I can't go back to such jrpgs, I want big seamless explorable areas, or big overworld maps with secrets and shit to find like Skies of Arcadia

Attached: 1552255783922.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

>Why did they gut the deck-building aspect like that?
They didn't really gut it, they changed it.
The combat system and deck construction in Origins offered lots of depth.

I know, I already made my argument. It rehashed BK1 to death, all its locations are in the game and get rehashed, the music is worse and nothing comes close to the best tracks in 1, unique cards are gone, which were the most satisfying and motivating thing about the card system, and frankly, it's a fucking origins story, those are always a bit shitty, we know how everything ends and that the good guys win ffs.

ALSO, it literally even takes a huge shit on some character development in the original and makes characters like Geldoblame appear like merely a cunning gay dude when he was actually supposed to be the most unabashed, vile, degenerate, reprobate display of all sins under the sun in BK1, literally a demon. He was literally even hinted to be a pedophile in BK1 and in Origins he's just some generic crafty guy.

>It's still a corridors simulator, but atleast BK had pretty and artsty corridors.
There's more to level design than just corridors or no corridors. The 2D puzzle and throwback to that classic game was a cooler puzzle than everything in 99% of JRPGs.

Attached: GKBPAF-4.png (1588x892, 2.57M)

>look it up
>price from $99-130
Well, I guess I’m not getting Origins.

I liked Sagi and thought he was nice and likable.
Also this:

>they didn't bin dive for GC games when the Wii came out

Attached: AmishOutlaws_circle_laugh200dpi.jpg (600x400, 49K)

>all its locations are in the game and get rehashed
Literally untrue, there were lots of original locations in Origins and the rehashes were interesting to see.
>music is worse
Disagree
>unique cards are gone
Factually untrue.
>origins stories are shitty
Disagree.
>shits on character development b/c muh geldoblame isn't exactly the same as he was before
Do you have autism? What you just described is literally character development.

Skies of Arcadia had a good sense of adventure, and while I did not play long in to it, I could appreciate that.

GameCube was pretty shit in hindsight, the best selling game on the console only sold 7 million copies

I bought it day one when it first came out lol.

What? You explore the fucking skies and bottom parts of the world to find discoveries

We really need ports of these games.

Well, while I agree it's a bit subjective, I'm still an objectivist and you can clearly tell when music is shit or that ACDC is better than Jaden Smith.

youtube.com/watch?v=i9dym6rRqNY

Go ahead, though, find me anything in Origins that's better than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWbhB1iMjB0

youtube.com/watch?v=xyXIN_A8vOQ

youtube.com/watch?v=st555yip50o

youtube.com/watch?v=E_8kKRMKjpk

It's by far Sakuraba's best OST.

>he didn't even post the best BK track
youtube.com/watch?v=QwtCal885IM

>Literally untrue, there were lots of original locations
Wouldn't say lots, and none of them looked anywhere as good as the original locations. There is a reason they rehashed them.

>and the rehashes were interesting to see.
>literally copypasted
>"interesting to see"
Yeah right.

>Disagree
Braindead

>Do you have autism? What you just described is literally character development.
I'm just telling you how they dropped the ball on one of the main characters who was literally supposed to be pure embodied revulsion. He is literally fucking charismatic in Origins.

Kys already, kek

Quirky and unique but nowhere near the quality of what I posted.

>I'm just telling you how they dropped the ball on one of the main characters who was literally supposed to be pure embodied revulsion. He is literally fucking charismatic in Origins.
He changed.
I know, that's hard for those afflicted with autism to understand.

>slow, wailing violin track #272582
yawn

Yes it is hard to understand for people with a brain. Adult people don't just magically "change", especially not to such an extent.

Actually a great life lesson and can make a lot of things a lot easier for you once you got that down.

There was nothing "magic" about it. He was a young man in Origins and subsequently had experiences that shaped him.
I'm bailing on the thread now you might actually be legit autistic.

I wonder if it was intentional that it looked like Ayme was dancing to the music whenever you fought her.

Attached: baten-kaitos-ayme-1.jpg (570x800, 64K)

Comfiest village in vidya

Attached: GKBPAF-80.png (1628x916, 2.23M)

I liked the first one. Is Origins okay?

Most people regard it as the superior game.
It's quite expensive though.

You guys have your whopper today in BK?

Attached: L65DRW6OLE65ZKQ3EEIC3DIJLI.jpg (1484x835, 149K)

>There was nothing "magic" about it. He was a young man in Origins and subsequently had experiences that shaped him.
And I'm telling you as someone with a psychology phD that adult people don't change, your brain reached maturity, your big five have consolidated, neuroplasticity almost completely stops after the age of 25 and we aren't malleable anymore. There is wisdom and experience, but we're talking personality here, you don't become nasty and stop being charismatic and discover a lust for little children or playing with puppets in a dress because of a stroke of fate in your 40s...

You retarded muppet. Origins is a shitty cashgrba.

Trigger warning next time you shit.

I the combat faster? I hated it in Baten Kaitos when near the end of the game every party member and EVERY monster can play a deck of like 8 cards.

I hate waiting in combat.

wut?

>I hated it in Baten Kaitos when near the end of the game every party member and EVERY monster can play a deck of like 8 cards.

Not to mention bosses towards the end usually got two turns in a row. So that's waiting for them to play 15+ cards, on top of your party's turns. Baten Kaitos had some interesting ideas, but I get the impression they REALLY did not take into consideration the endgame when designing the battle system.

Yea the combat is faster.
All the characters share a deck.
They still use individual weapon cards as equips and their own specials but they share basic attack cards, which now go up incrementally. There's a fun combo and MP burst system.
Here's some spoiler free gameplay footage.
youtube.com/watch?v=P-wh8EQ08A0

Origins had much faster and more challenging combat actually.

Yah that was good, the generic cards still took a huge shit on it though.