Released in year 2008

>released in year 2008
>still not topped

When did they realize that PHYSIC MODEL is what made game playable, not fancy textures

Attached: iv.jpg (260x187, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnw1SAMlUrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>will

midtown madness 2 is better

Absolute ludo game. I love how much detail there is in everything.

Attached: GTA3.webm (994x560, 2.68M)

Thoughts on ICEnhancer?

>Niko
>Kino
It all makes sense.

>crowbcatshill
I hate that faggot responsible for degenerate shit like fc2>fc3 and gta4>gta5

It's probably the best game in the series for going around punching taxis and generally starting massive shitfests

kys GTA5 is garbage.

>red car is almost stopped
>guy flews out of there for no reason
yeah no

Does the steam version still have GFWL in or did they patch that out? I want to play it again but thats a giant pain

Wasn't wearing his seatbelt.

Both of those are correct though.

Funnily enough GTAIV's texture work on facial models was superior to GTAV's somehow. GTAV's npc faces are smooth and rather bare.

>correct
Sure thing
Techdemo is better than actual game. Got it
Dont be a cunt all yer life

>is able to factually demonstrate in very lengthy video - so as not to accuse cherry picking - that fc2 is technologically better and more advanced than the later released trash
>"I le hate him!"

no John, you're the one with shit taste

>technologically
>shit taste
Look who's talking. Playing in technology much? Mkay boss

>fc2

Attached: Everyone also talks at the speed of sound for some reason.jpg (921x383, 89K)

Didn't wea his seatbelt. If you wait in GTA IV you actually use the seatbelt.

technologically better and more advanced =/= better overall game

Attached: nutman.jpg (500x499, 19K)

I never played FC3 but I played FC2 at the time and it was just a bad game
they couldn't even program the combat music to play during actual firefights, instead it would play whenever you fired a bullet ffs

Bullshit. You're confusing that with the actual feature of putting on a helmet if you wait on a bike for a second

>imagine trying to make cool post only to shit yourself
YIKES

npc were superior in every way in GTAIV compared to GTAV.
Lightly tap a npc in GTAV and they collapse and bleed out
Rockstar are taking the fun out of all of their newer titles in favor of rigid story telling

Attached: kiryu kiwami.png (480x270, 205K)

GTA4 wasn't even good, get the fuck over it already.

yeah because that's totally how NPCs behave in RDR2
GTA V is a PS3 game, they obviously had to cut something to make it work on those consoles

You all have shit taste.

Last game where open world and sandbox were synonymous.

but gta5 was absolutely gimped for online features

its better in other areas, but the most important aspect of a video game is how it plays and i do not feel that it is presented disingenuously. gta5 legitimately has less physically modeled detail than gta4. it has more scripted details and a first person view.

we all know even you haven't played FC2 in 10 years and probably didn't even finish it at the time

but user, RDR2 isn't fun

It's supposed to be patched out, but when I played it recently I still had to find an Xbox live crack

Based

>it has more scripted details and a first person view.
another zoomer that thinks gta v is a ps4 game and wasn't there when it released on ps3

Ironically gta 5 physics are more realistic than 4.

embarrassing

Not as good as cryenb

another retard that thinks this wasn't a next-gen title that got gimped for the PS3/X360.
The PC/Xbone/Ps4 release was the real version.

It wasn't the physics so much as the core gameplay being better. Shooting, driving, fighting, that's all that really matters.

Except car deformation
That’s all the autists care about and I agree to a certain extent.

But people called for more Arcady driving after 4. You couldn’t really have 4 handling or destruction due to the size of V map and the speed at which you traverse

4's driving isn't realistic.

Better physics and attention to detail doesn't make a game better, but shows the extra mile the dev team went when making GTAIV. How passionate they were and how ambitious they were.
Also, GTAIV is better than GTAV.
It's a case of quality vs quantity.

GTAIV has more content, the city feels more packed, condensed, with more content and feels more alive.
GTAV by comparison, it is larger but more shallower.
I'll take GTAIV any day of the week.

I beg to differ.
I like rally games, and even though GTA 4's cars all felt like you had another car taped on top of you, at least the cars felt like they had real mass and inertia.
GTA 5's vehicles all feel like RC cars.

>gta 4 has more content
Holy shit this delusion. What the actual fuck. Was gta 4 your first game? Because it's missing so much shit that's present in SA and 5. People shat on 4 hard at release for being a shallow empty piece of shit with none of the content that made previous gta fun.

>They put more effort into 4
GTA 5 literally has different physics values for every vehicle. Meanwhile gta4 cars are all land boats.

Fuck off with your retarded MUH REALISTIC PHYSICS.

I want to have fun not fucking simulate real fucking driving,jesus you HD universe fags are cancer

Attached: tenor.gif (200x200, 56K)

It has more content. More extra activities like mini games, pool, bowling, golf.
The side missions are better too, like vigilante, ambulance and taxi missions. There is more interactivity with the map (you can even fucking pick up cigarette butts and throw at people for fuck sake)
There is more variety with the game, more stuff to do outside the main missions and the world feels like a city simulation with npcs and overall world detail showing more attention than anything in GTAV.

Only thing going for GTAV is scale. A bigger city. But it is like a large lake with the depth of a puddle.

>Was gta 4 your first game? Because it's missing so much shit that's present in SA and 5.
Not the guy you're talking to, but you sound like you haven't played SA recently.
Quantitatively SA had more content, but a lot of the quality is just looking at it through nostalgia glasses. Literally all the side content in SA is just collect-a-thons, and binary stats. Not to mention the SA map is actually absurdly tiny. Not to mention all the arcade cabinates all have the same game and dancing/lowrider minigames are identical and only have 2-3 songs.
You're allowed to like SA. I think it's kind of absurd to even try to compare it to 4 though. They're not even remotely comparable.

>car deformation is not fun
>pushing pedestrians in front of cars or making them fall off stairs is not fun

>picking up hotdogs and throwing them at police is not fun
>killing NPCs taking cover by shooting them in the foot to make them fall out of cover isn't fun

Phone port when

>but muh airplanes
>muh cinematic missions
>muh 3 insufferable characters
>muh retarded map with 2 whole cities from SA that are missing
>MUH YOGA
fuck that shit game, finished it once and never touching it again

Attached: 1507729488053.jpg (1024x576, 277K)

You should brush up on your reading comprehension user. This thread isn't about GTA 5, nor were the posts you were replying to.

Attached: 1553226183738.gif (224x233, 897K)

Gta v could have been 4 but improved but Rockstar wanted to be greedy so they didn't buy a contract with the game engine again and tried to reverse engineer it from memory.

get fucked nigger faggot

>shooting physics
>driving physics
>fighting physics

physics were a part but had little to do with the shooting and fighting, which were mostly down to sound effects, visuals and animations.

Desu the shooting in 5 is way better it feels way better in 5 due to better animations sounds weapon variety and far less spingy enemies and spongy main character

The guns in V have no power behind them and I hate the tracer round effect they all seem to have. It's like shooting paintballs.

user guns in real life dont send someone 20 feet they pierce right on through

They don't send people flying in IV either. Usually any time you see an NPC flop over is if they just died after being hit by a large round.

They stumble around stupidly instead of just fucking dropping immediately when shot in the chest also the guns sound so fucking shitty like its really bad

I think that's more to give it an action movie effect, which ironically 5 lacked.

People don't just drop on the floor if you shoot them with a crappy pistol round while they're also shooting at you. The sounds are a lot better than the shitty nerf guns from V.

The marksman rifle sounds fucking great user, and if someone is shot they either immeidietly drop or the adrenaline and shock makes them barely notice it

GTA 4 is even older on the same generation
Idiot

It's the only GTA with a gamebreaking bug that was left unpatched for 11 almost years.
youtube.com/watch?v=vnw1SAMlUrU

>>iv was shat on 24/7 on release because it wasn't as good as SA
>now that v is out, it's kino according to Yea Forumsirgins
>when vi comes out, everyone will pretend v was kino all along
hipster levels of contrarianism

Depends on the round. With your average pistol round, yes, the adrenaline will keep them going, but the force of a 5.56mm breaking through your ribs is going to either kill you or make your body jerk around if it doesn't also knock you on your ass.

Watch the video of the black guy shooting the reporter woman. That kind of thing is more like what actually happens when a person isn’t just shot in the brain

Zelda cycle

unrelated but i hate when videos have 2 different things happening at once on each side of the screen, it's literally impossible to properly follow both

You act like humans are permanent, unchanging beings.
I was 15 when IV came out. I'd be pretty horrified if my personality and opinions hadn't changed in 10 years.