Are all the games in this series worth playing?

Are all the games in this series worth playing?

Attached: mgs.jpg (800x800, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MeYbHWQrM9A
youtube.com/watch?v=I5AunfmI8bs
youtube.com/watch?v=zndcY57Tijo
mediafire.com/file/u27np1jj0bf4b7i/Mgearj.rom/file
howlongtobeat.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only the first 3 solid games

release order, and yes
MGS1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > Peace Walker > 5
Play MG1 and 2 as well, don't be a faggot.

>skipping PO
Whos the real fag user?

can't speak for anything past 4, but absolutely, the first 4 games are great, don't listen to the naysayers, 4 is a great game.

the awkward controls of the earlier games (especially 1) give them extra difficulty, but they're still fun.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

funnily enough that's also the patrician ranking order

see i knew. idiots who keep knocking on 4 because WAAAAH, you can play it like an over the shoulder shooter and buy assault rifles from a game menu EVEN THOUGH that ties into the idea of war as a self-perpetuating business the game goes into, and even deeper.

WAAAH, i want my game to be more pure stealth mgs, or whatever. fuck, you pigs don't know how to think META.

Attached: metal-gear-solid-2-classic-stealth-action-at-its-prime-4.jpg (740x416, 60K)

Yeah, all of them are absolutely worth it except for PO and PW but you need the latter to understand the story of MGSV

Play mgs 1, 2, and 3 in order, then if you care about the narrative/like old games play the msx games, mg 1 and 2, maybe check out the Nes ones if you feel like it. If you care about art, play peace walker. If you care about the story, play mgs4, if you care about the gameplay being streamlined and polished play 5.
And if at any point in 1-3 you think "this game sucks" or "obunga, too many cutscenes" stop playing, these games aren't for people like you.

Attached: 1555928317651.gif (320x240, 1.56M)

Yes but watch out for the hipsters that praise 2.

Next up, the fucking LUDICROUS idea that the nanomachines are an attempt explain the "magic" of mgs, as if they're also not metaphorical, the nanomachines that are used to control the warring pmcs by liquid/ocelot are an extreme representation of an ultra level of ultimately illusory control and power (the nanomachines are essentially the same in everyone and the soliders essentially nothing more than figures, the nanomachines belong to the same pool of metaphor that everything else in the games does.

it's all tightly layered/woven.

MGS1-3 all play the same way and you should play the VR missions to learn the controls cause they're weird for first timers

Watch out for brainlets that dont like 2

Attached: 1556438672880.jpg (833x925, 115K)

At least play Solid 1-4, possibly the first two Metal Gear games as well for street cred

You can learn the controls just fine in the normal game unless you're DSP-tier brain dead

Attached: 1555537367610.png (368x368, 142K)

Play MGS1. If you like it, play 2, 3, 4 and groun zeroes. (play the improved versions of 2 and 3)
If you didnt like MGS1, then try just GZ.
If you liked GZ, play 5.
Play Ac!d if you like turn base games
And PO and PO+ if you liked 3.

nothing in the game is exclusive, they're all the same game, the chronology does not define it, it rests on top, snake and liquid are the same, liquid is the arm that controls the adversary ocelot, but liquid is made imperfect, and craves power for its own sake which keeps him trapped in the arm, it's all metaphorical, and the nanomachines represent perpetual war and control for its own sake. it's game as illusion, conflict as illusion.

yeah but it can be frustrating for newbies if they learn by constantly triggering alarms and getting shot to death after trying to hide for 5 minutes

hell, even the cardboard box in 1 is pretty much useless for hiding.

>MGS2
Yes, but it's not actually good
>MGS3
Yes
>MGS4
Yes
>PW
Not unless you love portable games
>V
No
>Portable Ops
Literally what
>Ghost Babel
Now you're just making things up

YESSS, just finished 1 on ps3, now playing peace walker

PW is necessary if you wanna have any hope of understanding what the hell is happening in GZ and V

>just finished 1
>now playing peace walker
retard

Wait... but doesn't this mean that you believe the games only got worse and worse?

1, 2 and 3 are great, 4 is shit, 5 is okay

Should have played 3 before that.

I'm playing VR missions. I know it's literally Integral's bonus disk that Konami made you pay extra for by fuck you it's still fun.

If you want to understand why people enjoy the gameplay of the series play mgs3, otherwise start at mgs1 and play the games in order. Both 4 and 5 aren't that great though

Attached: and whats his stance on abortion.jpg (500x355, 22K)

it doesn't matter at all what order you play them in. even though you might as well just start with 1.

redpilled

people think the deliberately superfluous elements of 3 aren't there just to tease the idea of you being a player. makes the areas more "open" but makes it so that you can't move into a new area of ground without going into a menu to change your camouflage based on a meter you have to watch constantly. teases the idea of an "open world."

4 instantly fixes this by giving you octocamo and teases it further by making it automatic and not meter based in a sci-fi, "future" setting. literally the same thing.

Offcourse it matters.
Following bigboss without understanding his motives and why he's in that position makes for a different experience.

metal gear 1 isn't except from a vidya historians but metal gear 2, all the metal gear solids, and metal gear rising are

>playing GZ and V
Yikes.

4 has the best gameplay but people are stuck in the meme age of "it's a movie".

MGS3 still has the best gameplay

I'm not recommending these games but my point is still valid.

exactly, the gameplay of 4 is a perfection of everything that came before it, based on new technology, even though it's basically the same game. it's easier yes, and that you can play much of it as an over the shoulder shooter with an arsenal of guns is part of the idea. people complain that it isn't "pure mgs" though, which means absolutely nothing.

MGS4 beats it just for having working aiming, but MGS3 is pretty good

wrong, mgs4 has objectively the best gameplay, as it is a refinement of the previous games. when you changed camo and watched that meter in mgs3, you weren't really playing anything, that mgs4 made it all automatic and re-used the jungle setting says something. it's game development - as a game!

all except for V and the portable games

be sure to play ghost babel though (GBC)

if that's the case then MGS2 also has the best gameplay because they're near-identical (which is why MGS3 is fucking awkward and weird in the jungle environment until the Subsistence camera made it more tolerable)

I’ve never liked stealth games, should I even bother checking these out?

yeah best gameplay pity the only levels worth playing are the first two
it's obvious that kojima wanted to do much more but couldn't probably due to technical reasons
the whole "sneaking in the warzone" thing had to be much more important

>4 has the best gameplay but people are stuck in the meme age of "it's a movie".
All the MGS games are movie games. They are ~10 hour games that manage to have 4-5 hours of cutscenes, which is absurd:

>MGS1: 4 hours of cutscenes:
youtube.com/watch?v=MeYbHWQrM9A

>MGS2: 5 hours and 21 minutes of cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=I5AunfmI8bs

>MGS3: 4 hours and 20 minutes of cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=zndcY57Tijo

No, there are a lot of gameplay mechanics that are not in MGS2 such as treating your wounds and changing camo

If you are uncertain and new to the series, play MGS3 because it is an excellent standalone game by any measure. If you liked it and want more, play MGS1 and then 2. If you want more story and a nostalgic ending play 4, if you want more gameplay and a bitter ending play 5. PO is hit and miss but has a lot of soul, PW is a grind and I wouldn't recommend it. MG1 and MG2:SS are not necessary but if you want completion you can finish them in a few hours each.

Attached: mgs3.jpg (800x450, 53K)

Yeah no wonder you don't like stealth games if you've only played something like Thief and have never played Metal Gear

MGS games tagline is Tactical Espionage Action.
Not stealth, despite it being an important aspect at some capacity.

I don’t like hiding in general.
It was also the reason why I didn’t enjoy last of us much

>point out the racing in gran turismo is bad
>"it's not a racing game, it's a "real driving simulator"!
why do japs do this

Ok, now find videos that group up how many hours of pure gameplay they provide and compare.

I think MG1 is a good enough game to open the series with. On the other hand, MG2 will make MGS seem like a clone (which it is) and the story will actually make less sense.

They were nuked. Give them a break okay

So your best examples of these 'gameplay' changes involves digging in a fucking menu, pressing some icons that restore the status quo or arbitrarily even though the game is very bad at making you give a damn about camo because most of it blends in just fine for your eyes, but lights up like a christmas tree for the AI. Even MGS4 had this issue (if not more due to its piss filters), but at the least it provided a more streamlined way to alter your camo.

Yikes, have sex

it's a game that gives you a sense of control by taking control away from you. it gives you an open environment and closes everything off to you by posting sentries and making it so you can't traverse the terrain without being seen unless you go into a menu and change your outfit every time a meter changes.

You also need to find food to survive in the forest. And materials to treat your wounds, MGS3 is partially a survival game. It's different from MGS2. Besides there are small gameplay elements such as Snake catching a cold and so on. MGS2 doesn't even have a stamina bar. MGS2 is bare bones compared to MGS3

the mgs games have always done this, toyed with you being the player by taking control away from you and giving you a sense of control. this is why they are games as art.

It's impossible to dislike stealth as a genre. There's only like 4 notable stealth series in existence and they all play wildly different from each other.

>You also need to find food to survive in the forest. And materials to treat your wounds,
again, all done in the same menu

no, you can't make me.

All are worth playing except for 2. Don't know why people exclude 5.It's awesome, except no Hayter. It's mostly carried by its gameplay and 60 fps on console.

I can. *presses you against the wall*

MG2 for the MSX still holds up even if it has some convoluted parts (like the fucking egg puzzle). Much of it got retconned but experiencing MGS from the very first one and seeing all the improvements on TECHNOLOGY and some of the recycled ideas was fun.

and yet it toys with the idea that it's a game, and that surviving in a game in this way is only illusory as in a game if you die you just reload from where you left off, so the survival becomes nothing more than busiwork, and in terms of adding to the gameplay, it just adds a level that makes it seem like there's more, when it's just more menus and finding. same for every game ever really. game as illusion man, immersion as illusion.

>not playing Kojima's magnum opus
YIKES.

I played MGS1, 2 and 3 and loved them, are MG1 and 2 worth it? Since they come with the HD collection Ii might try them.

Not with all these annoying and unnecessary menus.

hah more like magnum crapus

MG2 is good

MG1 is pretty dated and can get a bit frustrating, it has constantly respawning enemies and for example there's a part that requires you to punch every fucking wall in an area to find a path. I still had fun with it though.
MG2 is a huge improvement over the first , and some of its parts were basically transposed to the first MGS.
Both feature lots of backtracking.

>Both feature lots of backtracking.
Ok I'll try both games but they won't be my priority then.

>not magnum anus
c'mon son

But user I did play MGS2

fuck

They're still definitely worth it if you're a fan of the series, they have a lot of clever ideas

>muh epic political commentary!
read a book, incel

People hate MGS4 because of the shit writing and how hard it drops the ball, gameplay wise, after act 2. Not because it leans more to the action side.

>but all metal gear games have shit writing

Yeah, but not nearly as shit as MGS4.

> political commentary

deeper than that.

no doubt too deep for you

Why do people pretend to hate Act 4? It was fucking great, nostalgic fanservice done right

and what about act 3. followimg that guy through the streets was great.

why

don't

you

elaborate

faggot

?

also maybe the hardest part of the whole series, with no room for error. great stealth too, it's like that bit in pandora tomorrow, except done well.

only the first 3
Every MGS after 2 was made to spite fans.

i already did. read over the thread.

dickhead. or a few post later. then get back to me. i'm not re-iterating my points in a post just for you.

V keeps being shunned for no good reason. If you never played an MGS game before, at minimum both it and GZ are the games that will probably find the most comfortable to play, unlike the older games with their archaic controls. Not to mention the amount tools and the freedom you have to tackle any objective.

MGS4 has probably the worst pacing of them all if you care to watch every cutscene. Act 3 is an absolute slog beyond a first playthrough even if you try to rush it, and after that point, the game becomes void of interesting gameplay other than bosses and a very small area in Act 5. Performance also isn't good.

PW has horrendous boss fights. They either consist of fighting damage sponges, generic military vehicles, or both. The game removes actions like crawling, and levels are really small to accommodate the PSP hardware. Snake has the worst voice, and the story continues to jerk off over The Boss.

Having said all that, I liked every MGS game (although PW is really my least favorite and I don't intend on replaying it again), but if I were to recommend an MGS game to someone who's never played MGS before, it would be either MGS1 or GZ, you get to experience two different gameplay formats on two relatively short and simple games. After that, you decide for yourself. I wouldn't worry about chronological order as a latecomer to a series. From my personal experience, you'll likely just procrastinate or get burned rapidly. Very few people actually care about ancient games like MG1 and MG2, other than those who grew up with those games and extreme enthusiasts (autists).

Attached: 41.jpg (544x626, 69K)

I specifically said gameplay wise. The visuals, music, and general nostalgia were great, but the stealth and gecko defense was mindless and once the wow factor of the metal gear fight wore off it was also shit compared to any real mech game.

V is not representative of the core franchise.
If someone wanna know what MGS was about, V is not the way to start. You have to play the playstation originals to have a saying about this IP.

The wow factor of the mech fight never wore off with me. It'll be awesome forever.

1-4 and 4 is only worth it for the final boss fight.
PW was designed as a portable time waster with easier gameplay so take from that what you will.

4 is garbage from a gameplay perspective. Act 1 starts decent but after a while you get to areas in which enemies won't even chase you during an alert because their AI is too busy trying to fight the militia, pretty much making stealth unenjoyable in a lot of areas. This would be fine if it actually worked as a tps but even when compared to tpss of that era it controls in a way clunkier way and the enemy AI is too passive.
The boss fights were also a downgrade from 3.

Yup. Even the theme is non-sensical garbage that stomps all over itself halfway through the game. I wish I hadn't played at the time and completely forgotten about the series after 3. Kojima's lack of effort and neglicence destroyed the story and writting.

MGS1, 2 and 3 are great. Kojima was doig what he liked and using the medium to convey his thoughts while providing some interesting ideas and some top-tier writing. Keep it at that if those are the things that attract you to MGS

>You have to play the playstation originals to have a saying about this IP
But I did? I grew up with this series. For me personally, every MGS game is worth playing (again, maybe with the exception of PW, arguably not a good "representative" of the core franchise either, but I digress). But for someone who's never played MGS before, they would likely prioritize streamlined gameplay over everything else. That's why GZ and V would be the most obvious choices.

But it isnt, since neither game has any story

>you can play it like an over the shoulder shooter and buy assault rifles from a game menu EVEN THOUGH that ties into the idea of war as a self-perpetuating business the game goes into, and even deeper.
You can have all of those ideas and still make a good system that meshes well with the stealth aspects of the game instead of making them pointless unless you're going for a self imposed challenge. That's what makes MGS4 suck, no one complained about over the shoulder aiming in Splinter Cell for example.

Portable Ops is underrated and offers more complete sneaking experience than Peace Walker does.
It's only worth playing after playing most of the other games in the series, though, and assuming you liked them for the gameplay. The game is fairly challenging.

You can recruit by dragging enemy soldiers to cardboard boxes, not all the way to the truck.

splinter cell approaches it from an entirely different angle, it sells you on a realistic premise/aesthetic/atmosphere, while exploring the same ideas. mgs never tried to veil itself like that.

MG1 but especially 2 is worth it.
Consider playing on an emulator though since the re-releases since PS2 aren't quite authentic and the games were meant to be played on a computer anyways. At least MG1 has higher frame rate in the original. Here's English rom: mediafire.com/file/u27np1jj0bf4b7i/Mgearj.rom/file

>The game is fairly challenging
It's not challenging, it's just boring and frustrating at times. Like carrying soldiers back to the start of the map

1, 2, 3, 4, PW, GZ & 5 are all worth a play. Not all of them are great but none of them are laughably terrible.

>but none of them are laughably terrible
PW is, the rest are great. Including plot in an almost unplayable game for a handheld console is KH-tier retarded bullshit

MGO has the most kino tactical gear design. That is all.

Attached: mgo-gear-designs2.jpg (1000x1160, 179K)

I'm not talking about you.
I'm saying V is not a good recommendation as a starting point because it's not the core gameplay that made this IP become well known. PW and V are a comepetely different thing so liking it have no bearing to what your stance is towards the franchise.

howlongtobeat.com/
Game Normal Completionist
MGS 1 11h 15h
MGS 2 14h 43h
MGS 3 16h 29h

you mean MGO2, from MGS4. MGO is MGS3 online mode.
And yes, I agree, but MGO3 from MGSV is also high there.

Neither can you.

Attached: picard.jpg (694x530, 20K)

>All the MGS games are movie games
Yet they still have better gameplay than your favorite game

>Ghost Babel
>Now you're just making things up

MGGB is fucking great though.

Fukushima only wrote codec calls

MGS 4 is round 20hours.

Hence the undisputed facts: 3 has the best cutscenes to gameplay ratio in the franchise. And 4 is only 5% up in cutscenes in comparison to the rest when you amount the gamemplay length it provides.

MGS1: 0.35
MGS2: 0.35
MGS3: 0.25
MGS4: 0.40

5 is the only one worth playing, just watch cutscenes from the others on YouTube

Attached: 13BB7A36-1492-4A29-B847-1E890409CDE5.jpg (533x529, 96K)

if you're gonna play any MGS game.. play 3, Snake Eater is the PEAK

>seriously tallying up the gameplay to cutscene ratio in mgs games.

mgs games are cutscene heavy, that's it. they toy with the idea of gameplay being distinct from cutscenes, hence the moveable robot and interactive cutscenes in 4.

>metal gear, metal gear 2:solid snake - MSX
ok games, good for a history lesson of metal gear, mgs1 is basically the same game as metal gear 2, remade for ps1.

>metal gear solid 1,2
the best games, the most important ones, the only reason the series is still talked about today.

>mgs3
mgs2 was meant to be the end of the series, but due to fan demand a third game was started, but they went back in time so as not to mess with the mgs2 plotlines. an excellent game, a bit tedious on multiple playthroughs imo due to lots of menu management, but you need to play it once at least.

>mgs4
a lot can be said about this game, mostly negative. i said before mgs2 was meant to be the end, well people demanded closure (too dumb to appreciate an ambiguous ending) and so a very depressed kojima ended up making mgs4 in response. in my headcanon this game doesn't exist, i really don't give a shit about most of the plotlines in this game but it's a technical marvel on ps3 and has some fun gameplay, much more action shooter, although you can stealth still if you want.

>peace walker + portable ops
imo you don't need to play these ones, the gameplay is shit, it's dumb ai stealth sections with boss battles and base building. just watch the youtube movie versions. portable ops can be skipped but peace walker is crucial to big boss's story.

>mgs5
arguably best gameplay in the series if not best gameplay of its kind ever, very impressive but also supremely disappointing in the story. worth playing but also could have been so much more.

>ghost babel gameboy colour
actually really good, emulate it, it's kind of stealth puzzler

2 > 1 >>> 4 > shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 = 5

oh look, that's an opinion i've never seen before.

All except peace walker.

Just played MGS4. Yes it has a lot of cutscenes including a 2hr 30 mins one but there is also a lot of gameplay. Only thing I would say is that it is too easy. All the bosses except the last 2 are easy as fuck, not that any of the bosses in any of them are hard though.

I'd say 3 or 2 are the hardest.

V is by far the best game. Story is better than muh inferior clone genes, better than muh AI maymays, better than muh mommy issues, better than muh old age and mommy and daddy issues, and better than muh little russian loli issues.

MGSV was about getting a gf, so no one here likes it.

Attached: Dvp1_FOX4AAOrB0.jpg (2048x1152, 178K)

I am getting mixed responses here guys.

>V
>better story
Have you even played the other games? I don't think you have.

Attached: 1316959313738.jpg (221x246, 51K)

I have and MGSV SHITS on them. Tried relaying mgs3 the other day and wanted to blow my brains out listening to garbage conversations at the start of the game and the gameplay is CRAP compared to V

It doesn't. The game had to be rereleased just to fix the camera. I played the original release and it wasn't a good design.

I'm adressing one kind of specific critiscism mgs4 receives.

Attached: you.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

It's true, the game starts with 20 minutes of codecs after you get your bag. The most unfun way to start a game ever, tapes are 1000x better than forced codecs.

>If you want more story and a nostalgic ending play 4
Shit advice. Ignore 4 like the dumpster fire it is.

MGSV looks and feels more like a traditional MGS game than MGS4 did.

Nice meme

Lol no, that is exactly why people hate it. Because it doesn't. MGS4 is like MGS3.

STOP

TALKING

You have terrible opinions, we get it.

mgs3 is a much simpler story with a classic emotional payoff much like a hollywood movie. mgs2 degenerates as an experience to the point where you wonder what the fuck is meant to be happening and then you have to go read forums to piece it together after the fact (or if you're big brain IQ you get it first time through)

one thing is for sure, mgs2 was prophetic. you can be all 'muh memes' all you want but memes got donald trump elected and memes define our age right now, it's information warfare, and the powers that be are intent on controlling the context of the conversation, and kojima was telling us this 20 fucking years ago

Attached: Capture.jpg (674x667, 135K)

naah you just live in the past, same story with all franchises.
>new bad
>old good
Shit frog eating gameplay and lame jap Bee Man stories suck ass.

Considering i recently fully enjoyed my time with Sekiro and Monster Hunter World your argument is shit.

mgs2 is more like a deconstruction of the classic mythological story of 1, and 3 goes back to what 1 did in a way but plays with it and exaggerates the action hero stereotype and the macho style raiden-haters would have complained about to a comic degree.

>neutered souls
and you like a ps4 game over some handhelp gameboy game from 30 years ago. no shit.

Just 1-4
V, PW and that shitty psp non cannon game are not worthy. With those games you can understand the story perfectly.

> deconstruction
God I fucking hate this word. Especially because of braindead shonenshitters (HxH fans) on Yea Forums. If you browse Yea Forums you know what I'm talking about

All except V are

Ultimately MGS4 retcons the VR into existence. Vamp is now a real character with real regenerative powers and Snake is alive despite almost certainly dying before the events of 2. Like you said, people are brainlets and that's why they shit on 2 and love 3.

Yes, except for MGS4

by giving you a hero who literally eats live snakes in the jungle rather than some pansy who needs his hand held by his virtual girlfriend whom he resents. the mgs games never settle in the middle, each game sort of goes against the last, there is no traditional mgs, except of course the core gameplay is pretty much the same 1 through 4.

fuck you, none of it is real, mgs has never sold you on the idea of it being literal. it has a chronology, but it merely entertains it.

The fuck you talking about. Already said we get it you have shit taste. Don't worry, there's plenty like you.

Except V has no story

According to 4 it is real and that's why 4 is garbage.

yeah i'm aware of how 4 butchers 2, i don't pay attention to what shitty video games say about good video games.

Honestly, I wouldn't really say they're worth playing at all. Unless you're attracted to the potential character interactions, the games as "games" are fucking atrocious.
Played the Hell out of the series, including V, but in retrospect I can't ever see myself bothering with them again.
If you didn't play them growing up, there's no real point in playing them at this point. You won't get anything out of them.

MGS2 is more like a game purposedly trying to annoy the player.
See that awesome character? Have this one instead.
See those cool codec support you could have? Nah, let me ask you about what day is it.
That game is the ultimate fuck you and people lick it's boots.

oh, so metal gear solid 4 told you that it was all real and literal. no it didn't. the nanomachines are metaphor and they were part of mgs lore since 2. or maybe even 1, it's been a while. 4 never tried to sell you on realism, except in tightly interwoven meta structure that it only perfects.

The most retarded post I've seen today

that's what makes it great. the whole thing is a set up and tells you that. it puts you in the shoes of the inadequate fanboy who wants to be like snake while playing mgs, in the actual game itself, by making you work alongside someone who is very obviously solid snake and doesn't try to disguise it, and having the character you play idolise a false solid snake who has been set up as a terrorist and who turns out to be a power-demented father and proxy president who tried to turn you into a literal soldier, and as you progress the whole thing falls away and it's a journey of self discovery.

>see that awesome character? he's still awesome, so we made a new protagonist so we don't have to dumb down Snake for the exposition dumps that he'd otherwise already know
That's the major reason for Raiden.
And don't try to pretend MGS1 didn't have some bumfucking retarded codecs, are you just pretending to forget Mei Ling and that stupid ass European weapons expert lady?
MGS2 has the benefit of "Campbell" and end game Patriots subversion.

No, just because the intention has been fullfilled, the feeling of being bored by the terrible codec calls and how uninteresting Raiden and the generic setting of the base were all real to the player. So the only thing accomplished is the lack of motive to ever replay it. I did it once though to give it another chance and i understood why it's always my least favorite. It just ain't a fun ride.

It's still early. You've got a decent head start, posting some irrelevant bullshit while hiding your own opinion, if you even have one.
I'd rather be retarded than a blatant shitposter, and I'd rather be either than being someone who genuinely thinks Metal Gear isn't an unfortunate cancer to video games.

>See those cool codec support you could have?
you didn't actually play mgs2 i'm guessing. or if you did, you didn't ACTUALLY care about codecs enough to keep using them the whole game, there are shitloads of unique codec calls talking about all kinds of crazy shit all through mgs2 and some are well-hidden

whatever. i enjoyed every bit of it and was compelled throughout. i literally couldn't put the controller down.

Do you think Kiefer knew who he was or did he have to tell him?
Fuck Kiefer's shit performance, I'm a Hayterboy for life.

Attached: gw891x09m4w21.jpg (1538x2048, 278K)

>It's still early.
Not in my country
The most retarded post I've seen today

4 only works as a nostalgia piece. The sensation of going back to Shadow Moses when you haven't played the first game for ten years while The Best Is Yet To Come is playing was powerful I admit, but for someone binging the series it probably won't have the same effect.

I played and enjoyed all the games in the series (even portable ops before it was considered not so Canon) but I can't for the life of me motivate myself to play ground zeros and 5.
Make me want to play this game Yea Forums

At least Natasha Romanenko had the accent which is forever stuck in my brain.
>MGS2 has the benefit of "Campbell" and end game Patriots subversion.
Sure, it get's good 15 hours in. Being fair here, i like the idea and the subversion. The game is just not as fun as the others. Pick up any other and have a blast at any time. Now 2, you have good fun at the Carrier then it goes downhill, until it picks up again during the final hours.

>Australian
That explains your inability to... well, to do anything, really.

The ultimate fuck you is MGS4. MGS2 is only for big brains so it's no wonder you didn't get it.

I'm not Australian. Stop posting really

>mgs2 was meant to be the end of the series
so were MGS1, MGS3, and MGS4

It's been a long time since I've played and I do remember the clunkyness of the camo menu but you can throw poisonous snakes and scorpions at guards to get kills that don't count towards your overall kill count which is lol, between that, the alteration to your first person view for the rest of the game after the torture scene and the fact that it's the most self contained story out of all of them makes it the best one to recommend first easily imo

Plenty because we are right.

How does that contradict my point? It might not be an even 50/50 split, 35-40% cutscene to gameplay ratio is still absurd. Most stealth games contemporary to those MGS literally only have like 30 minutes of cutscenes

play the first 3 solid games, then pretend kojima died of ass cancer back in '07 and move one with your life

I'll always love this game more than any other game for this part alone, people love to shit on kojima but this is Nostradamus tier shit, would not still love vidya today if it weren't for games like this, genuinely such a crazy and great time to be alive

You're fine skipping portable ops. And Peace Walker is kinda weak.

The rest are good.

>The kind of people praising these games are the kind of people who think memes got Trump elected
Says it all

its not kiefers fault imo, venom was a borderline silent protagonist and the few lines he had were devoid of any charisma

1 has aged like milk, I'd say skip it. 2-3 are fine, 4 is a movie watch it on Youtube, 5 is a huge timesink of a sandbox game and fun as fuck.

>just invaded a guy's FOB
>only level 34, no snipers, no FOB insurance
>i extracted 32 S++ staff members, no kill no alerts etc. no retalation wormhole

I wonder if the guy set it up like this on purpose?!

No surprise at all you came up with that conclusion.

Is Hayter still butthurt over not being cast for V? It really disappointed me how fucking petty he acted during those years.

Hayter fanboys need to get over themselves.

The character of Snake was pretty much re-invented with each game anyway.
Both design-wise and personality-wise. Big Boss had like three different voice actors too. And MGS1 had a different voice actor in each major language (Japanese, Spanish, German, English, etc.).
The only times that Hayter was really the 'international' voice of Solid Snake were in MGS2, where Raiden was the main character lmao. And MGS4, where his voice was really inappropriate given his age.

He was right though. And i was not surprised V turned out to be that shitshow bait & switch.

>muh millions of flies eating shit maymay
You are eating of shit. We humans are eating steaks.

Pretty much everything you said was wrong, good job.

>scroll all the way through
>not one mention of revengeance
Play MGS 1-3, tell 4 to fuck itself and only play Pw,Gz, and V if you feel the need to complete the loop. Then sit down for Revengeance

literally fake news: the post

go sit on the splintered end of a broom

No one likes it when people (especially men) have this attitude like the universe owes them something. So no, he was in the wrong on what truly mattered.

Play 1-4 and and stop. I don't even consider 5 to be a mainline MGS to be honest. It feels like a shitty spin-off.