Comfy switch thread

comfy switch thread.

what are you playing?

Attached: 1543234595879.png (1280x720, 2.65M)

>you bought another fucking kanto remake

Attached: ANGRY.gif (274x249, 214K)

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

I just ordered DOA Scarlet from Japan last night!

Attached: 1554779001682.jpg (2007x2609, 396K)

>bought

user...

>comfy
Oh good, I couldn't fucking click on the thread if it wasn't comfy. God forbid you make a non-comfy thread, you fat, gay motherfucker.

We postin libraries? Who else is in the "bought Kamiko out of desperation to play something for the moment" club.

Attached: 1551150643360.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Cuphead, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Tetris 99

Thinking of picking a Shantae, I heard Pirate Curse is the best one should I pick that one?

Picked up FFXII recently, image is outdated. Why do people hat that game again?

Attached: IMG_20190422_083351.jpg (1280x720, 270K)

Replaying DK:TF... going for 200%.

nice, how big is your sd card?

Holy shit I didn't know Nights of Azure 2 was available on the Switch maybe I should pick it up

128gb
It doesn't run very well. Its tolerable in docked but handheld is a shitshow. I finished it and enjoyed it but it was pretty rough. Fucking KT and Gust don't optimize on the switch for dick

Attached: 1553907864551.png (2815x1475, 3.48M)

been playing a bit of hyrule warriors. it's much more fun than I thought it was going to be

Attached: 1542941063744.jpg (640x480, 162K)

I don't know what to play.

Attached: 1541724272897.jpg (1200x1857, 890K)

me neither

Attached: 1539734664553.jpg (1280x3668, 2.53M)

> BOTW
> mid tier
Bad bait is bad.

Lumines

flinthook

>Brave Dungeon

You sir have immaculate taste in budget games.

Attached: IMG_20190503_232852.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

Am at work, I don't have pic on my phone, so I guess I have to post the list.

PHYSICAL
Dragon Quest Builders
Legend of Zelda BotW
Octopath Traveler
Xenoblade 2

DIGITAL
Arena of Valor (f2p)
Cat Quest
Child of Light
Chocobo's M. Dungeon: Every Buddy
Dawn of Survivors (lol)
Devious Dungeon
Dungeon Rushers
Enter the Gungeon
Fast RMX
Fear Effect Sedna
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition
Furi
Ghost 1.0
Implosion
Mana Spark
Mario + Rabbits
Mercenaries Wings
Moonlighter
Nine Parchments
Paladins (f2p)
Phantasy Star
Picross S
Picross S3
Plague Road
Quest of Dungeons
Revenant Saga
Robonauts
Romancing SaGa 2
Shadow of Loot Box
Sparkle 3: Genesis
Star Story: The Horizon Escape
The Way Remastered
Warframe (f2p)
Warhammer: Champions (f2p)

Currently playing Picross S3, and I might start Moonlighter after that. PS3 seems too easy, I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting better? But I fucking hate mega picross, to be honest.
I don't understand people who play this game with hints. What's the point?

thank you, user. this thread is nothing without that original comment.

I played them all on PC and Pirate Curse is the best. If you even slightly enjoy any of the 2D metroids you'll like Pirate Curse.

Ignoring obvious bait (Pokken in top tier), why is Eevee mid, and Pikachu low tier? Aren't those the exact same games? Also, who the fuck puts TWEWY in low tier?

Playing Baba is Fucking Impossible on and off. Currently saving money so I can buy the games I'm excited for this summer. Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Daemon ex Machina, Astral Chain and others. Summer is looking packed!

>S3
good taste

Attached: 2019050402595200-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg (1280x720, 297K)

>BOTW
>mid tier
>TWEWY
>low tier

This will probably sound like a stupid question, but hey, this is Yea Forums. Should I buy S2 after I'm done with S3? I have no idea how and why I missed that one.

>who the fuck puts TWEWY in low tier?
To be fair, it was a shoddy port job.

its the same except different puzzles and no color picross mode it still has mega and clip picross too
if you really like picross then sure

>pirate 700gb of games
>Literally cannot decide what to play
>Have little time to play with work on top of this

Not that user, but as somebody who actually plays Pokken, I would agree with it being top tier. The problem is people view it as and think it's a casualized 3d arena fighter a la the naruto games, but then see it has so little SP/characters, and think it's a shit; when in reality it's not an arena fighter, it's a mostly traditional competitive one. Each character has a unique movelist, there's an attack height system, just-frames, cancels, etc. It's a legit fighting game. It's stupidly well balanced as well, with low and mid tier characters still regularly making the top 8 spots at majors; and with a ton of playstyle variety. The only real two ways it differs from most other fighting games is how it handles attack heights and the shift mechanic.

For the height system, rather then moves having a single height property to either go under a standing block, or hit as an overhead over a crouch block, each move in pokken has boith an offensive and defensive height state, and moves can bypass each other based on those states. What this means is that you can use a given move to force a whiff on or punish another move on reaction if your move has a height state that ducks or passes over the height of the incoming attack, and do more complex height based mixups then other fighting games

The phase shift system is adds a lot since in addition to damage, frame data, and meter built as properties you need to consider on moves, you also need to consider the amount of phase shift points they add, and change up what moves you use in neutral or in combos depending on if you want to shift phases or not, which varies oiver the state of the match: some matchups favor one phase or the other, but shifting phases also gives meter and can restore grey health, and also often acts as a return to neutral, so you sometimes need to weigh perhaps doing more damage or keeping the other player in pressure vs causing a shift & perhaps getting more meter/health back, etc.

Nice!
Plus, DragonFangZ is now on sale. That game is on my radar for some time; I just waited for a sale. Apparently, they improved the translation with patch(es).

rotating between FFVII, mania+ and smash. Sitting on getting katana zero, cuphead and a few more digitals when my 256gb sd comes in. My next physical purchase will probably be sword so I can return it if I don’t like it.
Looking forward to sonic racing, CTR, animal crossing, prime 4, astral chain, bayo 3 and links awakening remake.

Attached: 298C60A7-1358-4A96-9946-AF31D126D44D.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

You seem to like fighting games user, you should consider

>Fucking KT and Gust don't optimize on the switch for dick
Yikes. Was about to pick up Lulua too.

Playing New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and trying to get all of the star coins.

I have, I’ve tried it out at friends houses and demos. I find the characters varied and fun to play, but there are other games I want to get before it. I’ll wait for pokken and star allies to go on sale and drop in price before I decide to get them.

>He bought Wii U games again

>every Switch owner has or had WiiU

Nothing really.
I bought mine several months ago for Smash but we hardly even play that.
Also have Splatoon 2,BotW and Hyrule Warriors. Don't ever play it online because I didn't realize you had to buy a lan thing seperately,and my wifi kinda sucks so I don't know how often I would play anything online.

Kinda stupid that the system has so few features though. How the fuck are you gonna make a tablet that doesn't even have an internet browser? Every other console/handheld for the past ten years has had a browser of some sort,fuck the PSP came out almost fifteen years ago and has one,but the fucking tablet doesn't?
The Switch is neat but it genuinely feels outdated already and I imagine it has at least a few more years of support.

Why no anniversary collection?

Question:
I just bought a Switch and only plan to play portable mode, even in my room (no TV). Is there any adapter i should buy so i can recharge while playing?
Also, is there anything i should know about recommended accessories i should get? (screen protector, etc.)

Attached: 89-insolite-29.jpg (600x453, 42K)

Finally finishing upon Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory on my Vita, so next JRPG I'll focus on will be something on Switch, probably Labyrinth of Refrain but maybe Xenoblade 2.

On a short break from Smash at the moment as I burnt myself out after playing like 50 hours in the week after Stage Builder. Will get back into it soon and hit the 400 hours played mark.

Other than that, waiting for Mario Maker in a couple months, then Fire Emblem after that. But what I really need is AC and new Pokemon.

Attached: 1538815553388.png (1014x1136, 106K)

bump

>Is there any adapter i should buy so i can recharge while playing?
user, when you buy a Switch, you also get a dock and an adapter that you can ''plug out'' from the dock.
>screen related
I think that answers your question.

People will recommend screen protector, yes. I have Switch since day 1 and I don't have it. Never bought one. No scratches. It all depends on how you use it. If you don't use touch screen much, if you wash your hands before playing, if you don't plan on taking it with you outside, then no. No need for screen protector.

Attached: chaaarge.jpg (1280x600, 73K)

>he thinks I paid for any of those games

I am laffin

Excellent, that's all i wanted to know. Thanks.

np
You WILL have to buy microSD card if you plan on buying games from eShop. Switch has only 32 GB memory. ~256 GB will probably be enough. Mine is 128 and it's still half empty, lol. But then, again, I rarely download games bigger than 10 GB.

Beating cuphead on expert, goofing off on tetris 99 as always, and trying to finish the borefest known as tales of vesperia. Does anyone know if I should get yoshis crafted world or Mario bros U? I know they're both only average games from what I've heard, but im in the mood for another platformer after playing cuphead.

>Kirby low tier
>Where's Travis Strikes Again

Eevee is broken while Pikachu is just quite good.

Furi or Hyperlight Drifter?

how do you make a rolling screenshot?

Attached: katze.png (335x335, 121K)

Furi is fun but it's literally nothing but boss fights with a minute or two of slow walking and dialogue in between.
Haven't played Hyperlight Drifter myself but I've heard good things and it seems like there might be more content in it.
If you can only get one I guess I'd say get Hyperlight Drifter because it'll probably last you a little longer.

Mario U. It has more content.
I'd also recommend Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Celeste, and Tiny Barbarian DX.

Mostly Katamari and Psyvariar.

Attached: switch.jpg (1035x865, 442K)

PHYSICAL
Breath of the Wild
DK Tropical Freeze
Mario Odyssey
Mario Party
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Skyrim
Smash
Splatoon 2

DIGITAL
Baba is You
Caveblazers
Crash Nsane Trilogy
Dark Souls
Dead Cells
Disgaea 5
Enter the Gungeon
Hollow Knight
Katamari
Mario+Rabbids
Mercenaries Wings Saga
Octopath
Okami
Pixeljunk Monsters 2
Wargroove
World of Final Fantasy

Tropical Freeze, crash nsane trilogy, rayman legends, sonic mania and freedom planet should be higher priority than NSMBU unless you've already played them.

Dragon's Dong. I made Guy Fieri as my Pawn and I don't know if I regret it or not.

The other guy already told you about the adapter so I'll skip on that. BUT for future reference if you are gonna buy another adapter for whatever reason, make sure it's the official one or at least officially approved. Third party adapters have cautionary tales of heating up the switch and damaging it in the long run. Almost happened to me so take heed.

For accessories I do recommend getting a screen protector. Any will do but it's good to have some protection at least before some unforeseen damage happens on your screen. Get one of them plexi-glass protector, OR get a reflection reducing protector. I seriously recommend the latter if you plan on playing your switch outdoors or at places with a lot of light.

Also consider this item for maximum comfy.

Attached: 61VZmsraX2L._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 12K)

Do I really need to buy that 30$ official HORI lan adapter if I want a wired connection or can I use any other ones that are cheaper?
30$ isn't a ton of money or anything but I feel like it's the kind of thing that should have been built into the damn dock.

It's high tier kikery but I would suggest going for the officially approved products.

I'm using a UGREEN adapter from amazon and it's worked perfectly. I've used it pretty much daily since smash came out and zero complaints.

>eeve higher than pikachu
Just because eevee is broken doesn‘t change anything about the game.

What do I buy first for this thing? I'm down for pretty much anything.

Is pokken completely dead? If it's active on evenings I'd like to check it out

BOTW, Mario, Smash, and MK8 are all good first games

tropical freeze and monster hunter. two different experiences, one is the best platformer on the system and the other will last you hundreds of hours.

Dragon's Dogmaq

Nah, matchmaking is still fairly active, at least as somebody who is in the US, and the main community discord (discord.gg/pokken) has a bunch of people on it

Thanks.

Replaying VA-11 Hall-A

Attached: 2019050300523600-94385799F4667FC55304697D8F49B8B7.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Been looking at this for a while now. Is it loaded with weird social political shit or no?

How's the pantsu game?

It's pretty light on it desu

Attached: 1472008228703.png (1280x1673, 569K)

Let's Go Pikachu
Mario Odyssey
Mario Party
BotW
Splatoon 2
Minecraft
Pokken
Monster Hunter GenU
Smash Ultimate
Tales of Vesperia
Kirby Star Allies
Mario Kart 8

All of them physical. Digital stuff includes all the DLC for those games, free to play games like Fortnite, Nintendo Online.

I have Mega Man 11 on my way, Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight pre-ordered.

Currently playing with my 3DS mostly.

I think they finally included an update where you don't have double copies if you own a digital and physical version.
Case in point my physical copy of bloodstained curse of the moon came it didn't get a separate slot

Attached: Switch Collection updated.jpg (1280x6250, 2.9M)

Outside of Splatoon and ARMS this weekend I'm currently catching up on some eShop titles I've picked up in sales. At the moment it's Nine Parchments and Has-Been Heroes.

I should also note that you really should at least lurk the discord, all the resources are centralized there, all the competitive/top players are there, etc.

especially if you've never played a competitive fighter before

These are the games I've been playing over the last week. I haven't played Dragon Ball FighterZ yet and I don't know if I will, got it in a buy 2 get 1 free. Is the game good? I haven't played a fighting game in a long time.

Attached: justsomefuckinggames.jpg (1200x675, 190K)

It's a VN about a person who talks to people, in a cyberpunk setting. Social politics is kind of the point of both the concept and the setting. But if you mean in a particularly preachy way, then no.

How's Ys VIII on Switch? I think it's 30 fps, but is it at least stable?

This is me, recommend something digital to play

It's a pretty bad port. It looks fucking horrendous and it does drop in fps at times. I love the game enough that I deal with it though.

Is Remilore as bad as I've heard? I really liked the look of it.

It's mediocre at best. Not the worst thing I've ever played but definitely not worth it's price

Thanks for letting me know, I'm probably gonna pass. Also really impressive collection

I've been playing dragon's dogma at work. It's good. Exciting. A journey with alot of WAY COOL moments sprinkled throughout. It's almost time for me to go home....

Attached: bullygirly7.png (693x797, 255K)

Only game I'm looking to pick up soon is FF XII

Attached: Switch.jpg (1043x1051, 624K)

>comfy
>only has fucking awful games

When the fuck did devil egine come out?

I remember the guy who made that game posted on Yea Forums for years but it never came out.

Like a couple of months back m8. Shits good and goddamn is it hard as hell. I can't even make it past stage 2.

Attached: 1539091945276.jpg (550x512, 41K)

Anniversary collection for?

Cuphead, Katamari Damacy and Ace Attorney trilogy are currently in my rotation.

I grabbed the new Yugioh game this week too and started playing that

How's yu gi oh?

How do you guys post these screens?

Attached: c561ce9f3abdd875389c05af788b7b73.jpg (500x375, 43K)

Switch auto-saves screenshots to your MicroSD. Just take a bunch of screenshots via your "All Games" menu, stick your MicroSD into your computer (Or spam a social media platform with them and then download them from there), and then stitch them together in something like Paint.

Thinking about picking up Salt and Sanctuary also are there any games similar to Katana Zero on the Switch?

Not bad. Covers everything from Original to VRAINS and has a card pool of over 9k. You have to buy packs with in game currency but the currency racks up from just doing battles.

Also if you buy it now in Japanese it's already translated so I'm playing it IN English

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

Anyone have any recommendations for neo geo games on the eshop? I already own Metal Slug 3 and Shock Troopers. Staying away from fighting games since I'll be playing single player.