You are buying your waifu games on PC/Switch now, right user? They're the only safe place now

You are buying your waifu games on PC/Switch now, right user? They're the only safe place now.

Attached: zziJEI5.jpg (950x689, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play-asia.com/search/SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>official art has pokies
GOD DAMN IT TONY DIAL IT BACK

Attached: holdit.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

ugly mal-proportioned slut, would not waifu

Switch is iffy, at least PC games can usually be decensor-patched if necessary.

I love Chara!

Attached: Chara.1982016.full.png (782x977, 467K)

To be fair the uncensored one looks like the cover of an Illusion game. Not that I'm complaining.

what's the uncensored one?

skipping on PS5 because of this

What the fuck is with the censoring of thighs? This is like that shit in the old west when showing ankle was considered slutty. What is with the fucking puritanical approach? I know that whoever's on top tends to get targeted the most and have to watch their asses the most but, for fucks sake, this shit is downright silly.

The Switch one
Kinda 50/50 on if it was actually censored since the box proportions could be an argument, but it's easy to assume it's just Sony with their recent track record

the switch one is the same height, different width, no way the little PS4 line on the top obscures it that much, heck they could've just shrunk the girl a bit to fit if that was really the issue(she was clearly made larger on the PS4 box), so it's very clearly something other than "THE BOX SIZES ARE DIFFERENT"

>proportions
I thought the same thing when they showed the new Atelier covers but even with the proportions being trimmed they cut off way more than what would be necessary to fit in that space. It;s not a question of proportions, you can see it well enough here, too.

Is this game any good

what if the developers of these games intentionally submit these kind of boxarts to inform consumers that the PS4 version is censored in some shape or form

>Switch
Why would I buy an inferior version?

Yes. I even imported the limited edition to get that kickass TONY artbook

>fighting games
>on PC or Switch
Are you retarded?

But the game is not censored on PS4. The reason the boxarts are different is because of the differently proportioned cases.

>ps4 covers have a completely different aspect ratio
>covers obviously need to be different to account for this
>meanwhile nintendogaf just sees another excuse to seethe at sony

Daily reminder that sony will ALWAYS live rent free in nintensoi heads and nothing will ever change this

Attached: 1536555064052.gif (236x244, 1.72M)

Even if the cover was censored I don't know how it affects the game. Fighting games and third party games are low populated on Switch and PC. Seems like bait thread.

What's the last "waifu" game you bought?

IT'S OFFENSIVE

It's a fucking design decision because the full art would look worse on the PS4 box due to the different size of the box and the banner on top, can we stop actively looking for reasons to dislike companies and justify console wars and just actually play video games.

pc only, I'm done with consoles

SONY MAN BAD
NINTENDO MAN GOOOOD

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

>Can we stop actively looking for reasons to dislike companies and justify console wars

Nope, It's a pure fact sony is hot garbage.

>tony hacka

Attached: for_rent_free.jpg (318x179, 81K)

If this ever gets translated I'm picking it up thanks OP

Attached: 1548217760769.jpg (436x414, 25K)

I never understood this whole "rent free" meme.
Like duh, if you're a guy who plays games, then naturally you're going to have sony or nintendo or any other big relevant corporation that controls the industry on your mind.
Who plays video games and doesn't think about nintendo or sony? Fucking retard.

a cropped version of the woman on the box would look infinitely better on the Sony box than the full art even if shrunk. But on the Switch because the box is so slim the full art works much better for it. It's a really basic design concept I don't know why people don't realize this.

>Can't show bare legs on the PS4 cover
OH NO NO NO NO

and its japanese version. its too crazy that they are forcing this western bullshit even on Japanese side. seriously, SIE is done.

Is this what people mean when they say "manufactured outrage"?
If so you guys fell for it pretty fucking hard.

Nobody cares about shit games
Hint: It's only shit games that have been censored, DMC5's was removed because it's a good game

Definitely going to look into building a PC next year and go with the PC/Switch combo, I've lost pretty much all respect I had for sony after the PS4.

Such a fucking awful library of games and anti-consumer as fuck.

Even the Vita was fucking better in terms of games and modding it even make it more god tier.

you can still use more zoom-out picture even if you try to fit with box size. the hair drawn is cut out is unnatural. its more like they just do not want to show her thigh.

It'd look really bad.

What? It's very clearly a choice because of they made for aspect ratio because a zoomed out version would look worse than the cropped version. Working with aspect ratios is a very basic part of design, the switch box is slimmer, the full art looks better on there because of that, the PS4 box is wider, the zoomed-in cropped version looks better. It's not about trying to fit the image in, it's about making it look better for what you're working with to make it more appealing so more people buy it. It's not uncommon to change the image to compensate.

seething

Ps4

Honestly you can shitpost about console faggotry all day long but Sony have gone off the deep end. It's a fucking thigh, we stopped being ashamed of those things a century ago, yet Sony are not only pulling this censor shit on the west since they moved the HQ to Commiefornia, but also fucking Japan is being censored. Truly a clown world

Attached: 1556044500411.jpg (1766x1500, 763K)

$0.01 deposited at your PSN account

Do you guys consider any cropping to be censorship at this point because this was clearly done to compensate for the aspect ratio of the PS4's blu-ray cases, as was the OP.

Go dilate your flesh wound tranny.

>cope
You can try again when at least 50% of multiplatform games at SWITCH and PS4 been cropped like in OP.

You're the one shitposting. The Atelier boxart isn't censored, they need to crop it because they can't fit in legs in the PS4 boxart without having to uncenter the title which is non-preferrable in the West.

Dude please stop the coping, Majority of multiplatform games at both consoles can been released without cover been croped

Also, if you're saying it's censored, Nintendo must be censoring horses in the West since the Japanese Switch boxart doesn't have the horse cropped out.

Attached: Atelier-Lulua-JP-Box-Art_12-25-18_001.jpg (1036x718, 182K)

Replacing box are to compensate for a needed change isn't uncommon.
Were Konami censoring manlets when they made Venom taller in the Phantom Pain box art to compensate for the removal of Kojima's name? No it was a fucking design choice to compensate for a needed change.
Stop being children, Sony does actual shit that you should be complaining about.

Attached: mgsvbox-640x397.jpg (640x397, 108K)

Shit fanboi reason.

Attached: dark-souls-remastered.jpg (782x440, 41K)

>Majority of multiplatform games at both consoles can been released without cover been croped
because those ones had art that worked fine without being cropped and this one doesn't.

Attached: 1445705873815.png (519x480, 159K)

see please stop your fanboy act, tranny

These are completely different box arts with different backgrounds logo placements and tones retard.

If they shrunk the art to fit the whole girl on the PS4 box there'd be a huge amount of negative space, it'd look bad.

I have a feeling the box art was made for the Switch because it fits perfectly.
There's even a perfect amount of empty space under her ass for SEGA's logo.

your initial reason the PS4 need to be cropped because the AR of the box so why only the games with anime girls with legs been cropped? based on your argument all multiplatform games will be cropped cause the difference between the box

>These 2 games with the common theme of exposed thighs both had art size problems, completely unrelated coincidence
You don't have to defend every retarded decision they make

Attached: 1555776792144.jpg (281x262, 27K)

LOL so you said the publishers is too lazy to make adjusted image resized for PS4?

... What?

>uncensored
>inferior
Snoyfag pls.

The Switch version in the West has most of the legs cropped too. Is Nintendo also censoring games?

Attached: kHwp7Ra.png (583x374, 401K)

look at my DS remastered image retard. only left and right side been croped from switch to PS4 while up and bottom retain the same form both. And you said SEGA and KOEI cannot do what BAMCO did?

One has the logo placed on top, the other on the bottom, this is done to compensate for both the aspect ratio and banner on top. I'm not defending Sony and I don't see a reason to, they make a shit ton of retarded decisions, these clearly aren't either of them. I own and play a majority of my games on Switch but give Nintendo shit when they need it to. It annoys me because this is a thread of people being angry about a design choice done with a specific purpose they clearly either don't understand or refuse to.

I'm glad I ditched my PS4, first Atelier and now this, I FUCKING LOVE GIRLS LEGS

>b-but nintendo!!!!!

The Dark Souls image wasn't cropped because the way it was designed worked on all the box arts avaliable with minimal cropping. Blade Arcus' clearly doesn't.

No u

So are you agreeing that Nintendo also censored the boxart?

Yes. How is this relevant though?

There are absolutely 0 other than censorship reason why they need to change image AR from JP to US version. US version cropped both is the KOEI US decision to make parity for both because of Sony faggot policy.

>IT'S SONY'S FAULT!!1!!!!11!!!!
Also, they did have reason to change it. They had to move the logos to be more fitting with where Western people like them.

Still waiting for Rabi Ribi on Switch. I could get it on PS4 but I've decided to get all these games on switch now.

NINTENDO DOESNT COUNT!!!!!11111

Now let me drink my onions in peace

Attached: 12108158_510500039112718_5638489976865917811_n~3.jpg (586x445, 46K)

What?

sorry, the times to give Sony the benefit of doubt is done. I rather believe this than big publisher like KOEI and SEGA is too lazy to make image adjustment for PS4 games.

Attached: v2AkE3F.jpg (1024x712, 446K)

>IT'S NOT SONY FAULT!!1!!!!11!!!

imagine being a snoyger for an atosecond in your life. Holy shit.

>a slight height change is comparable to cropping out entire body parts
Fuck right the hell off. You have no ground to stand on when this fits right in with Sony's censorship bullshit.

Attached: 1549802632753.jpg (300x222, 9K)

Why do the PS4 and Switch versions have different age ratings? Are they not the same game?

everyone who isn't a pathetic consolefaggot fanboy?

Attached: 1361354640142.jpg (697x529, 68K)

Dont pretend you dont know. Its always okay when Nintendo does it.

funny how tables ahave turned, and oyu can't yellowface spam threads anymore to silence people telling you to fuck off with oyur war. You literally got ir like you wanted, and can't handle it because you warriors were all spineless, thinskinned pro tranny reseturds unable to construct any logical chain of sentences.

>what about OTHER GAME! CHANGE THE SUBJECT IMMEDIATELY!
ahhhh, the smell of a panicking snoyger in the morning.

Fucking hell, there, The SNK box, that's an example of box art being changed for likely retarded censor purposes by Sony, that's something to be annoyed by, I'm not saying Koei and Sega are lazy you absolute fucking deficit, I'm saying that not all box art changes are done for censorship purposes, the Blade Arcus and Atelier ones aren't changed for censor purposes they're changed so they can look better, the SNK box art was likely censored by a retarded Sony order.
Be annoyed by actual things that you should be annoyed by not by irrelevant shit.

play-asia.com/search/SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Dunno why

Yeah, maybe if you buy from GOG or Playism or anything other than Steam. Valve is part of the same socjus cult as Sony.

>you're not a fanboy if you only think of one video game company
uhh

The PS4's SNK boxart is better though.

I've taken design classes, the Atelier and Blade Arcus changes were clearly done because they look better.
There's actual cases of Sony censorship done for retarded reasons. This isn't one of them.

So you think the Blade Arcus PS4 better then Switch and Atelier US better than JP? lol

But is it okay when sony does it? This thread is about Sony.

see>>

Speaking from a pure graphic design class, the crop on the PS4 version works better because of the case's aspect ratio and big blue banner on top. A slimmer case is better for the full art and is more eye-grabbing that way.
Would I pick up Blade Arcus on PS4? Personally I'd buy it on Switch because I like it more for fighting games, do I see the reason they made the change in the box art? Yes because the graphic designers have to make a box look appealing so more people buy it.

How about this, its not okay when either companies do it.

Agreed,

Please, don't.

Not the sarcasm, I beg you.

looks like the Switch version got DLC, which are part of the base game on the PS4, and one of those games probably upped the rating

whatever say what you want about your theory, I will only believe it when there are some non Anime girls thigh art also been cropped from.

>"It's ok when Nintendo does it!"
Holy Shit! Nincels getting full defense mode no1