It's finally cool to hate sekiro yet?

It's finally cool to hate sekiro yet?

Attached: 1553411378192.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

I like it

Everyone's entitled to their opinion if they like it or not. Personally I love it even though its not as deep as Souls or Bloodborne, but it reminds me of old school Tenchu so much.

It won't ever be, because it's a solid 9.5/10

It's From's best title to date.

If you are a twitter check mark or you hate those toxic gamers, it’s been cool since the first article bitching about the game’s difficulty dropped.

Attached: 75C27305-411D-4AC0-A596-FB3017F0A28F.jpg (750x1031, 433K)

only because late bloomers are just hitting the casual filters and realizing they can't spam r1 and dodge everything

It's the worst game fromsoft has made since the ps2
Nioh is the superior samurai souls

Attached: IMG_1753.jpg (1024x1041, 191K)

Based

Cringe. They’re both great games.

I haven’t played it, but I’ll get around to it. I’ve been on the FromSoft hype train since the release of Demons Souls. I’m glad they tried something different firstly with Bloodborne and now Sekiro. I’m not sure if I can stomach another game similar to DeS/DaS/DaS2/DaS3. Miyazaki is at his best when he has the liberty to innovate and try bold new projects, not cooped up and forced to capture his thunder in a bottle over and over again.

i dont think its a bad game but i just feel no urge to play it whatsoever
i cleared up to MY NAME man and then did the whole dream up to lady butterfly and i just dont feel the urge to go back and keep playing
wierd im usually super obsessive over these sorts of games

>Parry based combat system
It was trash the second it was announced

>up to
so you didn't finish either boss

nigga you ain't even a quarter into the game lmao

Playing Sekiro made me realize what a half-assed piece of shit Nioh was.

Do people unironically enjoy Dark Souls style PVP?

It literally never worked. It was always, ALWAYS, a lag fest, back stab phishing, run-away fest. Or it was some faggot invading who was doing some kind of low level instant-kill build or some gay meta meme build. That's all it ever was. That's what every single PVP match was. Or it was a "honorable duel".

I am glad Sekiro didn't have PVP and I honestly never wanted DS1-3 to have it either. I would rather them take out PVP in every new game they do (if it's a DS/BB/Sekiro style game) to focus on the single player content or even enhance the co-op style online components.

>he sucks at parrying

nioh has better combat, sekiro has better everything else

Cringe. Sekiro is shit.

Attached: From does it again.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Is it normal that I found Isshin Ashina harder than SS Isshin?

>NOOOOOOOO MUH R1+CIRCLE NOOOOO THIS GAME CANT HAVE MORE ACTION STOP REEE
just go back to souls

Some people like me liked pvp for invading. I didn’t care about honorable duels, I just liked to invade and kill people.

>missing that telegraphed as fuck attack
OHNONONONOHAHAHAHAHA

but that sonic IS the changed design that goes against the original artistic vision

git gud

no, ashina is easier just two hp bars

no i killed both of them
i know, thats the point im making, i feel no urge to play at all

Absolutely a 10/10 game. Coming from someone who has 100% all of From's titles, this is their best yet.

Attached: 20190503_040623.jpg (2663x981, 1.39M)

You could be a parrying master and it would be still trash

>oh noooooooo a proactive combat system

It's utter shit compared to Tenchu, that's the problem. The stealth and grappling hook are far more primitive than what was in a PS1 game.

it is a proactive combat system if you don't suck at parrying
oh well, sucks for you then huh

Fromshitware games were always shit

>Better gameplay, better level design, better story, better characters, 10 times as much content as sekiro
>half assed
Go play a sony cinematic experience if you want muh graphics and atmosphere you dumbass plebeian

Emma's portion of the fight last longer than Gen's. Not that any of them gave me issues. Ashina gave me way more issues, his ichi, one mind really tested your parry timing. Healing was a luxury due to the smaller arena.

Also SS last HP3 is a piece of cake due to lightning reversal. Well that was what I found harder about Ashina than SS.

It's a beautiful game with so much soul and love put into the characters.

Attached: IMG_a62d8a7b-ea5a-4a21-b958-e7be993151fe.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

>better story, better characters
>cries about cinematics
Are you retarded?

>it is a proactive combat system
It isn't though. Just hitting the attack button constantly doesn't make it proactive because you're never actually trying to circumvent their guard, you're just hitting their sword to bait out the move after they deflect.

Nioh absolutely fucking did NOT have the better story or character. Half the time you didn't know what was going on UNLESS you know Sengoku history.

also after this fight you get best combat art in game

>sekiro dies in two hits to every enemy
>sekiro needs to hit every enemy 50 times to kill them
Just how weak is this fucking guy?

Attached: 897.jpg (1280x1440, 384K)

>fromdrones don't see broken hitboxes and retarded tracking
>le epic git gud meme XD

Attached: radio active waste.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

>Better gameplay, better level design, better story, better characters
>Nioh
Pick one

Attached: 1556662506058.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

but you can't just spam r1 at everything to bait out an attack dumbass, that only works with basic trash mobs

How far in are you, user? Be honest.

I just beat Shura on NG, don't really want to start NG+2 yet.

You sound like you're from 2013, to be desu. PvP is fun.

Attached: Harald Curved Sword vs dex fag.webm (720x480, 2.87M)

Fromdrones go on and on about muh lore and now muh story and cutscenes with sekiro
>A story intended for japs who know their history is bad because i'm too stupid to read about the late sengoku period for five seconds to know who the main guys are

It works on literally every humanoid with weapon fight in the game, which is just about every fight in the game, up until and including Isshin. You get your hit, spam R1 until they deflect, then deflect or dodge their counterattack, and that's all you do in the entire fucking game.

ok now show me another webm with le broken mechanic xdDD... oh you cant

I hope you played without kuro charm + demon bell
NG with kuro charm is just boring

You're so full of shit. Go into Ashina Castle right now and start spamming R1. Let's see you beat the ministry agents with that strat.
Let's see that webm, user.

Sekiro is garbage you dumb nigger

Attached: sekiro stealth.webm (960x544, 2.94M)

It is not a good story being it puts a lot of burden on the player to know their history or they will get completely loss. Sekiro meanwhile has a more friendly story that anyone can enjoy.

He said spam R1 and deflect or dodge, which is the optimum strategy.
But what is your point? It's fun to put pressure on enemies in this way and deflect when they try to fight back. You're pretty much showing off your skill in their face and they get fucked. It's like DMC except straight to the point of killing.

How is spamming R1 good when they can poise through it?

>stealth
nobody care about this shit options in this game user
show me bad things in combat
only ogre have gimmick grab

>"Attacking and defending is the optimal strategy!"
Truly remarkable insight

Grab hitboxes in from games has always been garbage.

>You get your hit, spam R1 until they deflect, then deflect or dodge their counterattack, and that's all you do in the entire fucking game.
>ashina seven spears
>purple ninjas
your tactics work but not on everything

You said:
>Go into Ashina Castle right now and start spamming R1
Which ignores deflecting. Of course he'd get fucked.
Eventually they'll attack, you deflect, and you take down a lot of posture.

My point is that I don't think that's proactive because you can't create openings or do anything interesting on offense. "Pressuring" in Sekiro is really just baiting out an attack that the game lets you punish, which isn't any different from the shuffle you do in Souls do bait out attacks at certain ranges.

Compare that to pressure in like a fighting game, where you're actively creating openings because you're trying to break your opponents' guard or get them to wrongblock. In either case there's thought in how you have to do offense and you actively circumvent their guard.

Sekiro doesn't have that. Nominally this is what the thrust attack seems like it's supposed to be for, but I never got to use it for that purpose. Hell, Owl even fucking punishes you for trying which is retarded.

It's not like DMC at all. DMC at least has you breaking guards if you hit blocking enemies enough.

Have you tried it on those guys? It's much easier than actually trying to deal with them at a distance. Hit their block, mikiri counter their counterable attacks. They go down to posture much faster than anything else.

>historical fantasy story bad because it's not dumbed down for lowest common denominator retards like me who don't know anything about the history

Attached: IMG_2219.gif (488x463, 60K)

>My point is that I don't think that's proactive because you can't create openings or do anything interesting on offense.
Prosthetics?
>DMC at least has you breaking guards if you hit blocking enemies enough.
But that literally happens in Sekiro. It leads to a deathblow.

It is bad because it is confusing to majority of the people you fucking retard. Both stories are basic as fuck, but only one of them requires you to have knowledge on Senguko characters/

absolutely fucking based. out these fagirotards.

>Half the time you didn't know what was going on
lol do you have ADHD or someshit?

Attached: 1553399928717.jpg (2535x1426, 646K)

Nioh had a horrible story. Get over it.

>Prosthetics?
Most of them don't really let you create openings either. Maybe the axe which I didn't realize use because it seemed way too slow. Fireworks did but they're pretty stupid because it gets you like, a hit. The best prosthetic in the entire game is, unsurprisingly in this combat system, defensive: the umbrella is ridiculous and trivializes a bunch of fights. But again, not proactive.

>But that literally happens in Sekiro. It leads to a deathblow.
Posture's not what I mean because posture is essentially the enemy's actual health, and it's what makes you have to keep up this stupid idle R1 on guard thing. A deathblow isn't what I'd call circumventing guard.

cuckiro has no story. get over it.

I honestly had more fun with Sekiro. This is coming from someone who bought the PS4 nioh version and played all the way to Way of Nioh.

Someone didn't invest in Prosthetic skills. Chasing Slice makes shurikens way better than the umbrella.

>story bad cuz it no appeal to retards like me

Attached: IMG_8501.png (679x769, 58K)

I played both game and I had no problem understanding either story. But there is nothing in Nioh's story that made it stand out.

should i get lazulite shuriken?

>Most of them don't really let you create openings either.
Shurikens, man. Spears, too.

None of the lazulite upgrades are that much better since the main point of shuriken is to knock people out of the air.

Still better than Sekiro, fromsoft trying to do story was a mistake, Armored Core did it right by pretty much not having one.

>It is bad because it is confusing to majority of retards
>russian cinema is bad because you need to know russian culture to get it
>american comedies are bad because most of the world don't get the jokes
Enlightening

>cringe

Every character is boring an bland. Only the waifu is somewhat ok because of reasons. The rest is DaS 3 tier.

it was always shit

>Everyone's entitled to their opinion
nigger

>nioh
>story

Attached: 1522429420663.gif (645x773, 41K)

Nioh is boring as fuck

Yes. It has a higher barrier of entry but offered nothing special in return in terms of story.

I actually played both games. Unlike you fags who probably just pirated Nioh and didn't play Sekiro at all.

Attached: Nioh.jpg (1610x1065, 554K)

Not an argument
Only if you're a dumb nigger.

Nioh is boring, there i said it!

Personally it's my favorite fromsoft game. But you do you op

Trying to hard to like it, just passed generic Jap location #5. When trying to back to find something I have to look it up because everywhere looks the fucking same. Bosses are meh to ok at best really, nothing exciting, there is no way anyone has beaten any of the hard ones 1st time because of the amount of damage you take per hit. Souls, you could smash a tough boss first time if you were confident in your build which was an amazing feeling.

7/10 now back BB2.

Why do people want a BB2? The game is conclusive. Has the DS trilogy taught you nothing?

>DS2 is shit
>But we want BB2
????

Are you actually saying DS2 is on par with BB? Fucking hell lad.

I know that, doesn't mean there can't be another game like it set somewhere else. Gameplay wise it is still way beyond Sekiro desu. Go back and play BB after beating Sekiro and it's like a breath of fresh air.

Bloodborne 2 would be a mistake but i also want more bloodborne, like a big 40 hour long mega DLC for it.

DS is on par with BB moron.
DS2 is in comparison to BB2 if BB2 happens

what other setting should fromsoft explore next?

Fucking hell that logic is so strange. Are you ok user? You can compare them out of sequence you know, autist.

Swamps

DS was good.
DS2 was shit.
BB was good
BB2 ????

have sex, cringesel

I still can't decide if my favorite fight is SS Isshin or Owl 2 desu.

Dude, different teams and all sorts. In that logic do you never buy the 2nd game or watch the 2nd film in a series? Wew

>medieval europe
>gothic eastern europe
>feudal japan
Another european setting?

Attached: 1555834952791.jpg (890x1024, 134K)

Is he ok?

Space opera

From has shown they cannot do a proper followup. BB is already a complete story why the fuck do you want to build onto that world? Then you will get shit like DS2 or at best DS3 where it is REMEMBER THIS FROM DS1?

No fucking thanks. Give us a new setting.

Post apocalyptic megacorp war with giant robots

Attached: 1512399825197.jpg (1280x720, 549K)

Monkey time is over, son.

Attached: monke fight.jpg (1280x800, 118K)

cowboys

Being a shitter is never cool.

noted.

If you're a blue checkmark, sure. Legit criticism beyond "muh difficulty" is fine tho. Sekiro would have been better as a boss rush game. The stealth mechanics/sections ran in opposition to the excellent combat mechanics. The RPG skill tree was 80% useless. As was ressurection, which felt like a gimmick to justify lore things. Due to the way posture and HP work, groups of enemies are far too tedious to fight. The difficulty curve didn't rise steadily with character power but due to the open world design, jumped around like a roller coaster, ranging from brick wall to kiddie pool from one boss to the next. It honestly just needed slimming down to put a laser focus on solo combat and bosses.

Any grab has this issue, the guardian ape is probably the worst for it though

The ape will revive thanks to the centipide inside of him.

I've just finished Sekiro, user!
Took me about 50 hours for an about 100% (aside from grinding all the skills and ignoring the final prosthetic upgrades that require NG+) NG run, which is less than DS1 (90 hours with DLC), and DS3 (70 hours without DLC). It was pretty fun, though.
I've asked the game countless times "how do I deal damage?" only to realise during the final boss all the damage was in Mortal Draw which I didn't use because it costed marks. Oh well.

A great game to piss me off with all the shitty "oh, I'm staggered!" animations, buffers, and delays. Felt harder than DS but the playtime suggests it wasn't. At least I felt like I did about the same amount of shit if not more in Sekiro compared to DS1 or 3.
Overall, liked the game a lot, will buy the sequel if it's ever to be released.

AMA, user.

>my opinion is fact

I'm not sure whether to call you a Jew or a faggot

They should not make Souls Clone #7 if the anticipation for their next game can be reduced to a "setting". That's some Ass Creed-tier shovelware.

Attached: 1556836931874.png (289x289, 192K)

I beat owl first try. Is he considered hard?

Nah you're a cunt.

nice blogpost fag

>if it's ever to be released
it won't be released

Attached: cuckiro metacritic.png (1944x1322, 624K)

Mad cause bad

>gothic eastern europe
wot

Sekiro is a great game but it used up resources that could have gone towards Armored Core Six so it's trash

Japanese games all suck, Sekiro is bad, people only play it because they think it's patrician and want to boast about completing a challenge, but in reality it's utter pleb trash and a waste of time

Attached: 1542944852200.png (645x773, 11K)

this is it chief

Literally how. I never got grabbed once by ape but was grabbed repeatedly by Kevin Ogre

the grab where the ape jumps in the air and rolls down has an insanely terrible hitbox, if you dodge round behind him and are nowhere near him when he lands you still get teleported infront of him is youre close enough

Is there a way for Sekiro (the character) to know who the Demon of the Hatred was?

My problem is that aside from the combat and bosses which are fine like always, the game looks and feels barebones, like it had a really rushed development cycle. I finished it but dont really have the desire to play it again, and I wasnt left thinking about the game after it ended the way I do with titles I really enjoy. I started playing Nioh again and its simply a better experience imo. Also I'm tired of Froms storytelling being the same impressionist dreamworld shit in every game. It didnt fit in Sekiro

pls respond

There's no way this isn't a publicity stunt. You don't completely redo the design of your leading character and make all of the CGI again from scratch AFTER releasing a trailer with only 6 months left before release.
The design of the character in the trailer was 100% intended to generate interest.

>pls respond
He knows as you know
What's the question

He gets literally asked "Did you know who that was?" and answers "No" to that. Is there a way for him to answer "Yes"?

Tsutomu Nihei Souls

Attached: 1391111664809.jpg (1400x1100, 383K)

These people I am convinced are literally insane. This guy has been steaming, fucking STEAMING, about being told a game wasn’t for him for 2 months, and as soon as he saw that trailer he IMMEDIATELY thought about the evil gamers who dared to tell him he was wrong, and IMMEDIATELY assumed the exact same group of shitposting git gud fags were the ones crying about the sonic movie.

Just imagine living like this. Imagine letting these things completely take over your mind every single day, just the slightest things making you this much of an obsessive crybaby.

They aren't going to completely redo anything i don't think, they will probably just make some alterations to the model and minimal edits to the rigs to fix any issues that pop up. Most of the work is gonna be in post.

I couldn't beat Genichiro, and then I gave it to my brother, and he couldn't beat Isshin. It's a cool game but it's too hard for me so I'm going to sell it.

At least you gave it a try user, but it's worth knowing that these games aren't something that people are just "good at" from the first life. The game is difficult in a way which everybody is capable of overcoming if they play long enough and learn the fundamentals. So when you say
>I couldn't beat Genichiro
What you mean is just that you didn't have enough tries at Genichiro to figure the game and the boss out, so you gave up before overcoming it. If you're not a literal brainlet you're capable of getting good enough to beat these games, it just isn't something that happens without dying a large number of times.

The endings make it kino

Abyss Souls

Attached: 1543504335833.jpg (770x285, 91K)

Nioh would have been superior if they didn't nerf the fucking difficulty after the Alpha. I will never not be pissed about that- they fucking ruined the game.

Unlike you contrarians, I never liked it in the first place

nioh has shit story and level design but the gameplay is absolutely better. It's like a slower paced ninja gaiden, how in the fuck does ninja gaiden combat, even if a bit slower, not make it superior than anything from has done? Are people on Yea Forums so fucking far gone that they don't realize how masterful ninja gaiden was?

For that, you need to trigger a specific line when speaking to sculpter. Try exhausting all his dialogue, eavesdrops and sake.

>can't spam r1
>in a game where stamina doesn't exists

Attached: IMG_20190430_214013.jpg (1178x838, 82K)

Thank you, user.

dude
numbers
lmao

Learn 2 count

Attached: IMG_8297.jpg (645x729, 81K)

You will never be cool, lad, stop worrying about it.

No.

Surely

It was a very disappointing game.

The only criticism I can get behind is how FROM has removed a lot of consequences from Sekiro compared to previous games, like how you cannot kill most npc's.
It would have been more interesting if the story had shifted when killing certain important characters. Protective force fields are just lame.

SPBP

He's a manlet what do you expect

that looks fun

When the ashina idols get deactivated immediately go to the dilapidated temple and eavesdrop

ty *kisses*

game is pretty good, i would say.

Attached: sekiro.png (601x168, 67K)