This isn't a shitpost. I'm actually extremely disappointed in this game. The combat is retardedly defensive...

This isn't a shitpost. I'm actually extremely disappointed in this game. The combat is retardedly defensive. The camera is zoomed in right up to your ass so it's impossible to see anything behind you. It drones on with pointless dialogue which is fucking confounding considering how well dark souls does with minimalist dialogue.The fucking attack warnings are in japanese so basically guess right or die. The game heavily incentivizes you to just run the fuck away instead of trying to turn around a losing battle because of the way you get punished for dying. Minibosses with adds are a slog because it's optimal to kill all the adds, run away to reset, then fish for an ambush on the boss and then you get to make an attempt. Your health is so limited that even if a random shitter touches you, you might as well run back because you're probably going to get one-shot. I get stuck on the terrain constantly for reasons it's not really apparent why. One of the bosses was so shittly designed I could just run away and take pot shots whenever it whiffed its one-shotting attacks. And honestly I'm fucking bad at this game, it feels impossible to do decent damage to posture, it feels entirely random whether or not a parry does anything, even if I counter everything right there's no significant reward from it.
Please tell me I'm missing something massive or it gets better eventually I really want to like this game but it feels like a fucking parry simulator all the way through. Just fucking never ending CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG, even on a basic level that's so fucking unsatisfying.

Attached: sekiro.jpg (280x350, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/252
youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA
youtube.com/watch?v=qtNDctR2iMM
youtu.be/lucRvvB15IU?t=496
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how far are you

Any kind user can rip off the CLANG CLANG sound so I can put it in Skyrim?

Attached: 631E437D-1D8C-4417-8818-08BCEBC0CE65.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

Be ridiculously offensive, past your point of comfort. It melts enemy posture and makes bosses like Genichiro a cakewalk.

I'm at the fat drunk guy in the flashback, the one general after the chained ogre in the main stuff and also I found the headless ghost guy but that went nowhere.

>this isn't a shitpost
How to spot a shitpost

I'm ridiculously offensive by default but when I try to I just get fucking railed by enemy attacks.

I have lost to the ghost Corrupted Monk about five times in a row tonight and every single time it was due to camera issues. I am trying to beat him without using any kind of extra items, swordplay only.

I can deal with all of his attacks and patterns but the course of the battle always leads into me backing up against something and then the camera goes fucking nuts and he gets a hit in on me or even kills me.

Camera sucks in this game. Full stop. Flat out. Do not argue with me. It's a fucking flaw.

Attached: 489 KB.gif (497x373, 489K)

The shit camera has to be on purpose to add to the difficulty.

Then you're not being offensive, you're just mashing R1 and getting punished for it
Complaints that are valid:
>Minibosses with adds are a slog since the game sucks at group fighting
>Incentivied running away when things get hairy to reset at an idol
>Camera being ass sometimes
>The game dropping the lock-on for no reason
Especially noticeable in fast paced fights like Butterfly, the Lone shadow in the sewer and Guardian Ape, I kept losing lock on or having the camera pushed into a wall.

Other than that, get gud, learn when to parry andn when to go full ham

>but the course of the battle always leads into me backing up against something and then the camera goes fucking nuts and he gets a hit in on me or even kills me.
Maybe just run back to the center if it happens?

>The combat is retardedly defensive.

Attached: 1513275666125.png (645x729, 99K)

It's the game's greatest flaw, no doubt.
Use snap seed and pocket sand. Renders the fucker immobile

I'm pretty bummed out too. There really isn't much to it after learning the attack patterns of about 7 kinds of enemies. I replayed the game today and nothing took more than two tries to kill. The game is fun while getting good but there's nothing to it after that. At least in the other games there was multiplayer and builds for after the acquiring proficiency phase.

Attached: 1551917700865.jpg (591x568, 83K)

Its half baked soulsshit. It makes nioh look like a fucking masterpiece

>turn around and run while the boss is in the middle of a 5 hit combo where each it will take away 75% of your life

I know how to do that, but I am refusing to do so in this fight.

I'm stuck at the final boss Sword Saint and I'm completely discouraged. Fuck this game

She has only one combo where she does the continuous swipes that’s easy to deflect user. Every other attack has a giant delay at the end so you can reposition

that's pushing it

lmao get fucking filtered you casual bitch

It's not easy to deflect when you can't fucking see anything.

I have a full second of input lag man.

Yeah it's fucking trash. I dropped the game after beating Gyubou on ng+ because it's just boring to play through.

Attached: 1555628654004.gif (320x360, 3.96M)

Game is godlike in the first 10 to 15 hours..but starts to lose steam fast after that.
NG+ is tragically boring, because the combat system has very little depth or room for experimentation.

>got to the guardian ape
>use all my 7 potions because its my first time fighting him
>finally sliced his head off
>he stands up again

help

Attached: tfw.webm (640x480, 927K)

go elsewhere

Forced negatively.

wdhmbt

>Yea Forums can't play rhythm games

Attached: sekiro hero.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Try the armor piercing move with the spear. It drags the worm out and deals massive amounts of stability damage.

How long did you managed to beat him?

Attached: ssishin.jpg (1200x1600, 1.16M)

to be fair its a pretty stylish rhythm game

lmao filtered

then don't get cornered bitch
it's not even a bad arena

HOW TO UNFILTER. AAAAAAAA
Fug I'll keep trying in the morning but it's not as fun as DS3 or Bloodborne since every attempt takes like 2-3 minutes of set up. Makes me miss my ds1 run which had the opposite problem where broken ass weapons and shields made the game a walking simulator.

Just don't get backed in a corner and readjust yourself when you get close. It's not like Corrupted Monk's tells are difficult to read even in that situation. The only attack where she constantly advances has a constant rhythm to it.
Sekiro seems like a game that constantly filters people who are used to the Souls system of just sticking to an enemy and rolling with their attacks because you didn't have to pay any attention to your environment (at least for bosses).

It's a pretty fun rhythm game but there are plenty of things you can do in a situation as well as degrees of success to your responses beyond just hit or miss. The WEBM seems to imply that the combat art was also the correct and only response to use.

It could have been more stylish. The spirit emblems and the small moveset available at any given time (even if you can change it up in the pause menu) limits the available stylishness.
But then again with how retarded the default control scheme is it's no real wonder that it's so limiting. I wonder if anyone else put the attack button on a face button while thinking of somewhere to drop the ill-placed "use item" command.

The biggest disappointment I have with this is there is no armour/weapon variation.

Finding cool looking gear was a big part of the Souls games and it sucks that they didnt think it was important. I just have no motivation to play if im not getting cool shit

>hasn't even made it to the first boss
damn you got filtered

>filtered that quickly
I guess you’re lucky you aren’t gonna fight the ape

I beat him blind without snap seeds or such on my first go. Realizing that umbrella parry has no knockback is what got me through.

M8
M8
This isn't a giving up post, this is a I fucking hate this game post. Every time I quit I started playing again 5 minutes later like a battered wife.

*cough*

Attached: 39393.jpg (3658x2598, 1.63M)

>Just don't get backed in a corner and readjust yourself when you get close. It's not like Corrupted Monk's tells are difficult to read even in that situation. The only attack where she constantly advances has a constant rhythm to it.
It should not be a thing a player should have to do in the first place. Stop making excuses for the game. It makes you seem like a drone.

How the fuck does the hidden tooth work, or bite down for that matter? I've never used bite down but I tried the hidden tooth after I got it and I couldn't revive afterwards. I thought it was a guaranteed death but you could resurrect as long as you had unused charges.

What? Only if you play defensively.
Sure most people got hard-ons from deflects so they ended up doing nothing but that. But you can sprint and step behind the sides and backs of all the enemies and bosses and fight aggressively without ever even taking a hit. You can totally keep up the pressure in a fight without fighting defensively. Moves like the Whirlwind even works on block and has fast enough recovery to be a safe move.

>It should not be a thing a player should have to do in the first place
Moving? git gud /pol/tard

>This isn't a shitpost. I'm actually extremely disappointed in this game. The combat is retardedly defensive.
Good job outing yourself as an utter retard, if you aren't being aggressive 99% of the time you're doing it wrong.

Attached: yare yare daze.jpg (680x383, 43K)

Rent free.

>comparing a melee-action combat game with minor stealth elements to a shitty third-person shooter with garbage platforming

Attached: 1509230778065.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Dude you're barely a few hours into the game and you haven't actually become adequate with any of the core mechanics of the game. The game only gets easier as you progress because you get more healing items, more moves, more health, more posture, and deal more damage, deal more posture damage, etc. You don't even have to do that flashback yet. Do it later.

The game's no different from Dark Souls, you can defeat any encounter with 0 level ups and 0 gourds if you're good enough. The drunkard can be cheesed by dealing with all of his adds and stealth killing them, getting a stealth deathblow on him, and talking to the NPC near the fight to get him to help you. This isn't even cheesing anyway since it's not like you're really abusing any aspect of the game, you're just doing what an outnumbered shinobi would do.

I HAVE A QUESTION

Phase one just sprint constantly and get 1-2 hits in every time he opens himself up. Use Firecrackers for free damage.
Phase two just stay right up inside his asshole and parry his shit. Use the spear like this user said for free damage.

maybe just before the wall and reset positions without hitting?

>Don't get backed into a corner
Regardless of whether this causes a problem with the camera this is not something that you should let happen to you to begin with since it's a massive disadvantage even if the camera behaves and as such it absolutely is something the player should actively be avoiding and planning around by having basic spacial awareness, especially if they know the limitations of the camera system.
This is only a major problem if you've grown too used to the newer Souls titles placing you in a featureless box with an enemy that handles your positioning for you with your only defensive task being to roll on command. Even older fights in the Souls series didn't want you to get cornered in the more haphazard terrain.

>This isn't a shitpost.
>And honestly I'm fucking bad at this game
fuck off

Protip for the beginning:

- Beat the guy on horse first
- Drunkard second. Your increased attack from beating the first real boss helps a lot against him. Continue to finish the Hirana Estate after that.

I died to the drunkard easily the most I've died to any boss so far in the game, because I was stubbornly trying to beat him while being underpowered. Attack power 2 is about the ideal spot to get through Hirana Estate, I think. Except maybe for the three-story pagoda. Doable, but tough.

Attached: 20190406150319_1.jpg (2560x1440, 525K)

By replying to me you have given me more power.

Took about a week playing an hour or two every day.
I found out on one of the loading screens I'd not been using the mikiri counter the entire game. I'd been pressing L1 and just getting regular parries on thrusts, I didn't realize you had to dodge into them.
Yeh I know, I'm retarded.

>The combat is retardedly defensive

You can be very offensive you casual faggot lmao. Not my fault you can't hit some buttons.

It shouldn’t be a thing how to read a boss? Or how to position a camera? Are you literally arguing that a game shouldn’t have the player control the camera? Just because Sekiro’s camera sucks with with the mobile, fast-paced camera doesn’t mean it can’t be done right.

slurp that From dick harder why don't ya

I've never played a 3D game where the camera wasn't an issue at least once, outside of games like classic Resident Evil or MGS where it's static. That said, I've only had an issue with the camera maybe twice with this game. I just don't think it's a serious complaint to bother making because it's been a consistent problem that has plagued the genre forever.
>dude I'm playing my 3rd person action game and the camera got stuck and I died that's bullshit

How can you write so many sentences and get everything wrong in the second one? The only way I beat this game was by going BB-aggressive and using parries instead of r1.

How do I be aggressive when the enemies just parry everything or keep attacking through my attacks. Like for the common axe guys am I supposed to just time it so I can sneak in attacks at the start up of their attack animation so I have time tonparry when the swing actually goes through? I've been having to run in and out constantly poking them down with charge attacks

>Not just systematically picking off all his back up, then activating the blue-robed samurai to 2v1 him
Yeh it's probably cheese but it made him fucking easy.

I agree with this because the horse fight is not only challenging and fun, even if you die a few times, but it's really easy to get to and you don't have to worry about clearing out enemies to get a "good run" going. When I first started playing the drunkard was one of the first minibosses I fought and I died to him a shitload of times, and a handful of those attempts I just restarted instantly because I got hit one too many times while clearing his minions and using a gourd that I thought I would've needed. In the end when I beat him I think I still had a sip or two left.

With this particular boss, and several others in the game it is possible for the camera to become glitched in a completely open area if you dodge the boss's leaping attack in a particular way. The camera spins into a position that puts it right under Sekiro's butt. This is not a design feature, this is just bad programming.

I went drunkard first, but that was just cause I stumbled on the Hirata estate first.

I killed him by cheesing a health bar with a stealth strike and bringing in samurai bro then for a distraction. It made him easier than horse bro because I didn't die once, but horse bro got me once.

Lady Butterfly's second phase kept fucking me up.

>parries instead of attack
Yeah, that’s called playing defensively. The parry is the same button as the guard. Even if the timing is off, most of the time it’s still at least a guard if you’re quick enough.

I don't think it's cheese because to me the game intends for you to be a slimeball. You're a shinobi, not a samurai, you don't have the same honor code a samurai would. And besides, you're outnumbered 10 to 1 or something, and one of the guys is 10 ft tall and has 2 health bars. So fuck em and fuck honor, do what you need to to win.

So this is the face of the soulsbab when he cant summon and overlevel? Can't even reach the first boss?

A lot of the fights in the game are skill checks. Like Gonbyou or w/e is a skill check for parrying and grappling during a fight. Butterfly is a skillcheck for dodge attacks and parrying. The drunkard is a skill check for dealing with minions. And then someone like Genichiro is a skill check for all of the core mechanics of the game; deflecting, makari counter, dodging grabs and sweeps, etc.

That's not cheese, that's how you're supposed to win that fight. Beating him the "hard way" is just a bonus.

Well yes. The camera should never be an adversity in an action game. It doesn’t add anything, it can only hinder. Whatever mechanics they have tied to the camera fucking sucks. I won’t argue with that.

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/252
>3 combat arts equipped
Nice

honestly the first phase of that fight is the hardest and least fun part of it. Or maybe I've just never learned how to properly fight it despite having beaten it 3 times not counting the refight

I don't often say this, but unironically, just git gud (give yourself some more time)
>every single time it was due to camera issues
No, it wasn't. Maybe try unlocking the camera...? Like you have to in Bloodborne?

Be more aggressive in the first half. Just whip up on his ass, and use posture breaking and running attacks. He will be staggered and then you can hit him some more. I believe it is even possible to re-stagger him when he stands back up if you interrupt his next attack and manage to hit him on the head. Just watch for his perilous attack and jump out of it.

>How do I be aggressive when the enemies just parry everything
Forcing them to parry still wears at their posture. If the enemy is attacking you, you should be countering with the appropriate means, jumping over/ mikiri countering perilous attacks, dodging grabs and then punishing them, but 90% of the time it means perfect-deflecting them. If the enemy is not attacking you, you should be attacking them.
Also Ichimoniji is by far the best skill because it is an attack that recovers a significant amount of posture. Utilizing it effectively means you literally never have to stop.
> Like for the common axe guys
?
No common enemies in this game use an axe. Do you mean the shield guys? Smack 'em with the axe. If you don't want to use spirit emblems then you can just perfect deflect their shield bash.

Don’t be intimated by the literal headless zombie ape. The first phase is the only exhausting one, but just sprinting the whole time is hugely useful if you’re having trouble. The second phase has very readable and slow attacks, and parrying does major posture damage.

>No common enemies in this game use an axe.
iirc there are ax guys in the Hidden Forest at least

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

You can deflect his attacks during his first phase. It doesn't seem like it cuz he's huge, but you can, and it makes a big difference. There are a few times when he's worn out and vulnerable and you can get some swipes in easily during the first phase, which helps. Like other people said, once you've gotten his head off, use the spear. He's attacking with a sword so even if you can't bring yourself to deflect or be aggressive in his first phase, you should be more comfortable with that, because he's basically just a giant guy with a normal sized sword. Deflecting is going to be your biggest boon in both phases. Just run away when he does his terror roar in the second phase, and deflect his shit when he's swinging.

He does some giant ridiculous overhead where he stands fully upright, if you deflect that it gives you the chance to use your spear to pull the centipede out.

I'm starting to think you don't know what a fucking axe is.

Attached: 1377188458953.jpg (321x320, 30K)

>Also Ichimoniji is by far the best skill because it is an attack that recovers a significant amount of posture. Utilizing it effectively means you literally never have to stop.

mfw double ichi

Attached: yeahc.png (1514x1072, 1.12M)

>Criticizing From games in every post, calling the control scheme limiting and retarded and pointing out how much the later Souls games degenerated
Just because I'm not sucking your dick doesn't mean I'm sucking theirs.

You are constantly stepping on their dick, you're not backing off but rather taking every opportunity to attack and guarding when they attack back. Just because you're not poising through their attacks doesn't mean that it's defensive play.

The axe guys at Hirata estate most likely that can tank hits while attacking but have a slow windup.

I had a harder time with the drunk guy and the first ogre than either ape or 2ape. Everything clicked after I beat Lady Butterfly and the ogre and it's been smooth sailing ever since, although I'm not done with the game yet.

Like the other guy said push your nose into their eye and R1 when you can and parry and deflect when they're attacking. A lot of guys can be worn down and killed if you just keep pressing them like this. Even if they're guarding and you hear the CLANG from their deflect, you just parry and deflect in response, and then keep attacking. Straight up sword fights in this game are like hollywood scenes, it's two guys banging their swords together until one dies.

I beat bloodborne not knowing how to target and exclusively spinning to win with the hunter axe charge attack. DS3 with a pure magic build naked with no points in health and never any summons. Furi and Cuphead were absolute fucking cakewalks I beat in a day. wtf I thought those games were supposed to be hard bros what's the difference that makes this one so much harder?

Oh THOSE guys? Those absolute nothing enemies that I literally forgot about because they're just fodder?
If he's having trouble with those, wew lad. You just deflect them once or twice and they fucking die.

Attached: 1547741759948.gif (320x344, 3.05M)

Why are so many retards in this thread acting like parrying is aggressive? It's a defensive move for fuck's sake.

Attached: netflix is the future.png (576x230, 223K)

I find 2nd phase to be easier since its attack is much more predictable and focus more on deflecting.

For me it's the whole issue of "where in the fuck am I supposed to go"
I didn't realize this game would be open world

Isshin 2nd phase is destroying me.

>Why are so many retards in this thread acting like parrying is aggressive?
Because utilizing it effectively allows you to stay right up inside your enemy's ass hole and constantly keep pressuring them, brainlet.

then what kind of weapon is this?

Attached: 9890404.jpg (486x499, 18K)

Stop hesitating.

You're mixing up two or three different users, dummy.

I'm gonna test being super aggressive tomorrow but I don't get it, if you're attacking every time available how do you parry? Surely you have to hold off attacking at some point to time the parry.

>sekiro
>defensive

Laughing my fucking ass off.

get off this website and try again.

The axe guys are nothing once you're 10 hours into the game and start seeing them again in the mist forest, but early on they're niggery because they're holding your attention while you're deflecting or waiting to deflect while other guys are near you.

You can talk to a Samurai who is watching the fat drunk guy from a distance and he pretty much acts like a summon.
I think (as I've found out in many games) it all depends on the expectations you have with it before jumping in. I read a decent pasta that said that in Sekiro you're always the underdog, they're the samurai and you're the shinobi. That's why stuff like stealth, ambushing and fistful of ash are a thing.

But that’s not how he described it. I considered parrying repeatedly is a defensive play style, because even if your right in their face there’s pretty much no risk. Just break from the enemy and sprint around to a safe spot for a moment. You’re still letting them set the pace.

Because enemies will start blocking, and will then parry an attack and begin their own attack. You don't want to trade because trading on one mook means another is just going to have an easier time killing you. So you R1 on them while they're blocking, they'll eventually parry, then you block and parry and keep going with your R1. The samurai guys wearing the long samurai robes are a good example of how this back and forth goes.

Being aggressive is more than just spamming attacks, it's staying on a guy until his posture is broken and you get the kill. If you were playing super defensively you'd back off while they're attacking, rather than forcing them into this exchange that's in your favor.

>That's why stuff like stealth, ambushing and fistful of ash are a thing.
How the hell do I utilize ash? I've tried it a few times before but it never seems to make a difference.

Just keep at him, you'll learn his attack pattern eventually.
I have some minor cheese that may help you blow past that phase.
Requirement's are:
Living force
Oil
Flame vent
Get some distance from him (not too much, otherwise he'll just pull out his pistol) and wait for him to do his jumping attack, this is very easy to dodge and punish, and he telegraphs it pretty obviously.
Smack him with an oil bottle, then punish the jump with the flame vent, then immediately attack into Living Force, setting your sword on fire. Keep attack, he will be afflicted with burn and stagger. If you do this you can get a good 5-7 hits off on him + the flame vent damage + the burn damage. Do this twice and you'll get his health below the main posture-regen gate. Do it 3 times and the phase it basically over.
Bare in mind each attempt will cost you 3 spirit emblems so you've got 6 attempts (11 if you want to use the tanto) at this during the entire fight.

I love the game, it's right up there with Dark Souls for me. Souls for exploration/adventure and Sekiro for combat. I was never one of the Souls players who tried out a million different builds, I'd usually just try out 10 or so weapons over the course of the game. So with that in mind the reason I like Sekiro's combat over Souls is because it has much more depth considering it's all focused around one weapon (maybe not the weapon itself but the way the fights actually play out). Boss battles are much more fun for me when you're up in the enemies face in actual combat instead of dodging around waiting to get hits in and I love the risk and reward that comes with parrying and your posture bar.

Attached: Untitled.png (635x152, 43K)

You stop attacking and press L1 when you see the enemy starting an attack? That might sound like you're retreating to a defensive position, but in practice the switch from attacking to deflecting happens in under one second, and depending on the enemy and attack just opens them right back up while dealing additional posture damage in the process. The axe guys early on like to get little pokes in and armor through your attacks, but I can guarantee you that they'll turn into cannon fodder like all the rest as you keep playing, as somebody who had trouble with the exact same early game stuff you have been.

>You’re still letting them set the pace.
Part of the sword style Sekiro uses heavily references water often and how it flows. Even though the enemy is attacking you, you're using it against him because you're breaking his posture. You're redirecting a river, in other words. Just because the enemy is attacking, and you're not dealing direct damage, doesn't mean you're not being aggressive. You're still setting up a kill.

If you play this game on the defensive, you are gunna have a bad time.

Yeh I forgot about them because they are nothing enemies. They're only in 2 areas, the Ashina memory and the forest. In the memory they're a joke, they're fodder enemies. In the forest you don't even have to fight them and they disappear once you kill the noble.

>because they're holding your attention while you're deflecting or waiting to deflect while other guys are near you.
You do realize just how much mobility you have in this game, right? Even at the early game the fodder enemies are easy to handle, just isolate the weakest and pick them off. They can't touch you.

It has taken me literally until the Corrupted Monk fight to really have a good grasp of the game's mechanics. You're barely 1/8th of the way through the game.

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

about 2 hours

Attached: Sekiro - last boss phase 2.webm (782x440, 2.94M)

Not everybody's going to run around to do that, and sometimes, especially in the earlier parts when you're running through the city, you just end up aggroing more guys. I'm just saying if you're going to try to fight the axe guys and it's not 1v1, their delayed attacks and poise puts you at a disadvantage while there's other dudes around.

>1/8th
Nigger the drunkard is right at the start of the game. He's more like 1/16th or 1/20th of the way through.

join the club, OP

Attached: cuckiro metacritic.png (1944x1322, 624K)

You don't have to do the memory immediately.

>Talk about the games "faults"
>Is not even a sixth of the way through

My only real complaint with the combat in the game is that there's one symbol for unblockables. Thrusts, grabs, and sweeps all give you the same symbol and the same sound effect. I almost would've preferred if there wasn't a symbol or sound, because it draws my attention away from the guy and his movements and makes me look at the symbol, so I have trouble reacting appropriately a lot of the time. I know you can just jump over basically every unblockable but that kind of defeats the point to me when there's a skill that specifically counters one of them.

You can use everything you described against them, and using your mobility does not mean running face first into more enemies. Use your environment. Use the tools at your disposal. I never had a problem with any of the early game enemies, apart from the shield guys because at first I missed the axe and the window to deflect them is very specific.

You start parrying when enemy parries you. There's a distinct sound between defending and parrying so you will know when you should stop attacking and start defending.

3 days. Struck him with lightning 3 times in a row

Attached: 1556939201160.jpg (817x460, 90K)

Get gud faggot

No but it becomes available almost immediately, putting it right at the start of the game.

The games biggest flaw is making running infinite. I'm glad you aren't limited with dodges/strikes, but running should have it's own stamina bar to stop people from cheesing the whole fucking game

I'm not saying the axe guys are hard, I'm just saying how I understand someone would have trouble with them. Their attacks and resistance to being stunned by an attack makes them unwieldy to deal with compared to other fodder.

Two days I guess?

I agree. They should have made it just a sound instead or added like a glow around their sword or some shit. The symbol is way too much

This thread is how I'm getting gud faggot

35 minutes. 3 Resurrections seems like a little too much for late game the first time around.

Nah, I had platinum in the game in just under a week, and I pretty much agree with all of this. Game is shit, and the people who REEEE at you or proclaim it a masterpiece are just people riding FROM's dick or who want to virtue signal about being some kind of hardcore dickwaver.

There are a few bullshit things the game has. For example the Long Armed Centipede boss in Senpou has a fire throwing attack which is utter horseshit because it goes through walls and hit me outside the shack. That is serious bullshit.

I beat him using only one resurrection and 4 gourd uses. I had more available but that is what I used.

I can't read your shit. Use formating, faggot.

I STILL HAVE A QUESTION

>The fucking attack warnings are in japanese so basically guess right or die.
No one else gonna call him out on this stupid fucking statement?

The visuals don't really suit it, either. Boss models with cloth physics everywhere and fairly detailed environments mean that it's often difficult to properly read the animation, so you're unsure whether it's a thrust or sweep. And there are a lot of those attacks that start in similar ways, or similar enough that it's unfair to the player.

about 8 hours spread among 5 days or something

It's seriously not hard to read the animations. Asking for their to be different symbols per attack would take out the difficulty and make you focus on the wrong thing. You're asking for an easy mode unironically

I didn't realize they were all the same. That's kind of even worse though. The information is so loud yet nonspecific, you can't even tell who the unblockable is coming from since it's over your head and not the enemy's.

Just beat the game. It's a 7/10.

If they had given each attack a different symbol all of Yea Forums would have shouted
>ATB! ATB! ATB! REEEEEEEEE

I didn't ask for that, though. I just said that the visual design isn't best suited to that kind of game. For example Punch-Out is fairly similar and it has a stripped-down visual design to accommodate the fact that the player is expected to read and react to animations quickly

And if I ask for no symbol at all? There are enemies who crouch down and draw their weapon back, and thrust, and sometimes a similar animation plays for a sweep. A giant red warning sign on my screen doesn't help me discern the difference, it just distracts me. I would be fine with just the sound effect because it's distinct enough, but the symbol draws my eyes away from the enemy.

didn't even read that far, but yeah. The character is always the same, no one is fucking reading the screen for what to do, they're looking at the enemy.

nice, but I was actually talking about using 3 reses to progress on content you don't know quickly. I just checked from my recording, and the time I finished was all 10 gourds / 1 res.

I think you might want to try again, bite down should allow you to res as long as you have pink circles. This allows you to die multiple times to the same enemy/encounter, because normally you get a black mark across your resses when you use it once and then have to recharge before you can go again.

I wish I was as cool as you

It tells you to watch the fuck out, which is more than it should. You are literally just a shitter. I'm below average and had no trouble, so I can't imagine how fucking pathetic you are at the game

What really gets me is if their attack like the ape ends with it grabbing you but is treated as a sweep to avoid it.

Even DSP made it through the game, let that motivate you.

3 tries for our boy DSP

Part of my complaint with the whole sweep, grab, thrust warning system is that they can all mostly be dealt with by just jumping away. I find myself jumping away from enemies who only ever perform a thrust because I see that red symbol and think "oh shit it's a grab or a sweep."

If I'm supposed to be pavlov's dog, I'm not being trained very well. I want to marikari counter thrusts, but that dumbass symbol that shows up for both grabs and sweeps as well makes me panic.

Each enemy has a different attack pattern/animations. This is not new or exclusive to perilous attacks. I personally never found it difficult to tell the difference, even when I was fighting a new enemy.

Okay great. Lemme turn off the warning symbol then.

filtered harder than my coffee this morning

A sweep they'll turn their body and sword towards the side and the ground. A thrust will go straight back. A grab is obvious

You should learn mikiri counters. They are the best things ever. I spent Isshin fighting hoping the whole time for his thrust to mikiri counter to pop up. It was a life saver.

>A thrust will go straight back
Unless Genichiro who just goes straight into a thrust with no prior movement. Fuck that move.

I beat the whole Hirata Estate with only a prayer bead health upgrade. Butterfly was tough but really fun to fight.

Learning them won't make a difference to what user is saying.

This whole thread is a frustrating lack of reading comprehension. I'm out.

Its on the same timing every time. If you cant get the rhythm down thats your problem.

>You should learn mikiri counters.
You have completely misinterpreted the point I'm making.

Players should not be required to blind parry an enemy's attacks from memory. You're starting to sound silly.

Aye how do I beat the demon of hatred, he's pushing my shit in

Did Dark Souls have this many apologists?

Attached: latest.jpg (431x500, 22K)

Run around in circles and hit him in the nutsack.

On an unrelated note: How do I get over there?

Attached: AC58B6DE622FE000EF041E7B16859858BCE5CB5D[1].jpg (2560x1440, 991K)

It's a consumable version of the Firecracker prosthetic. Just use it when you see a big tough attack coming to interrupt it.

there's a grapple on the roof of shortcut from the next area.

I just want play through OoT again for the first time bros

It's weird because I'm generally really good at vidya. This game hasn't been clicking for me at all.
A filter is if I quit. I'm gonna go to sleep, wake up, get hydrated, and either fuck everything up easily or ram my head against the wall until the wall breaks. I'm not going to have fun but I can't stand not knowing what I'm doing wrong.

I had a hard time with her and a few times got my camera stuck in a rock with her right up against me, so I might be biased, but I agree. Not just because of that shit but because in my experience I don't think just parrying her and nothing else is a reasonable way to kill her. You have to get some R1s in to slow her posture recovery, because it's fucking fast, and I swear she has at least a single sweep in one of her combos that does not warn you it's a sweep. The way the boss fight goes you want to be able to thrust counter when you can and jump kick over sweeps when you can, as well as R1ing between attacks when you can. Being able to panic and jump over any unblockable is also a plus. You can't do this shit effectively when you're stuck in the wall and your camera is fucked and she's standing ontop of you. Anyone who says "dude just guitar hero it memorize the rhythm" is a fucking faggot.

Thank you!
Didnt see it and was trying to jump over in the right angle for atleast 15 minutes now.

Attached: CF49701F93AD8909D12E6484EB38FD5103758F37[1].jpg (2560x1440, 667K)

Does it work on everything? An item like that seems like it's only useful against generic enemies.

how do you distract that huge snake the 2nd time around? when i grapple on the ledge it just insta gibs me

Attached: man-who-sold-the-world.jpg (285x200, 8K)

Look out user! An enemy is about to spot you!

Where? The cave or the ravine?

The old lady hints that you must become a trainer of monkeys and use it to distract the snake. Now if only you had a way to make enemies act how you want them to. hmm...

I just stabbed the thing in its eye and got by.

Think about what abilities and items you have recently gained.

I need to get back to Kuro, but his idol and all the idols in his area are disconnected. I can't warp to them. I am retarded and I must protect my master. Where do I go?

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 05-25-46-20.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Return back using the abandoned dungeon

WHY IS HE COWERING IN FEAR
WHAT IS HAPPENING
I AM SCARED TOO

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 05-28-24-15.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

Go to kuro....

WHO ARE THESE MEN

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 05-29-11-31.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Oh you think you're scared NOW?

Just take the same path you took the first time.

>I am retarded and I must protect my master

Attached: Laughing_Black_Man.gif (160x120, 1.52M)

They are wearing red and have two katanas, so they are clearly Edgelords from the Kanagawa prefecture Edgelord Concern.

I HAVE TO FIND KURO

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 05-33-28-13.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

You need to grow up and accept that OoT has not aged well at all.

I love this user

Only valid complaints for the game are the:
Sluggish controls
Having to grind (refreshing sanctuary steps 60 times is tiring) to get access to all the moves
Combat moves being incredibly useful or absolute garbage with no in-between
Prosthetics (exempting crackers) being relatively useless on latter bosses outside of a few bosses who are blatantly weak to a single specific one (App, Snake Eyes,etc)
Lack of a hub world to give Ashina a bit more life as opposed to being just a farming battlefield.
Even though it's obvious DLC bait, lack of Shogunate bosses and enemies
Lack of lore documents/nods to previous knowledge (illusion forest doesn't have any nods to Lady Butterfly, Temple no nods to Robert, etc)

>Prosthetics (exempting crackers) being relatively useless on latter bosses
Umbrella is more useful than fire crackers. Umbrella is a life saver for some bosses.

God I'm retarded.
Though I think it's possible to not have puppeteer yet when doing that since you can do that quite early. I just let it strike me in a way that prevented me from getting knocked off the ledge and dashed for it after resurrecting

I think that the default control scheme, being unable to hotkey items and prosthetics and having the combat moves/Ninjutsu limited to one at a time are valid complaints.

I wouldn't do any spoopy enemies without it.

>tfw using umbrella on Isshin for his big AOE attacks
Sent that shit right back at him, no hesitation.

>hahaha le filtered xd

this is my main problem with the game, the fact that every boss is also guarding all of your hits unless they're open for a punish makes fights feel very scripted. It's clear that they're looking for a way around the circlestrafe R1 problem but idk if this is it. The game has high quality, skill based cinematic combat but it's not something that's gonna get me to put in multiple playthroughs.

2 many 2 read, just get gud

nioh is more fun and interesting, I'm still sad about nekomata meanwhile I give zero fucks about kuro

from software should stop trying so hard to make cuhrayze games and revert back to their interesting world building of demon's souls, nobody gives a fuck about their combat, as much as I hate matthewfagosis, he is completely right in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=Np5PdpsfINA

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 1.42M)

Agreed on most points, though I would add Headless and Shittymen being absolute tedium without confetti, and complete pushovers with it. Though I feel like that's also because Terror is a terribly utilised mechanic.

>This isn't a shitpost. I'm actually extremely disappointed in this game. The combat is retardedly defensive.
Ok, this is shitpost

There's many openings to exploit. Them guarding your attacks also damages their posture, so getting in their face and fighting well works fine even if they block.

wrong

Are you colorblind?

I acknowledged the specific cheese tactic for the BS Headless and Shikimen that deserve it. Requiring divine confetti is a stupid mechanic. Terror should do something else than insta death. Like disable your items.

Deflects and dodges need to be more precise too, I know to stick to double taps outside of obvious stuns, and it still feels like the controls are fighting me sometimes. Became very blatant on Owl when you need to mix up your dodges and deflects if you don't want to fight him like a little bitch. Mikiri and 2 combat arts should be able to be mapped to a different button instead of requiring combined inputs.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-03-17-10.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

It does feel sort of scripted, especially the generous mikiri counters to give you some breathing room but it does do a good job at encouraging the right sort of playstyle, more so than DaS2 did with its tracking or DaS3 did by just making everything do huge sweeps along with fucking with shields for most encounters.
You generally are much more likely to kill an enemy with posture damage but gradual chip damage can also do an enemy in as well as making successive attempts at a posture kill easier. It makes the hesitant playstyle associated with circlestrafing less prominent but doesn't completely shut you out of learning what a boss is all about when they throw you a curveball.
I don't think the game will get multiple playthroughs from me either since Souls did a better job at appealing to that kind of idea by doing more than just offering the chance to make the game harder. It doesn't feel like there's a way to massively vary up your playstyle since you always have the same bread and butter with a selection of situational gear that you use on a per encounter basis.

Can't a base ps4 user tell me if the 30fps is an issue for this?

I played it on PC and seemed like 60 was a must for the parry timing.

WHY

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-06-40-57.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

WHAT DO I DO?

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-07-08-70.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

Break the Code

>your health is so limited that if a random shitter touches you you might as well reset.
I know this entire thread is bait but I don't mind discussing Sekiro. Anyway, you should invest in the Breath of Life skills that give you VIT for doing deathblows so you don't have to waste flasks or pellets so much.

>attack warnings are in japanese
Doesn't matter since it just says ''danger'' or equivalent for all attacks, you have to actually watch if it's gonna be a sweep, thrust or a grab anyway.

Attached: D5bSfgSXoAIYKxd.jpg (524x900, 87K)

Dad. He is telling the truth. Kuro is bad ending.

What does your heart tell you?

Remember the cutscene at the start. Your father is always first

>avatarfagging with twitch thot
Degenerate at it again

Don't be retard user. You're a shinobi so follow the code. Not some retard servant

shit way to add difficulty desu. Needlessly frustrating.

I FEEL LIKE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG

Attached: 1535520117190.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

Would you really betray your Father like that? What a terrible son.

Owl fucking stabbed you at the start. Fuck him.

I'm gonna spoil it you'll get the bad ending if you break the code

I've played through this game twice. You're playing it wrong. Watch other people play the game, and you'll see what I mean.

I LIVE AND DIE FOR MY FATHER

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-13-25-08.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Owl is a literally Hoo betray him.

C'mon user don't lie to him
It was isshin. That's why he's the final boss

Dude, that arena is one of the biggest, how the fuck do you get cornered so much

You and I both know it was that asshole Owl. Check the blades.

Not him, but I play only remote play on a shitty wifi because I do not have a tv where I can use my ps4, and that has not only more input delay but stuttering and lag, and I got the platinum two weeks ago.
Stop complaining and improve you little bitch.

you forgot your ultros

Attached: Ultros.jpg (1024x752, 16K)

You think the game is shit but spent the time to get the platinum?

Attached: 1556953651516.jpg (339x149, 6K)

Good fucking job, idiot.

Congrats you got the bad end and will miss 40% of the game.

Yea I just wanted him to break the code

Have fun in ng+ without Kuro's charm.

*Not break the code

Let me expand on that

>can only have one combat art/ninjutsu equipped at a time which actually limits their overall usefulness since you don't want to switch by going to the pause menu all the time
>combat is simply not designed around group combat because it wants you to stealth kill or run away, 2ape is cancer because of this
>the prosthetics are about as useful as special weapons in Mega Man
>spirit emblem system is retarded as your stock carries over between deaths, so if you die to a boss often enough you might just run out forcing you to grind some more gold, they could have just made it refill on rest
>buffs are too weak and too short except for divine spaghetti and the cloaking spiritfall
>perilous attacks should have been mixed up more often instead of appearing during set times in a combo to keep you on your toes
>thrusts feel kinda pointless as bosses will parry it guaranteed while Owl will even Mikiri it for guaranteed damage
>red kanji for perilous attack is the same for all types which screws with your muscle memory because you don't know at first whether its a sweep/thrust/grab but your muscle memory inputs a jump against a thrust anyways
>deflect timing on attacks are very ambiguous and requires a lot of trial and error to get right for every single possible attack animation, they could have just had a consistent tell independent of attack animation which would be more consistently clear on when you should deflect than looking at the animations themselves
>most bosses don't really have any gimmicks to turn the combat system on its head as a lot of it is just different variations on melee attack strings
>grappling hook is disappointingly integrated into combat itself
>the fact that some attacks have poise isn't telegraphed at all

lmao get fucked on

Well that's understandable give-
>ghost corrupted monk
Jesus Christ

Anyway, if you suck at the fight, just bait her to do a jumping slam and punish that. When you get her to around halfway, use snap seeds and then Firecracker prosthetic on her. She's pretty easy fight and has a lot of moves that are punishable. Get distance from her, bait her into jumping and keep at it.

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

The one thing i think is actually bad game design is having the grab move and thrust move have the same indication sign being red chinese mark and the way to prevent them is completely opposite
to avoid grabs is to dodge back and if you press dodge forward you're fucked
to avoid thrusts you dodge forward and Mikami counter and if you dodge back you get fucked since they're so long
rant over im stuck and monkey and the guy who inflicts terror in dungeon games sick

you're not alone. I don't know why so many people defend it to death.

>nioh is more fun and interesting, I'm still sad about nekomata meanwhile I give zero fucks about kuro
You literally speak with nekomata 5 times and it's revealed he didin't die you masssive tool

WHAT AM I DOING?

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-22-47-87.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

Good job, tear her appart

Shadman Warrior in the Dungeon is optional but you do get an item from killing him. The Ape is not THAT bad as long as you learn to not fall into his jukes and only take the safe punishes with him. When he falls to his back and thrashes around in phase 1 is a good time to punish him.

Attached: D4iVghoW0AIvO-B.jpg (637x1200, 131K)

Can't be the only one who likes to hear Emma's pain moans

Don't worry you're on the good ending path

is there anything more disgusting than thigh tattoos?

Attached: 213759-z3.jpg (238x210, 52K)

How the FUCK do I beat the Demon of Hatred (Sculptor). Even with the flame gourd, fire umbrella, and dousing powder this dude does too much fire damage throughout 3 health bars.

Attached: wowjak2.jpg (633x758, 175K)

not him, I've already beaten the game, but what do snap seeds do on the corrupted monk?

I FEEL LIKE I'M DOING SOMETHING VERY, VERY WRONG

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-04 06-27-33-73.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

He's the one boss you're not supposed to deflect. Stay behind him, kill him through vitality.

ok enough, you are retarded

On the ghost monk the snap seeds directly take chunks off of her lifebar.

you are the demons, john.

I'm glad that people are finally waking up to Sekiro being a letdown, not as much as DkS2 of course but a letdown still. But you still have the usual fromdrones shitting the threads up.

Tattoos in general are fucking disgusting

His stomps are pretty easy to deflect though

you get judgment cut for beating him so that's a good ending in my book

Attached: file.png (240x262, 114K)

True enough. I was thinking about the left arm.

oh wow. I didn't really have a problem with the ghost or regular monk fight, but that would have sped things along. now that I think about it, after phase 1 when fighting the real monk when it summons the copy to attack you with the mist will using snap seeds dispell it? I just grappled into the trees and waited there lol.

>No weapons
>No items
>No fashion
>No worthwhile special moves except for 1
>Tools just aren't interesting due to their very limited usefulness + very limited uses
>Close to no regular enemy variety (not that it would matter because the game inbetween bosses is more boring than Assassin's Creed on easy)
>Boss rehashes out the ass in a game with truly no excuses for it, even main bosses get reused
>Uninspired music
>Lore is just "nippon mythology lmao"
>Only replay value is adding artificial difficulty by adding multipliers
It does make you wonder what they have even been doing all these years.
I hope From finds their way back to making a great game next time
How people defend this game in good faith? 'Tis beyond me

Attached: D4IMZ01XoAEQQT-.jpg (449x474, 24K)

Yes, I realize that there are many openings, but you have no opportunity to create your own or work outside of the system, the combat is almost completely reactive unless you're using some AI exploit like speedrunners generally do on most of the bosses. "Not enough openings" isn't my problem with the game, it's that, aside from very limited use gadgets, you don't really have the ability to create openings on most bosses, and you're waiting for them to hand them to you. Ape was honestly my favorite fight just because it wasn't locked into that rhythm cycle.

Also the unseen aid and dragonrot mechanics are both bad. Dragonrot should have only applied when using your resurrection, not on dying, and the effects should have been worse. In effect it would be a way to punish you for brute forcing the game using multiple lives on each combat instead of punishing you (but not very much) for trial and erroring in a game that much like Dark Souls is mostly about pattern recognition and is even more about building muscle memory for parry windows due to how reactive it is.

I get that there's this meta narrative going on that is anti-dark souls in this game, in dark souls the loading screens remind you that it's okay to die because you keep your progress and can get your souls back, in Sekiro you cannot get souls back and dying too much harms the world around you. But you really shouldn't combine a subtle narrative like that with dark souls style pattern recognition bosses while also maintaining a high level of difficulty.

I don't know since I insta death blow'd her from the tree branch after she was done with the illusion bs.

>No items
Now that's just plain untrue.
>No worthwhile special moves except for 1
I can think of at least three.
>Only replay value is adding artificial difficulty by adding multipliers
You forgot about charmless.

'Tis a faggot

>Added block damage
>Not just a multiplier
?

You're playing it wrong, it's actually easier when you're aggressive
>The camera is zoomed in right up to your ass
Wasn't a problem for me. Maybe you're sitting too close
>The fucking attack warnings are in japanese so basically guess right or die.
The attack warnings are not specific. They all say "Perilous Attack". And you aren't guessing. Watch the enemy's animation and react appropriately
>Minibosses with adds are a slog because it's optimal to kill all the adds, run away to reset, then fish for an ambush on the boss and then you get to make an attempt.
You're just bad, and you're trying to play like a shitter to cover up your badness
>Your health is so limited that even if a random shitter touches you, you might as well run back because you're probably going to get one-shot.
STOP GETTING HIT. LEARN TO PARRY
> And honestly I'm fucking bad at this game
Oh, at least you're aware of it

>I can think of at least three.
You either use Ichimonji Double or you use nothing at all, faggot

HESITATION IS DEFEAT
4 tries.
Charmless on the other hand took me like three days.

Chip damage isn't multiplied, since it's 0 with the charm.

Yeh I'm so hyped every time I find another sugar which are not only semi useless but are actually replaced by items that do the same job infinitely

The items have shorter duration and cost emblems dumbass

Ashina Cross is fun. Single Ichimonji let's you disrupt Ishins charged up whirlwind slash without getting punished. Floating passage chips the hell out of regular enemies. Ichimonji double is king.

Who cares, no one needs that shit anyway

You forgot mortal draw

I didn't get to use it yet since the update, so I can't judge it.

Literally doesn't even onehit most regular soldier grunts, also wastes emblems

Wow ok that sure makes it better (lol)

>He fell for the bait

Attached: 1555134496781.png (631x710, 1003K)

Just cause you didn't use them doesn't mean nobody did. I used them multiple times
It does decent amount of damage even if the enemy is blocking. I mostly used it for bosses. Yea it wastes emblems but you can still use it without the emblems. Plus if I needed more emblems I can always use that dagger

I went back to BB after 7th playthrough of Sekiro. Used to have problem dealing with DLC bosses, but now i just feel like a fucking god. I finally git gud, bros.

It forces you to play differently in a way that a mere multiplier wouldn't.

>Close to no regular enemy variety (not that it would matter because the game inbetween bosses is more boring than Assassin's Creed on easy)
It really feels that way. The game just feels like a massive unfun waste of time if you aren't fighting one of the good bosses. It's due to explorations being unrewarding 90% of the time and enemies being pants on head retarded and weak.

Have fun with the bad ending, faggot.

Hesitation is defeat!

Around 50 tries, given that each try took me 4 to 5 minutes it should be 3 to 4 hours total.
The only reason it's hard is that it's essentially a sequence of three completely different bosses: genichiro, sword-mode isshin and spear-mode isshin. Each one is fairly simple but it also takes a few tries and so each phase takes exponentially more time.
From stumbled on this design strategy with the Nameless King and they seem to be milking it to death. I'm not happy about this because I don't think the process of beating a boss like this, is fun, at all.

Fromsoft's cameras get worse with every game.

30+ tries when I beat almost every other boss in under 5 tries and none over 10 tries.

Yes but the problem is that they are aware of it and actually used the camera against you during the Centipede boss fight or at least intended to

Is one mind any good?

The problem is that camera interacts poorly with the posture system.
In their other games you can manage the camera by keeping the fight in the middle of the arena. Here bosses will back away from you and your only choice is to either let them recover posture and let the fight go on forever, or chase them into a corner and get fucked by the camera.

>you need to grow up

Attached: 1555984666936.png (340x523, 344K)

>user explicitly says he is attempting to defeat enemy via swordplay alone
>(you) scan the post for 3 seconds then jump to give "advice" that includes using items and prosthetics

"Jesus christ" indeed.

I haven't even played Sekiro, but been on a soulsathon, and seent tha trend.

took me two tries, bitch

You haven't even bothered learning it properly yet that's why no one takes you seriously

checking yt, it seems to 1shot the monks for a 4 emblems cost, you decide if that's enough
looks rad as fuck tho

You're a fucking retard.
"I'm struggling with this game, instead of learning it and getting good, I'll just complain on Yea Forums."
Give it time, stop being a spastic and take your time, or just wait for easy mode.

Reading some of the posts about this game it has become clear that some people take nearly an hour to beat some bosses and they are somehow okay with that.

The bosses are the only worthwhile content so there is that

>explorations being unrewarding 90% of the time
OH BOY SUGAR

Attached: power_stance2.jpg (183x219, 8K)

Mostly it's actually
OH BOY NOTHING
After playing all their other games you just know where items would be placed, there is just nothing there because there are no items.

I never had any issues with the camera but the game is disappointing to me because of no replay value. After getting platinum, it was back to soulsborne for me. Soulsborne, even after platinum still had lots of things to try out. Sekiro? Nothing new

I got a question. if you don't resurrect for the second/third life and just take the death willingly does that still count towards building dragonrot?
and do dragon tears only cure one person at a time on use?

Attached: 1373154018469.jpg (612x612, 91K)

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

You replayed it 3 times yet complain there's no replay value? I'll admit it's not nearly as replayable as Souls or Bloodborne, but it's still plenty replayable

First phase is easy but his 2nd phase keeps fucking me up.
Wat do?

Attached: guardianape.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

about 5 hours on ng, and about 8 on ng+ charmless w/ bell.

When you respawn at the idol, that's what makes dragonrot increase. It doesn't matter if you use resurrection nodes or not: if you respawn at the idol you get dragonrot.
Dragon tears cure everyone, resetting dragonrot to zero completely.

can you deflect his overhead slam properly? then loaded spear his neck to pull out the centipede
If you suck at deflecting, play defensively and feed him shurikens during his scream/flame vent him after he lies on stomach

ok, thanks for the info.

>can you deflect his overhead slam properly? then loaded spear his neck to pull out the centipede
Alright, thanks. This does huge posture damage I take it? Do I need to have the spear upgraded?

it does both posture and vit damage
you don't need to upgrade it, but you need to use it properly(RT+RT, like pulling off the armor)

>tfw people here memed how build varierty and online does not matter
>one month later and everybody agrees sekiro is really bad compared to Soulsborne

Attached: 1530484521024.png (609x650, 30K)

>Makes me miss my ds1 run which had the opposite problem where broken ass weapons and shields made the game a walking simulator.
I thought it was really clever game design. If you bash your head against the wall too much the game forces you to take a break. I noticed it after being stuck on capra for too long.

You know how I know there is merit to OP's words? The fact that there is such overabundant anger in Yea Forums's reaction to them. If you actually spouted some retarded shit, it would probably just go ignored.

This game will be absolutely despised 1-2 years from now. It'll be rated below all Souls games. This is obvious from the fact that the excitement is already dying down less than two months after the release.

Spent more time whining in this thread than playing the actual game

you know how i know you haven't even played the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=qtNDctR2iMM

So after all these years of gaming it’s still the developers fault when we walk our character into a tight corner and expect the camera to just magically get a fucking AI system. Dude just don’t wedge yourself between walls I haven’t had a problem with a camera in a video game in years

Not him but anyone know if there's somewhere I can download all the sounds in the game? Would be super useful for sound modding like I do.

Lol more like you couldn’t beat NG+

despised? probably not. I think ds1 and bb are much better than it though. it has potential if they make more games with the mechanics they used in sekiro, but as it is it's too fragemented and the new additions/mechanics aren't flushed out enough to make it shine.

This dude still isn’t harder than Gerhman

I'm about to fight Genichiro on NG+ and the game is way easier than the first time around.

I found him much harder. Mostly because he has those mixups between fast attacks and slow attacks. Really hard to keep track of cause of it. Had the same problem with DS2 Fume Knight.

any Sekiro boss is harder than any soulsborne boss on the virtue of disabling vitgouging grindmonkeys alone

>I had harder time before I learned how to play

Go back to those enemies after you beat the game, and you see how much of a breeze they are.

OP is retarded, but I disliked how every Boss felt similar. The only bosses that required to change you play-style were the bull and the first phase of ape. But even they become shallow once you learn how broken firecrackers are, which luckily I didn't know on my first playthrough. Seriously, firecrackers are like poise in DS1, once you discover them, game becomes bogged down.

The lock on drop happens when you break line of sight for more than a couple seconds, which unfortunately happens a lot with Butterfly because of the posts getting in between you.
Also happened a couple times against the Sword Saint because of boulders.

About 2 hours. Fucking incredible bossfight. I think the only people that struggled with him more than that just never properly learned the game mechanics, case in point:

youtu.be/lucRvvB15IU?t=496

Thanks man, that did it. Got him on the 2nd try.

>struggled for hours to beat Owl 1
>everyone hypes up Owl 2 as being even harder, hardest boss in the game, kicked my ass, etc etc
>get to him
>beat him in a few tries after figuring out his gimmicks
What did I mean by this?

Attached: dond ged id.jpg (307x462, 22K)

the game is trash and it wont get better, but hey do as i did, finish the game and call it trash anyway, so weebs cant say shit like git gud

>Juzou the Drunkard
My guy, please. You can literally sprint from the savepoint and kill every single enemy within 60 seconds and than all you have left is a big fat guy that loses to circle strafing. Hell, if you talk to the samurai at the water's edge, you can kill all of Juzou's minions without anyone so much as glancing at you before they're dead.

What new things are there to try after platinum?

I only hate that Sekiro is so fucking slow. Every enemy can attack so much faster than the never dying super shinobi.

Objectively wrong. Git fucking gud dude.

Orphan of Kos is still much, much harder because you can't predict his moves.

>seething

TL;DR but you're right the game is garbage

Can someone post that webm of the Genichiro fight showing how cool the combat looks?

About 10-15 tries I think. I can't believe that Yea Forums is this full of actual noobs who suck at video games.

I just used the raven prosthetic to avoid the bite.

So if you choose bad ending (fuck Kuro-dono)you can't load previous to this choice and fight the Owl instead? You have to start the game from zero(NG+ or whatever)?

Yep. Your choices have consequences.

>Get to 2nd phase of 2nd monkey fight
>get a parry in on the headless ape
>rip out centipede with spear
>get slamdunked by brown ape right after
Fuck this shit.

Attached: FUGG.png (1907x1071, 3.24M)

walk to the right

I already beat him. I'm now on my 2nd ape fight.

>3.2 MB png

nigger

I believe the only truly bullshit part of this game is the random hyper armor. There's no rhyme or reason as to why certain attacks can power through your own. Isshin is literally only difficult because of this.

Attached: 1547293652649.png (249x311, 52K)

>autism

Just copy your save.

>The camera is zoomed in right up to your ass so it's impossible to see anything behind you
Oh man, zoomers like you would probably have a stroke if you ever tried playing God Hand.

Attached: 1554365268924.jpg (596x699, 157K)

THE FILTRATION NEVER ENDS

Attached: 1507092245487.jpg (911x922, 304K)

The issue was fixed by some broke Poles back when Witcher 1 was released. It's just cringey that From still can deal with it even with gorillions of dollars. But again who cares, Sekiro is so bug ridden that every speedrun is just a glitch jump.

I did it bros, I finally beat chained ogre. Shame the sculptor and the maid got rot though.

Ignore rot entirely unless you need something from the peasants.
The filthy mortals are of no concern to gods.

Considering Sekiro is basically a soft God Hand with ninjas and less moves, yeah, most people here would drop it at the twins.

rot was nearly removed from the game so no one cares about it. good thing they removed though because it could've been somewhat interesting and you don't want any of that shit in sekiro.

I liked sekiro but the camera is shit. The normal angle is bad, and it sometimes will spurg out if you get pushed back up against a wall while blocking a combo and the camera gets stuck on some geometry. This isn't a problem most modern games have, it's pretty stupid.

>something interesting wasn't removed from the game so no one cares about it

????

Bait for the scream then spam firecracker on brown ape.

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

6 tries on my first run, around 10 tries on my NG++ (charmless, demon bell). Ended up using sugars for him, i feel dirty.

30 minutes

The excitement is dying down because it has far lower replay value than Souls games

>Struggle to punish most openings out of fear they'll switch into a new attack and wreck me
>Miss one parry and I lose third health minimum
God I'm only at Genchiro Castle and it feels like hell aready.
Good game but man am I too scrub for it

This is what defines FromSoftware games as far as I understand. Slow, defensive and extremely unforgiving and punishing combat.
And you can't even complain about that because you'll immediately get shat on with "lol just get good" non-arguments.

Owl fights are the best desu.

Bloodborne wasn't defensive at all, the emphasis was on constant attacking to regain health.

Did it.
I'm now stuck on this cunt.

Attached: orin.jpg (1905x1071, 731K)

for some reason that's the hardest time I got in this game

lol just go around her

Genichiro was above and beyond the boss I used the most time on.

His phase 1 is fantastic though, sword on sword action is amazing. I still don't know how to deal with the lightining stuff

Ape was rather easy for me, and Ape 2.0 I literally did in one try because I got lucky.

Beat corrupted monk last night

She's just a sexier version of Giraffe Centipede
Just deflect everything until she dies

yeah fuck this bitch

>She's just a less sexy version of Giraffe Centipede

Combat is all about offense you dummy. Learn 2 parry

>sword on sword action is amazing
>pulls a bow at point blank

>The combat is retardedly defensive
stopped right there, you're literally just bad at the game
go get better

You gotta admit it's a cool fight, my favorite thus far.

P2 you're quickly reminded you're playing a Japaneese game since it turns to weeb shit

>Here’s your gourd seeds bitch!

Yeah I didn't know how to time the lightning stuff for that fight, I ended up just using mist raven to teleport through it.
Later on I realized how easy it is, you just jump into their lightning attacks, and hit the attack button in midair.

did you kill him?

i did, and it felt bad fucking hell

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-characters_the-owl.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHHAHHAA

Yeah it's one of the best. The only annoying thing is that Genichiro's voice is the few words, silent type but he still talks so goddamn much during the fight

This is factually wrong. You're punished hard if you're not going in 24/7.

Alright I fucked her up and found the guy in the house asking for someone to fill up the jugs of water. Do I just backtrack now to the samurai dude with poison and continue form there?

he's an asshole who stabbed you in the back. fuck him.

You literally just keep going through the village until you can't anymore

Once you reach the house you can only enter from above (it's a big brown hut by itself) go to the left side and over the cliffs, don't spend 15 minutes running around the house like I did

Slap her ass with Sabimaru

Attached: O-Rin sabimaru.webm (900x506, 1.99M)

You're not wrong OP. The game is pretty awful. Faggots are just defending it because they get to swing dicks about "LOL GIT GUD".

I have two gripes with the game. Stealth and the hook.

From is trying something different, but literally ground based gameplay with the combat would have been good.

But I guess that doesn't fit the ninja theme

Ok but what's on the other side past the poison ninja guy? I tried going there before but he fucked me up so I decided to go the other way first where I met O'rin and the guy in the temple.

git gud

If you're about to die and also have a res left (or preferrably 2), use bite down and revive with 50% health and you wont get locked out of res

What do you mean? the hook is almost never used in combat, which is very ground-based.
Stealth trivialize a lot of things yeah but the game focuses more on boss fights

man this is your first argument and you're already objectively wrong, try harder with your baits next time

I just don't like the hook in general. It makes an already linear game even more so.

I have unrionically been thinking about how a Genji style wall climb would have been in the game.

Hesitation is defeat

Something about this game just doesn't interest me like DS and BB.

I don't like the lack of gear and From's attempt at a more conventional story is pretty meh. It's a fin game technically but it just doesn't do it for me.

Attached: CYfb17WWYAAZ3i4.jpg (1200x871, 218K)

You forgot to mention it's also fucking boring

Hmm I've stood in place parrying this boss for the last minute and it appears I'm being steadily pushed into a corner. Should I dodge into a better position instead of continuing to parry on the spot?
No it is the game which is wrong.

Sabimaru is probably the worst prosthetic, rivaling the whistle.

you seem to have forgotten the fan

the game was dogshit, boring as fuck and they somehow fucked up the combat

I made this thread so I could learn it.

not an argument

Just keep at it. It just takes a while to learn and get used to the controls.
Note you can often also just spam the pary button to get perfect deflects.
Also the lower their health, the slower their posture damage diminishes.

no shit you dumb fucking faggot lmao

Just raged quit in fucking genichiro 3rd phase. Motherfucking Miyazaki you piece of shit.

Sorry to vent my anger in here.

His third phase is unironically his easiest phase.
When he does the lightning attack jump and press R1 to deflect it back to him for massive damage

fun fact: he always starts phase 3 with a jumping stab. free mikiri

Apparently "Defensive" is the shitter codeword for "I can't mash the attack buttons with my eyes closed" because Sekiro is extremely aggressive.

Attached: Crossbattle.webm (854x480, 2.94M)

>See Lightning
>Jump to absorb it then attack
>Immediately take away a quarter of his posture
>everything else is just the last two phases

How do you fuck this up? Genichiro is a pussy

Attached: ChineseSurrenderToJapanese.jpg (1335x650, 387K)

You can also bait this attack by using the gourd, this plus lightning reversals make it really easy imo.

filtered

Attached: 568FB2BA-79F8-4515-8321-E6C638D9FE13.png (304x304, 152K)

I just beat Owl but I feel like the health upgrades don't really do much. Even the shitty samurai guys in the brown armor who get stomped by those red ninja invaders just have their attacks scaled as I get increased health. Admittedly their posture breaks in one shot now so it's not a big deal but still.

I mainly keep on the axe, shuriken, and spear or flame vent. I feel guilty not trying out the other ones but they just seem kinda useless to use on anyone aside from easy basic enemies.

Go play instead.

Yea Forums threads aren't going to make your brain or hands work out successful strategies.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HESITATION IS DEFEAT

>I'm fucking bad at this game
That's all I need to know
Git gud

I think this very thread is the only place on the whole internet where people complain that the perilous attack symbol isn't different depending on attack. Is it so hard watching the telegraphed animations? I'm 100% sure that Yea Forums would be crying QTE if the symbol was a different color each attack or some shit.

Attached: 1486579922071.jpg (500x359, 30K)

Neither will my brain or hands lol. I'm in the middle of a move so this is still the best thing to be doing right now in terms of gitting gud.

Worst part is I have LV. 5 health and LV. 3 attack with 8 gourds available and I can't kill this motherfucker. I think the problem I deflect/mikiri his attacks quite inconsistently, like randomly I can't fucking hit the right time window while others I just steamroll his 2 first phases. Am I being filtered?

Did you kill the Ashina Dojo guy and get the Lightning Reversal Technique?

Yep. The one that unsheated fucking fast, right?

Most gamers are double digit iq mouth breathers. It seems learning boss patterns and searching for openings is impossible for some people

>This isn't a shitpost

Attached: 1394737227293.gif (290x189, 2.73M)

I beat Owl 2 on a toaster with FPS hovering between 20-30 git fucking gud scrubs.

Attached: 1476249299610.jpg (217x328, 22K)

I played it on xbone and the frame rates hit the 10s at some areas

This is the Best explanation for the game

They shouldn't have had a symbol, it makes people look at the symbol when all the gameplay is in the animations. They should have had something like a tracer or shadow effect on the enemy's weapon to indicate unblockable. I guess this is one thing we can say Nioh does a better job of.

I still don't get why people say Owl 2 is hard desu. SS Isshin/Ashina Isshin/DoH i get, hell even Owl 1 is understandable (the arena is too small) but Owl 2 has so many predictable and punishable attacks i find it weird people had that much trouble with him.

bosses are easy when you realize that damaging health effects their posture regeneration. invest to phantom kunai and everything die easily

Attached: 74492829_p0_Bunny_Elf.jpg (1093x992, 184K)

I recently cleared ng charmless and bell demon
on my launch ps4. 30 FPS with input delay makes it an inferior experience for sure, but deflections are lenient enough that it never feels like an unfair experience. If the timing for deflections was as strict as something like just guards in DMC, then it would be unforgivable coupled with the delayed inputs.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190503225852.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

>the combat system has very little depth or room for experimentation.
If you mean in the sense that the RPG mechanics are fake and you have no options in the way of builds, that CAs are poorly balanced and that prosthetics feel like square pegs waiting to be put into square holes... Then you rite.
If you mean that there's no depth in how you approach combat and deal with enemies then you need to recognise that standing there parrying isn't forced upon you.

Attached: Guess which CA.webm (854x480, 2.91M)