Final Fantasy XV takes place in Final Fantasy VIII's world...

Final Fantasy XV takes place in Final Fantasy VIII's world, and this will be hinted at the upcoming (yet to be announced) Final Fantasy VIII Remake.
Discuss.

Attached: lucis.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Huh. That would be kind of neat. FF8 was one of my favorite games.
Just started 15 a few days ago, love the setting but the chars are gay. The setting does kind of feel ff8-esque though with how "modern" it is and with the cars and shit

>the two worst FFs share the same universe
perfect

Also this interesting ring that once belonged to a royal family that exists in FF8, similar to the ring of the Lucii.

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-03 114853.jpg (469x342, 45K)

shut your whore mouth

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 8K)

>The most modern entry takes place in the same universe as the one with space stations

>require 666 items
>Noctis is basically the not-Anti-Christ and the Lucian royalty is adorned with fucking skulls and death imagery, even in XV
This is actually pretty neat, are there any other connections?

Attached: rattle posting.jpg (800x800, 54K)

>summons a GF
huh...

Attached: 17.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

They're similar aesthetically so I always grouped them in my head.

They're both shit, so it would work.

just remembered you can buy the ff8 soundtrack for the car radio at the first little town
idk about a ff8 remake though, they're having enough trouble with ff7 as it is. And it would probably be action garbage with no soul

Both Noctis and Ardyn are two aspects of Jesus though and both die for the greater good.

Makes sense, two worst FF share the same universe.

But didn’t we see the entire planet in FFVIII? Where would insomnia be on that map?

>Discuss
what? your bullshit rumor? SE can barely remake FFVII no chance in hell they even announce 8 remake before 7 is released.

>Final Fantasy VIII Remake
Never happening. And good. FF8 is my favorite mainline game, and I'd rather it be preserved than go through the butchering 7 is about to endure.

Butcher what exactly? Their turn-based menu combat systems aged like milk. I tried playing both recently and had to quit some hours in because the combat was boring as fuck. Absolutely no challenge at all.

The characters/narrative/world will be damaged, as seen in every piece of FF7 media that came after. Crisis Core is ok

>spoiler
No, it's not. Especially since you were talking about characters/narrative/world. Before Crisis was slightly good, not just decent.

>Never happening.
It will.
It was recently confirmed by some guy.

Yes it is. It's the least offensive spin-off. MC is solid and Aeris final got a good VA.
And Sephiroth jumping in the reactor in Before Crisis is unforgivable.