Congrats Detective Pikachu you have the highest review score of any video game based movie

Congrats Detective Pikachu you have the highest review score of any video game based movie

Attached: E9D22726-4020-44D5-B2D2-00B3CD33074D.jpg (750x893, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/movie/pokemon-detective-pikachu/critic-reviews
metacritic.com/movie/pokmon-the-first-movie---mewtwo-strikes-back!/critic-reviews
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6riM2aDLk
translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.2chan.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=4d5KovCbU8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Woo!

It's an animemovie not a videogame movie, you dipshit

incorrect

Attached: yokai watch.png (787x318, 203K)

>Yo-Kai Watch
Literally who

retarded

>review aggregators

Critic reviews mean fucking nothing. Personal opinion should be regarded above all else.

Mortal Kombat is still the best it came out before RT existed

You mean any live action adaptation. There are plenty of anime movies based on video games that have better reception, though maybe not by western reviewers who don't give a shit.

Animated shit doesn’t count

Pokemon was a game before it was an anime.
This movie has no relation to the anime, and is in fact directly based off of and named after a game.

Attached: det pika.jpg (225x225, 16K)

Good taste!

metacritic.com/movie/pokemon-detective-pikachu/critic-reviews
Oh boy, this is going to be a fucking riot. Boomers are going to be the only ones rating this low, and the funny thing is, the reviews are already way higher score than the animated ones.
>From IndieWire: It seems that this particular game of Pokémon needed more time at the gym. Yes, that’s a “Pokémon Go” reference, and if you can’t follow it, don’t bother.
>Entertainment Weekly: As the wisecracking voice of Pikachu, Ryan Reynolds deserves some sort of special citation for doing the best he can without Deadpool’s f-bombs (or a decent script) to lean on. But the main problem is that the film’s gumball-mayhem plot is so frenetic that it’s impossible to determine if it makes a lick of sense. Maybe that was the point.
>Screen International: An aggressively cute family film that’s also a spectacle-driven sci-fi noir-mystery with hints of Blade Runner and the third act of every Marvel movie, this adaptation of the popular 2016 video game throws everything at the audience with such vehemence that the sum effect is overwhelming more than it is entertaining.
>popular 2016 video game
>The Associated Press: You’ve played Pokémon Go, right? Call this one Pokémon Don’t Go.
>If you don't know your way around a Jigglypuff from a Charizard

Attached: critic.png (328x393, 180K)

>on Yea Forums
>doesn't know a video game series

you have brought dishonor upon our clan. You must now chop off your pinky finger.

Attached: yokai.jpg (1786x1601, 618K)

the movie has very little to do with the game, which was a boring soulless cash grab

If that’s the case then it’s also the best reviewed live action anime movie beating out Ghost in the Shell and Dragonball Evolution

I'm going to fucking die

Attached: 1324077208348.gif (191x256, 223K)

Plumbers?

Attached: Untitled.png (208x169, 68K)

Attached: ostritch.jpg (468x538, 104K)

Think this is bad? Check out the first movie reviews metacritic.com/movie/pokmon-the-first-movie---mewtwo-strikes-back!/critic-reviews

It's literally the same fucking plot you fuckwitt

that got a movie?

>muh Deadpool
Disregarded.

EEEEE

>literally who website
post IMDB or fuck off

>Animated shit
>Adaptations aren't shit and are better than animated ones

lmao shit taster anti-anime kill yourself and kill your mom

yeah I remember mewtwo

zoom zoom

pokemon animated movies rape that shit lol

>I can't recommend the film or work up much enthusiasm for it because there is no level at which it enriches a young viewer, by encouraging thinking or observation. It's just a sound-and-light show, linked to the marketing push for Pokemon in general. But I may have completely bypassed the point and misinterpreted crucial Pokemon lore.

Attached: 432.jpg (208x239, 16K)

>5 reviews
Sure.

>, this adaptation of the popular 2016 video game
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>pokemon go invented gyms
I... What?

>Pokemon don't go
Holy shit my sides exploded

Wew lad. I'm fucking glad the movie's doing the exact opposite of Masuda's philosophy and is aimed towards Pokemon fans from the start.

It's a shame since if they had kept the original opening and pilot of the Japanese release, then maybe it would have been respected.

>The Associated Press: You’ve played Pokémon Go, right? Call this one Pokémon Don’t Go.

Attached: 1347868196005.gif (180x135, 1.89M)

how old and where do the these people come from?
If they are older than 30, they should remember the first pokemon boom that makes current capeshit craze look like indieshit.
If they are younger... how didn't they grow up on the game, nor the cartoons, and avoided all contact with social media until today?
HOW
DOES
THAT
WORK

I fuckin know what it is and I’ve played it. But its super fucking unpopular in america that it may as well be a literally who. I mean it doesn’t even sell well here.

Has there ever been a Pokémon game where people actually train their Pokémon at the gym? For example, with NPCs so busy training they haven't got time to fight you? Where you can see their Pokémon out, hard at work training? It's far too late in the series now, but I think they should be called 'clubs', like in the Trading Card Game on the Gameboy. It makes much more sense - and as you have to earn your place in the club, it goes a long way to explaining why these 'gyms' are themed around a leader and full of hostile people who try to push you out and make you prove yourself just for coming inside.

its based off of the detective pikachu game, you dipshit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6riM2aDLk

and here comes /pol/ with the irrelevant shitpost

>watching pokemon movies? I'd rather go watch a movie where they fetch a pail of water
T. important movie critics

I haven’t seen film critics this pretentious in a while. Thought they got soft from praising capeshit

Attached: 1555181749200.jpg (750x1032, 218K)

O jesus, please make that movie a huge success, so we get another batch of those epic newspaper comics. ramen.

>nd is in fact directly based off of
Not surprised seeing a Yea Forumsirging talking about games he hasn't even touched, but no, the film has very little to do with the Detective Pikachu game, it just chose that spin off because it allowed both having a talking Pikachu, buddy movie plot which Hollywood loves as a proved premise.

go away black Korra. This is white Korra only.

That's like pretending capeshit movies are not from old comics because there are more recent issues.

Yeah, it does have very little to do with the Detective Pikachu game.
And absolutely nothing to do with the anime.

Based retard.

What? It's a movie with a plot loosely based on a game that's a spin-off of a game series. A game series that also has an anime based off of it, but the movie isn't related to the anime.

This post reeks of pajeet. Pee pee poo poo.

these are probably the normies that laughed at anyone who played videogames past age 10

>Rotten Tomatoes gave black panther 100% because black people in movie
>half black main character in Detective Pikachu
HMMMM

Attached: quadrinks.png (386x408, 337K)

Movie critics are just as corrupt as game critics
They praise/destroy shit everywhere because they are being paid to
Remember Moonlight and how nobody thought it was worthy of an Oscar and the User submitted reviews where way lower than critics reviews?
Just go and watch the movie yourself

Attached: IMG_20190429_072758.png (360x360, 38K)

>5 reviews

Oh I'm glad AnimeMcWeeaboo.com liked it.

I don't see how this could be any worse than Black Panther which was about as bog standard a superhero movie as it gets yet apparently is a cultural movement.

Do not try to move the goalpost, faggot, I was obviously neither the person you were replying, nor attacking the argument it wasn't based off the anime. I'm stating the movie is, as expected from a souless cashgrab Hollywood adaptation, a complete new beast, that only carries the name of a minor spin off to justify a suits-approved plot, and not because they were directlly adapting it like you said.

Those types of people don’t exist past the 90s though. By the 5th gen at earliest 6th gen latest normies we’re all about Halo and Madden even black nerd culture started happening by that point

Based
OH NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-160403__01.jpg (1030x451, 115K)

It's not /pol/, it's not irrelevant, and its not a shitpost. Stop being so sensitive. Your fear of /pol/ is melting your brain my dude.

It's pretty much the same, really.
As for MCU, I always liked Ant-Man more than any of the other movies.

I get more and more depressed everyday that Pokémon aren't real

oh no

whatever will they do without that consumer base of preteens that obsess over rotten tomatoe's ratings

Same here. At least the humour in that was appropriate and well done. Ant Man and the Wasp was complete shit, though.

What's the actual score?

He's not wrong.

Lmao Indians are so smelly, get outta here

Least it's a step in the right direction, but I still need to see the actual thing for a concrete opinion on it.

Attached: 1555562859822.gif (240x240, 62K)

Hahahaha, the hell? At the very least check the timezones of the places that you are going to try to offend, moron, poos in the loos are sleeping (not to mention there aren't that many in Yea Forums).
I'm europoor, you should have gone with the sandnigger meme.

You're the one moving the goalpost. You replied to a post disputing that the movie is based off of the anime, which it isn't. Follow the (you)'s back to the top and you'll see there isn't a single post about whether or not anything is a soulless cashgrab.

The /pol/tard is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a /pol/tard and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Yea Forums: videogames

Will we get another napoleon dynamite this year

Don’t act like word of mouth and backstage gossip hasn’t killed movies in the past. See Fan4stic After Earth ect

Wtf are your dumb white supremacist ass talking about?

>6.22 average score
LMAO

>he doesn't know that pokemon is the largest franchise in the world

what the fuck am I reading. You sound like a terrorist.

Hahaha the kike figured out how to use copypastas for its own benefit. They're learning.
Shit.

>Live action
>Anime
Pick one.

learn to read you dumb mother fucker.

Attached: 1547414953465.jpg (495x638, 46K)

>is in fact directly based off of and named after a game.
I quoted that line for a reason.
Why are so many spineless faggots like you who NEVER admit they are wrong in the internet? And while anonymous on top if that, ffs. Do you have such small and fragile ego? Everyone fucks up, moron, just learn to not talk about games you haven't played and move on.

Nice self-portrait.

Detective Pikachu makes Pokemon look like big jerks and meanies. I was hoping for the first CGI real world Pokemon movie to be light-hearted colorful and cute, not an overly self aware dark toned "yo dude what the hell, you think that just because imma Pikachu doesn't i can't be an asshole" shtick

Attached: KD69ZvmAeo.jpg (650x650, 78K)

Detective pikachu came out in 2016

Attached: 82.png (922x1050, 95K)

Anime did it first.

Me too. He shows up in the final chapter of the game.

>this adaptation of the popular 2016

Attached: 1556170803996.png (741x568, 29K)

Spoilers :V

I love this

Attached: 1444930561554.gif (320x240, 239K)

Chris Nashawaty really knows how to commit to a theme goddamn.

I wouldn't even care about the darker setting if they wouldn't chose to mix realistic looking pokemon with cartoon features, they are straight uncanny valley. Can't understand why so many people say it looks good, I guess Pokemon is too big to fall, or shills did a good job creating a positive snow ball.

wouldn't the movie score be 56% then?

It opened over here today and I just watched it.

It was pretty good.

Villain is white businessman who wants to become a pokemon and transfers his mind into Mewtwo then starts transferring all people's minds into pokemon because he's bonkers, his secretary (lady in shades) is actually a Ditto and basically the final boss (transforms into multiple human characters and pokemon), Ryan Reynolds is actually the kid's father whose mind was fused into Pikachu before the movie started to hide him from the villain

Do you people forgot detective pikachu was a game?

Attached: 7D636C20-76C1-450D-B80D-A28C4B1D87BD.jpg (124x110, 5K)

Bill Nye?

Yep
His son is made out to look like a villain for a bit but it turns out to be the Ditto (if the person's wearing shades, it's actually the Ditto)

The last pokemon games I played were the original releases of gold/silver and I never touched anything related to the series after getting out of primary school but I enjoyed it. 90% of the fun is Ryan Reynolds though so if you don't like him then don't even bother watching the film.

Wow, they actually did the father's """""twitst""""", although even my grandmother saw it coming from a light year of distance. I hoped the twist was going to be he weren't the father.
That Ditto idea sounds dope... except Ditto aren't rational. Or have all Pokemon in this film universe human-level intelligence?

>Popular

Question for the guy that saw it
Did incineroar appear at all? He’s like the most popular pokemon right now

>Highest score is a 73

LOL

Based Yokai chads

Movie started production before gen 7 happened so expect fuck all

Bill Nye is doing genetic shit on pokemon (he also has kaiju sized versions of the tortoise things with mountains on their back, don't know their names as I haven't played anything after gold/silver) and they just say that his Ditto is special.

I guess the kid is supposed to be half black or whatever but the final scene where Reynolds is actually there felt a bit weird.

Aside from the obvious Pikachu and Mewtwo, and Ditto as mentioned above, the film also pushes Psyduck quite a bit. Mr Mime and Charizard and the ninja lizard things with shurikens get a memorable stuff too. Everything else, not so much.

Popular is the operative word.

Given that the review uses popular, I would guess that its not referring to the Detective Pikachu game.

Not him but I'd rather believe 5 people who know what they're talking about than 30+ where most of them are either shills or have no idea what they're reviewing anyways

>Pokefags don't know actual videogames

Checks out

Attached: 1556581377298.png (261x102, 69K)

The jump to 3D and Pokémon Go ruined Pokémon

If anyone cares, this 2Chan's reaction:
translate.google.com/translate?hl=es&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.2chan.net/

>I was only pretending to be retarded

Is Bill Nye actually in the movie?

Just want to add that there's not much detective/mystery stuff going around at all, the kid and Pikachu and the news intern and her Psyduck just kind of bumble around until they find stuff. There's a lot of big dumb ultimately meaningless action scenes and over-the-top cartoonish characterisation too, presumably for kids.

Bill Nighy is in the film he's the villain

Why do boomer critics hate Pokémon for being confusing but love Marvel movies?

Does the Ditto have a human mind?

>a special Ditto
So Mew Three?

>All these nostalgia blind manchildren pretending that Pokemon isn't a boomer series when it's been around in the mainstream since the 90's

Capeshit is even newer to most normalfags and it sales with zero effort. People just don't give a shit about your autistic fan wank, get over it

>final boss is [spoilers]Ditto[/spoilers]
I'm sold

It seems to just be a pokemon. It does shit like push Bill Nighy's wheelchair around and coordinate Mewtwo's capture though and clearly pretty smart, but has no lines even when in human form.

Don't you have a loo to be chasing?

>but love Marvel movies?
Cause Marvel movies will spend a huge amount of time explaining the most basic shit. While pokemon they see a creature they don't know and go full Doug Walker

>nintendo bonus

Attached: 1556351273254.jpg (980x1040, 138K)

I'm guessing the Ditto has scary bead-eyes

Yep that's what the shades are for

>NO FIGHTING WE NED TO WUV AND WESPECT EACH UDER
>Goes back to fighting immediately because that's the entire point of the series

He's not wrong

Was the first review always a food analogy?

Highest quality post itt

Oh and they say that Mewtwo "escaped from the Kanto region" previously (the villains didn't make him, just captured him) so I guess this could tie in to game canon or whatever.

There's no mid or post-credits scenes but my cinema aired a trailer for the new CG Mewtwo movie remake and the humans look fucking horrific in that.

The credits do have the characters drawn in the same art style as the old games though and most of them look nothing alike

>critics and liberals don't like it
day one watch

What was the point of the Flareon?

>I can't recommend the film or work up much enthusiasm for it because there is no level at which it enriches a young viewer, by encouraging thinking or observation.
It's a fucking children's movie you dead, jawless boomer

Attached: hbox.jpg (667x632, 82K)

The Pokemon killer!

Bill Nighy goes "look at the pokeymons they can evolve into whatever the fuck they want and I want to evolve into Mewtwo"

>slurps, and it's gulps are fleeting
Petition to see Johnnie's browser history.

Attached: max.jpg (314x351, 16K)

Mmmyes, I too would like to evolve into Sylveon.

I don't get it, is this a Hoenn joke?

None of them are edited, that's just a screecap of some of the reviws.

Incredibly based and redpilled

kek

Why the fuck do movie reviewers write like this? Slap on as many forced adjectives as you can with no substance. Reminds me of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=4d5KovCbU8w

>I guess the kid is supposed to be half black or whatever
His actor is half black and it's not hard to tell.

CRUMMY PAIL OF WATER

>It absolutely deserves a Yeah! for Nice Water Graphics however

Attached: 1548429937007.png (500x688, 313K)

>"dude it's totally because people like that one black guy!!! it's not like people are completely ignoring that character in favor of the pokemon or anything!!"
black panther didn't deserve the rating it got but come on

Attached: 1553954472052.png (333x500, 376K)

Does Bill Nighy end up in Lugias stomach?

I just want to add that the movie is NOT well-written in any way. Hell, the villain's plan is plain fucking retarded: He reveals his evil plan to the kid, puts on a device that transfers his mind into Mewtwo, and then as Mewtwo fucks off to do the rest of his plan WHILE LEAVING THE KID IN THE ROOM WITH HIS BODY AND THE DEVICE. The Ditto shows up later to rough the kid up but the kid totally has a load of time to just go over to the body and pull the fucking thing off (he doesn't because the writing is bad and just dicks around doing nothing until the Ditto shows up).

90% of the fun of the film is literally just the sheer novelty of Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu, but I personally found it to be worth it.

You'd prefer it watered down?

Lugia is a parade balloon

That's a high score

I thought boomer critics would hate it. Please tell they have snarky Pokemon zingers, let me guess a few

>So in conclusion, I'd say Pokemon Don't Go to the cinema
>This is more like Pokemon Stop
>I don't give a Pikachu about Pokemon so give this a miss

Wow, what an insightful link! Thanks retard!

This is almost too smart for modern Yea Forums. It must be a /vp/ image.

Attached: 1449433747965.png (415x353, 111K)

water

I made it for this thread, specifically in response to a post that was made here. Based on some of the responses I think some people think I mean something else by it, but it's literally just referencing the edit of the water pail kid, it wasn't meant to be clever.

that villain is literally OURGUY

does that mean Pikachu was black all along?

How is it aimed at Pokemon fans?
What Pokemon fans want is a challenging game, not a shitty 3D movie.

If Ryan Renolds is black to you then yes. If not, then obviously Ryan Renolds got BLACKED.

>movie critics
>go into a movie of a big IP you know nothing about
>complain movie doesn´t explain everything to you

Attached: 1357019968478.jpg (250x233, 14K)

It’s 75 now

>Rotten Tomatoes

Pretty much
>Your feelings about "Pokemon: Detective Pikachu" probably hinge on if you can tell a Squirtle from a Bulbasaur. No? Then you might not care one Jigglypuff.

>This one just feels like a venal money grab from a mega corporation. You've played Pokémon Go, right? Call this one Pokémon Don't Go.

>Still, there's enough here to please both Pokemaniacs and the Poke-non.

And one made by someone knows the games somewhat
>Honestly, it only seems fitting that the first good video game movie would be a Pokémon movie. It's really effective.

>Honestly, it only seems fitting that the first good video game movie would be a Pokémon movie.
This nigga didn't see Ace Attorney.

That's not american...

Silly user, only live action burger movies count.

>This one just feels like a venal money grab from a mega corporation
as opposed to what? Disney now montly garbage ?

>the third act of every German adult film

Attached: 1543791641274.png (755x755, 510K)

Nope Ryan fucked a black chick

The only reason I could care about this retarded movie is to see if my bros show up.
Do they?

Attached: mosaic835bde5d19104f1c4d6490ac4c16c6004895ad73.jpg (920x615, 136K)

Animated game movies don't count.

Attached: 220px-Street_Fighter_II_The_Animated_Movie_%28Japanese_pamphlet%29.jpg (220x312, 23K)

Movies geared towards children should especially be smart though

Honestly it doesn’t look bad but i feel different

Gengar and Golurk have shown up in the trailers at least. No Galvantula but there were Joltik on a poster.

Shitty cuck movie

based

Why would you want smart kids when your ideal utopia is dumb adults watching capeshit and porn all day?

What said

His character does show up in the last scene of the film (the pikachu goes back to being a regular pikachu) and he's just Ryan Reynolds.

Anyone willing to bet we’ll see some reactionary YouTube fags claiming it’s racist and unlike-Pokémon to make the villain a rich, white businessman?

Completely ignoring that the first Pokémon villain was that to a tee.

>Completely ignoring that the first Pokémon villain was that to a tee
Giovanni was a Japanese criminal mastermind. Take your bait elsewhere.