Do you think the Command & Conquer remaster will be any good?

Do you think the Command & Conquer remaster will be any good?

Attached: nc0sb783vus21.jpg (2632x1583, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/command-and-conquer-red-alert-remastered-release-date/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my only interest in it is that they might remaster the original C&C2 footage

It's being made by Westwood so it should be.

They only have plans to remake CnC1 and RA1 for now from what they said.

is there any ETA?

>It's being made by Westwood
source? also, nice.

Attached: westwood lives.jpg (957x4310, 564K)

>We are approaching the conclusion of our pre-production phase, having achieved several of our key milestones since our last Reddit post. During March we delivered our first playable campaign mission (GDI Mission 1), which included multiple samples of the remastered art running at 4k. This was accompanied by a more complete Visual Target image, which helps the dev team align around our goals for the artistic fidelity. We are now in the middle of getting Multiplayer up and running for the first time, along with dozens of art assets iterating towards their finalized look. Last week we showed many of these items to the Community Council, and continue to receive fantastic feedback via their contributions.

>With that in mind, today we wanted to share a glimpse of the pre-production work with all of you here in the C&C community. And this is the first time anyone outside of EA or the Community Council has seen work from the Remaster. In this spirit, we felt it appropriate to start with one of the first assets you see in Command & Conquer - the classic Construction Yard.

>Now, if you’ve been reading our previous posts, our primary goal with the visual approach is to maintain the authenticity of the original in-game asset. It’s worth calling out that if there’s a conflict between the in-game asset, cinematic asset, or UI portrait, we’re always going to side with the in-game asset. That being said, if there are opportunities to pull in details from the cinematic footage to enhance an asset, we’ll do our best to incorporate those details. A good example here would be the blue pattern / texturing on the Con Yard door (Inspired by the classic Con Yard unpacking cinematic).

pcgamer.com/command-and-conquer-red-alert-remastered-release-date/
In case you weren't aware, Petroglyph is Westwood.

Nothing prevents you from playing the original. It really doesn't need a remaster.

Yeah, all the old titles smooth as hell on Win 10

COMMAND AND CONQUER!!!! PEACE THROUGH POWER!!!! HELL MARCH SO EPIC!!! BATTLE BEARS!!!

Attached: 1555270441538.webm (600x336, 2.75M)

cncnet.org/red-alert
Somebody host a FFA lobby

>unironically calling CnC s󠛡o󠛡y
You need to go back

just admit you wanted (you)s and let's be done with it.

>paying for a compatibility patch

Also EA is still selling them as part of a "ultimate collection" so I'm guessing they work fine

>paying for a compatibility patch
Why don't you admit that you just want replies?
They are literally remaking the games, it's not a compatibility patch.
And EA is only publishing, Westwood is still doing the actual remakes.

Day of the knife for (You)

Attached: TRAINHANDOFNOD.jpg (800x600, 123K)

Petroglyph is making it and that company is mostly old westwood people, so that's what he means.

>Nothing prevents you from playing the original.
RA1 sure. C&C has issues with modern systems because it ties the framerate to the cpu and I guess they never thought computers were gonna get this fast.

>using original source code
Noice
Stealth hype
>ea/gamespy and servers down + no player base
Fuck off sp shitter I never got to play these online because dail up

I really hope so.

Kill yourself shitposter. This series is older than you.

Cncnet has about 250 players in RA1 right now

Its really basedboy tier, the factions (especially nod) are extremely "haha I play video games and drink my ready meals!" pseudo-intelectualism.

Imagine being so much of an election tourist you can't even post s󠛡o󠛡y󠛡b󠛡o󠛡y correctly

I started with cnc:g
Don't care about the older isos all that much

THIS IS THE OVERLORD TANK.

The fuck did cnc do to u
Stupid ass zoomer
You are extremely dumb
This
It's why lurking used to be encouraged

yea if anything its boomer tier.

CnC is pretty much quintessential boomercore

WE BUILD FOR CHINA
I only used to play cncg and zero hour with mates never online it was amazing I miss having lan buddies and all night/days gaming seshes

Which CnC games are the most important to play? I loved CnC3 and RA3 on 360 and always wanted to play more

Red Alert 2 has a pretty good campaign.

Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun. People will bring up Generals and while that's a great game and a fun mockery of the War on Terror, it doesn't really feel like a C&C game.

Tib Sun's campaign is pretty good and its fmv are legendary af

I'm curious about how they're planning to fuck it all up.

Attached: 1368686101826.jpg (347x347, 75K)

CnC original is great but dated, but Tiberian Sun and Red Alert are patrician tier.

Online won't be lan-only

Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2
CnC1 and RA1 aged poorly and I say this as a literal boomer, so I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospect of the remakes.

Was I dreaming or did someone actually break the 30fps lock on Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath?

no balance changes
enjoy nod rush victories vs lategame gdi mammy spam

Dreaming, the engine is capped and it extends to all games that use that engine.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Thanks, I'll check out RA2 a little later

Attached: Untitled.png (642x507, 354K)

The only thing you need to know plot-wise for TibSun from CnC1 is this:
GDI controlled Blue Zones
NOD controlled Red and Yellow Zones
They fight for territory, eventually GDI builds a superweapon in orbit called the Ion Canon and uses it on the Temple of NOD in Sarajevo while Kane is still inside.
Thus, GDI wins the war and Kane is considered dead.