What would a European knight be doing in 1500's Japan?

What would a European knight be doing in 1500's Japan?

Attached: armored_warrior_sekiro.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Roman_relations
google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/how-did-4th-century-roman-coins-end-up-in-a-medieval-japanese-castle-66417
youtube.com/watch?v=iH32vsxY4xE&t=91s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looking for a cure for his son

>European knight

look at that mask and those rope decorations, it's clearly armor made by some Westaboo Jap

Portugal discovered Japan in 1542

he's portugeese, you can tell by the armor

what's his son's name?

Why not? His superior armor would make him godmode against pathetic Japanese brittle swords.

breeding

its just a giantdad reference. no, really.

Robertoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>clearly european
>speaks perfect Japanese

The only decent fight in the game.

>learning other languages is impossible

He traveled to nipponesia so obviously he has to speak jap

western armor was purchased by some who could afford it because of superior steel quality.

I dont know any 1500's japs naming their son robert

It's not, but speaking other languages perfect is.

Speaking to a guy who only knows japanese.

he wanted to give his son immortality, read item descriptions

Sekiro is using his innate Shinobi translation technique.

Was originally searching for thai ladyboys, but 1500 maps are a bit shit.

i mean we know of a few japanese who assumed western names after converting to christianity

It was made by gooks, you can hear some of them talking about how they had to strap it on the dude

>Fromsoft game
>Not playing with dubs

Why do the japanese worship europe?

Hearing californian english in a game set in japan would totally ruin the experience

They only really worship Germany, and it's because both countries have been strong allies throughout generations

speaking perfect Japanese definitely is impossible if you haven't been learning from birth though

Can someone tell me where the evidence of his son's death is? I keep seeing people say there's some sort of hard proof outside of the jizo statues/experimented kids plotline.

Attached: 1556517944347.jpg (651x655, 58K)

>californian
How the fuck do you know?

He spoke perfect english, though.

they fought each other in World War I, brainlet. Germany also helped the Chinese against the Japanese before 1939 because both the last German emperor and the Nazi party feared the Japanese were going to conquer the world.

William managed to do it. so anything is possible.
Hell, the dude only came to japan and likely learned japanese and the blade to save his ghost waifu

Attached: nioh-cover[1].jpg (700x394, 57K)

Why didn't Sekiro just cut the knight's armor in half? Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash. I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Attached: Katana[1].jpg (467x350, 32K)

No? Wtf are you on? We never leaned that in highschool

William had his shit translated by ghosts, dude.

if you didn't learn about this subject then why the fuck are you giving your input?

Attached: 1554334952361.png (325x325, 89K)

The armor is pic related. His son's name is actually Roberto and not Robert.

The problem is that you learned that garbage in an institution. I bet you think the american civil war was fought over slaves too.

Shieeeeeeeeeeet of course i would forger the pic

Attached: lisbon-portugal-museu-da-marinha-16th-century-armour-ADYN26.jpg (1300x1119, 215K)

He's white so the dub is right.
It's Robert.

you don't need to go to any institution to learn that Germany and Japan fought against each other in the Great War

Attached: 1556663070370.jpg (645x729, 109K)

>Can someone tell me where the evidence of his son's death is? I keep seeing people say there's some sort of hard proof outside of the jizo statues/experimented kids plotline.
the fact that rice loli literally tells you she is the ONLY survivor?

I literally just said outside of that plotline. Saw a bunch of people alluding to some piece of specific Robert related evidence.

Not during NSDAP or right before "WW2"

He's Portuguese. His armor is Portuguese, and Portugal visited Japan in the 1500's. The name would be Roberto.

>gobbling up propaganda

>He's white
the american worldview ladies and gentlemen

Is there any info on him and his son besides the firecrackers?

look up the voice actor.

They were talking about the Taro Troop guy immediately behind them, just before the entrance to the dungeons.

Hanzo’s ghost cat translated for him starting from mission 2 onwards. By the time ghost cat died he’d learned the language properly. Still impressive though, it was like 2 months to get fluent.

how the fuck is the voice actor relevant?
i was making fun of your retarded logic and referring to a European character from the 1500s as white as if ethnicity meant anything compared to nationality back then

>not listening to TsudaKen's sexy voice

Attached: 1445878795861.jpg (412x350, 49K)

No it's not.

>the voice actor

oh dear, it's retarded

Poor Robert. His yellow fever will never be cured.

Yes you do. I wasnt taught that at all in highschool. We only learned about ww2 and slavery

Just this prayer bead description.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190503162617.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

You only take any of this seriously because you're a communist and you hate white people. I'm being absurd on purpose.

Better question. Why is he wearing a japanese european styled helmet with facemask.

>I'm being absurd on purpose.
>I was merely pretending to be retarded
do you seriously think there was any conception of the 'white race' when most Europeans had never seen anyone from outside the continent?

Attached: 1556140524004.png (645x729, 186K)

>1500's Japan?
Because it's actually 1600 Japan ?
Also fun fact the style of his tassets and armor is consistent with the european style at the time

Attached: Armure Brunaulieu.jpg (1078x1920, 594K)

And still you keep on hating whitey.

Here is a slightly worse pic of the armor on the right but without the watermarks

Attached: conquistador armor.jpg (1080x1920, 600K)

>Why is he wearing a japanese european styled helmet
>japanese european
huh

Attached: 033a06e926558e5b629f1c423bd4c03c998e4a90_hq.gif (428x343, 1.7M)

>tfw you couldnt befriend him and fight alongside him

How can I kill someone in cold blood when he doesnt even want to kill me?

i am quite unironically whiter than you my friend

Wrote too fast I meant european style helmet (in this case a cabasset) with a japanese style facemask

Attached: Ornate Cabasset.jpg (1080x1920, 549K)

>I bet you think the american civil war was fought over slaves too.
It pretty much was yeah.

because he saw the mask and thought it looked cool and wore it.

Ah cool. Interesting little side story there.

Yeah, it didn't matter what the common people thought only the educated.

When Europeans told the Japs that you could make armor out of steel and not only paper and lacquered bamboo, they began making nanban-do armor.
Armor in the European style.

Attached: NanbanDo.jpg (278x541, 84K)

Based Wirriam.

Did the Portuguese and Japanese get along when both civilisations met?

I mean usually when one European country meets a non-European country, the non-European country gets really fucked over

You don't even know what I am, who my parents were or what I even look like. How do you know you're whiter than me?

>I mean usually when one European country meets a non-European country, the non-European country gets really fucked over
>whitey bad
Just about everything good that gives you modern comfort in the world was created by whites too.

>Japanese armor is made out of paper and wood

When will this retarded meme die?

Absolutely seething

Maybe once the meme that Japanese swords were any good dies.

Post pics

Mick Lauer voiced some characters.

We reached them, and if my history is right, they imediately tried to kill us. We shot em dead and then tried diplomacy because we saw a business oportunity.

There was money to be made. A few deaths from scared idiots or a misunderstanding arent worth a war, and the boat was filled with sailors above all, not an armed, warrior force. What would or rather, could we gain from it? Rice? Trinkets without true valud back home? We had spices and coffee already, if Im not mistaken, so no point.

R

He did a good job.
Everybody did a good job.
Sekiro is like a well dubbed anime.

they only like the dutch.

The game said Japanese was the default and it feels way more immersive to have everyone talking Japanese in ancient Japan.

Portugal sold them cool shit like firecrackers and guns at the cost of letting them open a few monasteries in Japan. They got along quite well actually, since Portugal didn’t try conquering them but instead just tried to make money off of them. They had a similar relationship with Spain too.

Attached: SbUEu1O[1].png (476x512, 469K)

good thing katanas were EXTREMELY rarely used in actual combat by samurai.

The guys that voiced the mob did a brilliant job. Loved hearing their croaky ass voices

No it's fucking not. the dub is absolutely terrible. I turned it on just before the Genichiro fight because I heard praise for his voice acting and wanted to claw my ears off.
I'm glad they defaulted it to Japanese if they weren't going to get English voice actors of the same quality as Soulsborne

Being a Portuguese sailor exploring?

You must be baiting, because literally everyone who has opened a history book citing primary sources knows that while swords in all countries were sidearms, they still saw frequent use on battlefields. They were not the equivalent of pistols for modern military, they were more like a back up carbine for a designated marksman.

You're full of shit, Genichiro sounds great.

You do know that Portuguese fleets had made contact with Japan in the 15th century, right?

Cavalry actions with swords were successful in the 1920s and 30s in eastern europe and Asia.

Not like the europeans could do anything to the japanese, I mean, bringing an army all the way from South America to Japan in 16th-17th century boats would have been super hard, and not a good move anyway since you'd leave your country relatively unprotected.

Dark Souls didn't have Jap VA since they believed it wouldn't make sense. They put their focus on the English (european) VA cast.

Why the hell would I then play the awful English VA of Sekiro when the focus was the Japanese?

Doesnt change the fact that Katanas were barely used by Samurai, who used bows, guns, spears and naginatas primarily.

And there is no evidence that Roberto was one of the kids experimented on. Remember the knight said he wants the rejuvenating waters for his kid, like he means to save him, not that he wants him to become a divine child.

So you can hear Wesker narrate some parts

Literally nothing of what you said is even remotely true. The first contact were traders and they came in Chinese ships, after the discovery trade was established soon after and the Japanese were very interested in commerce, especially for guns and trade goods from China which Japan could not trade with. Stop making shit up

És um burro do caralho.

Because it's not awful and you only think the japanese is superior because it's a language you can't understand, so it's more like comforting white noise to you. It's annoying to me, especially the females.

this is the worst bait of today. post that pasta and piss off newfag

>actually being on Yea Forums and not understanding some japanese by now

Give me some sources then puto. I can and will admit being wrong but only if you prove me wrong with evidence. English or portuguese based.

2-6 months is about expected if one is immersed in a foreign language and actually has the intent to learn. Fun fact, adults can actually learn a second language faster than a child if they actually bother to try.

Thanks Ken Sama

>Because it's not awful and you only think the japanese is superior because it's a language you can't understand
Such a retarded argument. If I compare the quality of the English voice acting of Sekiro to Bloodborne the drop in quality is palpable. Moreover From quite literally intend for you to play in Japanese.

Damn being a portuguese sailor must've been great.

>get to nut in tight jap pussy after being on a ship with nothing but dudes for months

Attached: noice.png (1500x1500, 222K)

Google Portuguese-Japan relations or read a history book

Understanding japanese memes is not understanding enough of the language to actually HEAR it fluently. It's still white noise to you unless you're a fluent japanese speaker.

in ur dojo, steaing ur waifus.

naginatas are girl weapons.

>Portuguese sailor
>Taking young son all the way to Japan
Is Roberto a hapa?

>naginatas are best girl weapons

Fixed

Attached: The Miji.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

doesn't matter, swords are in shit in general and mostly ceremonial anyway. If you go to war you'll use a spear.

No, him and his dad where going on a father son adventure for the fountain of youth. I didn’t work out so good.

Why do you "people" continually insist that Katanas were made out of plastic and that they couldn't be used to kill anything wearing thicker covering than a silk shirt? Nobody in 2019 has made the presumption that they are the magical tank-cutting magical tools like they are in anime, but innumerable grognards and other retards parrot the same narrative that this cutting blade factually cannot be used in combat because apparently the metal is literally layered tinfoil.

Attached: file.png (340x492, 339K)

>large man
>is a dad
>two handed sword

How did I never put that together.

Japanese idolize the white man. It all became clear when Oda Nobunaga first met our people.

Attached: 1514926385338.png (756x574, 86K)

ROBERT

Because western cuck basedbeards still have a hate boner for Japan.

Because they are literally underage and educated by youtube

>When there are Japanese Christians rebelling for their right to religious freedom
>But they're Catholic and the Shogunate is offering exclusive trading rights in exchange for guns

The Spice must flow

Attached: IfYouAintDutch.jpg (446x559, 69K)

There was literally an entire war to try and get Christianity to be considered A-Okay in Japan. Japanese history can be magical at many points.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion

Attached: file.png (400x461, 444K)

If he's Portuguese they should've called his son Ronaldo. It would be funnier

Yes thats the event my meme was referring too.

Attached: AlopexWillWin.png (658x597, 459K)

Is the chained Ogre a captive Dutch?

They were second to Portugal to discover Japan weren't they?

They should make a TMNT game with Sekiro Combat. I guess tweaked a bit so you could take on a few more basic enemies at once reliably

Satisfying those thirsty sluts

>image
Yeah, those look like the good guys to me.

Probably, the blonde hair gives it away

Fun fact: There’s a word in the japanese language that roughly translates to "smelling like a Dutch" that means stinking really bad because the first time Japs encountered Europeans they were disgusted by their body odor and the Dutch were one of the first Europeans they ever met.

>tfw I still dont know if it's Robert or Roberto

Roooooooooooobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeert

You know this is a fictional story in Japan right? Why are you all so fucking retarded?

For centuries they only traded with the Dutch. Before that they had come into contact with shipwrecked Romans.

Attached: 1556840254439.jpg (630x467, 44K)

To Asian countries, giants exist. They're called white men.

>Underdeveloped and technologically inferior countries are susceptible to ancient warfare strategies
Gold star for you user.

Attached: 06E0AE43-101C-4E1B-8B8D-6527379BF487.jpg (1024x633, 79K)

>shipwrecked Romans

Is this true?
It seems a bit far fetched

His ghost waifu makes him invincible as long as he believes in her, that's a pretty big force multiplier.

>Before that they had come into contact with shipwrecked Romans.
Link for that?

Since players believe this is a true period piece just like Onimusha. It was all inspired by true events. Such as giants, undead etc. You all really are retarded haha

>european sailors who have been at sea for years and can't bathe smell unpleasant right off the boat
Why is this so hard to understand?

>who were Portuguese missionaries

Is this confirmed?

I wish this brand of Christianity still existed.

>TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, AND DIE!

Attached: 1553572881182.jpg (130x234, 6K)

>Ancient.

Hardly. There are multiple successful cavalry actions by Russian and German cavalry during the Eastern Front of WW1. Read, 'An Englishman in the Russian Ranks' for a first person account of multiple cavalry engagements which, despite use of machineguns, field guns and other modern weapons were succesful, albeit with large casualites.

being a real ass nigga
hangin' out

Smashing puss

There were melee players even back then. Hilarious

>FromSoft acknowledging shitty weeb katanas can't pierce superior European steel

Miyazaki is a westaboo like kojima.

wtf
it's way more obvious than ds2's giantdad reference and I couldn't even tell

>Japanese armor was amazing and Japanese swords were great
Okay thanks for the input, weeb.

Robaatooooooooooooooo

Roman currency dating back to the days of Constantine and Nero have been found off the coast of Japan and in ancient Japanese castles.

The Japanese language actually has more in common with romance languages than the tonal chinese language (they even roll their r's into hard consonants)

Plus just look at the ainu. They look like Roman mutts. Wide eyes, prominent straight noses.

Attached: image-20161003-30459-lybjrc.jpg (640x654, 83K)

HIS NAME

Yes, I can tell by the armor.

You're an idiot. That got there the same way silk got to Rome

cmon dude, defending the katana gets you nothing
were they literally shit? no, but they definitely weren't effective in combat.
defend actual good nip weaponry like the daikyuu or naginata

Sino-roman empire baby

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Roman_relations

google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/how-did-4th-century-roman-coins-end-up-in-a-medieval-japanese-castle-66417

Wow. I can't believe I didn't even see it. If only he somehow spread his arms to greet you.

>objects can travel but not people.

Seems pretty close-minded.

For everybody that still thinks "He's spanish because they call him RobertO" I'm spanish and in the spanish dub and subs they call him Robert.

I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE

>objects can travel but not people

That's right dumbass. Objects don't need motivations, or get killed, or simply die, or get tired, etc Objects don't have a life expectancy to reach their destination.

Most of the other localizations are translated from the English localization so they share the same mistranslations.

That just means they used the english translation to make the spanish one

Bluepilleds don't like the sino-roman empire stuff because feeds into empirical Japan's wartime propaganda about the Japanese and the Roman's being of the same cloth.

(((THEY))) need to keep us very separated. Divide and conquer.

Attached: main-qimg-d633ef8ac5ebd410d104460affc215e9.png (602x419, 207K)

>Can't watch Ninja Gaiden or DoA gameplay anymore without picturing Studio FOW stuff
Feels lewd man

Well it's already established that the Portuguese landed on Japanese shores by ship in the 1400s... Rome's empire was much closer AND also their treasures are found all over Japan.

I think you're being pretty short sighted here. I know a lot of (((jewish))) historians like to shit on the Roman empire and discount their achievements but how much can you avoid occam's razor?

Everytime I see something about this game it just looks like a clunkier Nioh.

that's because Roberto in English is Robert

It only enhances the experience

Attached: Taunt.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

>Portugal had to invent a fucking way to circumvent 2 whole whole continents to get to Japan
>Roman empire was much closer

I'm talking to a fucking imbecile.

Why the fuck would you make FromSoft games with the spanish translation?
I mean for DeS and DaS the translations from japanesd to english were pretty bad, you just want to make it even worst.

>I can even cut slabs of solid steel
Unironically possible, you just need to be able to swing with a force of several hundred pounds.
youtube.com/watch?v=iH32vsxY4xE&t=91s

>I mean usually when one European country meets a non-European country, the non-European country gets really fucked over
Except that never happened

>t. historylet

Japanese and Portuguese share several phonemes.