What's the worst modpack and why is it antthing with that fucking awful "Ages" bullshit

What's the worst modpack and why is it antthing with that fucking awful "Ages" bullshit

Attached: Feed_the_Beast_5386342.jpg (312x231, 14K)

I haven't played Minecraft in years. What does it do?

>ambient sounds
>extended day
>OTG
>JEI
>whatever shader you like
Literally everything you need to play. Anything else is just gimmicks. I like Thaumcraft a lot personally since it's non-invasive while adding its own mechanics.

Mod autism power rankings

>Autistic
Tinkers constructs
>Mega autistic
Thaumcraft
>Magnum Autism Reloaded
IC2
>Forbidden Autism Unleashed Mk 7
Steve's carts

>shaders
>ever

A better question would be what's the best modpack?
If you choose one without AE2 you're objectively wrong.

>thaumcraft
>mega autistic
Thaumcraft isn't that bad unless you're trying to do complicated essentia pipe networks or something.
Abyssalcraft is the true autism.
FTB Revelation is a pretty fucking good Kitchen Sink modpack for multiplayer, I think.

Some shaders just make the colors a little sharper, it's only visual and up to you.

>having a chart of autism powerlevels
>not even fucking mentioning the bees

Attached: 636076086505386830.png (500x500, 21K)

Put it under magnum autism reloaded

I have gotten to the end of almost every mod for this game, and this is one of the few that I cant comprehend.
It just fucking breaks my brain trying to understand how to do it.

Count yourself lucky, user. You're one of the uninfected.
Every multiplayer server running a modpack with the bees inevitably has at least one bee autist. If this modpack also has the extensions (such as ones that allow bees to produce resources) the bee autist(s) will, without fail, end up ruling the server if left unchecked.

The "Ages" thing does a lot of fucking nonsense, but the general gist is that it forces a rigid progression system by locking certain things into different "Ages". For example, in the starting age, you're a literal caveman so you can't craft torches, normal tools, or see ores.

FTB interactions or Sprinkles

I haven't played modded in years, is GregTech still a thing? That one was really fun

That sounds terrible.

It is.
Doesn't help that the major modpack that uses it (Sevtech Ages) also has Abyssalcraft and actually forces you to do Abyssalcraft shit during the caveman age. It's fucking horrible.

>FTB Revelation
i only play with this because it's the only big modpack i know of that has secretroomsmod

>not mentioning pam's harvestcraft
The author of that fucking sells a badly made map that works with their mod. Does nobody else know about it? I had to play with it cause one of my autistic friends like it and we all threw in 1 mod at a time to make a custom pack

Pam's Harvestcraft is fun, though. Food is fun.

I have that installed but
I dunno it just makes it so easy to fill up an inventory with random stuff but I dunno what to do with it

Most of them.

Big mods are fun for awhile, but most do not integrate that well or over complicate it or jam the inventory so full its awful.

Some little quality of life things are good or something like Rustic integrates well. Basically anything that could have been a secret friday update back in the day and its fine.

JEI/JEB (easier than commands), Sound Filters (makes blocks and corners effect sound), Foamfix/Optifine for performance

Maybe Rustic. Maybe Quark

Wow that sounds shit as fuck.

>playing modded with friend
>leave server up overnight
>He made a fully automatic reactor powered by bees while I slept
>Nearly 3 million millibuckets of UU Matter
>he doesn't even remember how he did it, says he passed out after it was finished
>break the wall to try and look into the wiring
>it's a horrifying clusterfuck, like 5 different mod's cables without any thought or organization
what the fuck Matt

Attached: file.png (571x575, 301K)

Harvestcraft's nice with cooking for blockheads, makes a lot of the food items I'd dump before actually worth grabbing and using later. Plus some of the blocks for cooking in the mod make for really nice decoration, especially with bibliocraft.
Speaking of which, any other good decor mods? Making nice houses and interiors is the main reason I play. Even if I'm complete shit at it

Tell me about you favorite wiring mod.
I love integrated dynamics/tunnels. It makes setting up complex tasks easy and compact.
But for simple item transport setups, EnderIO conduits are usually easier to setup.

You arent gonna be better at building with new decoration mods. Get better with vanilla building. Hop on creative and watch some YouTube videos on how to build better. I became way better with building in general after I did this

I think it sounds cool, but then again I'm one of those autists that set artificial limits when I play some games to spice it up

>thread makes me realize I’m even to dumb for Minecraft
:(
Haha

Why would you be too dumb for Minecraft?

You don't need a ton of mods, most mods fit in the game out right terribly.

I dunno lol I install some mods but I never touch them because they are confusing I ghsss lol
Only animal mod I can understand lol see all cute animals make noises is cute haha

To be fair, Minecraft's official content updates at a certain point got a whole lot more counter-intuitive and vestigial.

based mentally challenged user.
Install comfy animal, biome, and decoration mods. There's a bunch of good ones out there, so I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Most mods are fairly shit. The overly complicated ones people know well because they've play them for years.

Big mods have a habit of just being a game of their own that usually needs a website to figure out. And most of those just take the place of the regular minecraft building. Pixelmon for example tries to be a Pokemon MMO, but it ruins the mining part of minecraft because the pokemon lag like fuck and get in the way of everything making half of what minecraft is miserable. So its a novelty and then you get bored a week later.

Small tweaks and simple additions really last you the longest.

I don't really mind the updates to the game. Its got a lot more stuff in it now, but you can use menus for that and the crafting table tells you how to make stuff now as well.

I will grant you that some things are fairly useless, like pigs since other animals do a lot more for example. And if you want a big project in survival you will need to build a mob farm for some materials. But I like making those.

What are the best modpacks to play with friends?

PFAA is good tho , git gud pleb

Some of the most fun I had was playing ftb infinity evolved 1.7.10.
Skyfactory modpacks are also pretty fun.

>Beta 1.7.3
>glacier map seed
>Industrial craft
>Mo Creatures
>Atmos (for ambient sounds)
>Optifine
>Millenaire
all I need. trying to get buildcraft working with millenaire as well but I've been too lazy to switch block IDs around yet. once in a while I send some materials to the village on the horizon and it's comfy watching the village slowly expand.

Make sure u play in expert mode for infinity evolved

>Millenaire

based

What are good decorations Mods for forge 1.12.2 I think

Yah every mod I downlaodwd I have to bookmark a wiki for it haha no fun constantly checking wiki or read up on it to figure it out

>tfw Minecraft was originally supposed to head in a direction like Millenaire
>instead the game got mega-popular with normies and kids so N*tch lazily slapped in hunger, a grindy enchanting system and potions and tossed in a boss fight defeatable by just placing down beds before getting burnt out and quitting

Attached: 1551897282018.png (493x402, 30K)

the biggest problem for minecraft has and will always be the requirement to alt tab to a wiki. it's not intuitive to craft anything in the game. you can't know what you can craft, or what this thing you found is used for, unless you google it. yes NEI lets you 'quickly check' but most modded things are more complicated than just crafting bench, you'll have to learn bullshit arbitrary rules about placement of blocks or how to interact with a machine, you just can't experiment even though it makes it seem like you can

Chisel and Chisel & bits are the big ones.
Bibliocraft is nice too.

>you can't know what you can craft, or what this thing you found is used for, unless you google it.

that's literally in the base game though

Or just use a tablet you fucking zoomer.

there is literally an ingame guide now you fucking pleb

>He owns a tablet
It's like I traveled to back to 2013 when everyone was falling for the tablet meme.

I have this chisel one haha but I don’t use it I tried chieseling stuff but uhh I dunno just seems like it add a lot of unneeded time haha and I will try the other ine haha

that's even worse. having to leave the game at all to look up information constantly gets old fast.

you couldn't accidentally figure out how to make enchanting table, or a alchemy lab or any of that shit, maybe after a few hours of brute force experimentation but 99% of people just look at a wiki. and that's vanilla, for modpacks it's waaaay worse. how the fuck are you supposed to know that a treetap exists, let alone how to craft it, or why you should craft it, or what to do with the rubber from the trees etc. there's a mod where you have to throw items on the ground in front of a machine and then the machine shoots lasers at it and transforms it to other stuff, you would never know that. i admit most big popular packs these days have in-game books that guide you and that's a good step but i've found they are often written by children and/or ESL types and are barely legible, then you end up going to the wiki anyway

tablets are legit, watching anything in bed on my phone is annoying and strains my eyes, the tablet is a much better size for video

are there modpacks for the non-java version?
java version seems to chug harder with each update

>you couldn't accidentally figure out how to make enchanting table, or a alchemy lab or any of that shit,
no, you fucking retard, the vanilla game has a thing that tells you what you can craft as soon as you pick up a new item, it literally has an alert on the screen telling you that you have "unlocked" new recipes.

Attached: retard alert.jpg (1583x742, 246K)

>retard alert
how triggered are you that i haven't kept up with the patch notes for minecraft for years. you are right that's good that they've done that, i still believe it's annoying for modpacks which is all i'm interested in personally, the resources in the game are often not enough

If you're using Modpacks, I can guarantee 99% of them have JEI.

That sounds awfully implemented but my dream "minecraft but with competent devs" game has an age like progression system so you can lock certain techs off in a game

For me, its GTNH

Attached: 1555871501475.png (959x1024, 753K)

ye i mentioned NEI before, it's not enough sometimes. some mods have extra weird interactions like a keybind you didn't know you had or you need to have 2 blocks next to eachother facing a certain way for them to work or shit like that, just little annoyances where you go to do something and then it's like WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS WORKING and then it's back to the wiki or some youtube tutorial

I guess that's fair, but it doesn't seem to be a problem that can be fixed due to the nature of the game and mods.
I feel your pain though, learning advanced rocketry was a fucking chore.

this, with regards to modpacks.
80% of the time playing big FTB modpacks (or others) is clicking around seeing the huge chain of shit you need to make, looking each thing up, looking how to make the mats for those things, then the mats to make the mats for THOSE things, keeping count of how many copper/iron bars you need in your head and autistically making all the shit while wiki, a youtube guide and NEI holds your hand.
THEN you finally get the piece of machinery or w/e, plop it down and realise you have to very specifically and autistically place it in a certain way, or worse, it's powered by some autistic modpack you and none of your friends know or care about like redpower or something.
that's why 99% of multiplayer servers I've played on is basically vanilla with buildcraft, IC2 and Tinkers. Anything else is an autistic grind and a waste of time.
Especially shit like Thaum (ie: run around clicking a donut on things to collect magic power like some sort of pokemon master and HOPE you're getting enough of whatever element you need) or crazy shit like all of the farming mod packs (400 plants/herbs you'll never use because a 4x4 of wheat will keep you fed indefinitely).

I just want a chill farming modpack that's basically just Stardew valley but in Minecraft but ALL of the farming modpacks just miss the mark so hard.

Attached: 1556774959492.png (627x317, 303K)

>playing any minecraft newer than 1.7.10 or Beta 1.7.3
fucking zoomer detected

>modpacks with keybinds you dont know about
I remember I had a modpack some years ago that had some Darkcraft mod in it. The mod didnt seem to do anything except make an annoying Bleep Bloop noise whenever you crouched. shit drove me insane.

Anything with fucking gregtech.
The first and last time I played a pack with that it looked like a dreadful grind to make anything including basic tools like a fucking iron pickaxe.

yeah any mod that's "right click the ground to get stones, then rub the stones together to make tools", "grind up cobble for a % chance to get gravel, then run the gravel through a siv to get dirt then put the dirt in a bucket with water to make grass etc" is an instant delete from me.

Based and gregpilled

>lovelyrobot mod will never get updated
JUST