Why is this game hated again? it was pretty kino and had an insane potential

why is this game hated again? it was pretty kino and had an insane potential

Attached: sonic_06.jpg (1283x1500, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it was pretty kino
please user, expound on this

Potential doesn't mean anything if they don't plan on making it better.

I used to blast "his world" in my earphones back in my high school days. I'd always ask hot girls if they wanted to listen to my music (to show them how good my music taste was) they were always so impressed by that song. A girl actually hugged me because she liked that song so much lol

>It had insane potential
>it had
>but it didnt use or take any of it
>but its still good!
Logic

>had an insane potential

You wrote the magic word there. HAD! The game HAD potential, but it didn't commit to it. Therefore, it became the laughingstock that SEGA wishes never even existed.

>introduced the best designed hedgehog (sliver)
>had a great OST
>had great maps
>had a great story

if the game was given more time it would've been seen as great by most of you

Dunno which version you used to listen to, but I was seriously hooked to Zebrahead's cover.

have you considered the 20 minute long loading screens

We don't judge games as good based on the potential it wasted.

>had insane potential
>had
>pretty Kino

You're a really funny guy.

Attached: 1462069005593.png (300x297, 145K)

>tfw 06 kids are finally growing up

Attached: 1523204048007.jpg (274x237, 25K)

It should have just been about Sonic and Eggman. The gameplay was all kinds of fucked though.

>>had great maps
>>had a great story
You're joking, right?
You do know this is the same game that has you essentially play giant billiards, right?

>3d platformer
Automatically shit.

The fandub was pretty kino

Look man, I know the Sonic franchise isn't at a high point, but this is just pathetic.

Attached: 1556851980167.jpg (960x960, 43K)

it was for like a year but now we're back to square one.

Oh how I wish for the days of Mania again. Everyone was just genuine. The franchise, the fans, the threads. Now literally everyone (even the sonic twitter) is all self-deprecation all the time. I really hope Sega makes up for this.

Attached: This.png (640x480, 266K)

I miss those days too.
youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Attached: 1521205744828.jpg (1662x3303, 1.51M)

>Game is called Sonic the Hedgehog
>Main plot happens in Shadow and Silver's campaign

Attached: um.jpg (181x279, 11K)

>seeing fucking mania, a goddamn kitchen sink Sonic with irritatingly bad controls for a fucking 2D GAME, as some sort of high point
Sonic died after the Genesis/SCD era.

Oh it's the Mania doesn't control like the originals guy again, how odd.

I actually really liked it and got the platinum trophy. Playing it now is rough though, so maybe I was just retarded back then.

it came out 13 years ago
feel old yet, Yea Forums?

Attached: d9fqzev-4b455289-ffe8-4451-9693-f835c932e1a0.gif (640x448, 2.18M)

I think the thing that upset people the most were Silver and the Sonic x Elise kiss. As a young kid I didn't really think much about the kiss (childish innocence) but everyone was like "BEASTIALITY" but somehow everyone forgot Shadow x Maria which the majority seemed okay with despite Maria being a kid and shadow still has a hard on for her after 50 years despite her being dead? IDK.
Game was a technical fucking mess and never good, though.

Nah, you were just young. Young kids dont have high standards for video games.

Attached: 12422915540.png (540x279, 136K)

>had an insane potential
Yes, but as I recall SEGA somehow lost the work they'd done on the game at some point, and had to start over. They lost a lot of time.

I really remember the magazines describing it as a totally different game with new cool features and amazing graphics, also Sonic faster than ever. Probably because it was one of the first PS3 titles.

The only remotely kino part was the better half of the OST, everything else was a total fucking diarrhea. Even as a kid I realized that I was wrestling with the game because it was such garbage.

>if the game was given more time it would've been seen as great by most of you
It could -possibly- have been decent gameplay and performance-wise, but I think the premise of it was fucked from the beginning, and the director/team bit off exceedingly more than they could ever chew. Unleashed was a much more proper ambitious project and even then, they couldn't fully fulfill their ideal goal and had to rely on Werehog too much.

You're fairly retarded when considering that the game doesn't even have trophies. You probably had some fever dream.

Holy shit, you're right. I swear I had it on my PS3 but it must have been my Xbox. Either that, or I slipped into some Bizarro world since 2006.

Only people who haven't completed this game say anything good about it.

t. completed it 100%. 2/10 never again

Attached: 1555622622678.gif (345x372, 877K)

The world has been pretty bizarro for a while, so could be that.

at best it's "interesting" experience. i'd probably have been pretty pissed if i'd have bought the game when it was new instead of pirating years later.

you are dumb
people who want free replies say good things about it

>had an insane potential
Having potential means nothing when you completely waste it

3D PLATFORMER?!

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 19K)

It had too many long load screens that made changing scenarios a chore

Game was just broken, sometimes you would just fall through the ground, get stuck somewhere being unable to move or the game just would stop working.

Story is peak Sonic autism, the stories of Sonic games were already going in that direction each new game they released but Sonic 06 was the peak of that specially with Elise

We all know the game was rushed to hell since they had to have the game ready for that christmas window, but that doesn't excuse having a game as bad as this

SEGA really sucked during PS3/Xbox 360 era like, what did they do good? Sonic 06 was a mess and the rest of main Sonic games minus Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours were hot shit, they pretty much killed Golden Axe with Golden Axe Beast Riders the mess that was Colonial Marines is one of their lower points ever.

Sonic 06 actually had just a long streak of bad luck happening that resulted in what we got
>Original main director of the game decides part way through development that since 06 couldn't be ported to Wii that he works on Secret Rings and takes half the team with him
>Yuji Naka leaves and takes more people with him
>Basically a skeleton team is left picking up the pieces and have to make something out of what they have.
>Sega constantly breathing down their neck for it to be done by Christmas.
I honestly bet if we didn't get Secret Rings then 06 could've been passable at the very least.

>Sonic Adventure came out 21 years ago
>Sonic Adventure 2 came out 18 years ago
>Sonic Heroes came out 16 years ago
>Sonic Unleashed came out 11 years ago
>Colors is gonna fucking turn 10 next year
>Generations came out 8 years ago
>Lost World came out 6 years ago
>Mania is almost 2 years old already
Fuck. We're going TOO FAST

Attached: 1545448895344.jpg (1334x1334, 149K)

Not a sonicfag, But i wish Mario 64dickheads would shut the fuck up, every fucking platformer thread: MUH MARIO 64.