Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
youtube.com/watch?v=YDb618RaBmo
youtube.com/watch?v=lLiRgNFvfGw
youtube.com/watch?v=uAtDPnGDutc
youtube.com/watch?v=R9vC9qulX3s
youtu.be/ElKbi8Dz_2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Back when everyone had remotely sensible and accurate for faction and time weapons, weapon skins, and fashion nightmare custom playable multiplayer avatar with inexplicably placed option for women player model.

2 was a good game but the beginning of the downfall.

COD1 and UO expansion are 10/10 kino.

Yeah, the soviet campaign also had a female soldier (or soldiers? personal I only saw one). In a game from 2005. Who would thought.

>LET THE BASTARDS GO!!
FTFY. That way, the good guys win and western civilization will be saved from (((THEM))).

Attached: 1397047222290.png (354x347, 121K)

Which one, boys?

Attached: The Price of Foley.jpg (385x235, 28K)

Naah, that'd be WaW
Up until CoD4 everything was pretty decent. Only the replenishing health mechanic sucked major cock

cod 2...

Attached: 1554809374649.jpg (211x239, 7K)

>not the best boy Moody
You fucked up big time mate

Attached: MoodyHQ.jpg (457x474, 32K)

>Up until CoD4 everything was pretty decent.

Every PS2/console COD until COD4 was garbage
COD3 was mediocre as all hell

4 was unironically good but regen health is objectively a flaw and like I said, already 2 had introduced that

i remember thinking that the game looked photorealistic

I agree.
CoD2 was fine.
But CoD and UO were kino/10.
>that plane mission fom UO
>Sicily from UO
>American campaign from CoD1
>Britain campaign from CoD1
>Stalingrad and Berlin in CoD1
>Holding the line at the Train Station in UO
>etc.

Yeah?
Well.
He ain's shit

Attached: pvt elder.jpg (320x545, 74K)

It looked impressive back in the day. What was it like 2004? Or 2005? Stalker blew me away.

MoH was better.

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
I cry every time ;_; 7

Attached: connect the dots.png (568x665, 3K)

moh campaign is kino as fuck
especially the subarmine mission

Big Red One was fun.

official MOH games power ranking and if you disagree you know jack shit about video games

>god tier
MOH Underground
original MOH
MOHAA and expansions
MOHA Frontline

>good tier
Airborne
Pacific Assault

>shit tier
vanguard
european assault
shitty psp games

>deserves a sequel tier
Rising Sun

>underrated tier
2010 reboot and the sequel they are pretty fun single player campaigns

youtube.com/watch?v=YDb618RaBmo
youtube.com/watch?v=lLiRgNFvfGw
youtube.com/watch?v=uAtDPnGDutc

kino/10

Attached: 0e8.png (923x713, 16K)

True, the first Cod is a great game, but in compassion to the sequel it has a few more clunky archaisms. Like the fact that to use grenade you first need to switch to it, throw it and then switch back to normal weapon.

>archaism

It's actually a superior gameplay mechanic. Give grenades a dedicated insta keybind and you get shitty grenade spam that is every Call of Duty game after 1. There should be a risk/reward effect to using grenades.

Strangely enough there was literally a single female soldier in the entire game and I think it only spawned during the rushing of the big building mission.

What was the best classic CoD mission? I like the level where you have to crawl up the beach without a gun in the first game.

>It's actually a superior gameplay mechanic. Give grenades a dedicated insta keybind and you get shitty grenade spam that is every Call of Duty game after 1. There should be a risk/reward effect to using grenades.
It takes longer to throw grenades in CoD4 than to switch and throw them in CoD1.

Bomber. No contest

>we've been around this long

Attached: thlolcrithit9ha.gif (160x107, 408K)

THE GUNS AREN'T HERE

I have nothing against making grenades more risk/reward, but the fact that you have to press 3 different buttons just to throw one grenade is just bs imo.

You might want to check the introductory training levels on youtube for both games and you will see how wrong you are.

Not to mention how COD1 had actually selectable fire selection for rifles and an actual recoil.
I mean I also enjoyed 2 and 4 a whole lot but they were console shooters at its core and design. COD1 was a pure PC shooter.

We sure have.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9vC9qulX3s

>tfw the UO credits continued where CoD1 credits ended

Attached: 1534487855090.jpg (800x800, 152K)

oh boy you must have never played 1's multiplayer

legendary grenade spam

still listen to the moh frontline soundtrack from time to time

>when the children choir kicks in during the main theme of Frontline

Attached: thumbs up beppe.jpg (399x225, 23K)

youtu.be/ElKbi8Dz_2k

Attached: 2232356.jpg (825x510, 42K)

>You might want to check the introductory training levels on youtube for both games and you will see how wrong you are.
I literally have them on my PC right now and still play UO every now and then. Not to mention once you take out nades in 1/UO you can spam them with Usain Bolt speed.

Imagine not being able to equip your grenade to smack a fucker to death with a explosive stick

always threw nades over the apts in Carentan

Attached: 1270322758848.jpg (387x480, 47K)

Yeah, that also will be my favorite mission and one that stuck to me the most ever since as a child I first played the cod. People say that it's just a rehash from Enemy at the Gate, but it stil work damn well on me.

WHAT?

I don't know if it's called "texture popin" or what but does anyone know how to improve textures looking like shit until you get up close? Or is it just how it is on PC?

I thought the one or two female soldiers in the Soviet mission(s) was neat.

This man speaks the truth.

It always baffles me when people in retrospective claim early CoD games were some kind of Red Orchestra milsim games. Core gameplay was the one part CoD has been consistent about. People claim that CoD has been rehashing since 4, but then again, 4 wasn't that different from 2, which wasn't that different from 1.
Remember Battalion 44? The entire Kickstarter campaign was about "we grew up playing CoD2 and want to make a game that plays like CoD2". Then game comes out and bang, people are unironically surprised a game that claimed to play like CoD plays like CoD.

That pic is definitely PC on low settings. I replayed COD2 a few months ago and it honestly still holds up today visually. It shows it age in places but still looks really good.

>That pic is definitely PC on low settings.
It's literally a YT screencap.

I played CoD 2 online for the first time a few months ago and I was surprised just how much it feels like the more recent instalments minus killstreaks and weapon customization.

Yeah, I too. I am just taking a jab at Battelfield 5 and other games nowdays that brag about how progressive they are because they have female soldiers. And almost 15 years ago Infinity Ward put a woman in the Soviet army just because Soviet army irl had some female soldiers, and no one made a big deal about it.

Yes and? It's still not on max settings. A low quality youtube screencap doesn't automatically make the textures and everything else look low quality and muddy as hell.

>A low quality youtube screencap doesn't automatically make the textures and everything else look low quality and muddy as hell.
Are you genuinely retarded?

I envy your stupidity

Attached: CoD2SP_s_2017-04-12_16-18-27-41.jpg (1920x1080, 700K)

kino

Attached: Call_of_Duty_2_(PC)_09.jpg (1280x720, 265K)

This is what it looks like on low textures btw.

Attached: CoD2SP_s_2019_05_04_11_27_35_843.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Ain't fair
That's Back2Fronts mod

2's campaign was forgettable as fuck and the infinite enemy spawns and grenade spam were cancer. CoD1's and MW2's campaigns were better.

DIRTY JERRY ROTTERS

THE - GUNS - AREN'T - HERE!

>5th grade
>get COD1 and Band of Brothers boxset
>mom makes pancakes and fridge full of soda

I may be a fat fuck today but that was peak childhood, back when I required very little to be happy and thoroughly enjoy it

Attached: bob.jpg (800x448, 80K)

What is up with Crossing the Rhine? First thing, it's the only mission in the whole game that only has one level for some reason. Second thing, it really doesn't feel like a final mission. Not that it is awful or something, but it really doesn't have this grand feeling the last level should have imo. Battle for 400 Hill seems like a better level to end your game with.

Who /no fat germans mod/ here

AMERIKANISCHE TRUPPEN
ERDGESCHOSS

POTATO MASHER

THE NUNS AREN'T QUEER?!

Good goy! Consume more! Don't think! Just consume novelty content and garbage!

>tfw an entire generation has been brainwashed by one sided, overly simplified historical vidya
>Ahh! I remember da good ol' days of Goyfield 42! Heh! Heh! Unlike that modern garbage Goyfield 3!

Attached: 1389502754261.gif (250x205, 656K)

I still remember that confusing ”that’s it, really?” feeling after that mission. It felt like just another run of the mill mission after the super intense hill fight.

i though this was a brother in arms thread desu
makes me sad they were the shit, same gig if not better but just wasnt big enough to carry i guess

Attached: taunt cancel into ragin demon.gif (467x347, 487K)

There is?

THE GUNS ARENT HERE

Fuck off Nazi.

Please go away

Am i the only one here who liked the silo

Attached: downloadfile.png (1280x800, 936K)

Vanguard was okay
Warfighter was complete trash

Otherwise good list

Your collective reading comprehension is below that of a toddler's

Fuck off COMMIE. This is a right wing board. You don't belong. Try reddit.

Yes

>leftypol trying to LARP as /pol/ this hard
You may fool newfags, but you're obvious to the trained eye

I know WW2 has been done to death and that people are understandably sick of it but if forced to choose I would rather play games where I have to fight in Normandy for all eternity than ever have to look at another modern warfare or god forbid near-future military sci-fi game again.

Attached: 164966F7-6C09-4B5F-930D-0DE476094210.jpg (1023x685, 159K)

btw I know my pic isn’t WW2 but that guy with the Sterling looks so much like Price it’s almost uncanny.