What are some notorious Out Of Character instances in gaming?

Pic related has baffled me since the Brawl days, at least they gave him a couple optimistic taunts in Ultimate, but he feels so pissed compared to his standard happy go lucky ways.

Attached: images (2).jpg (410x747, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9tBIXjJpwfg
youtube.com/watch?v=4C3UlWygHds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's pissed off that he's essentially the face of Smash Bros but nobody mains him.

mario is trying to be edgy when hes really a cornball

Brawl's render aged like shit, they all look terrible

Attached: Toon_Link_SSBB.jpg (373x377, 71K)

What is your opinion about Strikers?

Attached: b5c2d0ee7e8979503912bb8ae56d0c6fcf398d19_hq.jpg (732x972, 200K)

meh it's just an artstyle choice. I like it, reminds me of when everything was being rendered realistically for some reason. I like looking at styles throughout the ages, it's like an elseworlds tale.

he's fighting for his life dude
all of his games are more yip yip yahoo let's have fun on other planets and fight crazy stupid monsters that are super easy but we're gunna have fun doing it anyway!

Strikers feels like the same characters we know taken to a comical extreme, Mario exhibits plenty of his cheerful self there on top of the exaggerated anger (which in game comes more across as everyone being competitive as hell), the rest of the cast likewise feels true to themselves.
Smash Mario sticks out because most of the roster feels just like the base character yet the face of the company is uncharacteristically pissed by default.

Great series. New game when?

he's gotta look happy and goofy in his own games, so smash is the only time he can release his pent up anger

>Ally won a lot of tournaments with Mario
>Mario won the last battle vs. Sonic in the invitational

soul:
youtube.com/watch?v=9tBIXjJpwfg
soulless:
youtube.com/watch?v=4C3UlWygHds

Mario looks competetive in every sport game.

Mario is in a competitive fighting game. He has to be angry.

I hate how Mario still uses his gravelly Brawl voice clips. It made sense for that game's edgy style but Smash is colorful now.

Smash in general has an awful artstyle

It's alright

I think that's the gag

This, his SM64 voice was much more fitting

Are Mario’s voice actors particularly expensive? Are any VA’s for characters in Smash costly to have?

Doubt it, it still pisses me off they recycle voices from 10 years ago for many of the characters

Even Lyn, who know has an official voice actor uses her VA from Brawl, while Black Knight and Tiki has their voices from Heroes.

Given the series' reliance on recycling clips they could pull more fitting Mario voice clips if they wished so.

>Ike gets a new VA
>he's shit compared to his Brawl VA

Smash in general tends to portray a fair amount of characters in a bizarre way. I hate Luigi starting with Brawl and I fucking hate Wario being Mr. Stinky fart man. I know why he's like that, but the games never had that shit. He's too small as well.

Luigi has been OOC since Melee, when did he ever do that missile attack?

At least now he uses his vacuum for attacks

Sakurai has certain conceptions about characters leading to them being depicted strangely in Smash. He imagines Mario as being an awesome anime hero, and makes him edgy as a consequence. He imagines Bowser as a mindless monster, so it took him until Smash 4 to make Bowser look like post-Sunshine Bowser. So on.

Brawl's renders are fine, they didn't age nowhere near as badly as Melee's and are more distinct than Smash 4.

god tier artstyle.

Melee looks great

I actually really like how Bowser looks and moves in Smash 4 and Ultimate. It feels like a great compromise between a edgy monster and a cartoony Mario villain.

Ganondorf panting like an old man after a little running.

why is this allowed

Attached: 1516239932877.jpg (1024x764, 121K)

The thing with smash is that smash is it's own game. It's not meant to be a catalogue of video game history, just a fun crossover with a unique spin on the fighting game genre. Mario is angry because this was always supposed to be a bit edgier than the source material. That what gives smash its character.

Pokémon Trainer sounded great in Brawl
>his new VA sounds garbage
Fuck Pokémon dubs man

You say that but every other character feels like themselves. It doesn't bother me, but it does feel odd.

Me and my mate used to play the 'bot team and just spend the whole game doing special shots and wrecking the other team player

It's the one case where I wouldn't have minded them reusing Brawl voice clips.

Mario hates being in Smash Bros and he's just waiting to go bing bing some more and be truly happy

snake's brawl render is better than ultimate's

SHE HAS NO VOICE

Attached: Shilldog.jpg (334x599, 15K)

Does anyone have the edgy concept art of Mario in a hoodie holding a chain or something? It's the tightest shit.

If being mad is being edgy then that would explain a lot about the state of Yea Forums

Mario and his friends being portrayed as 'cool' always weirded me out, but it's a great series.

Shame it wasn't a costume in Odyssey, or something.

Attached: mario-strikers-concept-034.jpg (450x300, 27K)